Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    geh86geh86 Member Posts: 11
    OK Sienna owners/customers, tell me what you think of this offer I have received.

2003 Sienna LE with:
    Symphony Package (SP)
    Power Passenger Sliding Door (AJ)
    Side Air Bags (BE)
    Tow Package (TO)
    Vehicle Skid Control (VD)
    Rear Bumper Protector (EF)
    Cargo Net (GN)

$26048 (base price)
    + $1628 (6.25% tax rate)
    + $148 (title and license)
    = $27824 (total before rebate)
    - $1000 (rebate)
    = $26824 (bottom line)

Invoice is $25900. Keep in mind that Edmunds does not account for the $325 advertising fee and $6 fuel/admin charge included in my invoice. I have a copy of the Sienna LE SP invoice. It sounds unbelievable....
  • Options
    ceo1ceo1 Member Posts: 23
    In the Denver area, the dealers want $554 to advertising. Anybody knows where I can get that fee waived?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Maybe someone here will recommend you go out of town. One thing you can do is focus on an "out the door" price and tell the dealer he can allocate the proceeds anyway he wants to.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    wayside1wayside1 Member Posts: 36
    $140 over invoice seems pretty good to me. I got my CE for $400 over invoice, so you did better than me.

You even got them to get rid of the dealer prep and doc fees and what-not.
  • Options
    mojakomojako Member Posts: 7
    Unbelievable! As if you won on a pricing game on Bob Barkers "The Price is Right." I wonder how many hours/days did you stayed in the dealer?
  • Options
    geh86geh86 Member Posts: 11
    I am positive. The rest of the story is that we test drove an '03 Sienna at a competing dealer on Saturday (they had one on their lot) and found, in our opinion, that the van is too small for large road trips with luggage, kids and all the junk that goes with them. Hence, we are backing out of the deal and waiting to compare the new '04. Yes, we may be nuts, but I don't want to regret the purchase down the road.

BTW, we negotiated everything through email until I made the five-minute phone call to put a $100 deposit down on it. I hope my credit card gets reimbursed.... If anyone is looking for a good deal in central IL, Mattoon's dealer can work with you if you live outside their sales area and do it through email. It was easy, but I did my research first. Also, ask a dealer to fax the invoice on a vehicle. Then, you can see hidden advertising costs, etc. and make an offer that is border-line acceptable. I have neighboring dealers fuming over the offer. But what did they expect me to do with such a good offer? Add $800 and buy through them? Its ironic that I am backing out, but size is a huge factor (see my post and responses on the main 'Toyota Sienna' group).
  • Options
    kledford1kledford1 Member Posts: 6
    I am going tomorrow to negotiate with a dealer on a 2002 Sienna LE with Symphony pkg. I have driven the vehicle and checked it out inside and out. It is very clean, one owner, 5400 miles, beige with tan cloth inside. It is priced at $21,900 because it has been in an accident involving front fender. Hood and fender has been repainted. The dealer told me this info. You can't tell by looking. It drives OK. My question is how much does a fender bender decrease the price of a repaired vehicle?? Thus, how low can I go on my offer??? It is still under the 36,000 mi warranty. Any advice??
  • Options
    Low-ball them - the WSJ reports that Toyota is sitting on 74 days of inventory of Siennas, and is offering 0% financing in some markets to get rid of them before the new models come in.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    4runnerfan24runnerfan2 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a loaded 2003 XLE from Oakbrook Toyota at invoice. The Edmunds invoice was really close to the dealers. All it was missing was a regional marketing fee, about $350.

Last week I was at another dealer in the Chicago area and they offered me a 2002 LE demo at invoice. I called Oakbrook and within a few moments they made me an offer over the phone for any 2003 near invoice plus the $1500 rebate or low financing. They had over 30 Siennas on their lot to choose from. The whole experience with the dealer was great. We test drove it last saturday and brought it home yesterday. If you in the neighborhood and you're looking for a great deal, stop by Oakbrook Toyota and say hi to Neal for us.
  • Options
    mlempiremlempire Member Posts: 34
    Sienna is done in 2003 , here is Previa:

http://nl.toyota.be/g/g01_09_07.html
  • Options
    steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    Um, no.
    Every month or so somebody comes by here with the good news we're getting the European Toyota van.
    As far as I know, the '04 Sienna is going to be its own thing and have nothing to do with the Euro stuff. Simply a different market. I used to live in Germany and wouldn't even consider driving something as big as an Ody there; more trouble than it's worth. Here in the States, that's what people want, and for fairly good reasons.
    No cigar.
    -Mathias
  • Options
  • Options
    dave2001autodave2001auto Member Posts: 20
    I was holding out for the 2004 Sienna, but local Toyota was advertising $5000 off MSRP. $4000 disc. plus $1000 rebate. XLE $28012 + 510 shipping plus $3817 factory options (~$900 in markup here -- no extra dealer options) less $5000. Taxes (state rate on and doc. fee ($50) and DMV extra. No bargining, except on the service contract 7y/75Kmiles for $900 -- Good price on the car and service contract?
  • Options
    The extra Toyota extra service contract was for $0 deductable, 7 yr/75K miles platinum plan. Poor, Fair, Good, or Excellent price for $900?
  • Options
    banditb97banditb97 Member Posts: 2
    It was a rainy night in late October . . .

paid $23,228 for my 2003 CE (excluding tax, title, tags) with FE, HX, TO, and Z1 option packages. This was supposedly $300 below dealer invoice (including the regional advertising fee). Could have gone $1,000 lower with rebate, but opted for 0% financing instead.

Seems like Toyota is really trying to move the Siennas right now . . .
  • Options
    thewolverinethewolverine Member Posts: 111
    To make room for the redesigned 2004!
  • Options
    What is the Z1 option? I can't find it listed anywhere.
  • Options
    tr0sstr0ss Member Posts: 14
    I have an invoice quote in Texas, and the advertising fees their quoting on an '03 Sienna LE are:
    TDA $296
    MAF $332

Are these correct?

Also, the invoice has this:
    2% HOLDBACK MSRP $515
    PIO HOLDBACK $153
    1% FINANCE RESERVE MSRP $257

I shouldn't pay these, right?

Thakns
  • Options
    banditb97banditb97 Member Posts: 2
    Z1 is the "preferred accessory package", including rear bumper protector, cargo net, and first aid kit, MSRP $136 (from the sticker). A bunch of stuff I didn't really want, but I couldn't find the van I wanted at the price I wanted that didn't come with this.
  • Options
    shirahshirah Member Posts: 3
    The toyota dealerships in my area want over $550 just to hand me the car as a "dealpership fee" or whatever they call it, on TOP of the regular dealerfee. It surrounds me, so i'd have to drive a LONG way not to pay.

Did anyone have it removed by asking?
  • Options
    Are you referring to Gulf State Del. fees or are you in another area? Gulf State seems to have a different option cost.

I got an eLE for 5000 off list. 4000 dealer and 1000 T. rebate. No dealing -- advertised price on all in stock -- He only had 3 on the lot, but after see the manager, he said they had about 10 more at aux. lots. Maybe I could of got more off, but it seems like a good deal to me. Got the 84M/72K plat. extra war. for 900.
  • Options
    95gtp95gtp Member Posts: 3
    Does any one know the Canadian Invoice price of the 2003 Sienna CE with the value package 2 (captains chairs and privacy glass)?
  • Options
    toyotafan8toyotafan8 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what's the cost to add lojack when buying Sienna LE? I have no idea what's the price range for it. Thanks.
  • Options
    bostonmombostonmom Member Posts: 5
    Is this the best time to get a deal on a new Sienna CE with the 2004 coming out in less than 3 months????
    "TOYOTA HAS ANNOUNCED A SPECIAL RATE PROGRAM GOOD on all 2003 Siennas thru 12/31/02 0.0% x3 - 2.9 %x4 - 3.9%x5 AND $1000 !!!! OR a $1500 customer cash rebate."

Looking for some assitence in negotiating the following BAFO here on the Mass/NH border:
    dealer invoice $21514
    HX xtra val pack 834 cap chairs
    Dest 510
    Cust cash rebate -1500

$21358 BAFO???

I like the thinking of the past poster who pointed out the CE with the HX pack is the way to go: This model is almost exactly the same as as LE with the extra value package,but cost about $850 less. Biggest differences are power rear quarter,windows, illuminated visor mirrors, illuminated entry system, and a tachometer.

Please advise on any dealers here in NE and if this draft bafo is realistic for a Blue Denim 2003 CE.
  • Options
    "Best and Final Offer"....I had to go look that one up :-)

Sienna's have been in the news lately for great discounts because of the new "improved" model coming out. With our TMV starting around $22,600 before options, it sure smells like your BAFO be a great deal.

There may be some availability issues as Toyota nears the end of this production run, so that could limit your choices (maybe you've already found your Blue Denim model around the lots?).

You may want to try some blast emails and see if that shakes any hungry dealers out of the trees. Have fun shopping!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Sienna CE with the HX package back in September, there were not a lot of cars to choose from, so your color choice may be pretty limited.

The dealer I used had none in stock but had 2 on the way, both in silver. He wound up swapping for another silver one so I could get it earlier.

Your price of 21358 is awesome if you can get it. You should probably expect an ad charge of $300+ plus some doc fees on top of your BAFO number. Who knows, though, maybe the dealers want to dump the old model.
  • Options
    schand1schand1 Member Posts: 1
    when compared to the invoice price that the dealer shows us ? I have been to a couple of dealers in SF Bay area looking for an LE with Symphony package. The invoice price that the dealer showed is way over that is shown on Edmunds web site. For example, the invoice price for an LE with SP package is shown here as 24400 (22921+928 and 510 dest charge). The price that the dealer showed is around 25800. How reliable is this price ? Even after a $1000 rebate the dealer is not willing to come down below 24750.
  • Options
    Our invoice numbers should be "right on." You can check it against kbb.com or ask another dealer.

That said, I wouldn't get too hung up on that number; better to pay attention to the "out the door" price. Good luck shopping!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    for me was dead on, except for a $333 advertising charge.

I got a CE with the HX package.
  • Options
    The ad charges are "regional" and can vary, so they aren't included in our invoice number. I think there's some fine print about that on the invoice pages.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Rainy day on the last day of the year is the way to go!

Just closed
    2003 CE w/hx $21,200 OTD
    -900 trade
    1065 taxes
    -65 plates
    2500 deposit
    17800 fin at special 2.9% 48

Corp toyota wants all seinnas gone from the Lots for new 2004 order come feb 1st for 21200 otd i got everything i wanted with the HX package as a LE at 26500 sticker!
  • Options
    03honda03honda Member Posts: 96
    Does anybody think/know if the 2003 Siennas (particularly the LE or LE Symphony) will be coming down drastically in price as the release of the 2004s gets closer?
  • Options
    steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    Not here (MI).
    I tried to get a deal on the aforementioned CE w/ HX & captains, and at $21,500+TTL, got sent packing. Edmunds and cars.com both show $1500 incentive, but the dealer politely explained it was $1k or 0%... and they'd sell at their invoice, which is identical to Edmund's but has the ad charge ($320 or so) added to it.
    Voila, they were at $22,226 and I walked... but my feeling is they dealt straight. Others were reporting $2k rebates (Atlanta).
    I believe Toyota has this stuff down to a science. They do not deal in distressed merchandise.

I think the deals will get better, and by the time they're really sweet, the only thing left will be XLEs in "no-sale blue" or some similar atrocities.

-Mathias
  • Options
    The main reason I got mine at that otd price was the profit they will make from my trade which took up 90% of the negotiations.
    Also I really like the Blue. is that an unpopular color??

I have heard that all dealers have been directed to get rid of the short production run of 2003's to get ready for one of the most agressive sales intros ever for Toyota for the 2004. they have been sick of getting their lunches eaten by the Honda Od and this one will much more expensive than the 2003 and they don't want people to have the cheaper "latter model 2003 to choose.

this would make sense given the deals they are making on the 2003 this week.
  • Options
    blackrblackr Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2003 Sienna LE w/UN package (remote keyless entry, etc) and power sliding right door for $22,736 (before taxes, title, license). Y'all can tell me if I got a good deal or not. I'm in Northern Virginia...
  • Options
    pjksrpjksr Member Posts: 111
    These are great prices! A year ago, that LE was about $2000 more. And this price is about $8000 less than an Oddysey.
  • Options
    cch1cch1 Member Posts: 3
    On 12/30, we bought a "used" 2002 Sienna LE with 4500 miles on it. It has the Extra Value Pkg., 8 JBL speaker system, power sliding door, dimming rear view mirror, and bumper protector . . . for $24849 otd. Because it's a Certified Used Toyota, we also get the extended warranty.

We looked at a new LE that would have been $24462 otd, but it included no optional equiptment.
  • Options
    mayhem2003mayhem2003 Member Posts: 28
    In Canada, we have "access Toyota" pricing, which supposedly means you get the same price no matter which dealer you go to in your metro area.

95gtp: With access Toyota pricing what advantage is there knowing dealer's invoice cost?
  • Options
    acousticguitaracousticguitar Member Posts: 1
    Got a Toyota Sienna Symphony for invoice - 500 - 1000 rebate. (24500 w/o tax, lic, warranty, alarm, etc.) Longo Toyota in So Cal.
  • Options
    sulltikksulltikk Member Posts: 1
    I am actively in the hunt for a CE with HX pkg. Boston area inventory still seems OK. Did you make that BAFO, from whom, any other good dealers you ran across? Any words from the wise you can share with me? Thanks!
  • Options
    you can play all the dealer againest each other
    esp IRA vs BOCH!!!

Has anybody bought any good accessaries like the center console??
  • Options
    dunwoodygaldunwoodygal Member Posts: 3
    I am pricing the 2003 CE with the HV extra value package over the internet and got a quote for $21,600. My question is- can this be for real? Are the dealers that ready to get rid of them? Is this dealer going to spring 50 different additional fees on me? Anyone have any experience with this? I don't care about anything but getting best price. Anybody have any tips on how to negotiate this?
  • Options
    dunwoodygaldunwoodygal Member Posts: 3
    The dealer I was at yesterday wanted to charge $500 for an alarm. They said I had to have it installed by them or it would void my warranty.
    Is this a good price or should I look around? Can I go to a different authorized dealer who offers a better price??
  • Options
    beer47beer47 Member Posts: 185
    I did better ordering one from the internet. Aftermarket but very handy. I anchored it with Velco and it is working out just fine. IIRC it was $60 plus shipping compared to the outrageous Toyota price. Good Luck to all!
  • Options
    basement_troutbasement_trout Member Posts: 3
    We went to a NJ dealer the last day of the year and eventually got the 2003 LE w/symphony pkg, power sliding door for $23,350 + Lic, Tax & Reg. The car came with the rear bumper protector and a cargo net that the dealer lists as another $100 too. Does anybody know anything about the aftermarket overhead DVD systems available??
  • Options
    Congrats on the new ride. The In-vehicle DVD movie systems discussion may have some aftermarket ideas for you.

Basement_trout? Great handle :-)

Steve, Host

• Options
    joec12joec12 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought this weekend. Went through the Internet and received excellent response and service from Arlington Toyota (Chicago suburb). Got it for $500 under invoice, and then took the additional $1500 off, so that the deal was close to $2000 under invoice (not quite, since the sales tax is charged before the $1500 is subtracted out).

Dunwoodygal, make sure that price is all inclusive (includes dest. charge and advertising) and ask if it includes any assumptions about the rebate).
  • Options
    notcajunenuf4unotcajunenuf4u Member Posts: 6
    And my price was $100 under invoice (couldn't get them lower than that). Had choice of $2000 off that price or $1000 with special financing. I was better off taking the $1k with 2.9% financing.

Got a 2003 Symphony with Deluxe running boards for $24875 (with special financing).

Got the Premium warranty 6yr/100,000 for $885.
  • Options
    crv16crv16 Member Posts: 205
    The web sites seems to have old information. Does anyone have information on what rebates/dealer cash is being offered, and what financing is offered? Seems to be conflicting information out there. If one takes the low rate financing, is there a reduction in the rebate?
  • Options
    notcajunenuf4unotcajunenuf4u Member Posts: 6
    Rebates are regional. I live in Dallas, and during Toyotathon, it was $2000 rebate or $1000 with special financing. In New Orleans, it was $2500/$1500. In Houston, it was $1500/$1000. So, it will vary depending on the market.

But, you will take a hit with the rebate if you select the special financing. For me, with the amount of money I was putting down, and how much I could spend per month, it was better to do the $1000 rebate with 2.9% for 4 years.

Toyotathon is over, but I think there are still some rebates being offered. Supply is getting limited with the Siennas, as there will not be anymore 2003's made. The 2004's will be ready I believe at the end of February.