Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• Options
    intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    The light on mine goes on (and mainly stays on) for periods of time. I have checked the tires and they may have 33-34 psi. I add 1-2 lbs of air and the light goes out. Go figure!
  • Options
    xfireroadsterxfireroadster Member Posts: 81
    In regards to the TPMS light, it will go on when there is a 25%(8lbs) pressure loss. The system is not tire specific, the light will come on if one tire is low by 25% or if several tires are low and equal 25%. Sudden changes in temperature will set your TPMS off. When filling your tires have the car running or the key in the ON position. after filling the tire(s) with the proper PSI, shut the car off wait 1-2 minutes and restart the car and the light should be out and reset. Also invest in a good analog tire pressure gauge. The proper PSI for our cars is 32lbs front and 33lbs rear.
  • Options
    summeronlysummeronly Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the specifics. I did invest in a good tire pressure gauge-Murrays Auto Parts is my 2nd favorite store since I got my Crossfire. I thought I may have a slow leak since I couldn't pinpoint why I would have this problem.
    I am getting my first oil change tomorrow, from the dealer, and putting it away until the spring. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
  • Options
    At 32 and 33 psi, my light goes on -- sometimes occasionally and sometimes stays on. At 34 - 35 psi it stays off. Sounds like I need an adjustment from the dealer to correct...
  • Options
    Intrepidspirit,
    Where do you live at, if you have sudden temp drops at night this may be your problem also are you running on stock wheels or have you changed them? Some after market wheels will cause problems with the TPMS. Have the dealer check it out, each individual sensor may have to be re-trained. One word of caution...donot over fill your tires.
  • Options
    acevesaceves Member Posts: 4
    New to the page I'm picking up my 2005 coupe tomorrow from the dealer(got a great deal on end of year inventory model 27000 including winter tires and rims at 0.5% financing) here in Frankfurt Germany, cant wait to get the first 500KM out of the way to really open it up on the autobahn.
  • Options
    hunkyspikehunkyspike Member Posts: 4
    From a stop, I recently floored the accelerator and it began to shift, due to the car far ahead who decided to hit the breaks and turn with no signal, I let off the gas pedal; the tranny failed to respond and the engine went into idle. The accelerator would not respond, no throttle response at all.
    I had to coast off of the road and turn the engine off for a minute. After re start all was OK.
    Has anyone had this happen?
  • Options
    xfirexfire Member Posts: 13
    I'm seriously considering buying an 05' RTS Roadster this weekend. The dealers are giving $10K off on any Crossfire here in southern California.

1.Is it worth paying $9K more for the RTS?
    2. Does anyone know when the '06's are coming out, and if anything, what has been updated/changed?
    3. Anyone have a list of recalls on 05's?

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    summeronlysummeronly Member Posts: 6
    I live in Michigan. I have stock wheels. Dealer says tires had low pressure and sited the weather conditions.
    This may be a stupid question but...if you have low tire pressure doesn't that mean you are losing air? Or does it mean that the air in the tire changes due to the heat and the cold? I need to get a better understandng of this.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    As a gas (air) gets hot, it expands... as it cools, it contracts... Since the space that the gas occupies remains the same (the inside of your tire), when it expands or contracts, the pressure correspondingly increases or decreases.. so, you aren't losing air... it is contracting..

That is why they always recommend that you check your pressure when the tires are cold..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    psychoirishpsychoirish Member Posts: 4
    yeah dude, that happened to me too. i took one of the dealerships and it did the dame thing. i had to pull over and start it. i talked to a service guy and he said he would look into it. so i will probably know somethin about 330 today.
  • Options
    psychoirishpsychoirish Member Posts: 4
    hey man, i figured it out, i just talk to a chrysler certified mechanic, he said the reason the crossfires do it is because of the connector by the tranny. he said they have had problems with it leaking on about 21% of the crossfires they have sold. the only way to check it is to take it back to the dealership. they use a special dipstick type deal. but it should be covered by factory warranty.
  • Options
    this is going to seem ridiculous, but I have the non electric seats on a blackline crossfire and the seat will not adjust up or down has anyone had this problem thanks in advance
  • Options
    rtclarcrtclarc Member Posts: 1
    Re: item #2. Which HyperVoltage System did you get? They seem to have 4 different models. The eco seems to be a basic unit. Then there is a Multi-range (MR), Low-Range (LR) and High-range (HR). Prefer you reply to email: rtclarc@aol.com
    I have a 2005 CF convertible (6-speed). Not looking to race it (street or highway). Mostly mixed driving but I like to open it up on the highway when I can. Just looking for a boost in power. I will definitely replace the stock air filters with the K&N type. Have heard nothing but good things able them.

Thanks.
  • Options
    joeimjoeim Member Posts: 1
    hey guys anyone know where i can access the sux audio rca, or stereo jack. i would to give myself direct access to my mp3 player or PC audio. My options thus far have been getting one of the pathetic short range fm radio transmitters. sounds and sampling quality is crap so i would rather get a direct analog line into my stereo. any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    steenport567steenport567 Member Posts: 8
    Go to Ebay and look for the chrome mirror. The person that is selling them also sells chrome grills. I like mine stock, but chromed out would be pretty cool if you had a black CF.

Oh, I bought my Limited '04 Crossfire at CarMax. It had less than 4K and was in PERFECT condition. I got it for 23K!! I was and still am VERY happy. The only bad thing is oil changes. I did it myself(make sure to take off the plastic cover on the bottom) and it still was around $60. I don't mind because it will go 7K between oil changes.

Oh, and people that complain about the oil changes and the blind spot SHOULD NOT BUY THE CAR!! It makes me sick to hear about all of the people that complain. THe car freakin rocks!
  • Options
    cwmartin59cwmartin59 Member Posts: 1
    All I have to say is WOW!! I bought a 2005 Crossfire Limited Roadster, pearl coat yellow and I am so impressed with this car. The vehicle only had 2427 miles on it and I bought it for $29,832. I couldn't believe my good fortune. I previously owned a 1986 Corvette which I enjoyed very much, but the Crossfire Roadster is unbelievable. The two things that I dislike is the cup holder and the location of the cruise control lever. Other than that, the car is AWESOME!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an aftermarket navigation system for this car. I have looked at the upgrade version that Chrysler offers, but I am not impressed.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Yes, your not kidding. The Chrysler Navigation really sucks. I would go with the "Tom Tom" thing that you see on TV. That seems to be really helpful. The only bad thing is, it's a bit bulky and the CF doesn't have a lot of room to work with. Congrats on your car and enjoy!
  • Options
    bfreedman372bfreedman372 Member Posts: 5
    I just saw that somebody is selling their matched Crossfire luggage on EBay - for anybody that was looking to buy some.
  • Options
    abbiabbi Member Posts: 1
    Has any one else had problem of fast tire wear on xfire my racing tires in front were toast at 3K and the rears are going on the inside they have been rotated?
    any info on the camber kit?
  • Options
    xfirexfire Member Posts: 13
    What Xfire do you own, and what exact tires are on your car.
  • Options
    misterblondemisterblonde Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone installed lambo door kits on there crossfire. If so, what do you think????
  • Options
    I think they look awesome. Are you planning on doing so? Where would you do that at?
  • Options
    misterblondemisterblonde Member Posts: 2
    I really think they look cool, but not sure if I would do it. Just wondering if anybody has done it. Kits sell for 1K, and I thought someone might have info on how the easy it is to install.
  • Options
    There are a few Xfire's out there with Lambo Doors. I was entertaining the idea myself, but after checking with DChrysler I was told that it would void the warranty.
  • Options
    What are the service intervals of the car?? Somepeople say 3K and some are saying 5K - What have you been paying for a service (Oil change)

As far as voiding the warrenty.. Chrysler has to honor the full bumper to bumper warrenty... they have to prove with every bit of confidence that the lambo doors were the cause of the problem...
  • Options
    Service intervals are every 7000 miles as stated in the owners manual. Oil changes can run anywhere from $70.00 to $120.00 depending on your dealer. As far as the warranty issue on the Lambo doors, If they are not properly installed (DChrysler will not install them for you) they will affect the integrity of the side air bags.
  • Options
    sorbatesorbate Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to disable the locking system so that I can warm up my car in the winter by starting it and locking the door and using the other key fob to get back in. Thanks
  • Options
    Has anybody found a website with instructions to swap out the foglight bulbs?? I have some Ion Yellow's that will look great.. also.. has anybody retrofitted an HID Kit??
  • Options
    I am looking for the clear front bumper lights like they place OEM in Europe. Anybody have leads on these parts?? I fount the Chrome Mirrors, Side Gills, Grille and Windshild Surround.. just want the Clear Sides now
  • Options
    Try looking on ebay for the chrome parts. THere is a person that sells a bunch of Chrome parts on there. If I find it, I will post it on here.
  • Options
    What kind of window tint do you recommend?
  • Options
    bfreedman,

Send me an e-mail and I will put you on the path to what you are looking for to compliment your Xfire.
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Better yet, xfireroadster, could you post the info here? There are probably other people reading here who would be interested.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    Am Looking for a Ski rack for my 05 crossfire, and am not certain about using magnets on the paint, has anyone had any experience with the magnet racks or purchased a suitable aftermarket rack many thanks
  • Options
    claires,

Is it OK to post links to Accessories & Performance web sites? ;)
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Sure, xfireroadster -- it's always great when our members can share a great find with everyone. The only time it wouldn't be okay would be if you were trying to sell something. ;)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    I am looking to upgrade my head lights. I don't like the origianl lights the xfire comes with. I really like the blue xeon lights that are on BMW's. Is this possible to get this for the Xfire?
  • Options
    Ok here goes:

If you are looking for chrome accessories for your Xfire check the links that I have listed below. From time to time you will find them on Ebay, but be aware that they are almost always used. There are not many aftermarket parts for our cars, and the companies that do carry them are located in Germany and Europe and they are not cheap so get your check book ready. I am not affiliated with any of these retailers and I am not trying to sell anyone anything just trying save those who are looking a little leg work. If you would like to see the items on the car, you can take a look at my 2005 Roadster Limited here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169665

CTD-Germany - http://www.ctd-germany.com/ (click on the British Flag in the lower right hand corner to see prices in U.S. dollars)

V-Maxx - http://www.vmaxx.de/en/public/?fz=30

Startech - http://www.startech.de/homee.htm

Kleeman - http://www.kleemann.dk/site

Des Moine Chrysler - http://crossfiredesmoines.com/crossfire_accessories.php

Folia Tec - http://v2-en.foliatec.de/shu_cms/ - Great Brake Caliper Paint
  • Options
    cmdr17cmdr17 Member Posts: 5
    Last night during rush hour, Chicago got 7 inches of snow and traffic was a nightmare. I'm driving an 05 SRT-6 Roadster with all season tires. Just wanted to post that the ESP works very well and so do the tires. My only problem was the alley and parking spot that weren't plowed. But cruising on the highway was no problem. The ESP really does an excellent job of keeping you in control. I had an 2004 coupe with the standard tires and it wasn't as good in the snow.
  • Options
    Also putting a little weight in the trunk will also help. ;)
  • Options
    sjmerlinsjmerlin Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone upgraded their stereo system?
  • Options
    soulja77soulja77 Member Posts: 1
    If you want lambo doors, why not just try the custom method which is cheaper than those crappy bolt on kits, and will probably last longer.

You can find the How-to here:

http://www.ferraridoors.com/lambodoors.htm

my concern with those bolt on lambo door kits is that after a lot of wear and tear, they will just fall on your head and kill you, since now they are being manufactured in china.
  • Options
    mertronmertron Member Posts: 2
    I REALIZE THAT I'M A BIT TARDY IN RESRONDING BUT JUST JOINED FORUM-- OWN A 2005SRT6 ROADSTER-- PURCHASED IN AUG IN MAINE- NOW HAVE IT IN FLA FOR WINTER-- ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT- 12000 MILES AND ZERO PROBLEMS !! TRADED IN A 2004 350Z LOADED WITH 4000 MLS- COULD'NT STAND IT-- BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE-- IF YOU DECIDE TO TRADE- TRY THE HONDA S2000 - HAD ONE BUT TOTALED IT-- GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    beliverbeliver Member Posts: 155
    Just noticed a really crazy move on the part of DC. On the close-out web site (overstock.com) they have discounts from $7140.00 (23.7%) on a std coupe to over $8000.00 off on the SRT models. What a kick in the head for resale value of these cars. Simply download a "coupon" redeemable @ your friendly Chrysler dealer.

Man, would I be royally ticked -off if I'd just bought one. Plus how about the "had to be the"first kid on the block" type that paid mucho bux over MSRP when they first came out.

Merry Christmas HO-HO Ho indeed

believer
  • Options
    ...which is why I chose to lease...(at a very favorable rate).

One of the largest Chrysler dealers in the L.A. area put all 2005 Crossfires on sale @ $11,000 off MRSP last weekend...
  • Options
    77goldwing77goldwing Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 Audi A6 with the Xeon light package and while I never would have considered spending the money for them as an option (I bought the A6 used), now that I have them I'd love to get something similar for my 2005 Crossfire Roadster. So if anyone knows about an aftermarket pair of weedburners let me know.

Regarding wind baffles - Chrysler has their own product now for about $175. The only alternative I have seen is windbaffle.com for $250 and the OEM pair looks nicer. I notice a definite buffeting on the back of my neck, especially when I drive across Michigan with the top down and it's below 50 degrees. I plan to buy one next spring.

As far as reliably, I took possession of my new Xfire in May and put 9600 miles on through Thanksgiving, when I put it up for the winter. I had an oil change at the dealer ($14.95), but decided to supply my own MobileOne synthetic. I have had zero problems with the car. I do mostly highway driving and regularly cruise I96 at 70-90. The car handles like a dream and I liked the body style since I saw it at the car show years ago. The tires show hardly any wear.

I agree that the outside rearview mirrors are marginal, so I usually drive with the top down and look over my shoulder, a habit picked up through 30 years of motorcycle riding. The cupholder is a joke, and I would be interested in a nice leather covered shift knob if anyone knows where to get one, rather than the slippery plastic OEM.

By the way, I paid cash for the car and plan to keep it for many many years. This is the middle-aged crisis answer to the 74 Triumph TR6 I bought after college.
  • Options
    77goldwing,

Get the DChrysler/Mopar wind screen, you can get a HID kit for about ($400.00 - $600.00) or you can go Bi-Xenon (1464.00 Euro/$1765.00 US) you can find the Bi-Xenon Lights here http://www.vmaxx.de/en/public/?fz=30 .

If you would like to see the windscreen on the car go here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169665 and take a look at my 2005 Roadster Limited.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    "I had an oil change at the dealer ($14.95), but decided to supply my own MobileOne synthetic."

The filter alone costs $29. My dealer charged me $120+ for an oil change (synthetic). I have since purchased my own synthetic (0-W40 is hard to find, especially in multi quart containers) and have my tire shop provide the filter and labor. My total cost now, including 7 quarts of 0-W40 synthetic oil, is around $83-$84, Needless to say, it only gets done to spec -- i.e. every 7,000 miles...
  • Options
    dobrodobro Member Posts: 9
    Before I order a cargo tray (part #82207797), can anyone vouch for it? I notice it's pictured in a coupe, with no mention of ragtop compatibility.