Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline SUT

Comments

• 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Host,

Host or any Ridgeowners here, experiencing rattles on the front seat passenger side.On very smooth roads it can't be heard, but on roads a bit rough I can hear two kinds of rattle one low pitch rattle and one squeaking sound. Got them around 18,000 miles on my Ridgeline. It is driving me nuts.At one time after the delearship can't remedy it I almost traded it in even at a huge lost.Thats how it's driving me nuts. :sick:
  • greathannygreathanny Posts: 17
    I read at least one post that said 2007 Ridgelines are due out in June. When I spoke with two dealers, they indicated that 2007 Ridgelines wouldn't be out until Sept or Oct. Was this a sales pitch to get me to buy a 2006, or does anyone know when the 2007 Ridgelines are due out at the dealers?

I want the 2007 because it is coming out with a gray exterior color. Does anyone know of any other changes (other than color changes) that are being made for 2007?
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    There will be an RTX trim level. I think it's mostly cosmetic (different grille, etc.), but I believe the tow package is standard.

Not sure when the '07s will be released.

Bob
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,894
    unless its a new or revamped model, Honda typically brings out the next model year in sept-oct, like those dealers stated.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• guy21guy21 Posts: 129
    I had a squeek on the drivers side. Turned out to be a loose fit between the sun visor and its' retaining clip. Both were replaced and it hasn't come back. Try driving the rough road with the visor unclipped and check for your moise.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    GREAT>>>>take a trip over to wheels.com and go to the
    industry reference threads. The 07 start up info. for
    most auto makers will be there............
  • footerfooter Posts: 32
    Funny you should mention that ... After only a few hundred miles, I noticed a squeak/rattle and determined that it was coming from right above my head. I unclipped the visor and sure enough, the rattle went away. Since I don't like to leave it unclipped, I clipped it back up and after a few iterations of this, it finally stopped. I haven't unclipped it since it stopped but eventually, I suppose I will have to. If the rattle returns, I'll be sure to get back to the dealer and have them replace the clip (and visor?). Anyone know if there's a recall or any other further info on this? You & I are the only ones I've heard about with this problem.
    Had to drive down to Wrightsville Beach, NC on Memorial Day to help move my daughter back to Maryland. Since it was a long 430 mile trip down there, I decided to count all the Ridgelines I could that were coming the opposite direction.

I ended up counting 17. Not too bad considering there were numerous time lapses in my counting, and there were rather large areas of the road that couldn't be seen due to trees, etc.

Bob
  • jay_24jay_24 Posts: 536
    During 650+ miles of driving through Wisconsin, I saw a grand total of zero. However Tuesday morning I saw a Tribeca and Baja at the same intersection in MN.

Ridgelines must be a east/west coast thing for the most part.

I see Edmunds has Ridgelines ranked 9th for retained value. The top 10 didn't have much difference. 53% down to 47%.

Edmunds Top 10 list
    IIRC, I saw 13 of the Ridgelines on I-95 heading north, 3 Ridgelines on I-40 heading west, and 1 Ridgeline in Wrightsville Beach.

Most of the Ridgelines were sighted between Baltimore and Petersburg, VA, which is just south of Richmond. Once I got south of Petersburg it got harder to find them. In any event it averaged 1 sighting every 25 miles for the 430 mile trip. Also, this was Memorial Day, so I'm assuming most if not all were being used as family vehicles heading home from vacation. I saw several pulling jet skis, and several with motorcycles in the bed, the rest loaded with vacation gear.

You likely won't see many Ridgelines in the "heartland" of America for a while. Trends almost always start on the coasts, and eventually make it inland.

Oh, I also saw a couple of Tribecas and perhaps a 1/2 dozen or so Bajas.

Bob
  • I am looking for a ridgeline in NY and VT. I got a price for 30,950 with Navi RTL-s. the salesman told me that they had a "grey" on coming in this month. I said you mean silver? and he said its grey, its an 07. he said he does not have pricing or a list of any changes but he knows they are coming in and that grey will be a new color. hope this helps. please let me know what the other changes are????
    I drove my Ridge from the Twin Cities to Madison, WI over the Memorial Day weekend and back (nearly 500 miles round trip) and experienced the same thing as jay_24. Other than mine, there were zero sightings for the trip. I didn't even see any in Madison. They definitely haven't taken the Midwest by storm ... yet.
    Well, consider yourself as a trendsetter for your neck of the woods. :)

Bob
  • mknight73mknight73 Posts: 2
    As for the "Heartland", there are quite a few Ridgelines on the streets in the Kansas City area. I will usually see 2 or 3 a day. RL drivers tend to wave at other RL drivers around here too. :shades:
  • mknight73mknight73 Posts: 2
    Yup, same story as the others. I had a rattle coming from the drivers side visor that resolves if I flip it down & up again. It seems to be common.
    Good to hear. :)

Bob
    Well, maybe not so much any more ... Saw two this morning on the way in to work ... silver and black ... The black one was nearly following the silver one ... maybe they knew each other? I haven't seen any in weeks and then I see two back to back! So perhaps they are becoming more popular here in the Twin Cities of Mpls/St. Paul.

:)
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Posts: 588
    Here in western NC I see one about once a week - not the same one either. I've seen multiple colors, so unless my vision is going bad, someone in this area is buying them. I won't, but mainly because I want a bit more towing capacity (er, actually closer to 3k lbs more). 07 Av for me!

My wife was riding with me when I saw the last one, and she thought it was an Avalanche. I had to clue her in that the Av is a smidge bigger vehicle, and has black plastic on the upper rear area. I guess that means the Ridge's looks have grown on her quite a bit, because I know she likes the new Av.
    Again, I think it's regional. I saw a couple yesterday, none yet today—but the day is still young... ;)

Bob
    http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Ridgeline

New RTX model added just above base RT model. It comes standard with tow package, unique grille, and painted gray alloy wheels.

Bob