Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• sandyatlsandyatl Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey and the emission light just turned on but I want to sort of know what it MIGHT be before I take it in to have it checked. Has anyone had any issues with this or might know what it's about?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    I recommend starting with Honda Odyssey Warning Lights.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jferoyjferoy Posts: 1
    1994 Taurus with 68,000 miles won’t down shift (seems like it’s stuck in overdrive). Starting out from a stop it seems to say in Drive or Overdrive (no pep). When commanded to 1 gear using the selector it works fine. When driving and try to accelerate it will not down shift. Any suggestions?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    I would try our general Transmission Traumas discussion, or the Taurus/Sable Transmission discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• almagg1almagg1 Posts: 2
    excuse me for piggybacking on your message.

but how do i start a new topic?

i have not seen any new topic buttons or anything.

thanks.
    al
  • rrayw747rrayw747 Posts: 2
    I am looking to price an 01 silhouette, I had seen somewhere that there is additional pricing info here as opposed to regular edmunds pricing. thanks, rrw
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,981
    Hi. I've sent you an e-mail with instructions

MrShiftright
    Host
    Carspace.com Forums

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• I just purchased a "loaded" slt2 awd (worst experience of my life!) Love car!!! Dealership screwed up and didn't order some items long story but don't by from key auto group - New England.
  • peiff903peiff903 Posts: 1
    I need to replace the sensor on my 2003 Pontiac Aztek. Iwas wondering how to do it and if it is a do it yourself job. Location of the sensor and how difficult it may be will help. THANKS A LOT!
  • nmistrynmistry Posts: 1
    I have a unique property that would truly appeal to a car enthusiast want to provide exposure to this audience. The property is in Florida and comes with almost 6500SqFt of garage/workspace amongst other things. I need help/suggestions as to the best places to provide this exposure both in print and the best sites on the internet.

All help greatly appreciated.

Naresh
  • barb13barb13 Posts: 7
    My 25yo son was driving my 2000 Toyota (covered by Farmers) and was involved in a collision. A police report was filed for property damage only. The bumper had come off and was dragging and driver side turn signal light was busted. The other vehicle(Mercury Villager van) only had minor scratches on the rear panel near the rear wheel.
    I called Farmers immediately to file the claim and they said my son was excluded from my policy. My son is covered by Mercury and they said my car was excluded from his policy. So we are left to pay for not only damages to my car but $2,997.98 in damages to the other vehicle even tho' it suffered only a couple of minor scratches.

My son has his own car and his own insurance with Mercury and so he would only borrow my car in case of emergency. Well, his brakes had failed so that's why I let him take my car. I didn't want him to drive w/ faulty brakes.

I was with AAA for 23 years and only left them when they raised my rates for no reason. I would call the 800 number and get a different quote each time. Out of frustration, I went to Farmers and the agent got me a better quote. He also said my son could use my car and Mercury would cover it. And if I used his car Farmers would cover me.

My Farmers agent is no help. We communicated via emails and phone calls and I never told him that my son had collision coverage. He now seems to think that I did and that is why he excluded my son from my policy. This agent did send and email to the adjuster stating that if he was at fault, then Farmers should pay the claim but the adjusters office already sent a denial letter.

Allstate, the other guys insurance never even contacted me. They spoke to my son who says the other guy is at fault and Allstate claims my son is at fault. They sent the claim amount to a collection agency w/o talking to me and they want payment.

When we first bought auto insurance I was married and my husband bought it. I am a widow and don't know much about insurance so I trusted my agent to provide me with the same kind of coverage I had with AAA. Obviously, he gave me something else.

My son was able to fix somethings on my car and we took it to a garage for the rest of the repairs. But I don't see how a couple of minor scratches could result in ~$3K worth of claims from the other guys insurance.

I am afraid of getting my good credit rating ruined and also afraid that I have no choice other than to pay up.

My son was pulling out of a Kragen's parking lot and the other car came around the corner and they collided. Both claim it was the other guys fault. What should I do? We left message w/ the Allstate agent to call us so we can discuss the claim but he never called. How can I get this resolved?

I believe Farmers should pay for the repairs because of the info my insurance agent gave me. He had told me I would be covered regardless of who drove my car but he restricted my son! Now he claims that we had discussed it and it was his understanding that my son had collision insurance. When he had asked if my son had insurance I told him yes and that my son also drove his own car but I wanted him to be able to drive mine in case of emergency.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. I can't afford a license suspension or have my credit rating damaged. I always pay my premiums in full in a single payment and have never been
    late. I had thought I had pretty good coverage only to discover that I am in worse shape. What happens now that the credit collections agency has sent the subrogation notice? Can I still get Farmers to somehow pay for the damages to the other guys car?

Also, how can I get collision isurance for my son on his 1992 Corrola? Every quote so far says I need comprehensive coverage in order to get the collision.

Thank you in advance for your response.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Hi Barb

Sorry to hear the story. You want to head to Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents and copy your story there. People in the know will give you some advice there.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • I saw a speed trap and was flashing on coming traffic to slow down. Later that day I went to turn off the truck and my headlights would not turn off. The on/off switch is working properly and when I turn it on the low beam come on and I can use the high beam switch to turn them on. When I turn the switch off and shut the truck off the high beams stay on. I have taken apart the high beam switch and cleaned it and looked for a short... I can not figure this one out... can someone help please!
    That kind of flashing is illegal and we do not condone illegal behavior.

As for your light problem, check the topics in the Ford Explorer group. You may also want to try Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Hi, I've been having problems with my SVT. I'll go out in the mornings and it won't start. It cranks and cranks but won't fire. Then later in the day, or the next day, it'll start and run fine. I've had it at 2 different dealerships and they can't find anything wrong. It starts everytime for them. One dealership replaced the fuel pump just as a guess. Still had the same problem 3 days later. They've given up and I'm frustrated. Read a post about a possible solenoid problem?? Can anyone advise me? Thanks!
    You may find some help in Ford Focus SVT.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jinx65jinx65 Posts: 9
    I am looking for information on ways to get a good deal on a car with a cash purchase (75-85% paid).
  • fspirtfspirt Posts: 1
    My headlights were clouded beyond belief so I bought a new pair. they have level gauges, adjustment in degrees left and right, I think I found the up/down on the topside and there are what appears to be adjustment screws coming off the back. Can anyone tell me exactly how to adjust these things?
  • missy42_missy42_ Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 certified toyota corolla. I was in an accident back in January. There was about $11,000 worth of damage and I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be worth as a trade in? :confuse: :)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,981
    There's really no answer to that question because of all the variables. Was it professionally repaired to a high standard? Is the accident on public records (CARFAX, etc?). Are you trading to a Toyota dealer?

When you reveal the accident, people will try to grind the price---how much they can grind is really up to you and what the market will bear. There are no price guides to account for damage. The rule for cars under "salvage" title (which yours shouldn't be) is 20-40% less than retail.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Start with the Buying Tips: How Do I Get the Best Deal? discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Head over to the Dodge Intrepid discussion, and some owners might have the answer for you.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • skibummerskibummer Posts: 4
    Amzoil says that there is 8 luberacation spots, anybody know where they are located?
    Got a Quick, Technical Question? would be your best bet. Or you can try a vehicle specific discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • thuanvothuanvo Posts: 3
    On June 10th 2007, I bought a used 06 car that has the sticker on the license plate of May 2007 from a dealer. Who is supposed to pay for the new state license (California)? The dealer or I?
    Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Try posting in our Purchasing Used Vehicles discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joyg1joyg1 Posts: 1
    I am having a problem with my Honda Accord Air Conditioner..the passenger side is blowing cold air and the drivers side is blowing hot air. it does this whether the dual temperature is pushed or not...I have turned the temperature knobs to it reads L0 but only one side is getting cold...any suggestions?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,957
    Try asking in the Honda Accord Climate Control Questions discussion.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• bremertongbremertong Posts: 436
    New car has interior vibrations that are temperature related. After driving about a half hour they disapear and begin agin the next day when starting out. Is there a forum that deals with this issue?
  • kumasikumasi Posts: 3
    Greetings all,
    I am very stoked right about now. I just bought my first every range rover. It's a 1993 but I feel like it's brand new. Question, I have is how do I post a new thread, you know for all us newbies to the forum asking silly questions about our new toy. I still can't believe I have a range rover. Look out George Jefferson, I'm moving on up! So
    Steve, what's the protocol?