Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Aura Electrical / Computer Problems?

Comments

• Good afternoon,

I can understand wanting to use your resources effectively in getting these electrical concerns taken care of with your Aura.

We can start with looking into your vehicle's information to see if there are any open recalls associated to your VIN. To do this, please send us an email with the last 8 digits of your VIN.

As far as working with a GM dealership to get your vehicle diagnosed, we can set up a Customer Assistance case for you. There would be a diagnostic fee for the process that you would likely still be responsible for. Also, as the dealership would need to duplicate the concerns, but it sounds like these are occurring regularly. They would also be able to check your engine light and read any codes that are there. Customer Service would be available to help get you set up at the dealership and to follow up after the diagnosis. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email us, in addition to the last 8 digits of your VIN, your name and full contact information (phone and address), the name of your dealership, and your vehicle's current mileage.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • when check engine light comes on push the blue button on the mirror and they will tell you what is wrong. ive done this alot with cars over the past years.
  • We regret the day we bought our 2007 Aura. From the get go we had that traction electrical issue and dealership has changed several wires. I am driving along the service engine traction light goes on and engine powers down, so annoying. Finally "knock on wood" it has not happened for several months. I need to look at the paperwork to inform some of you as to what wire they just replaced. Car not here now as my husband and son are picking it up 100 mi away where it broke down Sunday. I had to get a new fuel pump $780.00! I only have 39,500 mi on this car. That is ridiculous. I plan on writing a letter to GM. We will be trading this car when we have the opportunity. It is truly a lemon.
  • did you have to pay for fuel pump? should be under 5/100. if you are out on time they should goodwill it because of mileage .
  • Good morning,

I apologize that you have encountered so many frustrations with your 2007 Aura. Was your recent repair on the fuel pump done at a GM dealership? We're available to investigate this situation further, if you like. Please send us an email with more information, including: your name/username, contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your Aura's VIN and current mileage (I realize you posted it here, but sometimes it's difficult to link up an email with a post in the forum), as well as the name of your current dealership.

Looking forward to assisting,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2009 saturn aura with 65,000 miles. Car has been great. I have run into an unusual problem. occasionally i get in the car, turn the key and nothing happens. I tried again later, it started. I took the car to a mechanic. check the computer found nothing. Now 6 months later on a trip and stop the car and when i attempted to restart nothing. No lights, no nothing.. I had a guy put a jumper on it and started right up. Had the better tested and everything was OK. So, here I am an occasion problem that doesn't show any computer error codes.

Anyone else had this occur? Did you ever find a solution?
  • next time it does this make sure it is in park or try heutral. there is a bulliten on shift linkage for 09 auras and may not know it is in park. also computer may not be reading key corrrectly. try different key.
  • I have a 2009 Saturn Aura and have the same traction control/reduced engine power issue. Can you tell me how your's was fixed? The place i'm taking it can't figure it out and suggested I get a new batttery. I did and it still does it. The codes that read out our all low voltage codes they say. Which wire did they change? Thanks
  • Dkearn01,
    Are you currently working with a GM dealership? If so, we're available to assist in the process.
    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • We will be as of Monday. We will be working with a GM dealership, Frank Beck Chevrolet. They say they have the proper diagnostics to track the issue. My car troubles couldn't possibly come at a worse time as I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and now will be without a vehicle.
  • Congratulations! Hoping for a happy and healthy child!

In regards to the dealership visit - how have things gone? I realize that the appointment was for today. If you would like to set up a Customer Assistance Case and have us be involved in the process, please send us an email with more information, including: your name and contact information (phone and address,please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and name of your dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 07aura07aura Posts: 1
    I have an 07 same problem with 80K miles.. My car stopped one day & called onstar got a jump; took it to an autozone store to get battery checked.. was told smthg was draining the battery & it wasn't the starter. Purchased new battery jumper cables & the next day car wldn't turn on @ all had it towed to Nimnicht Chevy.. Asked them to check a leak also, they had my car @ Nimnicht Chevrolet for almost 4 days to find out it was smthg electrical $225 later car runing but still have leak.. (I will post the exact prob for you) But they cldnt find the leak; how ironic the next wk took to have tires rotated & mechanic stated "you have a leak" & told me it was my water pump.. wow after being under the car for abt 5 mins or so, mechaninc stated the hoses shldv been hand checked & not pressure checked when leaks are involved.. Called Nimnicht over a month ago spoke with Service mgr & still no call back & now my check engine light is on. So now I am abt to put out over $500 or more to have my car repaired when it shldv been done correctly the 1st time.. I just don't know if the service mechanics know how to really do & recognize repairs w/o a computer.. Sad
  • I understand why you are frustrated with this situation. Thank you for your patience with us as we work to sort out the concerns you are having with your Aura. If you're interested, we are available to help follow through with the dealership and to further evaluate your situation. Please get in touch with us via email with more information, including your name/Edmunds username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and any upcoming appointment information you may have with Nimnicht Chevrolet.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • As many others have posted I am also having problems with traction control/ engine power reduced
    My 07 Saturn aura xr with only 25,000 miles on it gave me that nice little present yesterday on my way home from work. Seriously?!!! Only 25,000 miles and the water pump went bad and now this?!! What did I get myself in to?!! The worst part is I don't think I even have powertrane covered any more. Is GM doing anything about this common problem? I really don't want to get raped at the stealership again.
  • We would be happy to assist as best we can, either by getting you the parameters for your powertrain coverage on your vehicle and/or by setting up a Service Request through Customer Assistance so we can work with your dealership towards diagnosing this. Please send us an email with more information, including the last 8 of your VIN, and let us know what direction you would like to go in.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • My 2009 Saturn Aura has been doing the same thing...it started this summer of 2011, we took it to the dealership we purchased it from and they replaced with a complete new computer in the car and stated it would take care of any issues (we also purchased the extended warranty when we bought the car, glad we did)...well as of Monday (Jan. 30, 2012) it has started up again with the hiccups, flashing lights, dinging and stating SERVICE ESC and the track light and engine light will pop up...it is staring to do this a lot more frequently in the last couple of days...I do not know what seems to be the problem with this, but my "used to be reliable car" is starting to be a pain and a disappointment!
  • Please let us know if you are planning on visiting your dealership to have this looked into as we would like to be available to assist.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • meg20meg20 Posts: 1
    i would get the timing checked out on it and the the converters. my car was doing that and my cars been down for three months if those go out you could have to replace it all like me and then maybe your engine
  • What was draining the battery? How was the electrical problem corrected?
  • tasteagtasteag Posts: 4
    2007 Saturn Aura Green Line. Today driving home from work I was getting onto the interstate from the onramp when my car all of a sudden lost power and flashed service soon traction control. As my car lost power very quickly I was almost rear ended by a semi thank god I looked up in time to swerve to the edge. As this is my only car and seeing that this issue seems to be occuring to alot of people there should be a recall placed on this vehicle before someone gets killed from this, obviously flawed feature of the car. Who makes a car that looses power that fast. Have there been many deaths reported from this issue, because I thought for sure I was gonna be one today. If there are non reported someone should look into how many saturn aura have been rear ended in the cause of death. I am assuming there will be quite a few.

Troy S.
    Please visit the following government website to lodge your complaints if you are having loss of power issues.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners
  • cc12180cc12180 Posts: 1
    1st Incident (2/4)- Vehicle was placed in park. Driver's side door would not open. Door unlocked as it should but door remained shut. Had to exit vehicle out of passenger door. Tried opening door from outside, remained shut. Left vehicle for 20 minutes, returned and tried opening again would not open with remote. A few hours later, door opened like nothing happened.
    2nd Incident (2/17)- Same as before. Turned on and off car again still could not open door. Exited out of passenger door. Came back to car after 2 hours and door would not open. Arrived home 20 mins later, it opened. Tried closing door and it would not close. After 4 tries, it finally shut and was able to lock car. Since then I hear air coming in the car while driving but have checked the windows and they were all up. Also noticed static in radio while driving. It would stop and start again really quickly. A lot of static when playing mp3.
    3rd Incident (2/19)- Same occurance as before. Driver side door would not open; started working again after a few hours. Door would not lock until after a few tries. Continued static in radio even after door issue.
    4th & 5th Incident (3/4 & 3/5) - Same occurance. Driver side door would not work all day.
    6th Incident (3/5) - Door would not open this morning. 30 mins later it opened. 5 hours later after taking it to Firestone to check out problem, door would not open. (locked technician inside the car). Technician referred me to GM dealership for further diagnostics. He suggested it might be an electrical issue. This is really frustrating. Dropping vehicle off tonight to be seen on 3/6.

Has anyone else been having these type of problems and how was it solved? My mileage is just over 51K (vin# 8F131470).

Thanks,
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning Troy,

I'm glad that you are safe after the situation you described in your post. If you were planning on having this looked into at one of our dealerships, or wanted to document your concerns, please let us know as we would like to be available to assist in whatever way we can.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning,

I checked your VIN and did not see any open recalls for your vehicle. I hope that the dealership visit goes well and am looking forward to hearing more! If you would like assistance in the meantime, please contact us via email at the address in my profile.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bunt3bunt3 Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Saturn Aura with the same problem. I almost had a wreck turning on a busy intersection. I have had it in the GM shop 5 times and they can not fix it. The first two times they were able to duplicate the problem but were not able to repair it correctly. The next two times they could not duplicate the problem and told me I must drive it until I get and error message. Then I got the Service ESC and traction message. I took it back to the dealer and the still said they could not find the problem. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this problem? I have a car I cannot drive and GM seems to not know what to do.
  • I just took mine back for the 3rd time in less than a year a couple of weeks ago, so far so good...this time they said that there was some wires that were rubbing each other that was causing my car to act up the way that has been just like everyone else....let's keep fingers crossed this is the issue and is fixed, because if it happens again, I am getting a new vehicle!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    bunt3,
    I apologize for your frustrations and concerns. My name is Christina; I work with GM Customer Service. If you would like to email me with the names of the dealers you have worked with, your VIN, and current mileage, I would like to look in to this further for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    shell79yve,
    I am glad to hear things have been going well. If you start to experience concerns again, please email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I traded the vehicle in was so scared something bad was going to happen. Purchased a new 2011 MaLIBU
    I traded mine in a few days ago. Feel much better now.