Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    amygdalaamygdala Member Posts: 6
    2006 accord se automatic, 18000 miles,honda certified,no add ons except remote start, dealer asking 15, 600, please help me out, this is my first time buying an accord
  • Options
    meg01meg01 Member Posts: 1
    Offer made by dealer for $24,800 - Out the door $27,000.
    Can I do any better? What accessories/extras can I get?

Are most people getting the Honda Care warranty online? Looks like prices on warranty just went up in April.
    Thanks. Great forum!!
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Doesn't look too bad but I'd recommend getting the carfax report on it and then having an independent mechanic look at it to make sure there are no problems with it.
  • Options
    amygdalaamygdala Member Posts: 6
    thanks alamo, car fax report is clean, single owner, drive is ok, acceleration isnt that smooth,it is certified and does have warranty till 2013 or 100k miles. what are the most common problems we got to look into, if we have any problem with transmission-whats the best way to know it, please let me know, thanks for your help
  • Options
    aznewcar1aznewcar1 Member Posts: 7
    A local dealer has a NEW 08 Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 w/Nav in the color combination I am interested in. What would be a good price for this car since it is a 2008?
  • Options
    ldanldan Member Posts: 12
    Matx08. Where did you get that deal? Accord EX-L 4cyl 4 door sedan for $23,300 OTD. you mentioned earlier you got it in Dallas, Tx.

Thanks
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I'd suggest looking at the Accord section here on Edmund's for any complaints and or problems on the 06 model as well as taking it to a mechanic and having them do an inspection on the vehicle, cities often time have shops that specialize doing that for you for no more than $100.00, money well spent for piece of mind.
  • Options
    luvmesomehondaluvmesomehonda Member Posts: 4
    I'm on the hunt for a 2009 Accord Coupe, EX-L with V6 and six speed manual transmission. First off, I can say that there are not a lot of them out there. And I've had a wide spectrum of Out The Door pricing. The best price I've got so far is $27500 OTD. This specific vehicle included the "Pro Pack" which is basically mud flaps, wheel locks and a trunk tray.

A popular low price is $25900 + TTL. I think this is basically invoice less the $1000 incentive.

Should I wait? I have a great 2001 Civic EX with no problems. I could potentially run this car for 3+ more years without a lot of issues. It's been a dream.
  • Options
    matx08matx08 Member Posts: 14
    Bankston Honda
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    That's a tough call. Is it a 'demo' (does it have any miles on it)?

A 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe with Navigation has a Dealer Retail Value of $27,279 ('Outstanding' Condition and '0' miles). The Edmunds TMV price for a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe with Navigation is $28,210 (MSRP is $31,825). The

I'd shoot for $27,000 (start at $26,500 even). I wouldn't pay much over $27k because you could get an '09 for $28,210. Even though the car is NEW, it is one model year older and that will have an impact on resale value. It's not a huge issue, because Accords depreciate so little.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    igozoomzoom,

Thanks...it is not a demo; I don't recall the exact mileage, but consider it a new car. It is out on the lot amongst all the new '09's. The salesman I have been talking to called and told me his manager would sell it for $27K before taxes, license, etc..
  • Options
    Honda's Certified Used Warranty extends the powertrain coverage to 7-yrs/100,000-miles. It also covers the entire vehicle for 1-yr/12k miles or, if the new car warranty hasn't expired, it extends it to 4-yrs/48k miles. That should help you feel more confident in your purchase.

Edmunds TMV for a 2006 Honda Accord SE 4-door with automatic shows Dealer Retail at $15,142 and Certified Pre-Owned at $16,091. So $15,600 seems like a fair price. I checked Consumer Reports for any problem areas and the '06/'07 are shown as trouble-free!

FYI- your Zip Code and the color of the car may alter the TMV Value slightly. I used my Zip (Atlanta area) and Silver as the color to get the above figures.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    $27k sounds like a good deal. Just be certain that $27k includes EVERYTHING other than sales tax and tag/title/registration fees. Don't let them add anything else to it.

Just curious- what color is it?
  • Options
    Only YOU can decide whether to buy now or hold off. ;)

For those who want/need a new car, it definitely is a "buyer's market". Dealers are more willing than ever to make deals. If you find exactly what you want (trim level/transmission/color combo), you may want to go for it. As economic conditions (and consumer confidence) improve, prices will likely start creeping back up.

If you do decide to buy a new one, I'd suggest that you hang on to your '01 Civic if possible. It sounds like you are very fond of it (the word "dream" clued me in). Trade-in for an '01 Civic EX Coupe in average condition and 85k miles is about $4600 (at most). I've made the mistake of trading in a well-loved car and regretting it down the road. :)
  • Options
    The color is polished metal metallic with ivory interior.
  • Options
    nineballernineballer Member Posts: 1
    Did you buy an 08' or a DEMO.
  • Options
    whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    Talk about hard-to-find that shouldn't be: A couple of months ago I asked my local Honda dealer to locate a base 4cyl coupe in any color. Sounds like a great combination to me, but I wanted to test-drive first. He came up with ZERO. Has to be ordered.
  • Options
    jayc5627jayc5627 Member Posts: 9
    i bought mine 2009 accord ex-l v6 with navi 2 weeks ago for $26000 plus tax and fees... OTD to be around 28500 i think
  • Options
    Auto or Manual? Where (dealer/city) did you buy it?
  • Options
    whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    Base 4cyl coupe with manual transmission, that is.
  • Options
    ldanldan Member Posts: 12
    Matx08. I went to Bankston Honda today. They did not honor your pricing at all. The OTD with only the Protection package they gave was way over invoice. Not even worth going back there. They said they can pull you up if they have your name, but I didn't think they will honor that either.
    Thank you for sharing anyway, Glad you got the deal you posted. It is really good deal.
  • Options
    matx08matx08 Member Posts: 14
    Idan,

Sorry to hear that. You may want to go at the end of the month. Maybe they are more flexible at that time.
    I forgot to mention that I had a trade in so ended up saving about $600 on sales tax. Before ttl, the sales price was $22.3k (2009 Accord EX-L sedan 4cyl). Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jalilijalili Member Posts: 16
    if you are going to post a price, it is important to note that you had a trade-in, and actually go so far as to say what you traded in and for what.

One of the key ways dealers make money is to get cars (trade-ins) at really low prices. They may give you a really good deal on the car to get you to buy it, but with one hand giveth, the other taketh; they will nail you on your trade-in's value.

This isn't a rant, but just letting some of you know that some of these prices here are too good to be true if it were just a straight purchase.
  • Options
    azkalhanazkalhan Member Posts: 7
    Slightly off topic, but I have been getting prices on the Accord EXL sedan, and was curious if anyone knew what % the factory window tint is. I assume that all cars come with some level of tint since it is not clear glass. I only want a mild tint on the windows of my new car so I am trying to decide whether it is even worth paying the $250 to get it done.

Thanks.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I am not aware that there is factory tint. The only tint I am aware of is the after-market tint that the dealer can put on or you can take it some place and get it done. You choose the % tint that you want.
  • Options
    Is $26,247 + TTL a good price for a new '09 Accord Coupe EX-L, V-6, Auto without NAV? This is the price without factoring in a trade, financing, etc.

Also, is the Honda Care extended warranty recommended and if so, what is a good price to pay?
  • Options
    $26,247 + TTL seems slightly high to me, but not too bad. I'm in the market for the EX-L, V6 coupe with manual transmission, and the best "Out The Door" price so far is $27,300. I found the color I want for $27540 OTD.

As I understand, there is a current promotion where Honda discounts Accords by $1000. I can't validate this, but I've heard from some salesman that they get a $150 or $200 bonus for selling Accords right now. The lots are overflowing with Accords, so they're pushing them. Use this to your advantage!

A popular number I heard from many dealers is $25900 + TTL. Since the Automatic Transmission are easier to come by than the manual transmission in V6, I think you can get out the door in the $27,000 - $27,500 range :shades: .
  • Options
    wc_pacificawc_pacifica Member Posts: 7
    I have had my Accord Sedan EX-L V6 no Nav. for 7 days....I paid $23,283.40 before TTL.

I think you can do better than $26,247, but I am in Ohio so it may be different here.
  • Options
    carlover527carlover527 Member Posts: 1
    jayc5627,

I'm also interested in purchasing a 09 4-dr accord ex-l v6 with navi and I was wondering if you could tell me what dealer you purchased your vehicle from for 26k.

Also, did you have a trade in? Or was this a straight cash deal?

I was thinking of asking to pay 26.5 - 27k, but thats based off of what carsdirect is offering (27500) for the vehicle.
  • Options
    albinh11albinh11 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 09 4-dr Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi + mud guards, wheel locks, and door guards for $26,900 +TTL
  • Options
    falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    I am also shopping for a V6 Coupe 6spd Manual and used the American Express web site (http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000002) to find a good price.

Entering my zip code, 01609, I received two quotes the first dealer is 46.3 miles from my house at $25,899 and the second is 59.2 miles at $25,799.

I think you should be able to do a lot better than $27,000.
  • Options
    Since my original post I've been quoted $25,400 +TTL (this includes window tint, wheel locks, splash guards, door guards, cargo items and nitrogen tires). Good price???
  • Options
    That's $27,540 "Out The Door", which includes TT&L... Is the AMEX site showing you $25899 out the door? or is that $25899 + TTL?

I believe the quoted invoice price I got was $25,200.
  • Options
    falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    I believe the price is $25,899 + TT&L.

Check out the site for prices in your area.
  • Options
    auto
  • Options
    no trade in, finance with 2.9% KAy honda on rt. 36
  • Options
    lance_llance_l Member Posts: 6
    I'm living in Dallas, Texas and I was just wondering what is a reasonable price for an 09 Honda EX-L Automatic 4 cylinder being sold in the area?
  • Options
    agraceragracer Member Posts: 5
    Just got a quote for a 2009 Accord Sdn EX-L 4cyl for $23,006+dest+TTL

Don't know what fees, etc. they might try to tack on but that seems like a good price (below invoice from what I can see).
  • Options
    $23,006 is the OTD price or just the car alone (no destination, TTL)?

Also which dealer gave you that quote?
  • Options
    I ended up buying the 2009 EX-L V-6 Auto Coupe with the extras I noted earlier along with the first three oil services thrown in. Two dealers called me back after I purchased it saying they could have beat it by $500, but they're the same two dealers that were not especially aggressive with their initial quotes so they may just be trying to make me feel bad after the fact. Anyway, I paid $25,400 + TTL (this is a straight price without a trade and a cash purchase although my dealer would have done it at this price if I'd financed the deal). Hope this helps those of you out shopping. I've had a great time driving it the past two days!
  • Options
    $23,006 was the price including destination. Add TTL and any Options The price was thru Costco at Sterling McCall

I just picked one up (EX-L 4cyl - blk/ivory) for $23,650 with trunk trey, wheel locks, wood dash trim, tinted windows, and some other dealer stuff (windshield protection and paint/interior protection) with vin-dots (or something).

I don't have the papers in front of me. I'll update the OOD price later.

I took the e-mail from Sterling McCall and went to John Eagle in Houston because they had the color I wanted.
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    2009 Accord EX-L sedan
    Manual transmission
    Navigation

We paid $25,700 for the car before tag and title but that price includes over $1000 worth of accessories (wing spoiler, fog lights, body-side molding, splash guards, cargo net). Overall we are very happy with the deal and the dealership we got it from.

Before we bought here we had a bad experience with another area Honda dealer. FWIW, if you are in the Atlanta area, Hennessy was great. Everything was as they said, they worked hard to get this car from another dealer as well. DO NOT go to Honda Carland. They had days to get their act together then stumbled around when we actually went in to get the car.
  • Options
    McDavid Honda Irving quoted me several hours ago

"2009 Honda Accord EX-L AT

MSRP:$26,405
    Invoice: $24,088Our "No Haggle, No Hassle" Internet Price: $22,089*
    (Valid through 4/20/2009)

*Price excludes destination, dealer options, tax, title and license fees. Subject to availability. Some restrictions apply. See dealer for details."

Is this Internet Price reliable? Seems too good to be true because it sure beats every other dealer that I went to
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    Destination is $670, after the dealer adds on their document fee (aka Dealer Fee, Customer Service Fee, etc) that will take you up to $23,000. Most dealers (at least in Atlanta) have a dealer fee of $400-600. $1000 off of invoice is pretty accurate considering Honda has $1000 dealer cash on the Accord right now.
  • Options
    gabby22gabby22 Member Posts: 1
    Today I was quoted a price of $24,995 for a 2009 4 door sedan 4 cyl. EXL with Nav. Is this good?? They didn't mention taxes, title, etc., so I don't know if this is the "out the door" price. This is in the Chattanooga, Tenn. area. I don't know the invoice price for the 2009 model. Does anyone?
  • Options
    "if you are going to post a price, it is important to note that you had a trade-in, and actually go so far as to say what you traded in and for what.

One of the key ways dealers make money is to get cars (trade-ins) at really low prices. They may give you a really good deal on the car to get you to buy it, but with one hand giveth, the other taketh; they will nail you on your trade-in's value.

This isn't a rant, but just letting some of you know that some of these prices here are too good to be true if it were just a straight purchase."

That's a great point! Dealers can make the new car price look great on paper. A lot of buyers would think they're getting a great deal if the sales contract shows the new car at/below invoice price. But they don't realize that their trade-in was worth $9000 but they only got $7000 for it! The only way to determine if you're getting a good deal is by looking at the entire transaction- new car price and trade-in.

I'm one of those customers that car dealers HATE! Before going to the dealership, I look up the Edmunds, KBB and NADA trade-in value for the car I'm trading. I also look up the Edmunds TMV, KBB and CarsDirect prices for the exact model and options I want to buy. I print all of these out and take them with me to the dealer...but I don't pull them out until I've negotiated the price I want on the new one AND I've let them appraise my trade-in.

I can usually get them down to a fair price on the new car (close to Edmunds TMV or lower), but they offer anywhere from $1000 to $4000 less for my trade than it's worth. Once they have the selling price of the new car and the trade allowance showing on the dreaded 4-square worksheet, I pull out my ammo! First, I'll show them what Edmunds says my trade-in is worth. Their response is that they use Blue Book Trade-In Values. NO PROBLEM, I've got that as well. Want to see the NADA value, too?

At that point, the Sales Manager shows up. I tell him that I won't be trading unless they give me KBB trade-in value. At that point, I usually win and they give me fair trade-in value. If they won't (this is where it gets really fun), I grab a pen and mark thru the trade-in part of the worksheet. I tell them that I won't be trading in my car but I'll buy the new car for the price we've already agreed to! I've gotten several good deals this way, but I've also been yelled at and even told "go somewhere else" using this tactic.

If they don't hate me at that point, they usually do when I get to the Finance Manager and tell him I've already arranged outside financing! :surprise:
  • Options
    Update on Price

Trade in was '94 Accord EX-L w/ 160,000 miles = $1250 (edmuds said it was worth $850 - it was "rough"...bad ABS Modulator ($800), needed tires, rust damage rear quarte panel, small tear in drivers seat - even doing the work myself I'd have spend a grand easy just fixing the ABS and new tires).

'09 EX-L 4cyl w/ trunk tray, wheel locks, window tint, mud guards, wood dash trim, 3-oil changes 1st year)

Car $23,650
    TTL= $1646.31 (includind State inspection and $50 doc fee).
    Trade ($1250)

OOD = $24,046

John Eagle in Houston
  • Options
    Lance,

Go there and just look. Don't talk to any sales men. They will likley have a separate sticker on the windshield with some options. This is what they did where I got mine.

They had the "pro pack" which was trunk tray, mud guards, wheel locks, also tinted windows, paint/fabric protect, diamond windshield protection (NOTE: Wax your windshield and the water will blow off like magic - seriously).

Anyway, they added $1,700 for all that and then tried the "it costs us this much" for that stuff...but I really didn't care b/c I didn't ask for all that. Most dealers will add stuff on as soon as they get the car. It helps them with negotiations and margin.

So just know going in what your up against with that internet price and what you'll have to fight through in regards to 'options'.
  • Options
    mhuynhmhuynh Member Posts: 2
    I visited John Eagle over Easter just to look at the cars without any sales people around. I plan on purchasing the 09 Accord EX-L w/o navi within the next month. Any suggestions as to what I should bring in (research, quotes for my trade in, etc...) so I can haggle with them?

You got a great deal and I hope to achieve the same. It would be nice to get the extras like you did as well (trunk tray, wheel locks, window tint, mud guards, etc.)

I have a 98 LX Accord to trade in.

KBB says $1500 trade in
    Edmunds says $1174 trade in

This is my first "real" car purchase so I'm not really sure what to expect. Any advice would be appreciated!
  • Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Advice on your first "real" car purchase. Sell your 98 Accord yourself - you'll get more for it. Don't go for any of the extras with your new Accord purchase - they're big profit markup items for dealer. Go for the lowest price you can negotiate on the car itself and when you get to a point you think it's as low as it will go, payments and interest rates included, then state you'll do the deal if they'll add the few extras you want. Remember, get everything negotiated up front before adding the goodies, or they'll go at you again in the finance office. And when in the finance office signing the paperwork, say NO to everything they want you to add and double check all the figures so the bottom-line numbers/payments are the same as you agreed to earlier. Good luck to you! :shades: