Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    I have looked through the radio options on some of GM's other cars and I don't think that they offer the plug in for i-Pods on anything. I do not think that this plugin is a simple matter of soldering a couple of wires on with a plug.
    I have thought about your post on the six speed automatic and that it might benefit the V6 more than the V8. I think the six speed should improve the highway MPG EPA rating somewhat for the V8. It may help the V6 too, but the V6 has much less low end torque which drops off rapidly at lower engine speeds. I think that the V6 needs to run faster at highway cruising speeds than the V8. Still, you are right, the six speed would improve performance for the V6. I think that the six speed axle ratios will need to be different to improve performance for the V8. I can't see the 3.42:1 axle ratio the best ratio for the V8 with six speed.
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    It may not be "simple", but it shouldn't be too difficult. But, that's probably why I flunked electrical engineering.

I'm going to experiment on my 2001 Seville STS, to see if I can make it work. I'll let you know if I have any success; (that is, if the car doesn't catch on fire with me in it!) My plan is to find the input for the CD player and use that input for the IPod.

Anyway, no guts -- no glory!

Thanx, and remember -- Life is Better at the Beach!
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    “Also, the transmission is calibrated to override the automatic gear selection during closed-throttle and high-lateral acceleration maneuvers, rapidly downshifting with nearly synchronous engine speed matching for quick power-up when the throttle is reopened.”

This wording (nearly synchronous engine speed matching) sounds to me like it ** MIGHT ** mean that my (?) “rev match on downshift” will be a feature for 2007.

http://www.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.co- - m/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=3&docid=26191

- Ray
    Waiting . .
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter seeks to interview owners of the Cadillac STS-V. If you have one and care to share your story, please e-mail ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 9, 2006 and include your daytime contact information in your response.
    Thanks for your consideration,

Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Like the rest of the "Car Side" of GM, sales are down:

http://www.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.co- - m/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=3&docid=26343

Again, I am not picking on Caddy here - I wonder if 2007 STS's changes will be enough to increase sales significantly.

And if the MSRPs, when announced, will be reduced - as several Ford 2007 products recently were.
    - Ray
    Wondering also if the current Dealer Marketing $$s will help move inventory this time . .
    Well, I think that the STS sales are about where I would expect them, about 25,000 annually. The CTS is a somewhat cheaper alternative to both the STS and the DTS. Changes for 2007 are almost no change at all, except for the transmission change, which is not going to sell more of them.
  • you know, if you have a cassette player, you can buy one of those line in plugs connected to a fake tape, they used to be around so you can play CD's, but i found out they can be used to play MP3 players too. Very cool.

The only problem is, almost no one makes a car with a tape deck anymore, so the obviouse sollution would be to include a Line in for your MP3 player. GM has this feature on its Impala. WHY NOT ON YOUR FLAGSHIP SEDAN?

This needs to be addressed seriously, b/c the STS does have one of the largest nav screens in its class, one of the best AWD systems on the market, amazing Magneride shocks, 15 speaker bose audio and plenty of advanced features, all of which cost more money than this simple feature. It would really suck if this car, about to revieve one of the most advanced transmissions in the world, is considerred infferrior due to a lack of simple technology.

meybe the problem is GM is offering to many different options with this car, too many ratios too many transmissions too manyoption pakcages, and NOT ENOUGH OPTIONS! Oh, well, hopefully this will change soon, the difference here is that GM has an excellent product, they just need to keep it fresh.
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Posts: 43
    Local delivery ordered 2006 last fall for inventory. Could buy over weekend with no miles on it for $32,995 Lists for $44,380 Base with 1SB I passed because of winter issues. Are you seeing this type price in your area?
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    No,they haven't seemed to be that low in Tidewater, Virginia..Where are you?
    I'm about to get a base car($41,700)for $34,000(plus some other discounts).
  • cumptrnrdcumptrnrd Posts: 52
    I'm getting ready to buy an STS V6 with the Luxury Performance package. Other cars I was considering were the E350, A6 3.2, and 530i (I'm not considering any Japanese offerings for personal reasons), and the Caddy was just the best deal considering price and options, especially the AWD. Also, I've read only good things about it. The TMV price is $3k cheaper than the discount my employer offers.

I just had a few questions before I went out price shopping:
    1. Does anyone have any gripes at all about the car?
    2. Does anyone out there think the AWD is worth it?
    3. I think I read that the '07 would be coming with a 6-speed... Should I wait?
    4. Does anyone know of any other major changes in the near future? I was thinking about a CTS, but not with a redesign planned for the '08...
    5. Any other tips/comments

Thanks
    "3. I think I read that the '07 would be coming with a 6-speed... Should I wait? "

6 speed automatic only on the V8 versions for 2007, as far as what I have seen plublished.
    - Ray
    V8 Torque Addict . .
  • baltomanbaltoman Posts: 43
    I have an 05 STS V6 Lux. 3 year lease. Took delivery in April 05. Almost 14K on it. Not a hiccup. Only regret is I did not get enough options. The V6 is torquey and quick for most drivers. I will probably get an 08 STS when my lease is up. I like driving American and with the STS I found I don't have to give up quality or performance to do it. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

I can't address the AWD as I do not have it.
    The 08 STS will see minor cosmetic changes on the front and
    have clear rear tail-lights according to the car mags.
    6 speed is V8 only at this time. The 5 speed is excellent. I hope the 6 speed will be as good a performer.
    Enjoy !
  • cumptrnrdcumptrnrd Posts: 52
    Thanks for the advice. Does anybody have any dealership recommendations for the Chicagoland area (north suburbs)?
  • I'm thinking of getting an '05 V6 is the next month or so. I'm wondering what are the most common problems that owners are having w/ the V6 STS so I know what I should keep my eye open for while shopping?
  • a white one yesterday. I had to stop to stare at it. With the LED rear lights and the HID front, it really offeststhe white coor well. In white, it seems to make the car look more expensive and 'younger' if thats the right term. Very cool car. It was a V8, BTW.
    From the Caddy web site today:
    2006 STS 0.00% APR For 60 months for Qualified GMAC buyers. Monthly payment is $16.67 for every $1000 you finance. Example down payment is: 30.4%. Some customers will not qualify. Take delivery by 7/5/06. See dealer for details.
  • justgreat47justgreat47 Posts: 100
    that could have been me!! picked up a white diamond with light gray interior, 06 sts6. had to get the 1sb rather than the 1sc due to the sunroof in the 1sc and couldn't live with the lack of headroom. absolutely the best color combo in my book...thanks to my kids for that...i wanted to get the light platinum with the black interior but they convinced me on the diamond white.

i am totally pleased with the car...i cannot recall driving an automatic that has such an intuitive shift pattern. very much like a manual...it doesn't have the coasting of a long-legged final drive drivetrain..very sweet.

the car is a tank as far as solidity is concerned...i just can't say enough good things about the car.

as far as the performance of the v6 is concerned i am totally pleased with it, the real secret there is the 3.42 gears. it's refreshing to see "performance" (a relative term for sure) gearing. interesting side note; the mileage numbers were increased significantly with no apparent change to the drivetrain...18/27 city and hiway...it sounds like smoke and mirrors to me...but time will tell for real world numbers.

jackg
    The MPG rating is about the same as the CTS. The V6 should get better mileage than the V8, but the base axle ratio on the V8 is 2.73:1 which should produce good highway mileage.