Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    We are looking to get a 06' A4 ... in order to take the advantage of lower price..

Does anyone have a good dealer in mind?

Thanks a bunch!!
  • Options
    stertosterto Member Posts: 2
    hi, i appreciate all those who are posting their pricing. can anyone offer general guidance for where 07 a4s are pricing? it's a loaded s-line with an MSRP of approx $42k. my previous two audis (a4 and allroad) purchased in NJ were a simple $1500 over invoice. i'm being told on this a4 (now in naperville, suburb of chicago) that the discount on a new s-line is only like 1% of MSRP. edmunds seems to support this. but then i browse everyone's postings here and i feel like people are making out much better than this ... thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Well a base A4Q has about a $2200 spread before options. Id find another Dealer. Your probably getting the its a new model line... But A4 aren't exactly flying off the shelves. At the Streets of Tomorrow event they were begging people to drive the A4. Id be comfortable with about $500 over on a '07 or $4500 off on a '06.

Good Luck,
    DL
  • Options
    stertosterto Member Posts: 2
    that doesn't sound that different from what i'm being offered ($41.5 on $39.0 invoice). plus i'm getting the pirelli tires swapped out for pilot sports (that's gotta be at least $500 value for tires, plus i think i'm getting an alloy spare vs 07s getting steel spares?). plus i'm getting a spare key, a4 mats, cargo mat (another $300)? but again, this is a far cry from $500 over invoice, so maybe i'm being taken ...
  • Options
    justin12justin12 Member Posts: 23
    Just got what I think is a good deal on an 07 A4. Here's the specifics:

2007 A4 Quattro 2.0T 6M
    Quartz Gray/Black
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Sport Suspension
    Cold Weather Package
    Destination Fee

MSRP: $35,435
    Invoice: $32,910
    Price Paid: $32,065

Total out the door with maintainence package and tax is $33,500.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    How much is the maintenance package now? Does it come with any included maintenance at all?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    What dealer is giving you 3400 off MSRP on a 2007 A4?

Are you sure it's not an 06? There's not 3400 mark-up in a 35k A4
  • Options
    The maintenance pkg is $550. Yep, that's the deal. Just signed the paperwork. They tried to pull it off the table but the salesperson had emailed me the terms. It's an 07. They said they lost $27 on the deal. Either way, I'm happy. Dealer was Prestige Imports in Lakewood, Colorado.
  • Options
    sox_443sox_443 Member Posts: 15
    Congrats on that deal! I can't beleive you were able to get it for about 900 below invoice? Did they make a mistake or something?
  • Options
    Honestly, I think they screwed up something in the calculations. That's why they tried to scramble and pull the deal off the table. I had it in writing via email so they couldn't back out. They honored their word which is nice.
  • Options
    macwm1macwm1 Member Posts: 10
    I've purchased or leased 3 A4's from Audi of Willow Grove (formerly of Huntingdon Valley). Two weeks ago I leased an 07 2.0T Avant for about $300 over invoice while taking advantage of the Audi lease special offer. They pull the invoice and work upwards, very good dealership.
  • Options
    fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    We just got a good deal (I thought :) on a 06' A4 3.2 Quattro, manual, Premium pkg, cold weather pkg, tech pkg and sunroof pkg.

MSRP 41085
    Invoice 37987
    paid: 35257

So, it's $2730 below invoice or $5828 below MSRP. It's a pretty good deal on an 06' especially it has free maintainess for 4 years. Well, the color is gray on black... not quite what we want, but for the price....

BTW, we got this from Dorosen imports in Philla area. They still have 2 similar 06 A4 left. One has exactly the same pkg + XM radio. The other has Sirus but w/o tech pkg. HOpe this helps...

oh, 07' A4 was quoted $2200 below MSRP but I'm sure you can bug on that too...

Happy shopping!! :shades:
  • Options
    adamsclaspsadamsclasps Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking of getting a used 1999 A4 1.8T at a local Carmax in Nashville, TN. I test drove it and it felt okay but when I tried to join the hiway traffic, it felt very sluggish with high rev noise as I tried to gain upto 60-70mph. Is this normal for this kind of car? The mileage is (Valumax) 83K. I used to drive a V6 SUV. Could this be the reason why I felt a little sluggish with the test drive? Also, the previous owner had changed the manufacturer's tape deck with a Jensen CD... I would rather have a tape deck since I can listen to my iPod. Value of the car was $10,998...

1. What are the maintenance cost like for this type of Audis?
    2. How much more mileage can I expect? I will be in Nashville only for the next two more years and then get a real job.
    3. I saw another 99 Lexu ES 300 (with 103K) going at the same price. Would you rather get an Audi or a Lexus at the same price with similar high mileage situation?

Thanks!!! :confuse:
  • Options
    kyrdelankyrdelan Member Posts: 1
    Just secured one that's on a ship. Not a bad deal

2007 A4 2.0T Quattro 6M
    - Deep Sea Blue Pearl
    - Premium Package

MSRP: $32335
    Invoice: $30023
    Edmunds TMV: $31496
    Paid: $30618

So about $600 over invoice, and $100 over dealer's "invoice" (which includes $300 ad fee and $195 port fee, which I'm not sure if it's BS or not, but since it was almost $1000 under TMV, I was happy).

Can't wait for my car to come!
  • Options
    guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Sounds Nice. The packages are odd for '07. They need to add on the Sport Suspension for $250.00 hmm

DL
  • Options
    edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Audi maintenance costs are VERY high and Audis definitely have maintenance issues. The 1.8 engine is a good engine but it is not a fast engine with the automatic. Thus your experience with high revving is probably normal. The manual seems to be a much better performer. Lexus are impregnable and 100K is nothing for a Lexus. But it still has 100k so there may some problems but probably nothing too expensive.

BTW, these are two very different cars. The Lexus has a soft, quiet ride and pretty blase handling. A4s have nice road feel and good handling but the ride can be rough on uneven pavement and the 1.8 can be noisy - as you noticed. While I may get crucified for this, a compromise might be a used Acura TL, Maxima SE or an Infinity G20 or I30. Those cars are a little more sporty than the Lexus and much, much more dependable than the Audi and you should be able to get one with slightly less miles than a similarly priced Lexus.
  • Options
    xgeekxgeek Member Posts: 2
    I live around Philadelphia. I am trying to get a deal on a 2007 A4 Avant with 2.0T engine and a manual transmission, with premium and conveniance package. But so far The deal I am being offered by two dealerships is around 500 below MSRP. Yet when I read about people paying 500 over Invoice, it just makes me wonder where to get the same deal.
    Also I am currently in tough decision between either an automatic or the manual, 2.0T vs. 3.2, and if do decide to spend extra money the maybe I should go for a BMW 328 XI stationwagon. I appreciate any inputs from someone who has any experiance with cars mentioned.
  • Options
    xgeekxgeek Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this deal? What is the dealership name? I want one too :blush:
  • Options
    drjoeddrjoed Member Posts: 26
    Very interesting experience! Went to my local Audi dealer last week with the Audi USA ad from the internet. Ad said: 24 mos lease on A4 Quattro Tiptronic with Deluxe package (sunroof and 17 inch tires) and heated seats for $379 a month with nothing down. (Due at signing 1st month pymt. plus lease inception fee of $575. This of course was without taxes and license fees but included 15K miles/ year. The local dealer told me that they "can't do that deal" and have been "negotiating" with Audi about the fact that "the numbers don't work". They ran an ad in the local Sunday paper: same car monthly payment is $416 with same terms(also does not include taxes and title which I am told add about $40-50 per month??). Should I be looking around at another dealer? or is it possible that Audi is advertising an "impossible" deal? Of course the residuals may be quite different, but this will only matter if I buy the car at the end of the lease!
  • Options
    If they have the exact car in the lease advertisement, then they should be able to do the same price. Of course, they aren't obligated to.. The part about "negotiating" with Audi is just hooey.. They are trying to make more on the deal. This isn't that unusual.

Taxes and fees will add to the monthly payment... The amount depends on the tax laws where you live and the terms of the lease.

I'd try another dealer, if that is an option for you.. If they want to make more money, fine... but, the BS reasoning would turn me off.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Kyfdxgdgftwm,

I am not sure I understand how a manufacturer can make a written published offer and then when that offer is accepted, they refuse to honor it. It sounds like the famous bait and switch. Yes, I realize that the Audi dealers are franchises but if they use the same trademark and sell the same product, I don't think that this conduct complies with consumer laws. (I don't believe there is any ad disclaimer stating that the offer is only valid where dealers accept it.)

If indeed the manufacturer and the dealer can do this, then drjoed should indeed contact Audi to find a dealer who will.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice on the forum! I did go to another dealer (only about 50 miles from me) who told me that Audi dealers are required to honor the company lease promotions. Got the car I wanted in the color I wanted for $475/mo X 24 mos with 15K miles/ year. This is $75 or so over the advertised lease price with the Premium and Convenience packages, heated front seats (I am in Michigan!), and Bluetooth The sales people claim that there is no dealer installed Sat. radio upgrade but I find this hard to believe! There is such an upgrade for the A6 and in previous years this has been available on the A4. Also, why is there a Sat button on the radio if it is not set up fpr it??
  • Options
    vizviz Member Posts: 75
    The deal on Audi website for a4 2.0 Quattro is $379/month with Acq.fee -$575 and 1st month payment of $379. It seems like the money factor is .000195.
    Does Audi always have thse kind of deals? Is it the right time to buy it (Nov/Dec) ? I have a 530i on lease and it ends in March. Trying to see the whether it makes sense to buy the car now.

Thanks,
    Viz
  • Options
    I signed my papers yesterday and picked up my A4. My understanding is that these deals "come and go". This one ends eith Dec. 2 or Dec. 4 per the ad. Money factor is actually 0.00115 which is just over 2% APR.
  • Options
    Congrats on the deal! What color?

And thanks for reporting that dealers are required to honor the company lease promotions.
  • Options
    Brilliant Red!
  • Options
    dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    My old Audi was on it's last legs so I went to the dealer and worked this deal for a 24 month lease.. Not sure how good of a deal I got but it seems fair?

2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro AT6
    MSRP 31,540
    Ibis white N/C
    Beige Int N/C
    6-Speed Auto trans Tiptronic(r)
    Audi Nav Plus 2100.00
    Convenience Package 1900.00
    Premium Package 1900.00
    Multi-Function Streering wheel 690.00
    BlueTooth 500.00
    Heated front seats 450.00
    Beige Birch wood trim 400.00
    Sport Suspension 250.00
    > Dest Charge 750.00
    Total - 40,450

500.00 from a trade in taken off the auto price, 2500.00 pays tax and Lic and 419.00 + Tax per month for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Gross Auto Price 37,488.00
    Cap Reduc cost 14,440.57
    Adj Cap Cost 36,047.43
    Residual Value 28,871.50
    Depreciation 07,175.93
    Rent Charge 02,882.47
    Total Of Base 10,058.40
    lease term 24mo
    15k Miles per year

This is my first lease, not sure how I did? 5k Service free and free car wash at dealer ;)

Thanks,

Dil
  • Options
    pommipommi Member Posts: 7
    Ordered today at Carlsen Audi, Palo Alto, CA

2007 A4 Quattro 2.0T 6M
    Bluetooth
    Quartz Gray/Black
    Convenience Package
    S-Line Sport Package
    Titanium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Destination Fee

MSRP: $38810
    Price: $36660 ($250 over invoice)
  • Options
    surfergirl82surfergirl82 Member Posts: 2
    Hey

I just totaled my car :( completely bummed and overwhelmed with buying another one. I'm looking to purchase a 2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 for $28,000 out the door. I was curious if anyone thought that was possible and any reccomendations for dealerships in california. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.
  • Options
    New or used 2006 ? New 2006's might be rare by now, and $28k sounds a bit optimistic, in my opinion. But as always, call a dealer and ask. I just bought an 2007 A4 2.0 quattro at Carlsen Audi in Palo Alto; small dealership and reasonable sales people.
  • Options
    surfergirl82surfergirl82 Member Posts: 2
    Definately used.. I saw one listed at Keyes Audi for 27,995 w/ a few thousand miles on it. I was wondering what the average amount is that you can knock off the sticker?
  • Options
    surfergirl, you can go to kbb.com, and enter the car's data, and it'll give you trade-in value, private party value, and suggested retail value for the car. With a mileage of 13k, and the car in excellent condition, no extras, $28k sounds like a good deal; $27k should be an even better deal.
  • Options
    Sounds like a very good deal! Anyway you look at it you got $3K off the price for a loaded car. Obviously the dealer can give you more off with all the options since their profit margin is higher. The lease on the base car with heated seats and sunroof package is $379 so you are paying $40 a month for a lot of options! I have a good friend who has a lot of connections at Audi (he used to drive for the Porche racing team) and is a big Audi fan. He says that the "markup" on Audi cars is several percent less that BMW and/or Mercedes so you will never get as big a discount as you will from those guys. Anyway, having just leased a similar car I think you got a great deal!
  • Options
    undecided21undecided21 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have A4 prices in Canada?

I am looking into a deal below and not sure if I should go for it:

2007 A4 2.0T Quattro
    Convenience package
    S-Line package
    bluetooth

$46,500
    3K due on delivery
    45 month lease
    $700 monthly including taxes

Any other better prices out there?
  • Options
    afingretafingret Member Posts: 1
    This sounds like a good price to me - I purchased a similarly equipped A4 yesterday in Toronto. I got all of the above packages, plus the winter package. Total came to 47,500, 2100 on delivery, 36 month lease, $750/month all in. AND, I know the owner of the dealership personally. This is the friends and family price (supposedly), but after seeing your price I'm not so sure.

I get it this coming Tuesday. In white. Nice.
  • Options
    undecided21undecided21 Member Posts: 3
    cool, thanks Afingret.

I think that we have the same price. If you were to factor in the difference in the $$ for due on delivery, your monthly works out to the same as mine.

So... don't feel so bad. Other dealership in TO were only willing to give 2.5% max in discount.
  • Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    Just found it on the web. Looks like BMW with a few differences, for worse: lower discount (3% A3 and 5% others) and FULL Euro VAT payment that is reimbursable. Says something about full payment, so there may be some trouble with loan or lease.

My guess is if they want it to work, they will have to improve on it, if not it will die over couple of years.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    mkatzelmkatzel Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like you got a great deal at 250 over invoice. I am looking for similar options, and just received internet quotes that are about 1,000 over invoice. This beats Edmunds.com TMV pricing by about $500, but given the end-of-month-quarter-year car buying trifecta right now, I was hoping to get closer to invoice. Maybe that's the next negotiating step at the dealership. Any Thoughts -- how did you do it?
  • Options
    mkatzel,
    first step was to get some contact information by requesting getting an internet quota from several dealers. I then sent them a separate email, explaining that I'm looking for a particular car with the specific equipment, and I said "The MSRP is $x, how much below MSRP would you offer me a car"? Most of them offered $500 over invoice, just one $250 over invoice.
  • Options
    blueboatblueboat Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I received what appears to be very good pricing on an A4 CVT. I didn’t have to negotiate so I feel there must be more on the table. Any suggestions?
    I’m currently waiting for quotes from other dealers so I don’t have any comparisons yet
    I also see Audi has a great lease program, is this lease better than buying the car out right with a 5.5% loan? I typically keep a car for 6-10 years plus or 150k miles.
    No trade
    Thanks for the advice

Here’s the deal

Location;Arizona

MSRP/INVOICE
    Base $29,440/$27,215
    WPX Premium Package $800/$728
    Metallic/Pearl Paint $475/$432
    Destination $720/$720
    Total
    MSRP/Invoice/TMV=$31,435/$29,095/$31,009

Dealer quoted $29,500 ($405 over invoice)
    OTD $32,783

Last thing; is it worth paying more and getting the Quattro?

Thanks
  • Options
    dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Audi reliability had gone up in the last few years but, and I mean but, most people on this board will agree that owning an Audi past the factory warranty period can be VERY expensive. You really might want to consider the lease. East Coast dealers charge $140 per hour for labor (At least around Boston). My experience has been at after 50K these cars tend to quickly need repair. If you get a good one, it's not so bad but if you are not so lucky, you can end up being one of the family at your local dealer. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Audi and will proably always have one in the driveway (Our other car is a Honda and has never been to the shop). Just wanted to pass on my experience. You will love driving the car for the first 4-5 years but if you want to keep it for 6-10, really consider an easier and cheaper car to maintain.
  • Options
    blueboatblueboat Member Posts: 2
    Hi dolsey01,

I appreciate your response, its well taken, thank you.
  • Options
    darkfudge07darkfudge07 Member Posts: 18
    Folks, I ,m not sure if I got ripped off on an A4 Quatro lease.

the 24 month lease was for a 2.0 Quatro 4 cyl w/ premium package ( leather seats, 17" wheels, moonroof, ect )
    Auto transmission
    White color

Here is what I paid:

Gross Cap Cost: 31,591.93

Adjusted Cap Cost: same as above

Residual value 24,133

Dep and Amortized Amounts: 7,458

Rent Charge: 1,538

Total of base monthly payments: 8,996

Lease: 24 mos

Base monthy payment: 374 ( nj sales tax incl )

Total monthly payments: 374

Amount due at signing: 1,255

Total Payments: 10,227

allowed mileage: 30,000 miles

What do you think?....The sales rep was supposed to be a relative of my good friend. How bad did I take it in the pooper?
  • Options
    It looks good to me..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I agree! Sounds like a good deal to me. In Nov. I leased my car and the big deal from Audi was for the base car with auto tranny, heated seats, Moonroof package and was for $379 per month plus taxes. (24 mos/ 300k miles) That was an incredibly low money factor in the deal! Sounds like you go in for $379 with taxes included and that is good!
  • Options
    Ripped off? No way. I think its a very good deal. For the same car, my lease in NE ohio would have been $379+taxes. I have a metallic paint, conv package and same configuration as yours but pay $470 for 18k miles per year.
    Enjoy your car and happy holidays!!!
    Viz
  • Options
    sony2588sony2588 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys,

I'm signing a lease on a 2007 A4 2.0t quattro slver on gray interior with leather sunroof and 17 inch rims for 386 for 24 months with 1800 down ? Is that a good Deal
  • Options
    If its with taxes, then its good deal but I would question 1800 down.
  • Options
    sony2588sony2588 Member Posts: 2
    That includes the taxes and everything!!!
  • Options
    newt250newt250 Member Posts: 8
    All,

My 2003 A4 1.8T is coming of lease in February. I have gone significantly over mileage (60k Total) and am facing a penalty of $3k on turn in. I have a buy it price of 14,900. According to my searches online, the value of the car is higher than the buy price. Would I do better to buy it and sell it to another dealer/3rd party? According to my calculations, I think so, but I wanted to get others opinions. Thanks in advance.

Newt