Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• Options
    mazdamarlamazdamarla Member Posts: 350
    are there garages at your complex? I mean, it'll REALLY suck if you get it fixed and then the same jerk goes and keys it again just to spite you. :-(
  • Options
    newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    That sucks. I'd probably puke if that happened to me. Singapore justice would not be enough....honestly, people that do that kind of stuff are not human IMO and don't deserve to be treated like one.
  • Options
    mboykomboyko Member Posts: 5
    It actually happened to me. I had my car fixed(painted) and a week later it was keyed again.

My advice - move to a nice neighborhood.
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    I'm curious...why should most MZ6's be at or near invoice?
  • Options
    seafseaf Member Posts: 339
    from different forums and different dealer quotes, just a consumer trying to help another consumer. The dealer side may have a different opinion.
  • Options
    ashutoshsmashutoshsm Member Posts: 1,007
    I agree - it sure looks sweet :)
  • Options
    joe2617joe2617 Member Posts: 88
    Most dealers are pretty low on inventory and we probably won't get 04 models until late Oct. so unless it's a base car, invoice is a BIG reach.
  • Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    You sound like a car salesperson.

I suspect the '04 models will be on the lots in September. Anybody wanna bet lunch?
  • Options
    fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Makes one wonder if gated communities keep the crooks IN rather than OUT? I've always thought they were worthless, burglers can easily go around them.

Prisons are gated communities, maybe they should let the inmates out so we can rents rooms and be safe. ;)

fowler3
  • Options
    joe2617joe2617 Member Posts: 88
    Mazda just allowed dealers to order 2004 MZ6s today. The production cycle will be at least 70 days so mid-late Oct. will be the earliest we see them. Most dealers will be out of 03 MZ6s long before the 04s arrive.
  • Options
    dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    "Most dealers will be out of 03 MZ6s long before the 04s arrive."

Was this done to clear current inventory, or is it another "wise" decision from the folks that force you to bundle BOSE w/airbags and spoilers to have a sunroof?

Dinu
  • Options
    johnclineiijohnclineii Member Posts: 2,287
    Those Ford guys are probably curious about the Mazda6 as it is to be the underpinning for at least ten different models at Ford/Lincoln-Mercury in the next several years!
  • Options
    mazfan1mazfan1 Member Posts: 26
    This my email to MAZDA to confirm the changes about the 2004 MZ6 here is the details:

MAZDA6 -
     Color
      Steel Gray is not deleted
      Speed Yellow is deleted
      Gold Ash has been added
      Blazing Copper Metallic has been added
     Tires
      17" Tires standard on S - yes
      17" Alloy as stand alone option
     Sports Package
      Added Sport Group with rear spoiler
      Added Sport Group with rear spoiler deleted
  • Options
    r2s2r2s2 Member Posts: 93
    Don't you guys understand? Car dealers -- especially Mazda dealers -- aren't to make money. That would be obscene. You should just be in business for the buyer's convenience . . .

I often wonder about this kind of thinking. Heaven knows how we would buy our MZ6's if someone weren't making a profit and providing us with salaries.
  • Options
    Who's gonna be the first to post the real, complete ordering specs for the 04 models?
  • Options
    "Was this done to clear current inventory, or is it another "wise" decision from the folks that force you to bundle BOSE w/airbags and spoilers to have a sunroof?"

Hey, we're picking up on your sarcasm. ;)
  • Options
    ian2ian2 Member Posts: 168
    It works for Honda. What bugs me is that I can't get all those options on non-sport models so I can get 0% financing.
  • Options
    "Was this done to clear current inventory, or is it another "wise" decision from the folks that force you to bundle BOSE w/airbags and spoilers to have a sunroof?"

Maybe those wise folks think airbags are bagpipes and spoilers are what the moonroof rests on when it is open.

fowler3
  • Options
    http://www.mazda.ca/eng/getin/mazdamaker/EEOption.asp

Only on the PRO they did it right.

Dinu
  • Options
    hokiedoghokiedog Member Posts: 24
    Since dealers are able to order now, has there been any word about what is in the Luxury and Security Packages?

Thanks.
  • Options
    And it'd be nice if Mazda would update their website - has that been done yet? I haven't checked lately. Last time I did - last week - it wasn't yet.
  • Options
    Nope - they haven't updated it yet. Just checked and they still have the '03 Mazda6 on there to "build your own".
  • Options
    My guess is that they will update it around the first week in September. Let's see how close I am.
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    The reason I was asking is this....
    We sell apx 30+ mz6's per month ...and we have 10 in inventory with no more 2003 on the way and the 2004 arent expected to show up for 90 days or so..
    Our entire region is in the same boat....with the exception of some small pockets of inventory the supply is quite low. Our mz6 prices have spiked way up due to the low supply.
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're going to run out of MZ6 units!
  • Options
    I like the Canadian model packaging (except you can't get SAB/SAC on the GS-I4/MT model). I think it would work in the US, but I fear that the brilliant folks in Mazda marketing have something else to torture us with for the '04 models. They're probably still outsourcing their marketing studies to the lowest bidder in some third-world country (no offense intended to any readers who are actually IN a third-world country).
  • Options
    ramped1ramped1 Member Posts: 159
    Mazda has a death wish when it comes to the 6. It takes months to get the car in front of the public and start racking up significant sales, and now, according to the dealers, they will be out of cars for the next two months. How many sales is Mazda going to lose to the Camcords and others before the 04s arrive?
  • Options
    seafseaf Member Posts: 339
    Low inventory may be due to higher popularity in a specific region. I've checked the mazdausa.com's inventory in my area (midwest) and it has been pretty much the same in the past couple of months. A recently new batch of new 2003 VINS appeared, so there will be some more 2003 mazda6's still arriving in dealerships in the next few weeks. I'm not saying anyone's lying here, but I'd expect a seller to try and come up with 'creative' ways to keep prices high. I don't mind Mazda profiting from sales of Mazda6's since they make the car, matter of fact I want them to so they can use the capital to put into designing better cars in the future, but the dealerships are a different story. These are just my views, sorry if I offend anyone here. My car buying experiences in the past haven't been horrible, but have always left a sour taste in my mouth afterwards.

But we'll let the market decide, if the prices are too high, it'll keep potential buyers away. It may be good for the dealership temporarily, but for Mazda in the long term, I hope they can better supply those regions that have higher demand.
  • Options
    ahtempahtemp Member Posts: 3
    Just to comment on purchase experience -- I got my M6 in Feb through carsdirect (I think I posted a note in this forum about it) and it was great -- no hassle, and the sales mgr was very professional about it (Browning Mazda, Cerritos).

I've had it for a few months now, and let me tell you that I've had NOTHING but positive reactions to it when I have people in it (I work in the industry). Everything from the ext styling, int styling (women love it!), quietness, price -- I feel I've gotten a great deal. And still turn heads!
  • Options
    aromasaromas Member Posts: 314
    Met with the Mazda rep at the dealership today so he could check out my fraying seats (which has now began on the back seats that are hardly used except by my 3 year old in the child seat). Apparently his OK is needed. He agreed the seats were in unsatisfactory condition. I asked when they would be replaced (under warranty of course) thinking it was just bad luck. He informed me that he would not have them replaced with the same materials in case the same thing happened. He said there have been numerous complaints about the same thing and that Mazda is apparently developing a different cloth fabric to be installed. He said it may take 6 to 8 weeks but I don't mind waiting if it gets me new fabric. The current fabric IMO is the achilles heel of this car. It's a lint magnet and hard to keep clean.

I'm suprised no one else on this board had the same problem. I forget to ask if the new fabric will be used for the 2004's(or I guess 2005's for Canada which will probably be next spring)

BTW I saw the RX-8 for the first time. Geez this car looks gorgeous in the flesh. There were 2 left but they were already sold so I couldn't get a test drive. They've all been pre-sold and you're looking at 4 months waiting list if you bought today which of course the salesman was trying to get me to do.
  • Options
    changes to the 6 for 2004. More under the hood and inside than out. Fixing the 2003 bugs, which I am glad to see.

The 90 day wait between model years is due to training the assembly people and programming the robots for the changes, then doing test runs.

Usually, older model prices are lowest when the next year's models are in dealers' hands, not before.

fowler3
  • Options
    markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    Or, the 90 day wait may be due just to Mazda being unbelievably slow in their order, production, and ship cycle.

Someone just reported on the BMW boards that they ordered a new German-built BMW from scratch and the car showed up in a US dealership 32 days later. Someone explain to me how BMW can build a car in Germany and have it on dealer's lot in 1/3 the time it takes Mazda, even with the huge advantage of a central US plant.

- Mark
  • Options
    ian2ian2 Member Posts: 168
    Just may be?
  • Options
    sevenseassevenseas Member Posts: 44
    I purchased a 2003 Mazda 6 today from Galpin Mazda of Van Nuys, CA. I had a particular one of interest using Mazda's inventory search on their web site. The salesman and I drove to a secure lot where he had a very large inventory of Mazda 6's and RX-8's. We located the partcular 6 with features I wanted. Not sure why other regions are low on inventory but in SoCal I believe there is no problem finding a 2003 Mazda 6 with the features you want. Details of my purchase on the "buying experience and prices paid" message board.
  • Options
    I'm glad I got the leather. Hearing about all the people who've posted about their fabric seats fraying after such a short time - Yikes! I don't know why they didn't just use the same fabic that was in my old '91 MX-6, or like the stuff that's in the '01 626 that I have as a loaner right now. Both of those were comfortable, and I've had my '91 MX-6 for 10 years and my fabric seats in that car are still in great condition.
  • Options
    taddisontaddison Member Posts: 99
    FYI, The cloth seats in Europe (or at least in the U.K.) are a different fabric. The hatchback I looked at had a velour cloth that looked good and felt very plush. Much nicer than the U.S. fabric, IMO.
  • Options
    Does the cloth used in the M6 have a specific name, a trade name if you will like 3M's Scothguard or Billy's Goat Cloth (fictional) - It's early in the morning :)

What is the black one used in the Pro ES and P5 called? That cloth has been very durable in the PRO so far.

Dinu
  • Options
    newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    I have the fabric and I like it. If it would have came with velour like VWs, I wouldn't have wanted it. Velour stinks IMO. Velour belongs in Buicks and Oldsmobiles.

I pick my car up from Autovisions today. 35% platinum charcoal.....mmmmm...I can't wait.
  • Options
    cookie01cookie01 Member Posts: 369
    I have the black cloth and I have fraying on the driver's side where the seat belt snaps back when I take it off. This DOES bug me... but also seems an excellent excuse to get aftermarket leather in a year or two.
    Wonder if Mazda would help me pay for it....
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    are behaving exactly like I thought they would. They were too hard, and thus making them brittle.
    We need tough cloth, not hard.

I can compare the cloth seats to denim jean cloth. The denims also start fraying easily compared to "poly-wool worsted" cloths. Now this would be cool, if frayed seats come into vogue, just like frayed denims :)
  • Options
    mpiatekmpiatek Member Posts: 68
    I also have black cloth in my Mazda 6 and it is fraying on the driver's seat as well. I asked the dealer about it last week when my car was in for service. They didn't give me a time frame, but they put in an order for replacement cloth for the seat. When it comes in, I'll have to take my car in for a day and they will have an apolstry shop recover the seat (for no charge of course).

They didn't mention anything about waiting for a new type of material. I might call them up and ask about this.

Mike
  • Options
    glideslopesglideslopes Member Posts: 431
    The delay has nothing to do with Mazda making extensive changes to the 04 under the hood. It's just another example of Mazda N.America shooting themselves in the foot. The 03 has been a very reliable first year product. I have 6,300 hard miles on my 6s without a single issue, as do the majority of 6 owners. These boards are an extremely small sampling of MZ6 owners. The vast majority are positive. Nothing to indicate in the least that major under hood changes are in the works. Now, if you want to see major changes, look at the 04 MPV. It is one NICE looking vehicle!! : )

Mark. : )
  • Options
    groovypippingroovypippin Member Posts: 264
    Fowler:

No major changes. Certainly not under the hood. If you're looking for those kind of changes you will have to wait for either a MazdaSpeed variant or the 3.5L Duratec that Ford has under development that should find its way under the hoods of a bunch of Mazda and Ford products in '06.
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
  • Options
    Dinu
  • Options
    ambullambull Member Posts: 255
    Toyota has spent five years developing a system which will allow customers to pick options on models built at any of its 10 North American plants. The custom-ordered cars and trucks will be delivered to the dealer in as little as two weeks rather than the months it would previously have taken.
    If you think ordering a Mazda takes long now, it will seem like forever compared to Toyota.
  • Options
    Mazda Team Wins Cape To Cape Challenge

"The Mazda6 was the perfect car for the job of coping with the wide diversity of European roads.

"Superb handling on the twisty Scandinavian mountain roads helped us set the pace and excellent economy through France and Germany minimised fuel stops," said Alyson.

"The rules stipulate that you have to remain within speed limits so the cruise control was invaluable in ensuring we maintained our momentum but never crept above the legal restrictions and the car was comfortable enough to grab some sleep between driving stints."

The crew were monitored by sophisticated data logging equipment from the start of the event in sub-zero temperatures on the northern part of Norway through to the searing 42 degree C heat in Spain.

"We started the event avoiding reindeer and moose in Scandinavia, moved south through Germany and Luxembourg then headed into France before the final 12 hours along the Spanish coast to Cape Tarifa," said Innes.

"The route has been fabulous," said Iain. "Nordkapp provided a stunning backdrop for the start, Sweden is so long we spent almost 24 hours on the same road and in Germany fast sections on the autobahn enabled us to increase our average speed and arrive at the finish ahead of everyone else."

The 2.3 litre Mazda6 averaged 68 mph on the run with fuel economy around 44 mpg and a range of more than 400 miles on each tank of petrol."

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/mazda_team_wins_cape_to_cape_chal- lenge_08_07_03.asp

OK, so it's not a REAL race, but it won nevertheless.

Dinu
  • Options
    Because the conditions and rules are differnet doesn't keep it from being a race. That 44mpg seems way too high considering the congestion on European highways and country roads, unless they were going 25mph in overdrive.

About the 90 day change-over, I didn't mean changes to the engine. The new options packages were what I was thinking about. They may have changed some of the items, deleted others.

fowler3
  • Options
    taddisontaddison Member Posts: 99
    Remember that 1 U.K gallon = 1.2 U.S. gallons, so the 44mpg figure is 36.7 U.S. mpg - still pretty good for the 2.3L engine.
  • Options
    microrepairmicrorepair Member Posts: 508
    mazdamarla:

Gee, I had an 88 MX-6 with the cloth seats and they were the best seats of any car I've ever owned. (about 30 different ones) That fabric was a very short nap so it had more friction than leather but less than velour. It was perfect for zoom-zooming around and after 9 years (and 99K miles) the fabric was in near showroom condition.