Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for the additional information, schweikb. Given the choice between $600 and $800 off of MSRP, I'll take $800 :) . That does not seem like much of a discount, but that may very well be what the market for Audis is like in your area. It sure sounds like they are hot. Let's estimate what this car's lease payment should be using Audi's actual lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $35,785 and a selling price of $34,900 through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $408. Wow, that's a great deal for this car. AFS' lease program on it is pretty attractive right now. Its 24 mo. / 10k residual value for this car is currently a whopping 76%. Sales tax sure is high in your area, ouch :sick: . Once sales tax and the fact that you are not paying a security deposit are added in, the payment that you were quoted is probably not that far from the one that I came up with.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Thanks cluelessinla. It's good that you know this car's selling price. I would be happy to give you my opinion on it if you tell me what its full MSRP is. The MSRP will show me how much of a discount you are being given on your car and will enable me to calculate a sample lease payment on it using Audi Financial Services' actual lease program. Speaking of which, AFS' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2006 A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro is currently only .00165. This is a lot lower than the money factor that you were quoted. This leads me to believe that the dealer that you are working with may be marking-up AFS' money factor for this car to add additional back-end profit to your deal. This practice is completely legal, but can usually be avoided by consumers who know what their car's base money factor is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi byrdgirl. You definitely need to find out the exact selling price that was used to calculate the lease payment that you were quoted. As a consumer, it is your right to know how much you are being charged for your car. This is a very important piece of informaiton because not only does it show you how much of a discount you are being given, but it also enables you to calculate a lease payment on your car.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 A4 2.0T Sedan is .00127. It looks to me as though the dealer that you are corresponding with cut and pasted AFS' standard lease program into the e-mail that they sent you, not its special program. There is a good chance that they did so to mislead you in an attempt to mark up your car's money factor and add additional profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey mooselook. The dealer that you spoke with was being very straightforward with you. They told you Audi Financial Services' actual buy rate lease money factor for this car and did not attempt to mark it up. You are absolutely correct about this car's 24 month, 10,000 miles per year residual value being an attractive 76%. Using an MSRP of $35,310, a down payment of $439, and the aforementioned lease program, I come up with a pre-tax monthly payment of around $369 when I use a selling price of around $1,200 below the MSRP. I am not sure how accurate the lease calculators that you are using are, but if you use the formula that is outlined in the following article you should be able to arrive at the same conclusion that I did: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem vinayg1. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $35,910 and a selling price of $33,710 through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $353 with the payment of a security deposit and AFS acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Don't worry about it Chips. Community members leave out informaiton all the time. You are being given a $1,285 discount on this car, which is right around the discount that Audi is using in its advertised lease right now. This leads me to believe that this is a fair deal, but one that can be beaten in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let's calculate a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 A4 2.0T Sedan quattro with an MSRP of $33,285 and selling price of $32,000 through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $400. With this deal, at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit of $400, AFS' acquisition fee of $575, and any sort of required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi schweikb. You are being given a $1,347 discount on the car that you are interested in, which is better than the prices that a number of other community members have been quoted. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $35,785 and a selling price of $34,438, I estimate that if you were to lease this car through Audi Financial Services for 24-months with 15,000 miles a year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $431.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings seattlefan. Audi's lease money factors on the A4 Avant are a little higher than they are on the A4 Sedan. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Avant is currently .00185 with the payment of a security deposit and right around the factor that you were quoted with the waiver of the deposit. So the money factor looks OK. You aren't being given much of a discount on this car though, only $560. On '06 A4 Sedans consumers are getting at least $1,000 off in most instances. The market for wagons many be a little different though and there may not be as much competition in your area. If this is the best that you can do in your area in terms of this vehicle's selling price, the deal looks good to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome rosemarie1. The keys to getting a decent deal on a lease are making sure that you are getting your vehicle for a good selling price and making sure that the dealer that you are working with is using the bank's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. You may be able to get an idea of what a fair price is for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as the money factor goes, I can tell you what it should be. Using this information, you can calculate a lease payment using the formula that is outlined in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here is the information that you are looking for Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for for 24 months with 15,000 per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00165 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00165 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the feedback Car Man. After negotiations, I got the selling price down to $35,000 (little over $1000 below MSRP of $36,060) so I signed the papers. Should have the car in late Dec (it's been ordered and they predict about 90 days until delivery).

Seattlefan
  • Thanks, Car Man.
    I was able to tie into your number exactly by reducing the sale price, as you said, by about $1,200. I used a lease calculator that is a MS Excel spreadsheet that can be downloaded for free, at
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
    Now I can load on a few options and calculate my own lease price.
    Regards,

***Mooselook***
  • aka5aka5 Posts: 24
    Hi everyone. Newbie here,you folks are great!
  • Hi all,

I found the information in this forum very useful for negotiating my lease, so I wanted to share my info for the benefit of others:

2006 Audi 2.0T with premium and cold weather packages, optional 17in wheels, headlight wipers for $391 per month for 24 months, 12,000 miles including taxes. $1400 paid at signing all-in.
  • Hi All,

Current lease for Cal. Bay Area:

$359 lease per month for 24 month.
    Down payment: $1,065
    Security Deposit: $0
    Acqusesion fee: $575
    First month payment: $359
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ammount due at lease inseption: $1,999.00

24-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services, Inc. through participating dealers. Must take delivery by November 30, 2005. Rate based on $34,910 MSRP of 2006 Audi A4 2.0 T quattro with 6-speed automatic transmission with tiptronic, sunroof package, premium package and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $26,532
    Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.

If I would negotiate the selling price to: $33,800 what would my monthly payment be if I decide to go with 15,000 miles ?

Thanks,
    -lifescan
  • wilt1wilt1 Posts: 13
    Looking for a similar type deal what state are u in.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    I have the exact same question about that deal too, which is on bayareaaudidealers.com. First, can we extrapolate the selling price, MF and residual or are we to assume that $34,910 is the selling price?

Second, looks like you can't get any A4 without the sunroof?

Third, the audiusa.com site lists an A4 2.0TFWD lease, which requires only about $1000 up-front, with fewer options. They also apparently have a A4 2.0T Quattro lease which appears to be $33,060? That's almost $2k less! But I guess that one doesn't have the Premium package.

It would be good to hear what kind of deals people are able to negotiate in the Bay Area, especially with other configurations like adding Bluetooth for instance, which is part of a $1700 package. Plus these prices don't include metallic paint colors so you'd be limited in your choices.

If these deals are based on MSRP selling price, rather than CarsDirect or Edmunds, which appear to be about $1000-1100 less, you're somewhat limited.
  • NJ. That was a quattro btw
  • wilt1wilt1 Posts: 13
    I'm located in NJ also if you don't mind me asking which dealer did you use. Thanks
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    Yes, that is the big question - can you just extrapolate on the lease terms when adding options. I am still trying to figure out how these two lease offers change with variables. First, on the audiusa Quattro lease with leather/sunroof only, there are no such cars in the Bay Area and dealers are very reluctant to order that "stripped" car. All A4s come with the Premium package in the Bay Area.. The question is, if you do get the Premium package, can you get the same Audiusa finance deal, with the same resdiual and money factor as for the audiusa deal?

If not, does that mean that any change in options subjects us to different lease factors? If those factors change, then that deal is really not available in the Bay Area. I think it is similar for the Bay Area deal (with premium) as it would also be tough to find one configured the way they offer it. Neither deal comes with the Bose - which I want. I don' t want the Premium because I don't want the 17" wheels. Let me know what you find out.

BTW, according to the website, you can get the car without leather and sunroof package.
  • nvnicknvnick Posts: 50
    Car_man -

Can you confirm the 36/mo residuals below. 72% residual for 36 months???

AFS Captive Lease Programs – Effective 10/7/2005

2006 Audi A4 4dr Sedan 2.0T

24 mo/15k mi - 76% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi - 72% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi - 58% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi - 47% residual – Money Factor .00294 Base Rate

2006 Audi A4 4dr Sedan 2.0T quattro

24 mo/15k mi - 72% residual – Money Factor .00180 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi - 58% residual – Money Factor .00180 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi - 47% residual – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi - 38% residual – Money Factor .00410 Base Rate

Add 2% to residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Went through Costcoauto.com and talked to the fleet sales guy at Carlsen Audi. He said the lease deals are available on any A4, including FWD. The best residual is on the 2-yr, 10k/yr lease. He didn't say what the MF was but that's probably variable from dealer to dealer.

He claims the sample lease on the Bay Area Audi Dealers site has to be discounted from MSRP in order to reach the monthly payment and drive off figures listed.

Well supposedly there are models with the configurations I'm looking for (Bluetooth) in a couple of weeks so I may go and see. But I'm only interested in the A4 if the lease deal is so good that I can't resist it, because A4 isn't as appealing as other cars in the segment. This must be a common reaction, which is probably why they're offering favorable terms.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    Thanks! Funny, but my sister is trying to hook me up through Costco. But it sounds like there is no advantage to going thru Costco if you just are going to get the same national or Bay Area lease deal that everyone else can get.

I am actually excited about the A4 for reasons I gave in other posts. Mainly, it has the best headroom, legroom, gas mileage and fold down seat/trunk space of any small sportt sedan. The TL has much of that but it does not feel tossable or fun to me. I would love Bluetooth but really do not want to pay the $1500 (?) for the technology package.

BTW, I really would not bother with Rector - if they can't sell you a loaded A8, they don't appear very interested in helping you.
  • aka5aka5 Posts: 24
    Hi,
    How are you all doing? I was wondering if you any one could tell me if this is a good deal please. On lease,an Audi A4 2006,$35,485,Quatrro,Tiptronic 6 Spd, Metallic Dolphin gray,Leather,Sunroof, and Nav. They said they could order but could take upto 90 days. The destination charge is $750? On a 2yr lease,12,000 miles per year,money factor 1.37? $1,742 due at signing. The monthly payment is $430 including tax. This is my first lease so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • j0916j0916 Posts: 9
    Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2006 A4 Quattro in the Bay Area. In negotiating with the dealer I'm getting conflicting data. They calculated the lease two ways, one based on the current Bay Area Special and using the AFS special. The way they did it the deal came out very close although the Bay Area special was a little better, Although now that I'm home I come up with a better deal using the AFS special.

Bay Area Special:

MSRP $36360
    Invoice: $33660
    Cap Cost $34813 (Includes Dealer Contribution)
    Down $0
    Term 24/12K per year
    Sales Tax 8.25%
    Money Factor 0.0018

Payment $467.24 (includes taxes) about 1k drive off

On the AFS special they would do a Cap Cost of $35161.58 (Not a great discount but okay given this car needs to be redirected from another Dealer). The payment they calculated was about $470

When I run the numbers using the 24/12K depreciation factor of 75% and the special money factor of 0.00139 for the AFS special, I get a payment of $449.88.

Do my calculations seem correct? I'm thinking they didn't calculate the AFS deal using 0.00139 more like 0.00169.

Thanks,

J
  • j0916j0916 Posts: 9
    I think in order to look at this closer, you need the MSRP and selling price as well as how much of the $1742 is a down payment (i.e cap cost reduction), As well your sales tax would be helpful. I believe the destination charge should be included in the MSRP. In my area the MSRP for that car is $37610 so it looks to me like some of that up front cash was used as a cap reduction. Nevertheless if I have the correct MSRP and the tax in your area is not very low, I think you have a reasonable deal. By comparison I'm at $450-470 on a 1K cheaper car with 0 down and about 1K up-front.

J
  • You're welcome seattlefan. Good job on negotiating a lower selling price. I am sure that you are counting the days until your car arrives :).

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome mooselook. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am glad that you enjoy this discussion so much aka5.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone, m0rph3us. Real world examples of lease payments are always helpful for consumers who are shopping for similar models.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.