Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford F-150 SUPERCREW

Comments

• Options
    timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Before I moved back to Hawaii in 88, I was asked (no kidding!) if I could use my US dollars there and if the electrical current was different (would I need to buy 220 volt appliances?). Sheesh....
  • Options
    asuscrewasuscrew Member Posts: 5
    Scheduled to Be Build The Week of Nov. 13th!!!
  • Options
    bassman4321bassman4321 Member Posts: 11
    Still in shock but now the waiting game that you all have talked about begins. I just ordered a White Lariat S-Crew, Bench med. graphite, 5.4 eng, Ltd Slip, Moonroof, Sldng RR Window, TrailerTow Grp, Off-Road group Skid Plates, 17" Alum, 6 disc CD, NO pin stripes or stickers. Vehicle Order Form Says " Priority 10 " I hope thats good? Now I have to decide which cab steps and what kind of bed protection
  • Options
    mtnmikemtnmike Member Posts: 100
    Good for you Bassman. The wait will be worth it. Join the club. Prority 10 is standard dealer priority numbering. Nothing to worry about.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    tallmantallman Member Posts: 21
    I am getting ever closer to being able to pull the trigger on a SuperCrew. Went by the local dealer today and there was a transport truck there with a SCrew in the new green color. (Of course, it was going to another dealer) Looked pretty good? Has anyone seen one up close? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    runner21runner21 Member Posts: 28
    Do it you will be glad you did.
    And Bassman, you are going to love the moon roof.....
  • Options
    asuscrewasuscrew Member Posts: 5
    Anyone experienced the voice activated version of the VOPC? I work with computers all day and its spooky to have one understand my speech.

I too ordered the moonroof, looking forward to Flagstaff nights!

Currently "Scheduled to be built the week of Nov 13th" DWB/LG 5.4 4X Skids, Steps, Moonroof!
  • Options
    wanting the SuperCrew. There is no doubt I will get one. The only questions are when, what color, and what options. I had heard of the new green but that was the first SuperCrew I had seen and wanted to look at it up close but it was on the top row of the car carrier.
  • Options
    My Question is has anyone a solution or sugestion as to Fishing Rod Racks for the S-Crew? This Truck plans on spending plenty of time on the Beach chasing Line Siders.
    mtn Mike thanks for the answer re. priority number.
    If you're looking for a good deal
    in the Cape Cod and Islands area I ordered from Falmouth Ford for $150 over dealer invoice.Plus they'll pick you up and drop you off at the boat!
  • Options
    gregsgirlgregsgirl Member Posts: 3
    bassman, finally, i have heard from a new englander! and a fisherman to boot! my man and i are looking into a screw for delivery in february. we basically know exactly what we want, however, i was unsure of a good dealer to go to.(driving to nc, or texas sounded like a bit of a stretch). we also have been thinking of ways to keep the fly rods squared away for transport. as far as surfrods, its a little campy for this big beautiful truck, but what about attaching them on the front bumper...like you'd see in hatteras?
    ps where are you chartered from, etc.. always looking for a great day of fishing....
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Is that where you learned about balut, fried silet, pork adobo, and pork guisantes, and of course dinuguan? I remember you had offered Mgdvhman some of the above items for lunch in a previous post? Threw me for a loop since Edmunds would have been the last place I thought I would see those items.

OK- back on topic. Seen a Screw for the first time up close and personal at the Aina Haina Shopping Center. Pewter colored with trailering package. Looks good. If the bed were 1-2' longer, it would balance the look of the truck. Stainless steel piperacks would look good with the pewter. Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner as he seemed to be going into a specialty coffee store for some refreshments to enable him to drive to wherever he was trying to get to. He had some difficulty with opening the door to the shop. Heck he had a hard time walking to the door...LOL! Guess he was celebrating his new Ford.
  • Options
    timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Learned some about those food items from living in Hawaii, but mostly learned the Filipino foods on site in the Philippines during a visit in 1980 and again several times in 1997 and 1998 while I was on an assignment in Sri Lanka. The latter frequent visits to PI were due to meeting, courting, marrying and then visiting the family of the beautiful Filipina who now occasionally stinks up our house cooking bulad (a dried fish which, whenever it's cooked, fills the house with a delicious aroma evocative of hair being burnt off a well-aged, road-killed animal corpse). She's well worth the associated occasional over-enthusiastic food odors though! ;-)

And back on topic: I think you finally put your finger on my feeling about the slightly unbalanced look of the SuperCrew with its short bed. As it is, it's overall length is about the same as my Supercab shortbed which just barely fits into my garage (with less than a foot of clearance total, front and back combined!). So, I agree that the longer bed would make the design more attractive, but that would also greatly complicate parking (at home and away) for most folks buying these. My guess is that these are predominantly family vehicles; most folks who need their's for work have long been buying the SuperDuty Crewcabs. You can't have everything, I guess.... ;-)
  • Options
    Nice to hear from a Fly girl, as I'm a "feather Chucker" as well! We live on the Vineyard and fish Her waters and those around the Elizabeths and Nomans,and offshore when I can.
    Rose at Falmouth Ford took Care of me, no hassels, easy.
    The front mount bumper rod rack idea won't work for me because of all the low trees between me and the beach but that big COOLER hmmm...
    I was wondering about fixed rod racks either off the roof or the bed. The only other option is pad the tail gate and some how suspend the reels.
    Maybe you and Greg will dirve over sometime in your new S-Crew and we'll wet a line together.
  • Options
    hulagirlhulagirl Member Posts: 39
    got scraped! :-( Actually, I can't even tell where, but my husband was worried that I'd freak out! He cut a corner too close and scraped the left rear fender - took it right to a shop and had it buffed out. I really NEED my Zaino now! Checked with them and they said it was shipped on 10/6 - so now I really feel like we ARE in a foreign land out here in the middle of the Pacific. First my truck had to make that long, slow journey across the sea and now my Zaino, too! I am still loving every minute of driving and I guess my husband did too, because I was only gone six days and he put over 500 miles on it! And on an island, too! I was sooo happy to get back in my SCrew after driving a rental on the mainland. I'll just have to find a rental company that has SCrews the next time I have to take a trip! Hope you're all still enjoying your trucks too and for those still waiting - all I can say is - you'll feel every minute of waiting was worth it!
  • Options
    rm13rm13 Member Posts: 46
    Did you try www.portford.com I have seen their online ads and their prices look close to invoice. I doubt anyone will have to drive to another state to find a Ford dealer that will order you one for close to invoice. Test drive the vehicle, decide on options, and use edmunds or carsdirect.com to find your invoice price before talking to any dealer about price. good luck.
  • Options
    emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    hey guys and gals,

have had the s-crew now for about a month but haven't had the opportunity to drive it much as i'm trying to rack up the miles on my leased ranger, which goes back to ford on december 2nd. anyway, have any of you noticed a driveline thunk or slight jerk when taking off from a complete stop? mine does this unless i take off gingerly. my ranger does virtually the same thing so i'm not too worried about it. however, it would be nice if ford would engineer a little less free-play into the driveline. also, my engine sounds a little "raspy" compared to other 5.4l engines i've driven. ford tech at my dealership checked it out but couldn't find anything wrong. otherwise, the vehicle drives and rides great for a 4x4 truck with towing package and all terrain tires! can't wait till the ranger goes back to ford so i can start driving the s-crew more!!
  • Options
    No "thunk" in my 4.6l 4x2. Take advantage of your Ranger and take that new truck back for repairs.
  • Options
    rm13,

i actually took the ranger in for the "thunking" awhile back and they put a new drive shaft on it. however, the thunking returned about a month later...so i'm not sure it is worth messing with on the new s-crew.
  • Options
    Emale,

I've had my S-Crew for 2 motnhs with no "Thunk" or "Rasy" 5.4 L. I would stay on your dealer for what you paid for that truck they should make it right. If this was a characteristic of the S-Crew I would have read about it by now either here or at "F-150 on Line". Your choice but I would be all over them to correct it. I'll tell you what this is the finest truck I have ever driven or owned and am 100% happy with it and you should be also.

Mtn Mike
    F-150 XLT Super Crew, 4X4, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Arizona Beige, 17" tires & Wheels, 5.4L V-8, Power Drivers Seat, Limited Slip, Side Steps, Extang Tonneau, ETC
  • Options
    2001supercrew2001supercrew Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased (10/28/00) the 2001 XLT Super Crew, buid date 10/4/00, with the 5.4 engine, 3.55 Limited rear end, individual captain seats, solid white with the beige interior, I like the way it drives. I am experiencing a noise after engine is warmed up, easy to hear at 1500 to 1900 RPM in park or neutral (inside garage is more noticeable), dealer insist that is from one of the accessory pulleys, and somehow is resonating at the fire wall that is why it seems to come from the transmission area, the noise is more noticeable in 2nd gear at 25-30 MPH and in 3rd gear at 35 and 55 to 60 MPH. I also hear a "raspy" sound during acceleration (read that the 5.4 sucks air big time and tends to be noisy ?), so far 300 miles and about 14.5 MPG.
  • Options
    Well I'll star listening real close for "Raspy" noises (what ever that means) but the engine sounds like a strong V-8 to me. I have no "thunks" or noises coming from anywhere. As a matter of fact this vehicle is one of the most quite rides I have ever had.

Mtn Mike

F-150 XLT Super Crew, 4X4, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Arizona Beige, 17" tires & Wheels, 5.4L V-8, Power Drivers Seat, Limited Slip, Side Steps, Extang Tonneau, ETC
  • Options
    mtnmike,

i'll have to check here at edmunds to see if there are any tsbs on the s-crew. i do agree, the s-crew is one of the quietest vehicles i've ever driven and maybe that is why i'm noticing the raspy sounding engine. to me it sounds like some sort of small intake leak, one too small to be found. if it is indeed that, once it gets louder the tech should be able to trace it down and fix it. the sound is really only noticeable when the engine is "lugging" and the tranny hasn't downshifted to speed up the engine rpms.
  • Options
    psktruckerpsktrucker Member Posts: 18
    I've had my S-crew for 5 months and 9000 miles and no raspy noises. It's been great! 4x4 Lariat, 5.4, red/harvest, moonroof...etc.
  • Options
    I have heard that same raspy noise during acceleration ever since I picked up my truck and it had 4 mi on it. But, since then that sound has not decreased nor has it got any worse. I just thought that it was natural in all 4x4's. And, now with 2200 miles it seem to be running strong I am not going to worry about it till the motor falls out.

Pheasant season starts this weekend and I can't wait till I get my SCrew out in Western KS to find out what kind of hi-way mileage I am going to get out of it.
  • Options
    tom63301tom63301 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my new SCrew last Monday. Lariat 4x4, White over Az Beige, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Moonroof, Running Boards, 6CD Chgr, Bench Seats, TrailerTow, Sliding Rear Window. It's a real beauty. I've been reading these posts for many months and got lots of good info from them. I'll be anxious to see how my milage matches others after I get more miles on it. Currently up to 110 miles and since it came with a tank of gas haven't had to put any in yet. Haven't heard any unusual sounds. It's rides really nice.
  • Options
    Good for you tom63301!!! You'll love your your
    S-Crew man.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Met a salesman at a local dealership last weekend (who turned out to be the fleet manager) while looking at SuperCrews with my wife. We talked for a few minutes and he gave me his card. Went in ther yesterday and asked him some questions about configurations. He said, "Well, let's just place a stock order and see see how it come up." We played with a couple of scenerios and when we got the one I liked, he said, "I am gonna put your name on it and when it comes in, if you want, it is yours for $100 over invoice."
    He gave me the order confirmation sheet - with priority 10 - and put the quote in writing in his notebook.
    I walked in the house and my wife asked where I had been and I said, "I think I just bought a truck."
    Kinda took the wind out of my sails. I am in sales and I used to LOVE to buy automobiles - I liked being on the buying end for a change. Now it is almost too easy.
    Now the wait begins. Any hope for a Christmas delivery?
  • Options
    james105james105 Member Posts: 1
    Noticed last Sunday on a local dealer lot a SCrew (built early Oct/00)with buckets/console similar to an Expedition. Adjustable headrest, high center console and no fold down armrests. Is this an option or the way the capt.chairs will be from now on. Haven't had a chance to go back for a test drive or ask the dealer about it yet. I hoping to trade-in my 2000 GMC SLT 2500 (what a piece of junk) on a 2001 SCrew this Dec. and had all ready decided on the 60/40 split bench because the armrests on the capt. chairs aren't high enough or sturdy enough for me, but now I'm not sure. Has anyone else seen or test drove or bought a SCrew with these type bucket seats and how do they compare to the style with the fold down armrests ?
  • Options
    11/20 Build date
    11/22 Delivery date !!
    I'll See my New SCREW First week Dec.
    Yah baby!
    Zaino got here First!
    Thanks To The Board.
  • Options
    farkyfarky Member Posts: 1
    So far the only thing i dislike with screw is changing oil filter!I as of yet havent found a easy way to remove and install the filter,have purchased 3 different types of wrenches and still cant get into it very well.I also have been noticing that it is using a quart of oil per 3000 miles between changes.I have been watching closley and know iam installing correct amount and am not noticeing burning or seeing signs of leakage. Any one elese with these problems?please help with filter wrench answes.Thanks
  • Options
    farky,

i haven't put enough miles on my s-crew to notice whether or not it is using any oil. however, i know that "some" of the old ford v/8s (4.9l and 5.8l) were rather thirsty when it came to oil consumption. i wonder if the extra oil consumption comes from the use of such a light weight oil (ie...5w-20)? anyway, after my ranger goes back to ford off lease the first of december, i'll start putting more miles on the s-crew and report back...
  • Options
    smilinsmilin Member Posts: 11
    Tallman..I got a build date of 11-6 with a coinfirmed delivery date to me of 11-21 here in Texas. It's a short drive from Kansas City to here but you might use my dates to nail yours for Christmas.
    James105..New consoles are being shown at a local dealer here in South Texas BUT as a "customized touch"..didn't ask the price since I'm going with bench seat and the higher console between seat backs. I have a 99 Expedition (wife's) with high middle console. Noticed the newer Expeditions have the lower console such as Screw's with bucket seats. Bad design move from Ford but all else seems good enough to over-ride this small error in judgement! My suggestion: Find a junk yard with an "old" Expedition in it and switch out the console in your Screw. Good luck!
  • Options
    tomps57tomps57 Member Posts: 24
    I have had my S-Crew since late August and love it EXCEPT for the console arrangement that sounds like they have realized could stand an improvement. The standard, or at least standard when I bought it in August, package had short arm rests that required adjustment every time you hitch up the belts. I then rode in an Expedition that had a Sport pkg and it had the high console that solved the problem, AND provided additional storage space! I made one call and the parts guy didn't really understand what I wanted but I will continue to try to find the new console. Smilin, I have thought about the junk yard option, but can't imagine doing that to my "crew!!
  • Options
    Tomps57,

Follow this hyperlink it may help answer any questions you have:

http://www.f150online.com/f150board/Forum49/HTML/000509.html

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    khs1khs1 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a Supercrew 2wd. I am really interested in what the actual gas mileage is on them. I currently have a Ranger and want to know what to expect.
  • Options
    Gas mileage is going to differ depending on your engine selection. And, rather or not you like to go fast.........
  • Options
    Mtn Mike...great referral for switching out the console on Screws. How'd you find that site anyway?
  • Options
    listylisty Member Posts: 1
    I've had my SC for 5 weeks. I started having problems with the speedometer/speed sensor about 10 days after I purchased it and it's been in the shop for a total of 2 weeks. Anyone else out there experience this problem?
  • Options
    F-150 Online has been around for some time. The S-Crew message board is quite good. Here's a hyperlink to the message board. Make sure to book mark it. Lot of info flows thru there and here.

http://www.f150online.com/cgi-bin/f150board/Ultimate.cgi

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Sorry mis-read your post!! I see you have it at the dealer fixing it. Let us know what they found to be the problem.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    This is the first I have ever heard of that problem. Take it into your dealer and have them fix it my man!!

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    fullsizefullsize Member Posts: 14
    James -- Ford has changed over all of its captains chairs to the new kind. No armrests, bigger console, much more form fitting seats. Rear seat lost the center armrest, gained cup holders on rear of console. Also more form-fitting seats. I posted all about this on f150online.com under the name LongTime.
  • Options
    fullsizefullsize Member Posts: 14
    My new Screw (50 miles) is very smooth riding, but there's a shudder at one particular point:
    when accelerating up-hill, when the truck goes to shift up there's a pretty significant vibration/warble/pulsating feeling (is that clear as mud?) Has anyone else noticed this? Had it looked at? Would anyone please try it and see?
  • Options
    Living in Colorado I have accelerated up many a hill in my S-Crew and have never experienced this. You might want to have it looked at.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    the only shudder i've noticed on my s-crew is when you take off from a dead stop there is a slight shudder or jerking sensation...
  • Options
    Just picked up my new Screw..delivered four weeks to the day I ordered it..surprise!!
    Mine has head rests on the back seats which surprised my dealer!
    Small V-8 goes like H--- with no shudders, mutters or otherwise..lucky so far I guess. Split bench seat is so molded as to "feel" like buckets with the high center console down. This thing runs so quietly I can hear the deer running alongside the vehicle at night..ahem.
    Good luck to those of you waiting...it'll be worth it once you get yours..then enjoy!
  • Options
    hey s-crewies,

just got back from a 6 hour stint behind the wheel. s-crew now has just over 1k miles. really enjoyed the ride and drive, even at 75+ mph! only recent new anamoly i've noticed is that the in-dash cd player really makes the cds HOT! anybody else notice this?
  • Options
    pboltspbolts Member Posts: 13
    Smilin,
    Once your bedliner was installed, did you start experiencing any static electrical shocks after you exited the truck and grabbed the door to shut it?
    The last two trucks that I've owned both had drop-in bedliners and I received a shock nearly every time that I exited these vehicles.
    Static electricity build-up seems to be an inherent problem with the drop-in bedliners.
    The one bedliner that I had, even came with a warning sticker about the potential danger of filling up a gasoline can while it was in contact with the bedliner.
    I also hauled many loads of crushed and drain rock with my trucks and would end up with several shovel fulls of rock underneath the bedliner which always managed to get there through the tie-down cut-out holes in the bedliner.
    For these reasons and a few more, I'll definitely go with a spray-in bedliner the next time.
  • Options
    Anyone find 5w-20 at their local stores? No luck here so far but I know Mobil makes it (regular oil)
    Smilin- Are the headrests basically the same height as the front seats? That would have been worth the wait if I had known that.
    Khs- I have a 2wd w/4.6l eng. Milage right at 15mpg so far at 2100 mls. No hauling but a daily 2.5 mile drive each way with 5 traffic lights. My Ranger gets mid 20's.
  • Options
    Emale,

Yes the CD's get hot. Normal operation for the player. I have been playing CD'S in that thing for 4 months and no problem my man. Congratulations on your new ride. A real masterpiece ain't it???

Mtn Mike
This discussion has been closed.