Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    broedmundbroedmund Member Posts: 3
    HI CAR MAN,

I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE 09 AUDI A4 PREMIUM PLUS W/O NAVI, WHAT WOULD BE A KILLER DEAL? THANKS!
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi Carman
    I have reviewed the previous comments but it looks like they relate to the 2.0 and not the 3.2. Could you provide me with the money factor and residual value for the 3.2 with tiptronic, premium plus, and maybe the bose premium sound ($650), and wood trim ($400). I know that the msrp is $40,000 and the invoice is $37,200. I live in NY and would get a 36 or 39 month lease with 12K or 15K per year.
    I assume that Audi will have new incentives in Nov due to a lack of car sales. Also, what impact would the addition of the NAV package have on this pricing?
    Thanks again for your help. It really helps my negotiating with the dealers.
  • Options
    sptcpasptcpa Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man:
    Thanks for the 12K miles #'s.
    Would you have October #'s for 10K miles per year, 36 months, for both Prem. & Prem Plus.
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • Options
    alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17
    I got the final quote from a dealer in NY
    $480 a month
    $0 Down for 2009 A4 with Premium packages, Ipod integration, 36 months, 10k miles year

Does it sound like a good deal?
  • Options
    mehra1mehra1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Looking at an A4 cabriolet quattro 2.0
    MSRP 49075
    Selling Price 47075
    MF 0.00062
    Lease with tax 601
    3 years/10,000 miles
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, sptcpa.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi broedmund. I haven't crunched the numbers, so I don't know what sort of payment would be awesome on this car, but I can tell you to try to negotiate a selling price that is as close to dealer invoice as possible. Once you have a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor (.00171).

If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the specific car that you are interested in, I can tell you what I think and work up a sample lease payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey rxke. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 55%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00189 and 53%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Steve. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are .00171 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sptcpasptcpa Member Posts: 10
    Car_man:
    Once again, thanks for the info.
    Steve
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi Car Man
    The infromation you provide makes my job of negotiating with the dealers that much easier. Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.
    RXKE
  • Options
    dmargo2dmargo2 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for all the prior advice. I plan to take delivery within the week of a 2009 A4 Prestige + Nav. I plan to lease. My question relates to residual values and miles. I tend to drive about 18 K/year. Should I pay for the miles upfront OR should I take a 15K/year lease and just pay the penalty at the end. If its the same residual, my guess is pay upfront as they tend to charge less per mile..but if they adjust residual value....then I ????? Please help and I appreciate your advice. I have not decided on a 24/30/36 month term..but I'm willing to listen to your advice re: best bang for the buck, so to speak. Thanks Dave
  • Options
    Hi alwaysarookie. It would be much easier for us to give you our opinion of this deal if you told us what the MSRP and selling price of this car are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mehra1. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services buy rate for it. That is a good thing.

Let's take a look at the other important factor, the selling price. The Audi A4 Cabrio that you are interested in has a spread of over $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I had to guess, I'd say that the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $1,500 over invoice, which isn't bad, but there's still some room there. Have you tried comparison shopping with another dealer or two. It probably wouldn't hurt. Also, make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem, Steve.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, rxke. Thank you for the kind words.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Good question, Dave. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Audi Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    dmargo2dmargo2 Member Posts: 17
    thanks. I forgot to mention..its a 2.0 A4 Prestige + Nav...please verify the MF and Residual...i'm assuming residual the same at 15K and 18K? Follow up question...how dumb is it to take the 3 year lease knowing the last 4-5K miles it will be out of warranty? Thanks again. Dave
  • Options
    mehra1mehra1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Thank you for your response
    The MSRP 49075
    I got down to 46635, the dealer invoice I was shown says 46135.
    0 down 592.89/month
    MF 0.00062
    Residual 57%
    thanks
    Mehra
  • Options
    newwheels4menewwheels4me Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can you give me the same information for a 2009 A4 2.0 premium 36 mo/12K miles per year? Also, do you (or anyone else) have recent closed lease deals in the LA area for this type of car? Much appreciated. I'm a female and constantly get jerked around by dealers by just walking in, even though I do somewhat know what I'm talking about...very frustrating...so any additional insight be extremely helpful.
  • Options
    sdseaglessdseagles Member Posts: 4
    I'm considering leasing an '09 Audi A4 Cabriolet (the 3.2 L). Can someone 'steer' me in the right direction to obtain the Money Factor and Residual for this particular vehicle? Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    Hey Dave. The annoying thing about leasing a vehicle when you know that its warranty will expire before lease-end is that if something breaks on your car during the few months that you are without coverage you will have to pay to fix it out of your own pocket or possibly face an excess wear and tear penalty. Is this likely to happen...no. Is it possible...yes.

Audi Financial Services; current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem mehra1. Thanks for the additional information on this car's price. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good deal on this car. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi newwheels4me. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0 Premium Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00171 and 54%. Unfortunately, I so not recall seeing any information on leases of this car from your area recently. You can always hop on over to the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much consumers have paid for similar cars lately and then use those prices to estimate what your lease payment would be.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi sdseagles. Here's what Audi's lease program on this car looks like right now. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 3.2 Cabriolet with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    josullijosulli Member Posts: 2
    We have been shopping for an A4 premium package, syphony, heated seats & 12,000 m/year for 36 months. Our best quote is $494/month. This includes taxes and all other charges except for the security deposit. This dealer has told us we must pay the security payment up front. We have not heard that from the other dealers. In addition, some of the other dealers have said it may be possible to have the security deposit waived.
    What is the real story with the security deposit?
    Does this sound like a good deal?
    What kind of changes are coming next month?
  • Options
    newwheels4menewwheels4me Member Posts: 2
    I just leased an A4 2.0 premium with bluetooth, syphony, 12K miles yr/36 months for $425 a month with tax, $2K down (including drive off - everything). If you add the 2K into 36 months it comes out to be $17,300 total money paid for the lease. I saw other leases for about $17,200 (lowest) and $17,280 over the course of 36 months. My dealer started really high, but as you walk out they were more negotiable. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    vkjvkj Member Posts: 67
    terms in question are for 36, 39 and 42 months for a renewing afs customer. dealer had said mf for 36 and 39 was .00167 and 42 was .00187 and then on another call said the 39 and 42 were .00187. the residuals quoted were 59, 57 and 55 respectively which seem to be correct. the car is a base premium avant model. thanks
  • Options
    Thank you. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Is there any way to know if there is an expected change in those figures for November. Also, is it still best to negotiate with the dealer at the end of the month, as opposed to the beginning? Thanks again for all your help!!
  • Options
    sedeagles, i am going to post a quote from another board by an audi salesman: "Audi leases get a total revamp next month, Acq fee goes to $625 and leasing goes to tiers as does financing through AFS."

residuals tend to drop during the year but mf may also. current lease rates were established before a lot of the recent financial melt down. not sure how aggressive finance companies can or will be in novemember
  • Options
    So what does a 'total revamp' mean? Better or worse for the consumer, considering the economy? Is that $625 higher or lower than it was? And is that negotiable?

I don't want to rush to a decision, but if it pays to negotiate a deal before the end of the month, I would consider it. Thanks again for all your help
  • Options
    but my guess given the credit crisis, it is not likely to be better. i can ask for more details.
  • Options
    Here you go, vkj. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Avant Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00187 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, sdseagles. I'm glad that you found my post helpful. Audi's October lease program is scheduled to run though November 4th. It is difficult to say what its November lease program will be like at this point.

All things being equal, it is probably better to negotiate your lease at the end of the month rather than at the beginning.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    hyhero127hyhero127 Member Posts: 2
    I really want to lease an 09' A4. Since the market is so crappy I wonder if Audi will announce any new promotion on that car soon. Does anyone think it will be worth to wait till next month?
  • Options
    dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    I heard the current promotions end on Nov 4th and they should be publishing new rates and lease programs. My current lease is up on the 24th of Nov and I would love to get another Audi A4 Q Prem + Nav, sport, cold weather, BUT do to the current issues at hand going on in this country I am not sure if spending a bunch of cash on a car is a good idea :(

Currently I am looking at the A4 sadan, but I really want the Avant, otherwise it might be a BMW IX 3 class wagon or the Volvo T5 AWD,,

Dil
  • Options
    alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17
    The best rate I got was from John @ Legend Audi in NYC. I called other audi dealers but none were willing to beat or match his rate.

Premium Plus for $530/month $0 out of pocket 10k miles a year for 36 months MSRP $39k+
    Base car $480 a month $0 out of pocket, 10k miles a year for 36 months MSRP $34k +

Although I did not get the car from them as it was for my dad and he ended up getting a Lexus. I will def be back when the new A6 comes out.

good luck hunting
  • Options
    vmichaelvmichael Member Posts: 22
    hi,

i'm in the sf bay area and am considering leasing a 2009 a4 2.0t; i called a local dealer today (probably going to buy at the end of november) and the number thrown out for a 2.0t sedan, prestige with nav and audi drive select (msrp ~46,500) was $725/month (includes tax) with $2500 total down/drive away. sounds high to me. what do you guys think? thanks.

vincent
  • Options
    superfan13superfan13 Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I'd share my lease information on the board. I leased a black on black 2009 Audi A4 2.0T quattro with Premium package, SIRIUS and Bluetooth, 36 month lease with 15,000 miles. I paid $750 total out of pocket and my payment is $494/month.
  • Options
    hi superfan13,

would you mind posting the msrp and the actual selling price? and does $494 include taxes? thanks!
  • Options
    hi car_man,

can you please post the numbers for november when you have them? i am looking at a 36 month lease, 10,000 miles for a a4 2.0t prestige. if the numbers are different for a 24 month lease (everything else the same), can you post those, too? thanks!!
  • Options
    trinityklmtrinityklm Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for November buy rate and residual for A4 Avant w/prestige pkg., 36 months 15, 000 mile lease.

I'm being quoted inflated numbers, I believe: mf .00229 and residual at 50%

Any ammunition would be appreciated!
  • Options
    marcovichmarcovich Member Posts: 3
    Car Man:
    I am about to purchase an 09 A4 Premium Plus
    the offer is $1,778.24 in startups and $548.47 / month including florida sales tax 6.5%. I believe the startups include an acquisition fee of 595, dealer fee of $389 the first payment of $548, $185 plates and $8.50 battery/ tire fee.
    I don't care about Nav, but I need a decent stero,the premium model is not very good. Hoping the symphony is better.

Is this a good deal? I want a good deal, but don't want to beat the dealer up too much, as they are friends and clients.

Thanks
  • Options
    rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The 6 CD symphony is better than the concert. Most A4 premiums are required to get the 6 CD symphony from the factory right now on the order guides, and not a lot of A4 have just the base single CD concert.

One plus of gettting the nav system is there is an extra subwoofer control in the MMI. The radio definately sounds richer and more full when you have the nav system.
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Awaiting Nov or Dec lease promotions on either the A4, TL or ES as October sales were almost 30% down. Have received approximate numbers for three individual dealers, but have not sat down and negotiated the final numbers. Have ample time and patience. Just want to make the best decision as I will have to live with this vehicle for three years. Any information you with to share with me directly on the reason for going with the ES 350 is appreciated.
  • Options
    ferkyferky Member Posts: 20
    I don't know what the November MF and residuals are for the '09 A4, so I can't crunch my own numbers, but I was just offered this deal and think that it sounds pretty good:

'09 A4 2.0T Quattro
    Premium plus
    Nav
    12,000 miles per year
    42 mo. lease
    $40,500 MSRP
    $36,877 sale price ($800 under Edmunds' calculated invoice)
    $1,426 due at signing
    --------------- $530/mo., which includes PA's 9% tax

Thoughts?
  • Options
    cdepaolacdepaola Member Posts: 11
    With the numbers you stated and assuming the PA state tax is calculated on the monthly payment vs the sale price like in Illinois you can do better. They are playing the the numbers someplace. I would look more in the $470 to $500 range.

However that's using last months money factor and residual. I've heard those numbers didn't move in a favorable direction in November.

The calculator at this website Lease Guide is good as is the one here on Edmunds and both get right in that range. I used them myself to negotiate my lease and I think I got a rather good deal.
  • Options
    Hi vmichael. Here is the information that you are looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00171 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    marcovichmarcovich Member Posts: 3
    The deal in Penn looks like a great one.
    can anyone tell me what I should be leasing an 09 premium plus without Navigation for? Thanks
  • Options
    Hi trinityklm. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Avant Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 50%, respectively. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted is a little higher than the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.