Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford 2001 Heavy Duty F-250

Comments

• oakridgeoakridge Posts: 4
    Since the Excursion has heated seats I am wondeering why I can't find that as an option?
    Does anyone know if heated seats may be an option
    on the 2001?
    What is the actual highway mileage of the Powerstroke?
  • zman2000zman2000 Posts: 4
    OAKRIDGE AROUND 16 TO 20 THE GOOD NEWS IS THIS KIND OF MILEAGE CAN EVEN BE 16 TO 20 WHILE YOU ARE TOWING wow! SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET THE BEST MOTOR OUT THERE CALL ME I HAVE F250 LARIATS 4WD 7.3 V8 POWERSTROKE
  • bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    I remember agreeing to NOT shamelessly solicit on this website??? I guess the rules have changed since I signed up.
    NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OKAY MR. SNAG I PROMISE NOT TO SOLICIT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HELP MY FELLOW WEB SITE MEMBER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE SO KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMMING. A I'LL DO MY BEST I CAN TO REFRAME FROM PASSING GOOD DEAL ON THIS SITE !

Z-MAN
  • bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    The key to turn that off is on the left side of your keyboard. Just hit it once. That should allow you to STOP SCREAMING!!!!
  • cdeancdean Posts: 1,110
    zman, you come across as one of those Slick Willy dealers that will do and say whatever it takes...you know, one of those people that no one wants to deal with....
  • tanrattanrat Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 F-250 CREW SB 3.73 AND 5.4.With
    about 6 tanks of gas through it I've seen a high
    of 15.2 low 12.6 no towing yet.
  • sovercash1sovercash1 Posts: 112
    Guys I don't know if you can believe the site, but normally they are correct on the info..7.3L

Diesel Engine -

SuperDuty F-Series
    Automatic Transmission
    2000 Model Year 2001 Model Year
    235 HP @ 2600 RPM 250 HP @ 2600 RPM
    500 LB.FT.@1800 RPM 505 LB.FT.@1800 RPM

Six Speed Manual Transmission
    235 HP @ 2600 RPM 275 HP @ 2600 RPM
    500 LB.FT.@1800 RPM 520 LB.FT.@1800 RPM
    (delayed availability for manual transmission)

Here is the full article..
    http://www.blueovalnews.com/2001_powerstroke.htm

Steve
    To cdean i am not one of those dealer but i am a salesman who like you has to pay bill so your right when you say i will do anything like sell most of our inventory at a $100. over I sorry I can't do that on 2001 modle or F250/350 yet but you and Mr snags will be the first to know....
  • wild99wild99 Posts: 1
    I heard last week that either this year or next year that Ford would replace the Powerstroke with the Cummings Diesel anybody here anything about that.
  • cdeancdean Posts: 1,110
    it is a wild, entirely unsubstantiated rumor that has gone on for years.

The answer is no. Ford has contract and Navistar has a new engine developed that will power Fords for the next 5 years. Cummins isn't even in the picture for Ford light duty pickups.

In the 2 ton applications (big delivery trucks), you have always been able to get Cummins in Fords, as well as Cats, or Detroit Diesels, or Internationals.
  • sinclair2sinclair2 Posts: 1
    My truck will be used mostly for basis transportation and occasionally to pull an l8 ft enclosed trailer weighing 4,500 lbs. Is the 5.4 up to the task or is the 7.3 worth the extra money, noise, and smell? If I were hauling over 6,000 I would go for the 7.3, but in this case, just don,t know. What's your opinions? My last question-when will the dealers be taking orders for the 200l's .
  • bassmannbassmann Posts: 1
    I just got back from the local Ford dealer, placed an order for a 2001 F-250 SD SC SB 2wd
    diesel 6sp.
    I hope it is everything I heard about it.
    I killed my '91 302 this weekend.
    we have a 6000lb camping trailer we pull regularly.
  • rrichfrrichf Posts: 212
    sinclair2,
    No towing done here but the engine of choice is the 7.3L diesel. I just like the diesel. If you're pulling on a regular basis I think that the best choice is the diesel. But, then again, I'm just weird.
    Rich
  • horseman2horseman2 Posts: 2
    I posted this in another area but I see these may be newer postings.

I am planning to purchase a 2001 F-250 SD 4WD (probably diesel) to replace my faithful 1988 suburban. We plan to switch to a 5th wheel camper from our tow behind camping trailer. My question is: can I tow with the short box F-250? Is there enough room for the hook up or does it have to be the long box? I have never towed a 5th wheel at all, and I see that many of you tow regularly. It would only be several times a year but I think they look and sound like awesome trucks.

I have been reading with interest the many postings here about the Ford Super Duty's and am becoming more convinced that this is the truck for me.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first time (well second now) in the town hall forum.
  • mlistermlister Posts: 6
    I just ordered a new F-250 XLT Super Duty 4X2 Crew Cab from local dealer. Dealer told me that order is for 2001 model, but he doesn't have MSRP yet. Don't want "sticker shock". Has anyone got a feel for the 2001 MSRP for these vehicles yet? Dealer info welcome if you are reading.
  • mlistermlister Posts: 6
    Oh, didn't mean to forget the great folks at Edmunds. Have any of you gotten info on the MSRP for the 2001 F-250's yet?
This discussion has been closed.