Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome queens207tl. Tax laws very from state to state, but in some states you can indeed still get a tax credit on your new vehicle when trading in your current one...even when leasing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    blacura1blacura1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man,

Could you pls post the money factor and residual values for a 2012 and 2013 SH-AWD w/ Tech?

I'm serious about leasing one and would like to estimate my payments.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Sure blacura1. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00052 and 44%.

There's $3,500 dealer cash on the 2012 model that you should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    blacura1blacura1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks car_man. Do you know how much higher the 12k /yr residual is?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Add 2% to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    Carman can you post MF and residuals for both 2012 and 2013 base models.
    3 year 10K
    Can you provide SH AWD numbers as well - no tech or advance.

A few posts back you mentioned Resid on a 2012 AWD tech being 44%. was that a typo?

thanks
  • Options
    crazydeocrazydeo Member Posts: 30
    Car_man,

Wondering what the residual value rates are for November for 12k and 15k miles.

Thanks
  • Options
    momo20momo20 Member Posts: 3
    My dealer in Florida has an Executive/Demo model - never registered
    2012 TL with Tech package - with 6,000 miles

what should be the lease payment for 36 months and 12,000 a year
    trying to put no money down

any advice
  • Options
    You're welcome blacura1. RE: 12k...what he said ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi chuckjr. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00118 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 TL SH AWD are .00118 and 60%.

the 2012 numbers are .00052 / 54% for the base and .00052 / 52% for the AWD. The 44% residual that you saw mentioned was likely for the '12 AWD Advance with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Sure crazydeo. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    realdeal50realdeal50 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Carman
    Wanted to see what you guys thought about this deal

I am currently being offered a 2012 Acura TL Base model with 0 out of pocket, 0 down, sign and drive for $450 taxes in for 36 months with 15K miles/yr
    This dealer is also chewing up the remaining 3 lease payments on my current vehicle which is about $900. Can't trade in my current vehicle cuz it has negative equity so best solution is to have them pay the last 3 payments.
    Is there any room here for negotiating, or is this as good as it gets?
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Options
    daveinboisedaveinboise Member Posts: 1
    I received an offer on a base TL:
    15K/0 Down/380 month excluding 6% sales tax.

I countered 12K/ 0 down/ 350 month including 6% sales tax.

Thoughts??

Trying to understand the money factor and residual rates makes me pull my hair out!
  • Options
    swa309swa309 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Could you let me know what the residual % and money factors are for the 2013 TL Base & TL SH AWD? 12k/year.

Also, were the $3,500 of incentives only for November & the 2012 models? On Edmund's incentives page, I can only find $1,000 of dealer cash for the 2013 base model & no incentives for the 2013 SH.

Thank you.
  • Options
    kingbishopkingbishop Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted $500/month for 36 months which includes all taxes an no first months payment an 12k/year. If not what should my target price be ? Thanks,
  • Options
    Certainly swa309. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 TL SH AWD are .00118 and 59%.

Yes, the higher dealer cash incentives that you mentioned were indeed only available on 2012 models. There has only been $1,000 on base 2013 TL for a while now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    tlabarberatlabarbera Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Would you happen to know the money factor and depreciation rate for 2013 TL with Tech package in January. A number of dealers are telling me they are .001 money factor and 57% depreciation for a 10,000 mile 36 month lease.
    Thanks you!
  • Options
    I certainly do tlabarbera. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    loripearlloripearl Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    Looking to lease a 2013 TL SH-AWD w/tech for 36 mo./10K miles. Here is an offer from an area dealer (best of 3 dealers visited). Any more room for negotiation here, or is this fair?

MSRP 44,040
    Cap Cost 39,057
    MF .00100
    Residual 55%
    Tax 6%
    Mo. pymt $503
    Due at signing $1395 (normal out of pocket)
  • Options
    onetitleonetitle Member Posts: 2
    Can you please supply the money factor and residual value for the 2013 Acura TL base with 10000 miles? Thanks.
  • Options
    dan1431dan1431 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man, would it be possible to provide the money factor and residual value for a 2013 Acura TL Tech and Advanced for 12,000 miles.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Options
    Hi loripearl. This car's dealer invoice price is $41,345. If we subtract the available $1,500 dealer cash from that, it drops to $39,845. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that and the money factor looks good. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for onetitle. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 (this varies by region) and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you tell me what state you are in, I can be more specific about the money factor.

There is $1,500 dealer cash on this car right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Dan. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 (they now vary by region) and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Advance is the same but its residual value is 54%.

There is $1,500 dealer cash on the base TL and $2,000 on the Advance right now. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

If you tell me what state you are in, I'll gladly give you the exact money factor for your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    onetitleonetitle Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car man. I am in NJ.
  • Options
    carqbuycarqbuy Member Posts: 67
    Do you have the lease money factor and residual value for the TL SH-AWD/w TECH FOR JANUARY @ 12,000 miles 36 mos. Can you project for Feb. Do you know if Acura usually offers President's Day incentives?
  • Options
    vettel3vettel3 Member Posts: 3
    Mr Car_Man
    Do you have the lease money factor and residual value for the TL Jan/ Feb 12,000 miles 36 mos in Orange County, CA. Any dealer incentives at this time.
    At this time I found this offer $349.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 total due at signing.

Thanks
  • Options
    You're very welcome onetitle. New Jersey is one of the states that's eligible for the better money factor, .00062.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi carqbuy. Some manufacturers do usually offer President's Day specials, but it's difficult to say whether Acura will or not. Acura's holiday enhancements typically involve enhanced conventional financing rates, so I wouldn't hold my breath for an improved lease program, but I suppose that anything is possible.

Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL SH-AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 (this varies by state) and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello vettel3. Through the beginning of March, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 TL with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car_man.

Thanks for the info, I am in FL.

I had a few minutes over lunch and went into a local dealer to see what was being offered.

I was quoted 38,686 +TAX+TITLE for a FWD TL Advanced is that a good deal? As far as I can tel that is below invoice.

Thanks again,
    Dan
  • Options
    You're very welcome Dan. You're in good shape because Florida is one of the states that the better .00062 money factor is available in.

As far as this car's selling price goes, the dealer invoice price for a 2013 Acura TL FWD Advance is $40,095. If we subtract the available $2,000 dealer cash from that it drops to $38,095. The selling price that you were quoted is $591 higher than that. If the dealer is using the correct money factor then this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    vettel3vettel3 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man Follow up;

I did end up leasing a base TL 12,000 miles 3 years for $350 tax included and $1000 drive off.
    In California.

Thanks for all your help
  • Options
    njk27njk27 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I am interested in Leasing a 2013 TL SH AWD 6-speed manual for 36 months with 15k miles per year. I wish to be as close to $400 per month (tax included 7.75% in my county) as possible with just first month payment and acquisition fee up front. Is this realistic? How much am I looking at per month? I am in Ohio.
  • Options
    You're welcome vettel3. Thanks for the update. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi njk27. I have a feeling that you're being a little optimistic about this car's payment. Let's work up a sample lease on one and find out..

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 TL AWD that has an MSRP of $40,350 and a selling price of 36,893 ($500 over invoice minus $1,500 dealer cash) through Acura in Ohio right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $445. Again that's before tax.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    And to follow up to this, the actual model with the 6-speed manual, the Technology SH-AWD, is $3730 more. The base SH-AWD car before tax in the mid $400's sounds correct, however the next step up with Technology and SH-AWD will be considerably more. Roughly, even $3730 over 3 years is approximately $100 per month, give or take. Something in the low to mid $500's before tax would seem correct.
  • Options
    ak33ak33 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

First off - CarMan - many thanks for this great service and help that you provide to us fellow car shoppers, it really is appreciated!

I needed an idea of approximately what it would cost to lease a 2013 TL with Tech package for 15k miles/yr, 36 months, in Georgia?

Many thanks for the help!

Cheers! :D
  • Options
    kwcparkkwcpark Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm new to this board.
    Can you please provide me with some help?
    I am looking to lease a 2013 TL FWD w/ Tech Package.
    $0 down taxes included and 10,000 miles a year.

I have about 2 months left on my tsx lease with lots of miles leftover and I'm shopping around.

Thank you.
  • Options
    sincere1914sincere1914 Member Posts: 6
    I don't know where you live but the dealership in NJ I got my 12 TL Tech I got it with no money down with 18k miles for $465 plus they took my 09 TL lease which over 6,000 miles over my limit. You can get the deal you want but you have to shop around to different Acura dealerships.
  • Options
    1995e36m31995e36m3 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Looking to lease a new car. TL 6-speed manual Technology SH-AWD with 17k mile per year in PA. Top tier credit, with zero down. What's a good price for the car? What would the monthly lease payment be? Thanks
  • Options
    dotmichaeldotmichael Member Posts: 6
    I too am cross shopping for a 6 speed awd - willing to come out of pocket $2000 +/- and need at least 12k a year in NJ

Is under $400 with tax possible? No need for options
  • Options
    myquicktypesmyquicktypes Member Posts: 4
    I would say yes it is possible in NJ. I was quoted 394.00 a month tax incl with 1500 out of pocket 12k per year for a tech. Only few hundred dollar difference in tech and awd. Good luck. Btw this was after 3 hours of negotiations.
  • Options
    danbizdanbiz Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease in North Jersey 2013 Tech 12k a year 36 months. I would like a sign and drive lease. If it counts I qualify for the Acura loyalty $1500 down cause i have a 2010 Tsx . What's the lowest I could get it. I would like to stay under $400 a month is it possible?
  • Options
    You're very welcome ak33. Thank you for the thanks ;).

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. First we need its MSRP and selling price. According to the new vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com, the MSRP of a 2013 TL Tech is currently $40,530.

Onto the selling price. This car's dealer invoice price is $38,059. If we subtract the available $1,500 dealer cash from that and add say $500 we come up with a selling price of 37,059.

Combine those figures with a money factor of .00062 (in Georgia) and a residual value of 54%, and I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $459.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi 1995e36m3. Assuming a selling price of $500 over invoice minus the dealer cash, I estimate that this car would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $524 in Pennsylvania.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    readyrnreadyrn Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan:
    I would like to lease a 2013TL w/ tech package. I'm in FL and looking for $0 down, 12k miles/yr. I was quoted the following:
    MSRP: $40,500 price they quoted:$36,699 Residual value $22,696.80 all inclusive. They said my lease payment would be $499.99, which wasn't adding up for me. I was trying to get closer to $450, am I being unrealistic? I do a lease turn in of a 2010 Accord EX that is under mileage by @ 6k. Can they not give me a credit for that? Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    readyrn,

I am assuming that you are looking at the FWD (front wheel drive) TL w TECH.

The MSRP ($40,500) is a match (no surprise there) and the Quoted Sell Price ($36,699) seems reasonable (it is below Edmunds own TMV of $36,849), but I agree the payment seems off.

In my case I leased a 2013 FWD w Advanced (higher trim level than TECH) and am paying less than your quoted lease payment.

If I were in your shoes I would go into the dealer and ask to see a breakdown.

Ensure that they are using the quoted sell price (some dealers sneak in a higher sell price and hope that you do not notice), ensure that they are not cramming in dealer fees which are not mandated by the state or ACURA (docs fees are the main one, in my case I had the dealer discount the car's sell price by the docs fees as state law requires that the dealer show any fees but not they must charge them), and that the money factor and residual (that I am sure carman will provide) match up.

Hope that helps,
    dan1431
  • Options
    saltyonesaltyone Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car Man-

I currently have a 2010 Acura TL and would like to lease a new 2013 Acura TL Automatic Tech Package with 20K miles annually and no money down except for 1st month's payment (including tax and title). I live in Illinois. What is a reasonable monthly payment that I should look for from a dealer?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Hi readyrn. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to y calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 TL Tech that has an MSRP of $40,500 and a selling price of $36,699 through Acura right now in Florida for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $427.

Of course, that's before any taxes or fees like the acquisition fee are added in, but it's in the area that you were looking for. I'd ask the dealer to run you through the payments to see why they are coming up so much higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.