Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Volt LT Lease question

chicagoclonechicagoclone Member Posts: 8
edited October 2016 in Chevrolet
This is my first lease so my apologies if this is redundant. I've been reading a lot of the posts here and just want to confirm a couple of things. I'm interested in leasing a 2017 Volt LT (what a great car) . I've attached a copy of the lease worksheet. It appears like things are in order and the two factors I could use for negotiating are the money factor and they residual value. Looks like the residual value was calculated 50%. would greatly appreciate any ideas or red flags that may allow me to get the best deal possible. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    should mention. This vehicle is in the Chicago suburbs.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    We show the money factor as .00040, not .00112.

Other than that, the numbers look correct, but that's a big markup, if you have top tier credit.
    $35/mo. difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks Kyfdx. I was thinking the same thing. Not sure where that was coming from. Greatly appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    dealer came back and said that number is set by GM Financial and blah blah blah. Still. Seems high. Any thoughts? Maybe negotiate the purchase price to recoup some of that 35/month?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

dealer came back and said that number is set by GM Financial and blah blah blah. Still. Seems high. Any thoughts? Maybe negotiate the purchase price to recoup some of that 35/month?

Contact multiple dealers and see if you get a consistent MF from all of them

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    jarynek79jarynek79 Member Posts: 3
    Just got new 2017 volt with $7500 negative equity for $0 down just sign and drive all the taxes and fees rolled in payment, msrp $34555
  • Options
    Payment is $399.99

• Options
    jarynek79 said:

Just got new 2017 volt with $7500 negative equity for $0 down just sign and drive all the taxes and fees rolled in payment, msrp $34555

jarynek79 said:

Payment is $399.99

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Dealership had to meet the quote in order to get new Chevy bolts and they were one ev short. Basically I've got lucky with me negative equity, they just gave the car away. I was paying $400 monthly for $20000 2015 sonata and got into 2017 volt with the same payment on a car with $35000 sticker price. I'm very happy with the car, it moves not like Prius I've had few years ago.
  • Options
    jarynek79 said:

Dealership had to meet the quote in order to get new Chevy bolts and they were one ev short. Basically I've got lucky with me negative equity, they just gave the car away. I was paying $400 monthly for $20000 2015 sonata and got into 2017 volt with the same payment on a car with $35000 sticker price. I'm very happy with the car, it moves not like Prius I've had few years ago.

Solid deal. Congrats and enjoy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator