Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jerseygolferjerseygolfer Member Posts: 7
    I would expect the 2012 model to be identical in sticker price, maybe $100-$300 higher. This is a total guess.

But, whatever the 2012 price might be, I would think that there is no way that the negotiated price for 2012 can be worse than what we are currently seeing for 2011 models. Again, this is a total guess.

If you do not HAVE to buy the car now, why not wait 2-3 months to buy next year's model. Better for resale value for sure, and probably better negotiated price with dealer.
  • Options
    jlim0930jlim0930 Member Posts: 19
    thats very close to what i wanted to pay.. do you mind sending me information on which dealer and who you've worked with ?

Thanks
  • Options
    kyenedkyened Member Posts: 4
    Gillman Honda of 10595 W. Sam Houston Pkwy S Houston, TX 77099. We worked with "MOON". Ask for him, He is really nice. :)
  • Options
    hqly2001hqly2001 Member Posts: 92
    I'm looking to purchase an EX-L and would like to know the TTL for CA (Contra Costa County)
    Tax is 8.75%
    T&L = How much is this normally?
    Tire deposit -$9?
    Doc Fees?
    Destination $810

I'm assuming the destiantion fee isn't part of the MSRP?

Can someone confirm that the EX-L has leather seats? The description states leather seats but is showing up as leather trim and stering wheels.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    That's what the 'L' in EX-L stands for.... leather..

Almost every car manufacturer uses the term "trim", because some (most?) of the non-seating areas use matching vinyl... So, the part of the front seat facing the back seats is probably not leather....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    So our van finally came in last night - we have been waiting for weeks and weeks. They are ready to put the pin striping on that we requested but want to know where we want it. I can't find any pictures of a Honda Oddy with pin striping. Does anyone else have pin striping and can tell me or tell me where to find a picture of one. thanks!!!
  • Options
    morkie210morkie210 Member Posts: 1
    Myself personally, I wouldn't put any pin stripping on it. I would put the body side molding.
  • Options
    Thanks - we did add the body side molding and the mudguards. I am starting to question the pin striping too. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    tnivanatnivana Member Posts: 2
    Oooo... mine has the pin striping but I don't have a picture of it!

We got the black exterior and the striping is silver... neither my wife or I noticed it when we went to pick up the van, but honestly we both hate it now. We initially asked them to remove it since we were told there were no dealer installed options on the vehicle, but decided that we would just see if it might grow on us since they really didn't charge for it. It has not.

Our striping is just a line (no "H") that goes from the back glass, follows the glass through all the creases, and extends halfway into the front fender. It looks tacked on and just doesn't suit the black color. We plan to remove it soon. Maybe it will look better with the blue?
  • Options
    Thank you. I just got another dearlership to send me a picture from one on their lot. Our stripe will be silver on the light blue. Since I can't decide I think I will have them show me what it will look like before the actually stick it on and then decide if I like it or not. Thanks again.
  • Options
    rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2011
    in N.J...Black w/gray..Paid $42500 w/ wheel locks ,all season mats,cargo tray throw in(+ tax 7%,tags $399 4 yr registration,$199 doc fee, $7 tire fee).Probably could have gotten em down for less but both truecar and Edmunds have it priced $42800 and $42557 so I'm right in current pricing as Inventory is still low..All email negotiated and in and out of dealer in 2 hrs 10 minutes..went for Ext Warranty as they offered it at $1350 (8 yr 100k) Knew this was in the price range so I just got it over with....
  • Options
    shekersheker Member Posts: 8
    This week planning to buy Odyssey 2011 (EXL-without DVD/NAV).
    If any one bought in Virginia state please provide the total price including Tax,TAGS and handling...

Please provide total price.

Thanks
  • Options
    odytourodytour Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    You got a good deal. In NJ..... picked up the touring today and paid 42536 + 399( for registration) and got 3 free oil changes. everything else is same and instead of wheel locks i have taken splash guards.

I am going to get it on Tuesday and not paid reg. fee $399 yet. Based on your quote Is there any way to negotiate the price. Any suggesstions please.....
  • Options
    ibeplatoibeplato Member Posts: 13
    Last month we bought a Celestial Blue EX-L (no Nav or RES) for $35,200 including destination. Only additional fees were taxes/tags/processing (about $1,500 total). We also bought an 8/120 Honda Care EW for $1,395. They also included oil changes for the first 2 years.

We bought in Maryland at Criswell in Germantown as you get the benefit of paying Virginia state sales tax (cheaper than Maryland) but Maryland processing fees ($300 less than Virginia). We could have done better if would have been willing to take a silver, white or red one as the blues are difficult to find (they had the only blue EX-L without Nav or RES in the region). They didn't push any of the add-ons (pinstriping, etc.) that some of the Va dealers wanted to throw in.
  • Options
    shekersheker Member Posts: 8
    I got quote from 3 deales in VA (Northern) area,price looks little high.
    Lowest price from Honda Tysons.Compare to others price who posted in this forum,this price looks little high,any advice ?

Sheehy Honda Quote :
    34,000+810 Freight + 389 Doc fee + 1,119 Tax +101 Tags=$36,519

Honda Tysons Corner Quote :
    Total = $35,461 (ALL fess included.)
    Also splash guards, wheel locks, door edge guards, cargo tray...ALL included in above price quote.

Landmark Honda Price :
    $35535.00 plus fee (Destination $810 , Processing Fee $385 , Dealer Package $595 , Tax , Tags)

Thanks
    Sheker
  • Options
    momto3kiddosmomto3kiddos Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2010 EX-L with 15,000 miles. The dealer is asking $29900. The van is in very good condition. I think this is a great deal; however, I'd like some advice from those "in the know" before I proceed. Also, how much do you think I can get them to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    We purchased our 2010 EX-L 03-31-2010 new for $28510.00 + TTL. Got it from Castrucci Honda in Miamisburg, OH.

Sounds like our van is appreciating in value as we drive it. :)
  • Options
    cardrvr94cardrvr94 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought in Northern/Central Jersey. Didn't expect to when I got there, but drove home in EX-L w RES, $35,322 + $398 doc fees + TTL.

Price above includes fact that dealer made me take a "Protection Package" they valued at $600 (wheel locks, all weather floor mats and splash guards). Looks like actually worth $250 on-line if you're willing to screw things in yourself.
  • Options
    jennyd4jennyd4 Member Posts: 4
    I just finished a purchasing deal at Bernardi in Natick for a 2011 Odyssey EX-L today.
    Price:
    $31250 Car
    $500 Locating fee
    $1995 Honda Care
    $695 LoJack (wil be cancelling this--my child was screaming during this one)
    $295 Fabric Care etc.
    $499 Car Starter
    $299 Dealer Fee (I assume documents, etc fee-- should only be ~100 dollars I think)
    $109 Folding trunk mat
    - $6000 for trade (500 under kelly blue book)
    Yes I got taken for a ride on some of these fees. Not picking up car till end of week will see if I can get credit for the overpriced items.
  • Options
    infinitiiinfinitii Member Posts: 9
    Hello

Can anyone suggest a dealer in Chicago who gives a Competitive Price as I am interested ub buying a Honda Odyssey Touring.

Thanks
    Saleem
  • Options
    tartarytartary Member Posts: 4
    Just bought 2011 Honda Odyessey EX L (without res/nav)

33,411 with free mats
    149 admin fee

With honda financing 1.9% APR.
  • Options
    viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    In KS? Which dealership? I am in Iowa and won't mind driving it to KC. Sounds like you got a great deal!
  • Options
    newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone else think that the older 2008-10 models were a little better looking than the 2011's?
  • Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    @ newyearnewcar

Yes, I do believe the 2008-2010 models were better looking then 2011. I can't believe what people are paying for basic EX-L in starting 34-35K range.
    I was lucky to purchase mine last year with EXL Nav & RES for $32,111 + tax + title, etc.
  • Options
    @ momto3kiddos,

I hope you didn't purchase this van at $29,900. This would be a major rip-off. 2010 models were selling 15% below MSRP last year plus add one year old and 15,000 miles. You should not pay more then 26.8 or 28K.
  • Options
    Based on my research last year and purchase of 2010 van, I would recommend dealer in Crystal Lake (Brilliance Honda). Stay away from the dealer in Schaumburg or in Morton Grove. At minimum get a quote from Brilliance Honda and compare it against other schumcs.
  • Options
    muellertimemuellertime Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Base Price: $32,800
    Trade: -$12,200 (06 Odyssey EX-L @ 97,700mi in good shape)
    Dealer fee: $399
    Docs: $130
    Tax: $1,333
    OTD $22,462
    AHFC 48 mos 1.9%

Tried to slip VIN etching for $199 onto final purchase order becasue "we do that with every car we sell". Not mine dude.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    ltr2ltr2 Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted a price as this:

base price: 32885
    D & H : 810
    tax : 2180.57
    fees : 262.55

Total "drive out": 36138.12

Is this a good price?

Thanks,
  • Options
    kyenedkyened Member Posts: 4
    We got ours for $35,900 no RES, no NAV here in Houston. It's close :)
  • Options
    vonsterlynnvonsterlynn Member Posts: 1
    @muellertime, can you share the dealership or city/state where you got that deal? I'm in negotiations and that's the exact same scenario we're looking at. We want that deal too! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    muellertimemuellertime Member Posts: 6
    FYI... went to pick up the car today for the deal listed above. Dealer sold to someone else, despite having taken my deposit. Cleaned out trade-in, removed keys from rings, arranged insurance, took day off, etc. This was at Liberty Honda Hartford, CT.
  • Options
    MSRP: 35,535

Dealer add-on:

Tint: 299
    D guard: 299
    pin-strip: 299
    protection package (?) 799

Total of add ons: 1,697

By the way, what is this "protection package"?

Now, how the heck are we gonna negotiate on these add-on fees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    Tell them that you don't want any of it and therefore deduct it from the price if he wabts to sell a car. I don't care if they say that all of their cars get that "protection" package. If they want to sell you a car, they can either remove the items without damage to the car or include the items at NO COST. If not, go to another dealer.
  • Options
    2011oddy2011oddy Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

I cannot find anywhere the August lease rates for a 2011 Odyssey EX-L with NAV.

Is the super elite MF still 0.0011?

Is the residual 59% for a 12,000 mile per year lease?

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    one of the dealers I spoke to wanted to add all that garbage too. Go to any of the on-line honda parts/accessories sites and check the prices. I bought the door guards and mud flaps for around $100. Protection package is a waste of money and the windows are already tinted.
  • Options
    lynn82lynn82 Member Posts: 1
    why aren't you guys go for VW routan? I knew someone got routan SE w/RES for $11000 off MSRP and only $1000 for 7 years ext warranty.

I think it is possible to get $12000 off MSRP or even more.
  • Options
    we looked at the Routan, it's a rebadged Chrysler Grand Caravan.
  • Options
    kiddingyoukiddingyou Member Posts: 30
    Personally, don't like Routan's interior, the 3rd row seats are weird. They are tilted in an angle and not comfortable to sit in. And it still uses Twist Beam Axle on rear suspension. I think the only way VW can move it is to offer big discount. Actually, VW has been selling it 8k-10k off MSRP every year. German engineer and european tuned suspension are just marketing tricks.
  • Options
    kadoosbuzzkadoosbuzz Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    I just got a quote for a van coming in on a shipment finally (the color exterior and interior we wanted) after looking and looking and not findng this particular van in two states. The dealership emailed today and said it would be here in a week and this was the quote:

EXL RES 2011:

$35, 261
    plus 2% tax and a 499.00 dealer fee (not sure about tag/title)
    Total: $36,465

We have a trade in that we are most likely gonna lose about 1000.00 on so we will actually finance a bit more than that but hopefully will qualify for the 1.9 (equifax score last week was 713) Honda financing. What do y'all think?? We are going to discuss this on Friday with the dealer. Is this good or should I ask for a lower price??

Thanks!!
  • Options
    mike_xuemike_xue Member Posts: 3
    HONDA ODYSSEY EXL RES 2011
    RETAIL PRICE: $37,135.00
    SPECIAL ONLINE PRICING: $35,291.00

35,291.00 + 382.75 + 2916.05 = DRIVE OUT 38,589.80

The quote is from stevens creek honda in San Jose. Right now They only have one color model (metalic something). I ask the same trim with another color for the same price and have not got back a quote yet. I think they would give the same. What do you guys think of the quote above?
    thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    tartarytartary Member Posts: 4
    Hi

Got Honda Odyssey EX L with no RES Or NAV
    Smoky Topaz with truffle interior
    33261 plus TTL with free mats and cargo tray

Thanks for replying!
  • Options
    sww2sww2 Member Posts: 9
    The Routan may be a rebadged Dodge, but I will bet it doesn;t have the transmissions issues that the ODY has.
  • Options
    knet2010knet2010 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Folks please let me know if I got a OK deal :confuse:

Finally was able to purchase(waiting to pickup next week to be eligible for 0.9% APR) an Honda Odyssey EX-L (Smoky Topaz, No Nav, No DVD) I live in Chicago South suburbs(NW Indiana).

$32,164.00= Bargain price including destination charge

$380 = Protection Pack Type-A (Could not get away from this crap)
    $256 = VIN Ecthing (Could not get away from this crap)

$220 = Accessories Installed(Slash Gaurds, Wheel Locks)
    $200.00 = Doc process fee
    $2200.00 = IN taxes 7%, new title and tags
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Honda Odyssey transmission problems occur on only a small amount of Odyssey builds. If you want less depreciation, buy the Odyssey. If you want to try to sell the Routan, it will not be a quick sale, unless you are willing to sell at a big discount.
  • Options
    Will be picking it up next week. No dealer add - on.

32,885 + 810 (Destination) = 33,695

+ fee + TTL (6.47%) = 36,138.

Smoky Topaz with truffle interior.

How did I do?
  • Options
    marvsvmarvsv Member Posts: 15
    Hi! How much is your monthly payment for that price? is 575 monthly for the touring elite, a good price already? We are going to trade in our 2008 honda crv with 24000 miles on it for $17,000 and we are going to pay down paymetn of $2,500. So basically, when I was negotiating, I told the manager that I want to have a $575 as my monthly payment..

They are willing to give the touring elite

Do you think it is a good deal...?
  • Options
    marvsvmarvsv Member Posts: 15
    How much is your monthly for this deal? is 575 monthly a good deal for a touring elite?
  • Options
    potamuspotamus Member Posts: 2
    I paid $34,900 for EXL w/RES less than a month ago. My lowest quote was for $34,400 but they didn't have my model & color choice on the lot.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    kadoosbuzzkadoosbuzz Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the reply! We went and talked to the dealers. They lowballed us bad on our 2007 Nissan Quest SE trade in. Wanted to give us 11,000 for it. KBB and Black book both put it in FAIR condition (and ours is in good rather than fair condition) at a minimum of 13,000 with our mileage and features. Their excuse was that "if we can't sell it at our dealership, then all auction will give us is 11,000." We said no thank you and walked away. They stuck to their 35,261.00 price for the EX-l res.

I would've paid that for the van if our trade in had been better quoted. Am I being unreasonable???

We are disappointed but our current van is lovely and truth is as much as we'd love the Odyssey, we won't go up in payments to get it. Ugh! :(