Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

The Future of Saab?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    Re: Volvo... Actually they've been getting around for decades with RWD.. Volvo didn't start in with FWD until '95?..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    they shouldn't have bothered to make the change - they should have stayed with RWD.

As for Saab, they are now facing the same dilemma as many other FWD manufacturers, like Acura, and yes Volvo eventually. Too much power for the front tires to put down and also do the steering. They have reached the limit.

How can they expect to go on selling the 9-5 as is for two more years? Good God, they should just put that model on hiatus. It's a bit embarassing.

And how long do you suppose it would take them to get the Sonnet to market, if they started right now? Two years? Three? More? Saab needed fresh product three years AGO, not three years hence. What they got instead was rebadges of a couple of models hanging around the far-flung GM empire, which never sold and now will be quickly and quietly cancelled.

I guess by 2008 Saab will be the 9-3/SportCombi brand? That's some future. I have driven the 9-3, a nice enough car but no great shakes in the context of the market. Buy the A4, buy the TSX or TL, heck buy the S40 or S60, and come out ahead for sure.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I agree Saab needs new product very badly. They slashed prices on the 9-5. I think $3500 ? It's still a decent car for the money. I do though think the 9-3 Convertible is nice but is a bit over priced for a FWD car with only 250 hp. :confuse:

Rocky
  • Options
    logic1logic1 Member Posts: 2,433
    Re: Volvo... Actually they've been getting around for decades with RWD.. Volvo didn't start in with FWD until '95?..

Believe you are correct. Underscores that while AWD has its fine points, it is not the be-all and end all for snowy climes.
  • Options
    Buy the A4, buy the TSX or TL, heck buy the S40 or S60, and come out ahead for sure.

In the Sedan, perhaps. I'll take the new 2.6 litre turbo V6 in the Combi over the powerplants in any of the vehicles mentioned.

I prefer the Combi hatch design over anything Acura sells.

Neither the V50 nor the V70 match the Combi for sporty ride.

The new Audi A3 does, but it is smaller - and will cost nearly as much as the Aero when fully loaded.

Yes, Saab needs more models.

Finally, on the HP issue, don't you think with the cost of gas where it is there will be a market for thrifty engines with HP already more than adequate to accelerate well over twice the national speed limit? Or do you expect the madness to continue as though the price of gas were still under a buck a gallon?
  • Options
    Interesting question. While I long for an America where we realize that "engines with HP already more than adequate to accelerate well over twice the national speed limit" are more than enough, and that we should start focusing on fuel economy a LOT more than we do, and not just build a few hybrids and call it a day.........I understand that the reality is that the "madness (will) continue as though the price of gas were still under a buck a gallon", especially in the luxury and near-luxury segments, which is where Saab competes. There just seems to be no stopping it. The Lexus IS350 has topped 300 hp now, as will the next ES in April, both of which are under $40K. The GS will soon START at 300 hp and go up from there (later this year). Meanwhile, Mercedes and BMW are going WILD with hp, as is Cadillac. And I will bet that within a couple of years we will see an AWD 300 hp TL that starts under $40 grand too. Audi has S-series cars, and when that proves not to be enough, gets itself some RS-series cars too! Not to mention Volvo, with its turbo cars, is not far behind.

These are Saab's primary competitors, I believe.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• Options
    And I will bet that within a couple of years we will see an AWD 300 hp TL that starts under $40 grand too.

I hope not because I will want one again if it resembles the current one :surprise:

Rocky
  • Options
    jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    I think I can comment here now...Volvo started with FWD in 1993 when the first 850s came to the States.
  • Options
    merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    What I don't get is how GM managment especially Lutz can keep a straight face while they turn Saab into nothing but another GM badge. After the 9-3 is gone, "Saab" as we know it will be no more. I thought Lutz was a "car guy" that had a clue about "cars". He now acts just like the folks he was hired by!!

M
  • Options
    It's gonna take time. I know how you feel but the bottom line is GM has bigger fish to fry at the momment. They can't concentrate quite yet on Saab (which is low volume) until they get things worked out in the higher volume brands. The Delphi issue right now is getting full attention.

Rocky
  • Options
    smu1976smu1976 Member Posts: 110
    Yes, lets be accurate, last time I went auto shopping in the United States I could not find my Opel Dealer? Platform sharing and rebadging are two completly different things. Yes, 9-2, 9-7 rebadged. The 9-3 and 9-5 are not, nor if you drove an Open Vector or Catera would you know that the same platform is used. Oh, and I can see why you screen name has EX Auto Exex

February /06
    Sales increase 34.1% in January, lead by expanded 9-3 line-up

Detroit, Mich. - Hot on the heels of a solid sales increase in 2005, Saab Automobile USA has realized one of the best January results in its nearly 50-year history in the United States. The company, which will celebrate the golden anniversary of its U.S. activities at the New York auto show in April, sold a total of 2,196 vehicles in January 2006 - up 34.1% from the same period a year ago.

Up over 30%, my figures are checked!
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    My congrats go out to Saab. Hopefully they will be with us for a long, long time.

Wasn't Saturn supposed to be the rebadged Opel though?

GM did a good job with Epsilon in creating distinct driving experiences for the Malibu, G6, Vectra, and 9-3. (Has anybody driven the rebadged 9-3 Cadillac BLS?)
  • Options
    I'd like to know the same thing. Is it similar or different ?

Rocky
  • Options
    the BLS was pretty much just a rebadged 9-3? Oh GM, the horror! :-P

• Options
    I think Saab could be the upmarket Opels and Saturn could be the mainstream Opels.
  • Options
    I wonder how much it would add to the cost of a 9-3 Convertible.
  • Options
    I actually thought of you when I posted this article. Just in case you missed it ;)

Rocky
  • Options
    could actually use this BioPower concept to their advantage by selling very fuel efficient luxury automobiles,since no other luxury brand emphasizes economy- they all emphasize performance.

Some of us want a luxurious car but don't want to harm the environment :)
  • Options
    I agree with you on that. However I do think Saab could have both with this new golden technology. :D

Rocky
  • Options
    Performance, Economy, and Luxury. Sounds good. Now the hard part is getting it done in Detroit and Trollhattan.
  • Options
    jchan2,

Did you see that GM redesigned the Saab.com site ?

looks a whole lot better. ;)

Rocky
  • Options
    I noticed. Saabusa.com now looks wonderful.

Got back from the Nashville Auto Show and the lone rep. there said that Saab had a jumbo SUV in the works.

I sure hope he was being fed some mis-information.
  • Options
    The 9-5 might be a old design, but it's affordable.

I wonder if GM would allow me to take a Saab to a GM dealership to get it worked on. i.e. general maintence ?

Anyone know the answer to this question ?

Rocky
  • Options
    I don't know. The regular Chevy and Pontiac dealers won't have much experience dealing with the 9-5's 2.3 engine as it's not used in any Pontiac or Chevy products.

I'm sure it'd be fine for oil changes but major services should really be done with a Saab dealer, and I'm not sure you would get free maintenance with a regular GM dealership.
  • Options
    They have free scheduled maintence, jchan ? :surprise:

Rocky
  • Options
    All Saabs have free scheduled maintenance- the 9-2X has it for 2 years/24,000 miles while the 9-3, 9-5, and 9-7X have free maintenance for 3 years 36,000 miles.

Most of the maintenance are minor oil changes but the 30,000 mile service is a huge one, and on the 9-3, 9-5, and 9-7X you'll be spared the expense of paying for it.
  • Options
    Well I don't want to drive 3 hours to Lubbock, just to get service done on my car. Maybe someday someone will build a Saab dealership in Amarillo Tx area. :sick:

Rocky
  • Options
    Is your nearest Saab dealer Sewell Saab by any chance? Perhaps you could ask them to build another Saab dealer... :)
  • Options
    saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Any and ALL free scheduled maintenance and warranty work can only be done at a franchised Saab dealer.No way for any non-Saab dealer to be reimbursed by the manufacturer.Only a Saab dealer will have the proper diagnostic tools to read the codes in the engine management system.Nothing unusual.....you can't take an Audi to a VW dealer or a Jaguar to a Ford dealer.As to having to travel 3 hrs to the dealer?Service intervals are app.every 10,000 miles.Not like you are going to make the trip every 3 months!
  • Options
    dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    It's not scheduled service that would worry me that much--it's repair. What if you happen to get a troublesome vehicle? Would this 3 hour drive be frequent? Would it be advisable to do it with a defective vehicle? Yuk! Would you be prone to let things stay broken to avoid the drive?

I know someone who REALLY wanted an x-type but chose to not get it because it was 110 miles to the nearest jag dealer. I think she made the right choice.
  • Options
    saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Yo Dude....you live in freakin' Texas!!!People drive 80 miles to get a six-pack of beer!!!Lol!!!
  • Options
    Yes especially here in West Texas where I live it's very spaced apart. I however am lucky I don't have to drive 80 miles for a six-pack. ;)

Rocky
  • Options
    That is true and is why I'm seriously still considering a Saab. God I sure hope my GM owned Saab can cough up the next 9-5 to be a stunning as the Scandinavian brand called Volvo. The new S-80 is stunningly beautful and I want GM to make the next 9-5 Saab even better than that car if it's possible, and still keep the car somewhat inexpensive. If you haven't seen the S80 here's a link. Be prepared to be blowin away :surprise:

http://www.volvocars.com/

My God the S80 in my opinion after seeing it again is the best car ever made :shades: I can't believe I'm saying this guys.....

Rocky
  • Options
    GM overhead cam engines named among industry's best

Pontiac, Mich. - Two of General Motors newest, high-performance overhead cam engines – the 2.0-liter Ecotec Supercharged and 2.8-liter V6 Turbo – have been named among the industry's 10 best engines of 2006 by the editors at Ward's Communications.

Both engines are variants from two of GM's most popular global, modular engine families, designed, engineered, and produced around the world. They also share a similar attribute, which Ward's noted as an important development occurring in the industry today: forced induction.

"Turbocharging and supercharging allow us to develop big-displacement-like engine performance, while maintaining the efficiency benefits from a small displacement engine," said Sam Winegarden, GM Powertrain executive director of engine engineering. "We're pleased that the editors at Ward's recognize our expertise in developing these efficient, high-performance engines."

Supercharged Ecotec
    "GM makes serious inroads into the affordable performance market with its thrilling 2L supercharged DOHC I-4 used in the Cobalt SS performance coupe," said Bill Visnic, Ward's senior technical editor. "Thanks to supercharging and intelligent design, GM engineers squeeze more than 100 hp per liter from their 4-cyl. dynamo, while achieving an impressive 23/29 EPA city/highway fuel economy rating."

The Ecotec 2.0L supercharged is a variant of GM's global Ecotec family, which features an aluminum block, inline four-cylinder, dual overhead cam, four-valve-per-cylinder engine design. At the heart of the Ecotec supercharged is an Eaton M62 helical roots-type supercharger. Maximum supercharger boost pressure is 12 pounds, and the system includes an air-to-water intercooler to increase intake-charge density, which in turn enhances power and reduces a supercharged engine’s propensity to "knock" at high boost levels.

The Ecotec supercharged also received upgraded components in critical stress areas, thanks to experience in the tortuous crucible of the National Hot Rod Association's Championship Drag Racing series – where the Ecotec has developed a "bullet-proof" reputation as a formidable powerplant for front-wheel drive dragsters.

Available in either the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged or the Saturn ION Red Line, the Ecotec SC slams out a formidable 205 horsepower at 5600 rpm and 200 lb.-ft. of torque at 4400 rpm.

It is built exclusively at GM Powertrain's Kaiserslautern, Germany, engine plant.

2.8L V6 Turbo
    "A sophisticated mid-displacement V-6 and turbocharging are a remarkably effective combination," says Visnic. "GM and Saab have created an impressive performance-car engine with high specific output and the thrill of turbocharging."

The 2.8L V6 Turbo is the newest addition to GM's contemporary global V-6 engine family. All engines in the global V-6 family share traits that include a 60-degree lightweight aluminum cylinder block with iron cylinder sleeves, an aluminum structural oil pan and aluminum cylinder heads, dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder. The 2.8L V-6 Turbo builds on those strengths with components and technology developed with Saab specifically for the turbo system, variable valve timing, and a variable fuel pressure system to ensure smooth idle and driving characteristics.

The 2.8 turbo system features a unique, twin-scroll turbocharger. It has an integral bypass valve and is fed by two exhaust ducts – one from each cylinder bank. Separating the exhaust gas pulses with two compressor zones improves gas flow and reduces energy loss. The turbo system's charge cooler promotes performance by reducing the temperature of inlet air.

Delivering 250 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 258 lb-ft of torque from 2000 – 4800 rpm, the 2.8 V6 Turbo is standard globally in all 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero models, which includes the Sport Sedan, SportCombi and Convertible. It is also featured in Europe in the Opel Vectra and Cadillac BLS.

The 2.8L V-6 Turbo is built at Holden's Port Melbourne, Australia global V-6 engine facility.

Ward's Communications publishes Ward's AutoWorld and Ward's Engine and Vehicle Technology Update. The criteria for the 10 Best Engines competition includes a range of customer drivability factors such as horsepower, torque, technical relevance to the vehicle, and low levels of noise, vibration and harshness. Now in its twelfth year, Ward's 10 Best Engines was created as a way to recognize superior performance and showcase the critical importance of powertrain technology and excellence in engine engineering.

GM Powertrain is a global producer of engines, transmissions, castings and components for GM vehicles and other automotive, marine, and industrial OEMs. Headquartered in Pontiac, GM Powertrain has operating and coordinating responsibility for GM's powertrain manufacturing plants and engineering centers in North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.

Rocky
  • Options
    with the 2.8 litre turbo. The engine is remarkable. Low end grunt, high red line, turbor boost almost impercetible. GM needs to put this in the next CTS.

Maybe a Saturn, too.
  • Options
    dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Wow. best car ever made? That's quite a statement. Have you ever driven a 550i? :)
  • Options
    I can't get passed the looks of the 550i to take it serious. :(

Rocky
  • Options
    What two engines did the 2.0L Ecotec and the 2.8L V6 replace on the list?

Hopefully not the Nissan VQ35 engine because that is what is in my daily driver and I love it- decent mileage, and quite powerful. :)
  • Options
    Future Saab 9-1: New A3 Fighter Rumored in the Pipeline
    Date posted: 04-27-2006

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Forget the rumors you've heard about a neo-Sonett.

Saab planners are focusing on a much more down-to-earth product: a compact sport hatchback aimed at the Audi A3 and known internally as the Saab 9-1.

Company executives already are talking about the vehicle. In an interview with the Swedish newspaper TT, Saab Managing Director Jan-Ake Jonsson said the car will be built at Saab's home plant in Trollhättan and will be built on the same platform as the next-generation Opel Astra.

The 9-1, which is due in early 2009, won't be the only vehicle off the new Delta platform. Saturn also is looking to Opel to provide it with a successor to the Ion in 2008.

Work on the 9-1 began in earnest last year when it became clear that there would be no direct Japanese replacement planned for the "Saabaru" 9-2X, which runs through 2007. Saab reportedly is doing styling studies on its future small car, which will likely adopt design cues from the recent Aero X concept.

The company also is working on Opel-based replacements for its big 9-5 for late 2009 and the midsize 9-3 for 2010, according to European suppliers.

What this means to you: Opel will be the common thread that ties Saab to Saturn in the future.

What this means to me: Saab is taking baby steps to regain their past glory. :blush:

Rocky
  • Options
    The company also is working on Opel-based replacements for its big 9-5 for late 2009 and the midsize 9-3 for 2010, according to European suppliers.

Does anyone know what Opels could become Saabs ????

Help Me, I wanna know. I prefer pics :surprise:

Rocky
  • Options
    jchan2, help me out pal. :blush:

Rocky
  • Options
    I would think that it would be what's on the Delta platform- the Astra (for the next generation Ion and 9-1), and what's on the Epsilon platform- the Vectra. (for the Aura and next-gen 9-3)

I'm not so sure about the 9-5...
  • Options
    lovejuice28lovejuice28 Member Posts: 2
    While the quality of Saab engineering is becoming more and more exceptional the small 6 cylinder turbocharged engines simply don't impress me nor should they to anyone. A 2.8 liter v6 engine producing 250 horse and just above mirroring in torque is short of impressive for the high price and lack of performance and style. The style of the Saab is still outdated with unfinished handles and door stripping it remind me of a 98 Civic DX. While the interior quality is exceptional it brings nothing different to the table.
    The only way a small turbo charged v6 could be efficient would be to lighten the car up significantly to produce any kind of effect from having a smaller engine. In comparison you could simply purchase an Audi with a 3.2 naturally aspirated engine creating more power through out the entire rev-band and have top class styling by a manufacture with one of lowest defect rates in the world (that's fact FYI) for about the same price. It seems to me Saab is on a small v6 trip and won't bend.
    Even with their new Aero X while an impressive design and high end engineering it’s like creating a statue of Gandhi out of cheese, Incredible, but why? It would take a lot of time, a lot effort, maybe even set a record for the first cheesed Gandhi figure, but who would buy it for it a high priced object with no significant advantage besides saying, “I own a Gandhi cheese man.” The only thing that Saab has is –Saab, a name. As of right now, all that the name tells me is I have some money to waste on a car that brings nothing significant nor matches many, if any, cars in it’s class. Practically like using hundred-dollar bills for soiling paper, only people with wealth or ignorance would do this.
    Regardless of how much power this engine is producing for its size it’s a small heart in a large body. They have to get a new style concept behind all their cars to appeal to more then just "Saab-lovers" and choose a direction for their performance cars. Light bodies, small turbo v6 or the same heavier body with a larger v6 turbo. Where Saab’s is at now can be done by most car manufactures in a lower class of cars? Honda for one has already created engines that could easily be manufactured with a small factory turbo that could out perform Saab’s best (Ex 3.0 v6 accord) actually Saabs 2.8 would have trouble competing with the accords 2.4 liter I4 with a turbo on it. I’m just being hypothetical here to put comparisons out on the table. I’m not talking about a kid “hooking up” his car with a leaching parasite of a turbo killing the engine. I’m talking practical here, but we have to keep in mind you. All in all Saab seems to be a company caught in a squeeze market with no competitive advantage. I’m not against Saab I have always been about high quality smaller powerful engines, but they have to make a move with the ball now.
  • Options
    Struggling automaker's brand strategy has been under microscope since York suggested killing both.

For General Motors Corp., it's the question that just won't go away: Why, if the company is getting smaller and keeps losing sales, does it still need eight vehicle brands in the U.S. market?

As part of a sweeping turnaround, GM has dropped the cost-cutting ax on nearly every other corner of its business, laying plans to close plants, cut thousands of jobs and pare health benefits for employees.

While it scrapped Oldsmobile in 2002 and killed off slow-selling models such as the Cadillac Eldorado, Buick Park Avenue and Pontiac Bonneville, GM has avoided the nuclear option for its other brands.

"We're totally happy with what we've got," GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said this month at the New York International Auto Show. "We're not going to add any (brands). But we're not going to remove any."

Critics say GM is clinging to the idea of being big, even though its U.S. market share has slipped from 45 percent in the early 1970s to 23.9 percent this year. In January, Jerome York -- then an adviser to billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian and now a GM board member -- said GM should either sell or kill its Saab and Hummer brands as part of its turnaround.

Jay Spenchian, who became Saab USA's general manager last year, and Martin Walsh, who took over as Hummer's general manager March 1, said in separate interviews with The Detroit News that their divisions will play important roles in the turnaround of GM, which lost $10.6 billion in 2005

The Swedish-born Saab brand -- in which GM purchased a 50 percent stake in 1990, then bought outright in 2000 -- remains a tiny player in the U.S. auto market and a profit disappointment, even after major investments by the automaker.

And Hummer, while profitable and growing, has a three-vehicle lineup that some say could be absorbed into one of GM's other brands at a savings of millions.

Spenchian and Walsh, who previously had key roles in the turnaround of GM's Cadillac brand, say they have been given a clear directive to grow the brands, and have been assured at the highest levels of the company that Saab and Hummer are going to remain part of the plan.

"Any questioning of Saab's future is over," Spenchian said.

The Saab brand received a boost in February when it unveiled the Aero X concept vehicle -- a sleek coupe that evokes the brand's heritage as a former maker of jet planes.

Spenchian acknowledges the brand has been "consistently inconsistent" in both its marketing and vehicle offerings. But, he said, "what you're seeing now is a real dedication to moving forward."

GM recently added new models to the Saab lineup and aims to double the brand's U.S. sales to about 80,000 by 2010. As its main luxury brand in Europe, GM says Saab is also a key part of its growth plans in that region.

Experts say Saab needs to distinguish itself from other luxury makes.

"What are they trying to do? What is their mission?" said Tom Libby, senior director of industry analysis at J.D. Power and Associates' Power Information Network. "And that, to me, is fuzzy."

Saab in recent months launched a new advertising campaign that has raised its exposure and helped increase sales.

York, since joining the GM board in February, has gone from "negative to neutral" on Saab after performing an internal review of the brand, Lutz said.

And what about Hummer?

Walsh said he addressed its future right from the start. "Either the second or third day I was in the brand, I talked to Bob Lutz. And my first question to him was: Am I going to sell Hummer, or am I going to sell Hummers?"

Lutz's response, according to Walsh: "You're going to sell Hummers. We're not going to divest ourselves of the division."

Since then, Walsh said his task has been to determine where the brand can go from here. With a 175 percent increase in sales in the first three months of the year, new dealers coming online and brisk sales of the new H3 midsize SUV, Walsh said the brand's future is wide open.

"My job is mostly just to find out what the true potential of the brand is," he said. "At this point in time, no one is really sure."

But even with gas prices on the rise, the brawny truck brand has no plans to soften the image of its rugged, gas-thirsty vehicles, Walsh said. "Hummer is what it is," he said.

It was Lutz who first spurred speculation that GM may jettison a brand. At a presentation last spring to financial analysts in New York, the executive referred to both Pontiac and Buick as "damaged brands," comments he says were taken out of context. A few years ago, GM's money-losing Saturn brand also came close to joining Oldsmobile on the automotive scrapheap.

But now, as part of its North American turnaround, GM has a new brand strategy for all eight of its badges. GM is making Cadillac and Chevrolet its only full-line brands, while Saturn, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Hummer and Saab will offer limited product lines and target specific markets, such as performance enthusiasts and professional-use trucks.

The plan is meant to improve the image of each brand and curb the practice of rebadging the same models for different brands.

But it's also an attempt to dispel what some of GM's more optimistic critics have said of the auto giant -- that, perhaps, it doesn't have too many divisions, just too little imagination.

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060430/AUTO01/604300341/- 1148
  • Options
    blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Nice post.

Some time ago I sugested that SAAB could hang two turbos off one engine, like Audi did with the engine they put in the old S4 (1.8TT ?). That would be indeed product differentiation and they could still use small engines.
  • Options
    100% agree pal. ;)

Rocky
  • Options
    stlcarguystlcarguy Member Posts: 30
    To each their own obviously, but. . . in some defense of the new V6 it truly is incredibly smooth while still offering just enough of the turbo "fun" in my opinion. The ability to accelerate at Interstae speeds is really very impressive. 60-90 it what seems like nothing. The reality is, it's output numbers are pretty much on par with the intended european competition. Should they have gone for more? Sure, but did they necessarily HAVE to? Nah, not for me.

In terms of style, I like it. I will concede that I find it more comparable to the previous gen 3-series as opposed to the current, but they're on different "cycles," it's gonna happen. As far as the A4 goes, you can keep it, the redesign can't come quick enough. Again, just my personal taste. Maybe it is to me what the 9-3 is to you.

I could list a handful of points that stand out to me, but the end result is that it appeals to me, and just not you.

By the way, the door handles are body colored for '06. :)

Just to testify that I'm not just playing devil's advocate, I'm going to be putting an '06 Aero SS in my garage this summer :D

Just my 2 cents!
  • Options
    Good Post pal, but I personally can't wait until Saab kicks the mud in Volvo's face with the new releases. :D

Rocky
  • Options
    vix4vix4 Member Posts: 52
    Saab is one brand that should be eliminated. I can't see any purpose for GM to keep it around