Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    You can read the messages here to see what people are getting. Seems like many are getting below invoice. It depends on what is on a lot and the area has a lot to do with it. Here in western WA, I haven't read too many outstanding deals like I hear about in So. Cal. and other areas.

Personally, now that the center light is at the top of the trunk, I'm not fond of the spoiler. However, you can make a deal on the car and see what they'll charge you for the wing. You'll have more negotiating room if it is already installed on the car.
  • Options
    The 07 Accord will look like the 06. People posted awhile ago that this was probably what an Acura would look like since the Honda name is different in other countries.

The big change for the Accord will come in 08.
  • Options
    kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    No cosmetic changes at all? Do you know if they'll be adding electronic stability control to the 4-cylinder models?
  • Options
    If there are any changes, they will be minor. I haven't heard nor have I read anything here about features.
  • Options
    ...safety! I've recently become very interested in vehicle safety. As some other readers have pointed out, although saving fuel is an important consideration when purchasing a new vehicle, nothing is more important than protecting the lives of your family.

Here's an overview video of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: http://www.iihs.org/ratings/vrc/default.html

It's definitely worth watching. Not only is it very informative, I believe that after watching it you'll have a better appreciation for the work that the IIHS is doing to help improve vehicle safety.

Kelly
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    What dealer? That is a great price.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    The 2007's are NOT out. Although not stated, kcrossley was probably offered that pricing for when they arrive sometime in September.
  • Options
    That's the 2007 Japanese domestic market Accord on the Japanese website to which you linked your message. It's also the European Accord. But it's a very different vehicle than the U.S. Accord.

In the United States it's sold as the Acura TSX. You can see it here: link title

When there, click on LAUNCH WEBSITE, then on TSX.
  • Options
    I never priced an LX Special Edition. What are you talking about?
  • Options
    kcrossley,

My error. In my post 12300, in response to your post 12292, I should have written "The 2007's are NOT out. Although not stated, tsanyer (not kcrossley) was probably offered that pricing for when they arrive sometime in September.
  • Options
    ksk1ksk1 Member Posts: 7
    Yes, the 2007 Accord arrived the dealer site (Metro Honda, Jersey City, NJ - 07306). Avaliable for test ride too. There are no real changes compared to 2006 model
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Stability control is a good thing but a lot of us have driven a lot of cars a lot of years without a need for it.

For most people who drive according to conditions, they will never need it.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    For most people who drive according to conditions, they will never need it.

The problem is that it's like airbags...many people drove for years not "needing" them. I chewed my 96 Accord up on a guardrail because of an unavoidable fishtail (I got run off the road and lost control...I was going the posted limit of 45MPH). Stability control likely would've helped correct my situation and avoided the spin (270 degrees around!)
  • Options
    trishlynntrishlynn Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted everybody to know that I just drove home my new
    EXV6 auto w/o nav for $24,500 plus tax and tag only. NO FEES!! I drove all the way to Miami to purchase bec they were the only ones to have black left. when I got there it had $4000 worth of add ons: wheel locks, rear fin, mud flaps, pin striping, fog lights, trunk mat sticker price was up to $32,391 I thought i was going to die, but I brought along my other written prices and they gave it to me loaded for $24,500, and gave me $1000 for my 92 mazda 929 with broken drive shaft.

If you remain firm and stick to your guns you can get it for what you want. Nobody should be paying over $24,000. Anybody in the S FL area looking to purchase, I highly recommend BEACH HONDA. Best sales people out of the 4 dealerships that I went to. No haggling and it was pretty fast.

Thanks to everyone and good luck!!!
  • Options
    trishlynntrishlynn Member Posts: 6
    If this is for the 4 cylinder you should pay $24,250 or less if its for the V6 then add $2,000. Definately stick to $24000 plus tax and tag only no fees. It's the end of the month and they need to move cars. You'll get.
    good luck.
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess it's like rolling the dice. I've been driving since 1979 and I've never been involved in a situation where I would have needed ESC. However, perhaps my time is due. You never know.
  • Options
    tsanyertsanyer Member Posts: 3
    2007's are out. I saw one 2007 SE at Grand Honda yesterday.
  • Options
    And what's different? ESC on the 4's yet?
  • Options
    car_crazy1car_crazy1 Member Posts: 43
    I purchased a new car Honda Accord EXL in Jan 2006(at full price without the current discounts ! ).... car has been rearended this evening but is still driveable as its majorly the rear bumper damage and nothing else. i am sure the other guy's insurance party will get the car fixed.

Does anyone know how to take care of the indirect depreciation caused by this accident because i will now have an entry in carfax though i am not at fault ? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks
  • Options
    I feel for you. I've been there.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it.

The odometer on my 2001 Saturn failed at 56,000 miles and had to be replaced. Although that wasn't my fault either my car had a permanent record of the problem and it effectively killed my resale value. I ultimately ended up selling the car at about 60% of Kelley Blue Book. Good luck.
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Georgia is the only (?) state that protects consumers in these situations and mandates insurance comp. consider diminished value in settlements. Other states may have become liberal in these matters since I last researched thus issue. You would think that if Ga, the reddest state would do this, other states might become more pro-consumer.
  • Options
    drobideadrobidea Member Posts: 2
    Boch Honda in Norwood Mass. ( South of Boston). Their website is BochHonda.com. Check out their specials under the New Car Showroom link.
  • Options
    sbabasbaba Member Posts: 1
    Im about to buy an ex-l for 21,600 best offer I could get. this offer was from another dealer a bit away from may, so I was able to get it matched from the dealer that I like and is closer. :D
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I have been shopping for a Honda Accord in the San Antonio area and these are the best prices I have received thus far (LX $19,109.00) and (VP $17,509.00) both are 4 cylinder with automatic. Would appreciate any feedback on these prices, especially from anyone who has recently bought one in the San Antonio, Austin or even Houston area as I've heard good things about Reliance Honda.
  • Options
    Without Nav, correct?
  • Options
    accordkateaccordkate Member Posts: 5
    Finally pulled the trigger yesterday. Had a good experience after all was said and done at Bellevue Honda. Purchased a sedan, added on a rear wing spoiler for total of 25K. (+ tax and License) Their "doc fee" was $35, so did not make a fuss as I felt they gave me a good deal on a vehicle that I was having a hard time finding. It already had what seems to be standard add-ons of mudflaps, and wheelwell / door protective trim. Had them pull the trunk tray. Love the car, and the help I got from this site and Edmunds.com ;)
  • Options
    As I was researching for my purchase, contacted Dick Hannah Honda in Vancouver, WA. They were giving me a price 1250 under invoice of 23553 on an Accord EX-L with Navi. Also have a "customers for life program" that includes many things - most valuable was the "free tires" for as long as you own the car! I was not excited about having to go that far from my home base, but wanted to post it for others who may be closer and can check it out for themselves... almost too good to be true, even with the 750 marketing support. They were able to give me a VIN too.
  • Options
    This sounds like a great deal. Did the $23,553 price include destination? What dealer installed accesories (mud flaps, wheel locks, etc.) were included in that price?
  • Options
    Yes it included destination - in fact they had given me all this in writing via email... no accessories were mentioned as being added on, so that would be a question to ask. I was just dealing with basics at that point.
  • Options
    So when you picked it up you weren't surprised with any other dealer installed accessories? Were any thrown in with the deal? The reason I ask is that I have a similar offer from a local dealer, but they have already added mud flaps, wheel locks, and pin striping, which adds $431 to the price.

Quite frankly, I don't mind the mud flaps or wheel locks, but I can't see spending $210 for pin striping that I don't want or need.
  • Options
    Go back to my initial message from today - I bought up in my local area rather than go down to Vancouver, but wanted to post this for others in that area to be aware of... the vehicle was coming out of its wrappings yesterday but was on the lot - perhaps they could NOT do accessories if requested, but I dont know.
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    VSC has been shown to greatly reduce accidents - black ice, sand, etc. are not always easy for drivers to judge - the only reason I am considering a camry is VSC - why honda does not have it yet on lower trims is a mystery to me.
  • Options
    bugs22bugs22 Member Posts: 10
    I just picked up my Accord EX-L from Bellevue Honda. One week earlier they weren't really even considering my offer of $22,000. After contacting nearly every other dealer in the state, I got a written offer of 22,500 from a Seattle dealer and went back to Bellevue because they had the colors I wanted. The Seattle car was without accessories and I told them I was going to buy the Seattle car if this didn't work out. I got my car from Bellevue with the dealer installed mud flaps, wheel locks, and trim for 22,400. The point being, once you get valid offer, you might be able to get accessories already installed elsewhere for no extra cost based on your quote.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm trying, but so far they've been unwillingly to remove those items. They said they would consider it if I came into the dealership. Rather than waste my time and theirs I've asked for everything in writing prior to visiting the dealership. It looks like I may just have to stop by when I get some free time.
  • Options
    bugs22bugs22 Member Posts: 10
    Just to get a quote I had to make it clear I would show up in person that day to pick up the car. It helped my resolve having another vehicle in another dealership to fall back on. When you're there in person the salesman and manager keep throwing different options & accessory combinations at you with different prices. Just remember your limits you decided on before you went in....and block off a half a day so that you don't hurry yourself.
  • Options
    Good advice. Thank you.
  • Options
    bestdeal42bestdeal42 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you to everyone for sharing your buying and leasing experiences it really helped me with my deal.

Here is how it went down in a Honda dealership in Northern California yesterday.

Paid $500 down which included

1st months payment $240.46
    intial registration fee: $48.71
    DMV Electronic Fee: $185.75
    Capitalized cost reduction +tax= $23.17+tax (just to make it a round number)

Negotiated Selling Price: $18000
    Security Deposit: 0
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Added the alarm upgrade: $250

Gross Capitalized cost: $18845 - 23.17= $18821.83
    Residual Value: $12269.25

Money Factor: 0.00129

Monthly payment: 222.13+tax=$240.46

Good luck with your deal.

Sean
  • Options
    Why wouldn't you want those accessories?

Most people do and that is one of the reasons we pre-install them.
  • Options
    Please re-read my post. I said I didn't mind some of the accessories that were included, I just didn't want the pinstripes.

What I rather have is:
    Fog lights
    Nose Mask
    Day/Night Mirror

I would almost prefer that the dealer offer a mandatory options package and let the buyer decide what he or she wants. Of course, it would probably be difficult to sell that to somebody that doesn't want anything.

Perhaps I just don't understand the purpose of fender well and door trim. If you could enlighten me perhaps I'd change my mind.
  • Options
    akamicakamic Member Posts: 8
    I was also in that same situation... living in the North East, I wanted the VSC without the V6. Since I had great luck with my then current car (97 Camry), I decided to take a look at the 2007s. Unfortunately, VSC is not standard on the Camry either; it is an option. An option that, according the stickers that I saw, was available only on the XLEs. I ended up going with the 2006 Accord EX-L and will probably trade it for a 2009 (which hopefully will have VSC).
  • Options
    Congratulations on your Accord!

That's pretty much what I'm going to do as well. I really wanted the hybrid, but I just couldn't justify the additional cost. So, one thing I am trying to do is purchase an EX-L 4-cyclinder with PZEV. These seem to be a little harder to find on the east coast.
  • Options
    foreignguyforeignguy Member Posts: 6
    On July 29 I purchased a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L auto (no navi) 4dr sedan at Wilde Honda in Milwaukee for a total of $21,597 including destination and their $89.00 service fee. TTL was extra. Transaction was done over the phone with the internet manager the day before and it only took an hour at the dealership to complete the paperwork. An easy transaction.
  • Options
    I've had my Accord now for one month, and I could not be happier. For me, the four cylinder offers plenty of power. The leather seats could be more comfortable in the lumbar area though (I know I am in the minority on this one!). I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing the EX-L. Not sure what PZEV is though... something to do with lower emmissions?
  • Options
    That sounds like a great deal... congratulations!
  • Options
    Oops! Sorry. PZEV stands for Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle. Here's a more detailed explanation of what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle
  • Options
    I don't blame you on the pinstripes. They do nothing except look tacky.

I would forget the nose mask. They trap water and dirt that will abrade the paint underneath.
  • Options
    I didn't know that about the nose guard. Thanks for the tip. Here's something else I was considering instead of the nose guard: http://www.invisiblemask.com/gallery.html
  • Options
    As long as that stuff is applied properly it can be a good thing...I guess.

I've seen that stuff yellow with age and get bubbles.
  • Options
    Well then what can you use to protect the surface of the car? I heard the Accord paint is really prone to rock chips.