Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rda2wrda2w Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to thank everyone for all the useful info here. I figure it saved me a bit over $1000 from what I had considered a decent deal initially. Here is what I ended with just before Dec 31:

MSRP $43,920
    Sale Price $41,785 ($1375 over invoice)
    36 Months / 10,000 Miles
    Residual 68%
    Money Factor .0015
    Acquisition fee $625
    $0 cap reduction
    COD (Sec dep, tax, license, 1st payment, etc) ~$2300
    Monthly Payment $456
  • Options
    reitdudereitdude Member Posts: 7
    Got it at JMK BMW in Springfield, NJ. They gave me the deal without any haggling. The car is in transit (somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean) and should arrive in two weeks or so.
  • Options
    scarmanscarman Member Posts: 2
    I'm ready to lease a new BMW and they offer all this stuff like autoguard, tire hazard and a factory security alarm system. HELP!!! Is anything worth doing?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    IMO, just say no to all of that..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fltfvfltfv Member Posts: 4
    On 12/28/06 I purchased an 06 X-3 CPO with 12,300 miles from BMW of Montgomery for $34k.On 12/29 I returned the car to the dealer for cleaning/touch up when the oil lamp came on. I mentioned the oil light to the sales advisor and they indicated they would check it out. Upon returning the car I was advised the light was just the oil service reminder and there were no problems. Two days (and 600 miles )later on New Years Eve I'm on I-95 in south Ga when the oil lamp comes on again. I pulled over and checked the oil and found the oil level was well below the minimum mark of the dip stick. After checking the owners manual I had to drive another 50-60 miles looking for 5W30 synthetic oil. I added 4-5 oz to raise the oil level to the minimum mark and took it to my local dealer and they added over 3/4 quart. I checked the CPO Inspection and it indicated the oil was ok when certified on 12-21-06. I can't imagine the car burned well over a quart of oil driving 600 miles and there are no leaks on my garage floor. My guess they never checked the oil during the certification inspection or when I mentioned the oil lamp came on. Could there be any damage to the engine and if so can I assume the dealer or BMW will be responsible for all repairs? I sent an email advising the salesman of the oil problem but other than obligatory v/m message no additional follow-up. After spending $34k for a one year old X-3 CPO I'm pretty disappointed.
  • Options
    I'm not much of an expert when it comes to the mechanical side of things (or anything else, for that matter). But, I have a few thoughts...

1) Your sales advisor doesn't know anything about mechanical things, either.

2) Never ask someone in sales about what might be wrong with your car.

3) I agree.. they probably never checked the oil to begin with. Forget the CPO inspection. Every time your car comes into the service bay it should be checked.

4) It sounds like you were only a quart low, in total. While I wouldn't be happy about driving 600-700 miles under that condition, when you expressly brought the light to their attention, you didn't likely do any damage.

The only thing that bothers me... is the light was on.. then when you picked it back up.. it was off.. Then, 600 miles later, its on again.. It could be just an intermittent problem with a sensor. Which of course is a better problem than an engine that is burning or leaking oil (and really.. on a newer car..that would be very rare).

I'd just keep a close eye on it for awhile. If you see any further problems, contact the service manager. Your salesperson probably won't be much help.

Hope that helps,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    beliasbelias Member Posts: 316
    I came to this board to see what kind of prices people are paying for their X3s. I have not read through every post, but I read through a number of them and it seems like the overwhelming majority are leasing. Does anybody buy these vehicles? Am I missing something in terms of why people lease it instead of buy it? I know it lowers the payment considerably, but man, I hate to have a perpetual car payment. I like saving up and getting it all cash or at the very least not having more than a 3 year payment. What kind of discounts can be expected on the X3? It seems like $2500 has been the max on leases. Ironically that would indicate that purchases should have a larger discount, but I imagine that this isn't going to be the case with BMW.
    For anybody that has actually "bought" an 07 X3, please post what kind of deal you got, that would be very helpful! Thanks!
  • Options
    One thing to note... The price a leaser negotiates should be the same price that a buyer negotiates... So, any selling price that you see should be appicable to your situation..

One reason that a lot of people lease the X3 is that the residual numbers provided by BMWFS are extremely high for this model.

65% residual for 3yr/45K lease is probably $2K higher than the typical BMW lease.. That translates to a lease payment that is close to $60/mo. lower than you would expect.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kansashuskerkansashusker Member Posts: 5
    I also am interested in what others are getting for a purchase price on a new 07 X3. I'm interested in one with options but haven't narrowed down which ones specifically. Previous buying experiences have told me that if you buy on they have in stock they will deal more than having to order one.
  • Options
    xyli99xyli99 Member Posts: 1
    I got about 2900 off in the deal (purchase) in this weekend. The area is D.C. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    labslabs Member Posts: 1
    May I ask you which dealership you went to in the D.C. area? Thanks.
  • Options
    corytvcorytv Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I'm new to leasing, but I've read alot.

I'm looking at a new X3 vs. a swapalease lottery X3. Without going into too much detail I "KNOW" someone in the high management of a BMW dealership, and work with them regularly, so I probably/might be able to get a BMW around invoice, based on past deals of the like (assuming there's a holdback that at least pays for their costs & sales comission)

Anyway, Looking at the present month's lease offer (feb 07) it appears, if I'm looking at it correctly that it's pretty subvented.. The residual calculation appears to be 78% which is super great, right?

(see terms here: http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/X3/30si/programs.htm?PanelID=4&duration=24)

At the end of the day, these are still car dealers, and they're still going to try to make money off me, so I want to make sure to get the best deal possible on the lease.

My question is, "What should I ask for?"

I realize that 78% is calculated at 24 mos, 10k, and I'm probably going to be wanting either 24 mos 12k or 36 mos 12k, so I can be sure to have a lower residual %. Will this % reflect that the 24/10k is 78%? (ie just a couple of % lower) Or will "changing the specifics" pretty much undo the promotional residual in this offer?

Furthermore, are they going to use the "good price" that I might be getting in their calculations, or am I going to get screwed by the actual MSRP somehow?

How does "dealer contribution" factor in? I'm not sure I completely understand from the fine print, "Dealer contribution may affect terms." which is on all lease deals? Are they spending out pocket money to close this, therefore I can't expect to get it at invoice, because they will have to go too far into holdback to get the deal done?

I'm planning to put NO money down on taxes and "down payment" (cap cost reduction) if I can.. Does anybody know if that will affect the residual %?

Reading over this, it sounds like I know less than I thought I've learned, but I'm starting to get it.. I understand money factor, and how the % of residual affects the payment ammount.

I am pre approved through the BMW website, so I assume we can get the deal done, but given the choice of waiting a few months for a swapalease deal and having to pay more $$ per month, it's a no brainer. Let somebody else pay the Cap cost reduction, unless I can get a super good deal thanks to the subvented lease, and still get somewhat of a choice from my local dealer....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cory
  • Options
    2yr/24K residual is 77%
    3yr/36K residual is 67%

"Dealer contribution" just means that the dealer has to discount the vehicle a certain amount from MSRP to achieve the advertised lease deal.. What they are saying is that an individual dealer may not choose to discount the vehicle enough to make that deal.

Cap cost reductions have nothing to do with either residuals or money factors.... If you have iffy credit, they may sometimes help you get approved. Any advertised deal that has a cap cost reduction can be structured without one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Our local BMW dealer was asked to look at my X-3 to check for any damage to the engine due to the low oil. They discovered that an "O" ring above the oil pan had not seated (?) properly and caused the leak. The side of the oil pan showed the oil leak which should have picked up during the CPO inspection. All repairs were covered under warranty. An oil service was completed and things seem normal. The local Service Manager was great to work with. :):):)
  • Options
    I'm glad it worked out okay for you.. Enjoy the new ride!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    x3driverx3driver Member Posts: 18
    We took delivery of our X3 mid-January 2007 from an upstate NY dealer.
    The only options were the BMW Assist and the heated seats. The vehicle price was $38,025, and the Sticker $39,945, including destination.

BTW: The dealer-installed hitch fits well - some folks had trouble with the fit and finish on them, I think mostly pre-2007s.
  • Options
    ninabeemerninabeemer Member Posts: 8
    All:

Just thought I'd pass along the deal I made on an X3 in Columbus, OH. Good hunting everyone:

MSRP: $43,370
    Net Cap Cost : $40,965 (about $1K over invoice)
    Acquisition Fee: $ 625
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $41,590
    Terms: 36 mo / 12K miles per year / $0 down
    Residual: 67%
    MF: .002
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Payment: $492.23 / month

This site is a fantastic resource for this type of information. I would have paid much more without doing the research here. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Good job! Was that at Kelly or MAG?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mez2mez2 Member Posts: 10
    I just went to Kelley BMW here in columbus and took in this info. They said no way did this deal happen, and that you got the vehicle for $1,000 under Their cost. They gave me a residual today of 61% on a 3/36 lease same as yours. Payments would be $529+ tax for a $42,000 sales price if a $43,000 MSRP +/- a few hundred dollars.

PLEASE let me know who you dealt with and where.
  • Options
    Alright, I was about to put a deposit on a X3 today but wanted to see if there is something hidden in the deal.

X3 MSRP $41,000
    Sales Price $38,400
    Adjusted Cap $40,571.64 Includes $825 Aquisition fee and some thing else.
    67% residual on 3yr 12K year lease
    Mulitple security Deposits Total of 8 $4,000 for a money factor of .00176
    Payment = $483.68 including our 6.75% sales tax.
    $4,500 due on delivery = MSD and 1st payment.

How am I doing?
  • Options
    I don't know where you live, but I'd say the difference between the $38400 + $825 and the $40,571.64 is tax.. because I can't find it anywhere else in the equation..

Do you live in Ohio? I think they add the tax in upfront, so that would make sense..

It looks like they are working off a money factor of .00225, instead of the base money factor of .0020, plus they are marking up the acq.fee by $200.. (assuming the numbers are the same as February... no idea if they are).

Positives? $2600 is a very good discount...

If they used the base rate of .0020, and only charged $625 for the acquisition fee, then your payment would drop to $460.82/mo.

That number would be a great deal... Your number is pretty decent, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    OK talked to the guy a the dealership he said the Adj cap cost includes: $825 aquisition fee, $1096 in taxes and a $275.50 fee to the dealership to fill out paper work.

Seems like I should be able to knock a few hundred off these fees and look into a lower rate.

Does anyone have the March MF rates on X3 with maximun Multiple Security Deposits?
  • Options
    suvcurioussuvcurious Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I currently own a two seater convertible (worth 8k according to KBB) and I'm looking into selling it and hopefully leasing a bmw x3 in the near future.

1. Is there a way to find out what the average interest rate for someone with a 630 fico score would be without actually applying? I don't want to try getting approved until I hear back from the bureaus regarding an investigation I requested on some false/old info.

2. The reason I'm looking into a lease is so that I could upgrade to a bigger SUV in a few years.... when I plan to start a family. In your opinion(s), is this a good idea or should I just buy it? I'm looking to have a car payment of about $500.

Thanks for your help!

SUVCURIOUS
  • Options
    BMW leases are pass/fail...

So, if you qualify, you qualify for the same rate as the guy who has an 800 FICO score..

If you are buying? Sorry, I have no idea of the interest rates for less than A credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ninabeemerninabeemer Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like you might be buying this car from MAG in Dublin, Ohio, correct? If so, I couldn't get them to come off of the $825 acq fee or the doc fee, or get them to give a better money factor rate. That tee'd me off. So, I called Kelly Motors (near Easton), and they gave me the same car at the same price, but didn't mark up the acq fee ($625), eliminated the doc fee (to $0), and gave me the buy rate money factor of .002. It may be worth a call.

If this isn't who you're dealing with, you still should be able to get a lease deal without any mark up in the acq fee, doc fee, and money factor. Good luck with it.
  • Options
    jojo718jojo718 Member Posts: 7
    I am new to this site and currently in my first lease. I currently have an 04' X3 w. about 16K on it in it's final year of a 3 year/ 30k mile lease; my first question would be if BMW has some sort of reinbursement or benifit to me for the added value due to the lower mileage????

Second question would be if anyone has used their BMW C.C. benifits toward their current lease - "up to 5ktowards your lease" - is this as simple and straight forward as it is presented????

I love the fact that this website exists - I have read the posts for some time now. This is my first post and it has been coming for some time now..My current lease is up in Sept. 07' and I intend on releasing another X3... hopefully by then the new 3 series 300 hp engine will be an option.

One last question - sorry - do you reciweve the same discounts when you order a custom X3????
    Thanx for the help, you guys are a great resource....
  • Options
    rjslaydonrjslaydon Member Posts: 1
    I will by purchasing (not leasing) a new BMW X3 for cash within the next month with an expected MSRP or around $47,000. Can anyone recommend the best BMW DEALER in the Western North Carolina area (Asheville) to get the lowest cash deal?

The closest BMW dealer is Fletcher Motors BMW, but there are many other dealers within a 200 mile radius, including dealers in Hickory, NC, Greenville, SC, Charlotte, NC, Greensboro, NC, etc. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
  • Options
    x3driverx3driver Member Posts: 18
    Although I always advocate honesty, even when dealing with car dealers, I'll suggest this to you: Don't make a big deal of "all cash." It won't help you get a better price. They make money on the loans, so disclosing that you have cut off that line of profit won't help you get the lowest price.

Enjoy the Ride!
  • Options
    nan2bnan2b Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is offering 2006 BMW x3 for 34,995; certified used with extended warranty til 2012 or 100,000 miles. It has 13,800 miles on it already. What should I look out for?
    Dealer is selling several and has told me "hurry,purchase it, it won't last." A quick reply would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    In Dec. 2006 I purchased a 2006 X-3,Certified with 12,300 miles for $33,900 from BMW of Montgomery (AL.). The vehicle came with the premium package and heated seats. A word of caution, I have little faith in the certified inspection process that leads you to believe your vehicle is in excellent condition. The day I picked up my X-3 the low oil light came on and I reported it to the sales advisor. I was told the light was nothing and everything was fine. Forty-eight hours later the light came again on I 95 outside of Midway Ga.. I checked the oil and found it was down over a quart of oil. Remember this vehicle takes synthetic oil and it's near impossible to find at the typical gas/convenience store on an interstate. As it turns out an "O" ring above the oil pan had not seeded properly and caused the leak. You could see the oil stains all the way down the side of the oil pan and yet it was never identified during the certified inspection. I put 2 messages on the board if you want to research them. Forget the inspection and have the vehicle looked over carefully. See if they changed the oil and rotated the tires. That may tell you if vehicle received any service at all.
  • Options
    chi2chi2 Member Posts: 2
    In Northern California I have been offered a deal for 2007 X3, what do you think of the deal?

MSRP $44,000
    Sales price: $42700(including MACO and training fees. I think this is about $500 over invoice.
    $795 acquisition fee
    .002 MF
    $0 down
    Approx. $1400 drive off costs.
    $500 security dep.
  • Options
    nan2bnan2b Member Posts: 2
    Thank You so much for your answer which was extremely helpful. I noticed that the car has a deep scratch on the rear door jam and was told that it was nothing and that they would give me some touch up paint to cover it up. I didn't feel comfortable with that. If I do decide to purchase I will defintely have the vehicle looked over. Thanks again.
  • Options
    jjrm1jjrm1 Member Posts: 1
    Here is the offer I am getting from the only BMW dealer town!

Sales price of $44,320 $2000 over invoice 3 year lease (67% residual) using 3K down w/ 12K miles per year money factor of 0024 sales tax of 6.25% = $604.27 being your monthly amount. Does this seem reasonable?

By the way, none of the calculators seem to be generating this monthly payment. Has anyone used leaseguide.com's calculator?
  • Options
    tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    2007 BMW X3 3.0si 4WD SUV

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 75% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 32% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Triston
  • Options
    What is the MSRP? You can't calculate a lease without it..

From first reading, that deal doesn't look very good...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    suvcurioussuvcurious Member Posts: 8
    Hi KYFDX! I finally heard back from the bureaus and my fico score went up to 662! But, yes, you're right with BMW you either pass/fail. I applied online and got approved for a lease. However, now I'm nervous to pull the trigger b/c everyone is telling me that leasing is a bad idea. Can I get your thoughts? Can I also get your input on what the current APRIL money factor lease rates are?

Thanks a bunch!
    SUVCURIOUS
  • Options
    The X3 has a money factor of .00215, which is higher than last month... But, it still has a 65% residual for 3yr/45K, which is insanely high (that is a good thing for a residual).

With the lease deal currently in place, there is no way that I would buy an X3..

But, a good lease deal is all in the details... Just like buying, a good deal depends on the negotiation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kobukkobuk Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone, how is this deal?
    premium package, xenon lights, park assis, 18" wheel, heated front, privacy, servotronic, cargo net, heated steering wheel,auto.

Msrp: $45,200, dealer offer: 3% off msrp, which is $1356. Got couple questions here:

1. it seems that people are looking for 5% discount, so I guess this is just an average deal?

2. so what month is the best timing you have more chance to knock off more msrp? such as December when dealer need to clear inventory?

3. Also dealer kindly mentioned that back seat side air bag is dangerous to kids, so I removed it. What impact the air bag would have on kids, any idea or examples?

thank in advance for your reponse.
  • Options
    timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    From your comment on back-seat air bags, it sounds as if you are ordering this vehicle. If this is the case, I've heard the deals aren't as sweet as they might be on a vehicle already sitting on the lot.

I've got two strikes against me -- 1. I'd need to special order mine because I want the six-speed manual (I'll never find one of those sitting on the lot around here), and 2. I live in a one-BMW-dealer town (no competition).

:cry:
  • Options
    kobukkobuk Member Posts: 5
    Hi Tim,
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't ordered the car yet. Still bargaining with the dealer. I think you are right, if I could find a car in the lot that might give more bargainning power. I talked to another dealer, they have to order it too, but they offer 4% off msrp, better than the first one. Let me keep trying and good luck to you too. :)
  • Options
    justanotherjoejustanotherjoe Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking at 36 month lease and have been told by two of the four dealers (having yet to talk to the other two) in Denver metro area that the money factor is .00255 vs. the 00215 mentioned in post #1314. The residual numbers are consistent with what has been posted here, although the discounting off of MSRP (per both dealers and Edumnuds TMV pricing) is closer to between 1.5 and 2%. Inventories seem somewhat tight around here, so that would seem to affect discounting.

Is money factor a regional thing or should it be standard nation wide?

Thanks for your input - this site has been a very useful resource.
  • Options
    BMWFS allows the dealer to mark-up the base rate by .0004, resulting in the money factor your dealer is quoting. This is extra profit for the dealer.

On a typical X3 lease, this will raise the payment by around $30/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    When the time is right, I think what I'll do is create my own fair deal lease and send it to my local dealer. Giving them the option of meeting MY requirements for a lease (or at least getting close) before venturing into markets outside of my city. Sort of like the fightingchance.com fax attack, except the calculations have already been done to my specifications. This way they'll know I'm an informed consumer, and hopefully keep the negotiating shinanagins to a minimum. If my one-BMW-dealership town rejects my offer, then I can send the same to outside markets and let them fight it out. Has anyone out there tried this approach?Bright idea? Or not?
  • Options
    That is a great idea.. I just looked up the e-mail I sent to the dealer on my last car (edited for brevity and personal details).
    ====================================================
    I was walking the lot today (Sunday), and noticed that you had a leftover '05 330 convertible.. in Silver Gray.. I think it is this unit from your website:

Description:
    Exterior Color: Silver Gray Metallic
    Interior Color: Black Leather
    Engine: 6-cylinder
    Transmision: Automatic
    Packages:
    Cold Weather

Safety Features:
    Dual Front Airbags
    Front Side Airbags
    Traction Control
    ABS (4-Wheel)

Features:
    Xenon Headlights
    BMW Assist
    ----------------------------------

I'd be interested in leasing this car, if you can do this deal:

$49,345 MSRP
    $45,200 Selling price
    $45,825 Cap cost (selling price + $625 acquisition fee)
    3yr/45K lease
    61% residual ($30,100.45)
    Money factor .00075 (base rate)
    Payment = $494/mo. + KY sales tax (approx. $525/mo. total)
    Due at inception: 1st payment ($525), security deposit ($550), title/license/registration fees (approx. $200)
    Total due at signing approx. $1300

Thanks for your time and consideration..

=========================================
    I made almost that exact deal within 4 days.. My actual deal was for $200 more, resulting in a payment that was $529/mo... and my due at signing was $1196.

So.. it can work!!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    phatjoephatjoe Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a bmw x3. I shopped around the Chicago area, and asked my brother to stop by bimmer dealerships in a few neighboring states.

One particular dealer showed him a 2007 X3, which was VERY nicely equipped with a msrp around $44,xxx. The lease details are as follows:

$3,000 total out of pocket cash (clearly stated not interested in hidden fees, just want to write one check).
    12,000 miles a year
    24 month lease
    $425 a month

I've seen a few people on this site with $500+ lease rates. Does this monthly rate ($425) seem about right, a bit sketchy, or simply a great deal? :)

Very much value your input...

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Options
    With $3000 out of pocket on a 24 month lease, this quote is basically a $500/mo. lease, if you didn't have the big amount down upfront..

Still.. not a bad deal on a $44K vehicle...

But, I'm sure that quote from an out-of-state dealer doesn't account for Illinois taxes.. Illinois taxes the full selling price on a lease.. Over 24 months, that will likely add more than $100/mo. to the payment. Which is why short-term leases aren't usually cost effective in Illinois.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    maryn165maryn165 Member Posts: 12
    I just picked up my 07 x3 today. I got the premium package, heated front seats, privacy glass, rear and front sensing system. I am paying $475 a month for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles (no money down and I paid the taxes upfont).
    I think this was a pretty good deal. What do you think?
  • Options
    ejsmithejsmith Member Posts: 1
    I just sent an email to a local BMW dealer (Dallas, TX area). Here is the deal I sent them:

Terms: 36 months / 15k miles
    MSRP: $42,975
    Sale Price: $41,685.75
    Down Payment: $2,000
    Residual: 65% ($27,933.75)
    Money Factor: .002
    Tax Rate: 8.25%

Monthly Payment: $563.04

They sent me an email back saying that they can't control the money factor, but that everything else with the offer is fine. They also said that they are running a special for this month with no sales tax. That is a big deal in Texas since sales tax is based on the total sale price instead of the used value.

I have a couple questions:

1. My equifax credit score is 710. What kind of money factor should I expect to be getting?

2. In Texas, to calculate the total lease payment, the tax is based on the sale price only or is it sale price + fees?

3. What kind of fees should I be seeing? I'm guessing just an acquisition fee.

By my calculations, with the no sales tax offer, I should be looking at $461.88/month for this without any fees being accounted for yet.
  • Options
    1) BMWFS is pass/fail.. if you qualify, the rate is the same... base MF is .00215 this month. Dealers can mark it up, but you want the base rate.

2) Tax is most likely on selling price plus any non-governmental fees (acq.fee, doc fee, etc.) No tax would be a big, big savings. I've heard of TX dealers having tax credits available.

3) Acquisition fee of $625 (dealer can mark this up to $825), most TX dealers charge an inventory tax (it is under $100, I think, registration.. Watch out for document fees, prep fees, dealer fees.. these are all just profit padding.

With the .00215 MF, I get around $471/mo. with a $2000 CAP cost reduction..

If you use the $2000 to pay the upfront costs (1st payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, title), then the payment would be approximately $532/mo.+ tax..

No tax is a huge savings... Tax would be around $70/mo in Texas..

regards,
    kyfdx

PS: $2000 upfront and $532/mo. is a very achievable deal.. don't let them bump you up any higher.. They are only providing a $1300 discount from MSRP.. They shouldn't have to make any more from the financing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    newq7newq7 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Folks:

I've just ordered a new X3 loaded to the gills. Found an accomidating dealer and have placed an order. Now I'm figuring out leasing terms. This is my first potential BMW lease - but I've leased before and I am familiar with how leasing works.

I only lease for tax purposes. It can help accelerate tax write off of a business luxury car. The alternative is paying cash.

So, here is my question. Right now I'm being told that for a 24 month lease with 50,000 miles per year the money factor is .00215. This translates into 5.16%. Here on this site I've also seen money rates being discussed at .00200 and even someone talking about .000700 or an ultra-low 1.68%. My credit scores are north of 800 (perfect). Lastly the residual buy the car at lease end value that I'm being quoted is about 54% of the negotiated cash price,(remember 24 month at 50K miles per year).

Is this residual in line or should it be different?

Is .00215 the deepest discount money rate BMW offers right now?

Is the $625 "acquisition fee" standard or is it negotiable? BTW does the dealer get part of this?

Do you have any idea how the money rate and or the residual value may change over the next 6 to 8 weeks (the time needed to build and deliver the car)?

Many thanks,

NewQ