Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Check out our topic about Honda GX regular service and post your question there.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I recently bought a 88 dynasty le with a little over 100,000 miles. The other day while changing the brakes I noticed that both outer cv boots were torn. Still attached but torn. Although the car makes no clicking sounds on turns, it does make a clunking sound while in reverse and while decelerating. Up until a week ago the car had been stored in a garage for about 5 years and had only been driven about 1000 miles. My question is would replacing the boots with a quick boot replacement be worth it, or would that just be a temp fix and would I be better off just replacing both axles. If I were to replace the boots I would absolutely use the quick fix boot, because if I were to put the originals on, I would do almost as much work as if I were to replace the axles. One more question. If replacing the axles would be better, what other parts would be a good idea to change with the axle. Any seals or maybe even the motor mounts? I appreciate any help in advance. I am sorry if I posted this message in the wrong forum. This is my first post and I am just trying to get any and all help that I can. Once again thanks to everyone in advance.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Got a Quick, Technical Question? is the best place for your query!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Thank you very much kcram for the quick reply. I will post my question there. Thanks again.
  • zuk07zuk07 Posts: 3
    Hello this is not about tire size. New to this site. I want to know if anyone knows if a Geo Metro 5 speed transmission or transaxle will fit in my 99 Suzuki Swift?
    I have the trans out and need a good used one only got 176,000 miles out of this one.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    I'd ask in the Chevrolet/Geo Metro discussion since the Swift was a rebadged Metro. Or vice versa.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• My lease is ending on my 2004 Acura RSX in one month and I want to purchase and a 2007 Acura TSX. My price to buy the RSX today is $11,706 and the KBB (Good Condition) is $13,640. Is there anyway I can extract the value delta there and use the difference to aid my downpayment for the new TSX?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,854
    You might post your question here:

Purchasing at the end of your lease

• classy2classy2 Posts: 3
    I am looking to purchase a RX 350 soon w/ Premium Package in Charlotte, NC. I wanted to know if anyone has had experiences with the Lexus dealership here. (i.e. good pricing, deals, etc.)What are people paying here for a 2007 and 2008 in this area. I need some advice as how I should approach it.
    The Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion would be the place to ask.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• aleutaleut Posts: 1
    i have a '2007 miata i'am going to put 17x7 inch wheels on it
    can someone tell as a fact what is the largest tire i can put
    on teh car, and i've seen ads on performandce chips? do they really work... help!!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    You'll find other owners in our Mazda Miata group. Have a look at the existing discussions (where you're most likely to get a response), and if there's not one that covers your topic, you can start a new one.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• daniel53daniel53 Posts: 9
    Trying to figure how to post as question
    Can't find the text box
    To post a message in a discussion, click the 'Reply' button next to a message you wish to respond to, or go to the last posted message in that discussion to post a new question or response to the general discussion. That is where the form for posting messages is located. (If you are on any other page of a discussion, you will see at the bottom of that page the following: “In order to POST, go to the last page of the discussion.)

There's a bit more in the Help file at the very bottom right of the page.

• 3800fan13800fan1 Posts: 1
    I remember hearing that the 3.4 litre had problems, blown head gaskets if I remember correctly. This was in the late 90's. I am looking at a 2000 Monte Carlo with a 3400 engine. Had GM fixed the problems they had with the 3.4 by 2000?
  • How do I replace the blowere motor in a 2002 Dodge Caravan?
  • richramrichram Posts: 3
    anyone know how to remove & install ignation key cylinder
    hope this goes to the right location
  • Does anyone know what causes a 1994 buick parkave not to start after running for awhile.But after it sits for a long while then it starts. I belive its a sensor but not sure.If anyone knows, please let me know and where its located at in the car so i can fix it,Thanks, Joe :confuse:
    Start out in the Chevrolet Monte Carlo group. You may also want to check with the folks in the Chevrolet Impala group since it's the same engine and body-family.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Head over to the Chrysler Town & Country/Dodge Grand Caravan group and there should be a couple of discussions there that can help you out.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Without knowing which GMC model you have, I'd recommend using the "Browse by Vehicle" menu selections in the left margin. Select GMC for "Make", then your specific truck in "Model". You should find a discussion regarding electrical issues for that particular truck.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Two places you can check: Buick Park Avenue Maintenance & Repair or our general "No Start" Problems discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Where can I find information on deciphering the VIN for this car? I have purchased several chevrolet books but only very general info. IE, 2dr coupe, 68, norwood plant. I would like to know how the car was equipped, eng type@size SS-RS ETC. also the same for the trim code. Local dealer is of no help.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,854
    Come see us in the Classic Forum:

Help with VIN Decoding

have a 2000 Mustang GT on which I have put soem 275 tires in the rear. Lattely, I amd getting all kinds of rubbing and grinding noises from the rear end. We opened it up but could not see and broken parts buut did notice some play in the spider gears.
    Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
    or
    Any idea where I can get a 373 rear for this car
    Just got a 2007 2500 and would like to lift it up some so I can put bigger shoes on it. I am looking for some recommendations or warning from people that have gone down that road before.

Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks for the help
  • tnbilltnbill Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm new to this forum, and was hoping someone could help me make a decision: my 05 Tahoe 4wd 23,000 mi has an annoying hum in the front,most audible at between 40-50 mph,noisiest at 45, when you let off the accelerator,or coast,took it to my dealer,and was told it was the front axle,sounds like a major job,and I am concerned whether to have it (hopefully) fixed,or just live with the noise,dealer said there was a bulletin on this.
    Any one else had this problem? if so,was it corrected? Your comments would be greatly appreciated
    Great site guys !!!! P.S. can you purchase a GM protection plan at any dealership? seems to be very good deals online Thanks again