Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Open the driver's door, the build date is on a sticker on the post between the doors, low on the post. Mine was built in January, and the only issue I've had is the mirror rattle.(Fixed by dealer).

I asked the dealer about that warranty when I was there, if you had to have all the service done there at recommended intervals, or the warranty was void.

They said no, just if the vehicle was obviously, neglected or abused, that could affect warranty coverage.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Options
    marty009marty009 Member Posts: 3
    Hi:

Thanks For the info...

I saw a dealer today he offered a XLS with Nav, Lux and S & S for 28K out the door.... I think I will take it..Plus a very good trade-in....

:)
  • Options
    chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    Like you've said yourself, the financing deals for the used cars are not as good as for the new one. So may be you should compare the overall cost of the used financed car vs. a new financed car. Or compare monthly payments. So my guess the difference would be small and the deal for the used Outlander would not be as sweet.

You could try going with these numbers to the dealer asking for a much better deal on that used Outlander.

Only 3K less for almost a year old Outlander! It appears to me the Outlander gonna have a good resale value.
  • Options
    casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    Looks like the new special offers are out and they don't really look different from sept! I saw mitsu sold more vehicles in sept than last year, but less than august, of course it was a much shorter sales month! I was hoping they would get some better offers out, specially some 0% for 60 months financing.
  • Options
    dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    This may help in the long run to increase the resale value. I think Mitsu doesn't have big problems to sell them at a decent rate. The dealer I go to in Canada complains about stock availability and indeed I usually only see few of them in the lot, most with the "sold" sign on them.
  • Options
    cheapowestcheapowest Member Posts: 4
    I dont believe you guys are getting the 4wd XLS with a bunch of features out the door for about 28K. I paid 28K for a 2wd LS with sun and sound and entertainment package. I got ripped off so bad!! I wish I could have got the XLS for the price I paid. I miss 3rd row seats, bluetooth, fog lights, leather, paddle shifters, etc etc. This $%@#$ sucks and to think I trusted these sales guys.

Do you guys think there is anything I can do? I wish I never stepped foot into that dealership until I looked at this site. :cry:
  • Options
    rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    I don't think there's anything you can do with a done deal. Too bad. Got my Outlander together with the very first batch of Outlanders shipped to the US, and that time Red was not available together with the sand color. I paid 28,800 for a fully loaded XLS 4WD, that's before taxes etc though. Not bad at that time.
  • Options
    biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Member Posts: 194
    A lot of us paid more than that. Keep in mind that some of those deals are on leftover 2007 models that are almost a year old. So the dealer is trying to clear them out before the new 08's come in. Happens with all cars.
  • Options
    Yeah, I bought my LS right before they came out with the $1000 rebate. What can you do. It's a great vehicle, if it was a POS I'd be more upset.

I was talking to a girl at work today, she bought a newer Beetle, nothing but costly minor problems. So at least you got a vehicle with a great warranty that should be reliable.
  • Options
    wildwoodstwildwoodst Member Posts: 3
    Hi Marty....

Do you mind mentioning the dealers name. I am in the same area looking for a XLS AWD.

On a general note, the dealer near my house has closed, and the other closest dealers don't even reply to my email messages. Whats going on with Mitsu dealers....?
  • Options
    cheapowestcheapowest Member Posts: 4
    Okay, I found a dealer that has a fully loaded XLS 4wd for 26K wihout tax, license, etc. Do you guys think I can take my LS that has under 1500 miles and ask them to trade it for something similar to what I have paid in order to upgrade? I paid over 28K for this LS model and I am really pissed at the dealership I bought it at. The dealer flat out lied to me. I am losing sleep at night since I could have gotten a much much better deal. Anyone in the car industry have an answer to this question? I know I will be out a lot of money, but about how much? :mad:
  • Options
    piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    This is a question to that dealer. Check trade in value, here at "Edmunds used cars", I would not expect more than 20-21K, since some people are buying this trim new around 24K (LS AWD + Sun/Sound +Entertainment Pkgs.). Add to that TTL and all other fees on the new car you would pay again, and you are looking at 8-10K loss. You can nicely upgrade your ride with: Heated leather seats (+1500), Bluetooth (+250), Fog Lights (+300), etc and just let it go. Life is to short, it's just a car.
  • Options
    integra15integra15 Member Posts: 1
    You have to be more specific. What options were on the LS, was it 4wd? Is the 28k OTD or +TTL?
  • Options
    20vcq20vcq Member Posts: 82
    Sorry to hear you feel ripped off. But you mention you want the third row seating. I have it and don't want it. Just added weight to me - no kids.
  • Options
    growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    cheapowest, I will make you feel better :P

Here is the math for my XLS WITHOUT navigation/hdd/dvd.
    Price: 32000 CAD (currently 1 CAD = 1.02 USD)
    freight: 1500 (Yours is probably half of that)
    tax: 15% (compare that with 6% stateside)
    interest: 5.8% (back in feb 07)

So, If I do not pay off early, this SUV will cost me a whopping 44k.

But I saved the best for last... I currently owe 33k as of todate and the trade-in value is 20k at best. Worst is 18k I've heard. Vehicle has 23k km on it now.

I think I knocked off 1k off MSRP 32k so purchase price was 31k minus 3 grand of trade-in of my older car.
  • Options
    So I have started emailing dealers within a 4 hour driving range of me to try to get quotes. I am going for an XLS with navigation, luxury package and trailer tow attachment. I don't need AWD although it might be nice! what should I aim for it to be my lowest price? I am hoping to make it low enough to be able to roll in the negative equity of my jag into it. Also what kind of rate should I be hoping for if I have good credit?
  • Options
    gdcouplegdcouple Member Posts: 4
    My dealer told me the fist back of 07's came with a shorter antenna, like what the Eclipse have. Now all the ones coming in from overseas have the longer antenna. Granted, it bends, but it still hits my garage door going in and out.

Has anyone found a 3rd party antenna that gives a flush fit on the mount like the factory antenna does?
  • Options
    For remaining 07 models, try 1500 - 2000 below invoice. You have to combine big volume dealer, end of the month and in stock vehicles of your choice. It should work. Special finance is 1.9% for 48 months at this moment. Good luck.
  • Options
    Is it possible to negotiate finance rates? I was hoping to get a 60 month loan. The first offer I got was close to invoice so I think I may be able to get a nice deal.
    Do you think its best to first negotiate a really low price, then negotiate a high trade in for my car or do both together, like if I get the car for invoice but my car paid off then thats a good deal to me!

--Carlos
  • Options
    I don't think financing is negociable. I'd negotiate the new car price first nad then the tradein.

I think though the XLS with navigation/sun amd sound comes only in AWD version. Get the AWD - it so much safer.

$28K would be a fair price for XLS AWD with all packages, but this time of the year you should be able to get it under $27K in US.
  • Options
    You can't negotiate special finance rates; 1.9%/48 is what you can get with good credit. Remember, standard rates are ~7%. Yes, first negotiate price for new car. Don't let them mix both cars, down payment and financing into monthly payment game. Don't expect high trade in value for your ride, regardless of its shape and make. Dealer has to make some money, somewhere. Before you go, check trade in value, here at Edmunds. For dealer, there is not such thing, as excellent condition of a use car, so be realistic or try to sell it privately.
  • Options
    The trade in value at KBB always seems to be higher than what we get offered, is it reasonable to expect KBB trade in value ever?

Also, one thing I don't get is dealers love to deal with monthly payments, so what if I did the numbers at home and told them I want to pay xyz a month zero down, tax, tag, title included for abc months with my current car fully paid for. I mean at the end I do only care about the monthly payment and how many months I make that monthly payment for.
  • Options
    Is the sound package required for the luxury package? On the mitsu site if you select one the other one gets checked automatically.
  • Options
    Full KBB value for your trade? Yes, if you won't take special financing or pay over invoice for the new car. Can it be done? Probably, if you trading in 2 year old Honda Accord with 20K for F150 or Suburban, no problem. Like I said, try end of the month, they may need just this one more unit to get their bonus. Don't play their payment game, they can stretch financing (up to 72 or more months) and play with numbers, ask for higher down payment (that would bring payments down, etc. In the end some people have no clue, how much they actually paid for their car, some signed leases, not even knowing it (true story). Yes, you can try to buy a new car on all your terms, but if there is no profit for the dealer, why they would sell it to you?
  • Options
    Well here is what I want to get which is probably crazy but like you said, its hopefully one of those last day of the month deals.
    My KBB tradein and NADA tradein are around 12K. I owe slightly below 14K. From what I read some people have gotten the Outlander I want for 28K OTD with good financing.
    So What I want is to get 12K for my car and roll the 2K into the load making it 30K OTD.
    We are probably willing to lose 1K on top of that so there is a little room to wiggle.
    Anyways so far I have had very bad luck, I have emailed 7 or 8 dealers and have gotten slow responses from all but 1 which wouldn't go down at all from MSRP and claimed no one in the area has any Outlanders. I am pretty sure she is lying cause I saw several at my local dealer. I plan on going to my local dealer soon but I wanted to have some reasonable offers first.
    Fitzmall has some nice prices but I doubt they will be giving me a good tradein and I don't want to drive that far.
  • Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Yes! Sun & Sound package is a requirement to get the Luxury package. All I wanted was the power seat and I had to take Sun & Sound. But the Sound system with Sirius is awesome.
    Wiafe loves the sound and Moon roof.
  • Options
    costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    Word from a dealer is that Miti just slapped a 1k rebate on the 2007 xls , i guess this due to the 08 now coming in !!!
  • Options
    I am still considering getting an 07 xls awd loaded, even tv. What should I am for?
    I think msrp is slightly over 32k. I was hoping 28K out the door would be doable with 2.9% for 60 months, what do you guys think? should I push for lower?
  • Options
    nasdaqycnasdaqyc Member Posts: 7
    Why not just go for 1.9% for 48 months? It should only be a slighty higher monthly payment and you get to call it yours faster. It think $28,000 out the door is not impossible since it is near the end of the model year, but try to go near the end of the month, too. As always what's the worst they can do if you offer $28,000 OTD?
  • Options
    ddurhamddurham Member Posts: 2
    I've been researching on Edmunds since July and finally decided on the Outlander. Was waiting on 0% financing but didn't materialize. Sent email to local dealers asking for a quote. Most sent me their phone number to try and get me on the phone or in their office. One dealer sent me a quote for an XLS with no options for 22,550. My target price was 22,500 so he was right on the mark. He didn't have the color i wanted but could get it from another dealer. I stopped by to make sure i liked the color (desert sand beige) and decided the cloth interior wouldn't get along with my 4 yr old. They had an XLS with sun/sound, nav and luxury on the lot in that color. The dealer offered it to me for 26,600 plus tax and registration and with 2.9% for 60 months so I took it. So far i love it. The sound system is awesome. Leather is a bit stiff and not as comfy as the cloth but im sure will be worth it in the long run. Drives great and so far gas milage is averaging 23mpg as long as i drive sensibly.
  • Options
    Nice price, I may go to the dealer today to see what they offer. The guy I emailed with literally told me their manager does not like email. Too bad we only have one dealer in town.
    I walked out on a deal on an RDX last week because they changed the numbers once I got there (it was still over 4k below msrp) so I will have no problem walking out today if they don't give me what I want, lets just hope they are getting desperate, they have 6 almost fully loaded XLSs on stock, that can't be very good.
  • Options
    rancho66rancho66 Member Posts: 6
    Work the price as the 2008s are coming soon they will want to move the 2007s. I picked up my LS AWD with Sun & Sound (MSRP $26,135/Invoice $24,763) for $22,195. The dealer had quite a few new (2007) on the lot and another 10 or so service loaners available. The transaction was quick and easy, but make sure you don't have a trade or need a loan or you will be "negotiated" into paying more. I had to drive to the big city as my hometown dealer only had 1 to choose from.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good deal. Same rig as mine. (LS AWD Sun & Sound.) Enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    I saw this add this week: a dealer here in Chicago offers basic 07 Outlander for $16,995
  • Options
    kkillmeykkillmey Member Posts: 6
    Dealer wants $23,800 for a 2007 XLS with Sun and Sound, Nav,and Luxury package. Car has 4600 miles on it. Does anyone know if this sounds like a good deal? From what I've seen looking around it seems like a really good deal, almost too good to be true?

THANKS!!
  • Options
    rangaboomrangaboom Member Posts: 6
    It all depends on if it is being sold as new or used. If its sold as used then your powertrain warranty is cut down to 5 years/60,000 miles and the clock is ticking on it and the other vehicle warranties (from the "original in-service date"). To me, the longer warranty of the Mitsubishi is part of what makes them such a good value. If you take that away then you're getting less value. So this may not be such a great deal. Check for pricing on a used 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with 4600 miles and the options you've listed. If you can't find a better deal anywhere else, then yeah maybe it is worth it.

However, from what I can tell Mitsubishi doesn't have a certified used vehicle program. So you could conceivably purchase a car with a problem that is not covered by warranty (water damage, bent frame, etc.), no matter if you purchase it from a dealer or not. Used cars not sold as certified are usually sold "As Is" which means if you find a problem that the manufacturer won't cover you are out of luck. For that reason, I would pay to have a mechanic check the car out thoroughly before you buy it.

Also, if you're financing the purchase the interest rate on your loan is going to be higher than for a new car purchase. So you'll end up paying more in interest payments for the used car than on a similarly priced new car.

All this is not to say that you shouldn't purchase the car. However, if you do decide to go through with it make absolutely sure you've had the car thoroughly inspected and you know exactly how much your payments are going to be and you're okay with losing years and miles off of your warranty.
  • Options
    Thank you!! That's a great point about the warranty, I didn't realize they cut it in half like that.

The price of the car with all the options it has is really better than any other used 2007 outlander out there. I see some with less options about the same mileage for alot more. I'm going to check it out this weekend and see if there are hidden dealer things in that price that don't apply to me or some tricks like that. Still doing some shopping for some other SUV's as well though.
  • Options
    suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    Kkillmey. Is this the Keffer Mitsubishi dealer in Huntersville, North Carolina that is offering XLS Outlander for $23,800. I remember test driving the exact same vehicle that you had mentioned in your post at the Keffer Mitsubishi dealership but did not buy it since it was a 2WD. The car was good otherwise.
  • Options
    Suvseracher1 this one is in Texas. Do you know if you can get them to come down on the price of used cars very much? I was thinking of offering $23,500 out the door (tax and title included). Think they would go for that?
  • Options
    etwbg99etwbg99 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Do they provide a different valet key for the XLS's fast key system? Also, how does it work? One more question, once you started the car and go out and clean out the snow on the windshield, will the engine turn off by itself?

I'm planning to go to dealer tomorrow. They offer me 08 XLS w Luxury & Sun/Sound Pky for $25,970. Is it a reasonable price?

:confuse:
  • Options
    You get two identical key fobs with mechanical key inserted into the fob. So If I use valley, I give attendant the fob, but I keep the mechanic key, so my glove comartment remains locked.

When you start the car and get out, the engine remains on.
  • Options
    skeeta783skeeta783 Member Posts: 2
    That is a great price! Actually kind of low if its a 4wd... Check if its a 2wd.
  • Options
    skeeta783skeeta783 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys! I just bought a 2007 XLS AWD with the sun and sound package, and luxury package for $26,700 + tax. Definately very happy with it!! =):D
  • Options
    suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    I think thats a very good price. I was offered couple of hundred dollars more than 23.5K but excluding the tax, title and fees.
  • Options
    batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    The 2008 Outlander has an exterior feature “side marker lamps”. Do this marker work like side repeater lights (Blink) when signalling to turn or just it keeps permanently ‘on’ when the car has any of its light on?
  • Options
    That is really a good price. Edmunds TMV quotes it (a 2008) as $30,000 (your car: $26,700, @2007). Are there some important changes for the 2008 edition? What are there? Equally, Could you give us your dealership and State, please?
  • Options
    I will be moving to California (Menlo Park). Could someone recommend (by his/her own experience) a good dealer (service and price)? I am prepare to travel 30 miles to make a good deal for a 2008 Outlander.
  • Options
    If you mean the little light on the fender in front of the door they blink with the turn signal. On the '07 at least unless they changed it on the '08.
  • Options
    08outtie08outtie Member Posts: 13
    Hi All,

Just wanted to provide the community some information about the 2008 Outlander.
    I purchased an 2008 Outlander XLS 4WD with Sun/Sound pkg, Luxury pkg and Nav pkg. I paid $100 under invoice where the invoice amount was $28,737. Therefore my price was $28,637. The dealer charged me another $55 for doc fee which he told me upfront, so I was fine with it. Mitsubishi is currently having low APR promotion, which is applied to all vehicles in the line up, so my 48 months financing comes with only 3.9%.

I live in the Bay Area in California, so in response to Batman47, I recommend to you Brian Watt who is the fleet manager at Capitol Mitsubishi in San Jose. There is only a handful of Mitsu dealerships in the Bay Area: one in north bay (Concord); and two in south bay (Capitol San Jose and Stevens Creek), the two in south bay are owned by the same owner, so no difference; one in San Mateo which should be closest to Menlo Park, but it is a very very tiny dealership; and finally one in Serramonte.

When I requested quote two weeks ago, the request went out to all of these dealerships, but only the one from Concord and the one in San Jose came back with a real quote for an 2008 XLS. The others either didn't return email or just annoyingly tryed to sell me the 2007 left over. Overall, my experience with Capitol Mitsubishi was good, no hassle and pretty good price at $100 below invoice.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    This is the quotation I have received today for a 2008 Mitsubishi.

Selling price $27,271

Out the door price $29,800 (is insurance included?, I think no)

A difference of $2,529

Could someone elaborate further on this, because someone in this forum said that taxes plus licence should cost $300-$500 ( I live in Menlo Park, Ca).