Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• kchoffmankchoffman Member Posts: 5
    I was offered a 36 month, 10k a year lease on a 2012 TSX for 339+tax
    so 362.73 tax included a month. 0 down. 1200 total out of pocket "inception fees"

does this seem like a descent deal.
    the online "special on acura website is 350 a month 0 down plus taxes titles and fees. I wish there was a source or database where people posted their leases, instead of having to haggle with these south florida dealerships.

Thank you!
  • teddybear11teddybear11 Member Posts: 10
    When I lease mind in May 2012. I paid $1,287 out of pocket at signing and $295+tax for 35 months after that and got 15,000 miles a years for 36 months lease. Hopefully this help.
  • jefroysterjefroyster Member Posts: 17
    Was quoted the following for a TSX base:

12,000 miles per year
    $556.84 due at signing (consists of 1st payment and title/registration fees)
    $392.84 monthly payment for remaining 35 payments

Or

$0 due at signing (sign and drive lease)
    $404.68 monthly payment (you will only make 35 total payments)

TSX
    Residual for 12,000 miles per year – 60% which equates to residual value of $18,843
    Residual for 10,000 miles per year – 61% which equates to residual value of $18,157.05
    Money factor for lease with first payment and title/registration fees due at signing - .00082
    Money factor for sign and drive lease - .00072

If you wanted a TSX with the Technology Package, the payment would be about $60 more than a TSX without the Technology Package.

Quoted :
    Offer Price $28,300
    Wisconsin Title/Registration Fees
    Title/Registration: $159.00
    Other Wisconsin DMV Fees
    Vehicle registration: $75.00
    Title: $69.00
    Security interest (lien): $10.00
    Counter service fee: $5.00
    Tax & Total
    State Sales Tax $1,415.00
    Total $29,874.00

Thoughts? I do expect a money factor issue as I'm still recovering from a credit hit due to a short sale of my home for a job relocation. But, that's my worry as long as the numbers are OK.
  • melissakayjdmelissakayjd Member Posts: 2
    I was not looking to buy a new car, but my 2003 BMW 325i has an oil sludge problem that has resulted in it not getting enough oil pressure, so it just stops. The mechanic said they can try to clean it for $1000, but there is no guarantee of how long it will work. So, either spend $1000 on what will definitely be a temporary fix to a non-fixable problem, or off to get a new car. I went to the Acura dealership in Ocala, Florida, and I was offered a lease with the following terms:
    Trade in my BMW (rough trade in is $4600, so maybe worth a little less since it wont run?)
    0 due at signing
    $280 plus tax for total of $296.80 per month for 36 months
    12k per year
    I dont know if this is good or not because of the condition of my car (which i was honest with them about). Please advise. Thanks.
  • melissakayjdmelissakayjd Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to include in the post above that it is a 2012 base model that i was looking at.
  • nolagrlnolagrl Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

Received an offer to lease a 2012 Acura TSX (base model) for $2500 down, 12K, $299/month (includes taxes) and was wondering if this is a good deal. Thanks in advance- this is my first lease experience.
  • zbownaszbownas Member Posts: 3
    I'm trading in and will come out ahead about $3000, so putting that into the lease on a 2012 Sportwagon with the tech package, 15k miles/year, 36 mos I was quoted $499 a month. Is that a good price? Thanks for any help!

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :-)
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Does not look like it is. Here is what I suggest you do.

1. You have $3,000 in your trade. Tell them to cut you a check for $3,000. This is your money and should NOT be used for downpayment of any kind.
    2. Tell them that you would like to pay $425 per month with all fees and taxes included in the monthly payment.
    2. $425 is a very good deal but $430-440 are reasonable too. Once again - ALL fees and taxes included in thos amount.
  • rmpierce1rmpierce1 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man: I am in negotiations with a dealer for a new 2012 TSX Wagon with Tech. MSRP is $36,800. I have been offered a price of $32,978 (their first offer). That is nearly $4,000 off MSRP (including the $1,000 dealer cash), which I think is pretty good. I just want to make sure they don't try to make it back on me with financing.

I have done a little research and tried to find money factor and residuals, but have only been able to find them for November, or for the 2013's, or for the sedan. The dealer assured me that he can lease this car, and that the "rates" are better than they are on the 2013's. I've found 0.00011 and 52% for the Sedan for November. I'm looking at 15,000/year, with nothing down. I'll pay TTL and acquisition out of pocket. Lease tax in PA is 10%.

What should the monthly payment be for these parameters?

Are these good money factor and residuals for Dec, or have the rates changed/are they different for the wagon?

If I was at or below $450/mo, I could probably live with it. Thanks so much for your assistance.

I'd love to close this deal by Friday and have this car for the holidays. Another dealer quoted me $31,613 for a 2012 TSX Sedan w/Tech, for a payment of $480/mo (TTL/Acqisition in). MSRP was $34,005. I don't think that's a very good deal at all, either price or the lease deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rmpierce1. A $4,000 discount is a very good selling price for a 2012 TSX. There's actually a total of $1,000 dealer cash on it right now ($1,000 of that is hidden and most people don't know about) so you're probably right at around dealer invoice minus incentives.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Wagon Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $36,800 and a selling price of $32,978, and the above lease program, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $388.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tsxbytheseatsxbythesea Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted 359/mo. + tax/15K/36 mo. sign and drive on 2013 TSX base lease.
    I would like to lease a 2013 TSX w/Tech. Sales Manager told me it costs 45/mo. + tax more. That would be 404/mo. + tax. Is the Tech package worth the extra cost (1620 over lease term)?
    edited December 2012
    1. I've got a TSX tech in January for $400 per month with all fees included in monthly payments. You should be able to do as good or better now. My lease is 12K miles per year, 15K were +$6.

2. It depends. For me the tech package does worth the additional $45. You get a functional, but for sure, not the best navigation system, a backup camera (my wife really wanted it) and a decent sound system.
    Thanks! They threw in free oil changes and tire rotation for the entire least term and we closed the deal today. Another dealer wanted $60/mo. more and no maintenance. It pays to shop around.
  • rback36rback36 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Good for you! Did you put any money down or is the $404 inclusive of all the fees?

I'm in Southern California and I was quoted the following w/no money down:
    2013 TSX Base: $408/month (inclusive of estimated tax and fees)
    2013 TSX w/Tech: $468/month (inclusive of estimated tax and fees)

Both for 10k/36 months.

I'm trying to shop around to see if I can get a better deal.
  • mbac23mbac23 Member Posts: 12
    The tech package is not worth the extra $45 a month which is why I ended up getting the base model instead. I also looked at the tech package when I was at the dealership and the few extra features was not worth it. The sound system also sounded identical to the base. I leased mine for $279/mo including taxes for 36mo/12kyr with $2000 total out of pocket. I believe the dealer used the $2000 for down and paid for my registration,title, and other fees.
    Including the tax, $381 for 36 mos./15K for the base TSX, plus oil changes and tire rotations for the lease term. I only paid 1st mo. and registration, before driving it home. Fees were rolled into the lease. The other dealer wanted $60/mo. more and no service, and that was the dealer where I leased my last 5 Acuras. They used to offer the best price, but those days are over. So much for loyalty.
    It sounds like we got similar good deals. The tech package was not worth the extra $$ for me either. I did notice a slight improvement in the sound quality, but the base stereo is good enough for me. I just turned up the base and subwoofer settings.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Car_man I am looking for the newest figures and any incentives on the 2013 TSX Wagon w 10k miles for 36 mos.

Also if there are additional incentives on the 2102s that you know about I'd love to hear. There is still a handful of 2012 wagon w tech locally
    Turns out there aren't any 2013s TSX wagons to be had until the 2012 inventory is depleted. Please give me the figures for 2012 base and tech for 36 mos and 10k miles.

thanks
    Greetings chuckjr. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX Wagon with 10,000 miles per year are .00011 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for the 2012 version of this car are .00011 and 54% with $1,000 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carman. The downfall is there aren't any 2013s locally in LA. I even looked in Arizona but the 2012 inventory is still high.

FWIW locally in LA I was quoted $307 plus tax w $1000 drive off. The numbers for a tech were horrible at $417 plus tax w $1000 drive off. These were for wagons.
  • cpz1cpz1 Member Posts: 5
    Can you please tell me the residual value and the money factor for February, for 2013 Acura Special edition auto 15K, 36 months, NY ?
    You're welcome chuckjr. Interesting that there's so many 2012s still out there. Most models are well into the 2013s. In fact, there's even some 2014 models out already :surprise: .

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for cpz1. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX Special Edition with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gflan33gflan33 Member Posts: 2
    Hey carman! I'm looking to turn in my 2010 TSX a few months early and get the new TSX with Tech. Any information to help me negotiate would be appreciated! Manufacturer incentives? Dealer incentives? current lease money factor? residual value?

My first quote for 10k/year was $0 down, $430/month for 36 months. From MSRP 34505 with 19,667 left after the 36 months. They also quoted $1,972 in fees I haven't seen broken down yet, but agreed to pay about $1,050 between the 2 months left in my previous lease and the first month of this proposed lease. That left me with $1,541 in fees due at signing.

That puts the total cost to own at around $35,250

Thanks for any help!
    Hi gflan33. Unless Acura is running some sort of official early lease termination program that I am not aware of or your car is worth significantly more than its lease-ed purchase option price, you probably would be better off waiting until the scheduled end of your lease to get something new.

Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX 4-cylinder Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00011 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Acura is scheduled to introduce its new March programs on the 5th. Please feel free to post a reminder for me in this discussion and I'll be happy to provide you with an update.

Acura is not providing any cash incentives that I am aware of on the '13 TSX right now, but that may change.

Car_man
    Host
  • chanshivchanshiv Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you provide the details for 2013 TSX with tech? Thanks!
  • chanshivchanshiv Member Posts: 3
    With $2,500 total out of pocket, 10k a year, on a 2013 Acura TSX Tech, the payments will be $338 tax included. Is it a good deal? Thanks!
  • gflan33gflan33 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info! If you get a chance, could you explain how it would be significantly better to wait until the end of the lease? It seems to me that if we know the lease is coming up to end with such a low buy-out price we could work with that information now instead of waiting a couple months for the lease to end.
    Here you go chanshiv. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gflan33. The problem with trying to get out of a lease early is that unless the bank that you are leasing through is running some sort of official early termination program, there is a very good chance that you will be on the hook for all of your remaining payments on your current lease. Banks usually don't just let consumers out of their lease contracts several months early for free.

Having said that, if your current TSX is worth significantly more than its end-of-term purchase option price then there's a chance that you could get out of it early for free. Usually this proves to be the exception to the rule.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    Almost.
    Need to know what is the sales tax in your area?
    I also would not suggest putting any money down, all fees and taxes should go into the monthly payment.
    With the above in mind you are paying about $407 per month for 10K miles per year. I would like to see $390-$395 per month for 10K miles per year with all fees included in the monthly payment.
  • toonice430toonice430 Member Posts: 3
    Hello carman!

I've been reading thru this thread and it has been very helpful, but this is my first post. I'd like to lease a 2013 TSX sport wagon, base model (no tech package). My initial offer for a 10,000 mile a year 36 month llease was $393 / month with no money down, no first month payment (35 month lease technically) and $219 due at signing for registration, title, docs, etc. This includes taxes on the monthly payment, which are 9% in the state of PA.

I was able to negotiate this down to $381/ month with all else remaining the same. The residual is 61% and cap cost would be under 32,000.

Does $381 / month for 35 months including taxes with $219 due at signing and no other money down seem like a good deal? It didn't seem like the dealer was willing to go any lower without me putting money into the deal which I'm not willing to do. They also said this would be an invoice deal for them, but I'm not sure that they are going the whole way down to invoice....I thought that was closer to $31,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Welcome toonice430. You definitely find out this car's exact selling price. You can then compare it to the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com, in the New Vehicle Pricing section of the site. I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred dollars over the invoice price that is listed here. Let me know what thus number is when you find it out and I'll be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your reply. The starting cap cost was $32,264 with their first offer was $393/month, no money down.

They said that they could knock around $388 off the car, but they did not show me the new cap cost in writing. Blamed it on a bad printer. I am going to ask that he confirms the cost to me, but by my calculations it would make the cap cost of the lease approximately $31,875. This is still about $1,000 over invoice price for the car listed on edmunds.

I'm going to continue to negotiate, there should be more room, even though they said this was the best they could do. I will post my results.
    Car_man,

The salesman got back to me with the below. Does this seem like a good deal for a 2013 Acura TSX Sport Wagon / no tech package. Does the deal invoice of $30,863 include the acquisition fee? Please see below:

The deal we are offering you is a capitalized cost of $31,700, including the acquisition fee. That results in your payments being $380 (including tax) a month with only tag and title fees due at signing ($219.05). We are $563 under the advertised Capitalized Cost. You will also notice that it says dealer contribution may vary. This is to promote the idea of paying more than the advertised lease. We have not only matched the skinny deal advertised, but we have superseded it. I can assure you that you are being offered a great deal. A $32,755 Acura for $380 a month with NO money into it. Plus we are making your first month's payment.

The total discount from us is $1,650 + first month payment $380 for a total discount of $2,030.
  • zack82zack82 Member Posts: 42
    Car man,

Can you supply the residual and money factor on a 2013 Special Edition TSX for a 3 year, 10,000 mile lease as well as a 3 year 12,000 mile lease? Thanks!
    You're welcome toonice430. $1,000 over invoice still seems a little much to me for a TSX. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition I would shoot for $500 or so over.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello zack82. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX Special Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Carman,

Could you post the MF and residual for a base TSX for 24 and 36 months with 10k per year? Any incentive money on this car right now? Thanks very much.
  • jpolo2jpolo2 Member Posts: 2
    I received an offer of $399 per month for 36 on a 2013 TSX Tech with $500 at due at signing including first months payment. 12k miles per year. Does this sound like a fair deal?
    Certainly ajpbf7. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 TSX with 10,000 miles per year are .00046 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00046 and 60%.

Acura is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on this car. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,582
    Car Man-

I can only imagine how long your 'My Watched Items' list must be.

I humbly request MF and residual for the TSX wagon w/Tech for 24 and 36 mos if possible. Thanks for the help.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• bzwerlinbzwerlin Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Car_man,
    can you help with an offer evaluation for a 2013 TSX Base lease and let me know if this is a good deal:

Initial Cap: 28.5k
    Acquisition: $600
    Delivery & Handling: $470
    $30 title
    Cap reduction $625
    Total Capitalized Cost 28,900
    Resid: $18,843
    Pmt: 302 before tax
    1st payment upfront included in $1k upfront costs

MF is spot on with the forum at .00046 as is resid @ 60%. Dealer is telling me this offer is $1500 under their invoice of $30k (28,719+895 dest+400 advertising) and they cannot come any lower. I'd like to see them come down another $500. Comparatively, BMW and Volvo have some stellar leases out there (S60 & 320i) which meet/beat this deal's pricing, but are a brand improvement and neutral feature trade==>shouldn't Acura be more competitive than a luxury brand?
    HA tifighter. I watch everything ;) .

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 TSX Wagon with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00046 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00046 and 55%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bzwerlin. The dealer invoice price of a base 2013 TSX Sedan is $29,614. If we subtract the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car from that it drops to $28,614. This deal looks like it's a couple hundred dollars over invoice, not $1,500 under, but it's still a good deal.

I don't think that a Volvo necessarily should command a premium over an Acura, but a BMW certainly should. I would rather have a 3-Series than a TSX.

Car_man
    Host
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    "I would rather have a 3-Series than a TSX."

Car_man- I totally agree with that statement, but only if add the phrase "as long as it (BMW) is under warranty!"
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    I agree. The three series is a totally different experience and a good one as long as you are under warranty! The TSX is a fine car but more Honda in experience which is not a bad thing for reliability etc. I think the TSX is a little "long in the tooth"
    Thanks igozoomzoom and Car_Man. An extra set of eyes always helps. Drove the 320i base last weekend and I must say it drives fantastic. not sure we will go that road as ultimately we would flip to a finance and I don't want long term repairs on a bimmer to be sure. But it is great pressure on Acura in addition to your feedback on the pricing overall. I appreciate the feedback and insight of this community. Thanks all, will keep you posted.
    BTW, last I read there was only a $500 incentive on the TSX. When did they roll out the $1k incentive on leases? is that posted anywhere?