Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Few questions:

1) Cadillac has a purchase cash back of ~$5642 on a buy.

2) You stated above Ally's has a $3,800 incentive, which being a 3rd party lease company and their incentive is their own, not GM.

3) So being a 3rd party lease company (I know Ford does this for cars they don't have programs for) -- so I purchase the CTS-V Sedan, am I entitled to the $5600 from Cadillac + the $3800 from Ally's? roughly netting $9400 in incentive money? Does U.S. Bank have any incentive cash? I've leased a few cars from them.

Lastly,

what is the current money factor and residual for the 2011 (or 2012??) CTS-V Sedan? cars.com shows the money factor at 0.0006 or 1.45% interest rate, but I can't find the residual on a 36 month/10K miles a year lease. Also, any changes with the August program?

I very much appreciate the assistance.

Best Regards,

Damon

[email protected]
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey chrisc318. Using the prices that you mentioned and a selling price of $1,000 over invoice, I estimate that this car would have a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $558.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Tom. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.15% and 43%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the massive $6,425 cash incentive that is available on 24-mo. and $5,925 that is available on 36-mo. leases of this car through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Damon. General Motors regular consumer cash incentives cannot be used on leases through Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 46%, respectively.

General Motors July incentives are scheduled to run through September 6th

Car_man
    Host
    >Hi Damon. General Motors regular consumer cash incentives cannot be used >on leases through Ally, US Bank, or GM Financial.
    >
    >Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 >CTS-V Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 46%, respectively.
    >
    >General Motors July incentives are scheduled to run through September 6th
    >
    >Car_man

Car_Man,

Thanks for the quick reply. The comment on the cash not being used on leases is curious. Since technically, since GMAC isn't doing the lease, I "buying" the car and using another institution to finance it (likely US Bank since I've done a lot of business with them). So I don't see how or why they'd care, since it's technically a buy - how or where I use that cash back is up to me (Ford for example, not only has a lease incentive for outside leasing of $1500 and they let you keep the cash back as though they were leasing.

Kind of makes sense why GM as whole is in the hole... particularly on a vehicle most are likely to lease (CTS-V). The customer base for that type of vehicle or cars in that price range are generally lease candidates for it's consumer base which tends to lease wanting a new car every 2-3 years -- and you'd think they'd want to make it as attractive as possible given it's rather poor residual. Oh well, something to consider.

On a side note, I'm also going to be picking up a 2012 Mustang GT (brembo pkg) to replace the 2011 I had. Do you happen to know what US Bank's current program is on the car? I know back in May on a 36/mo, 12K mile/yr it was 64% residual and .00182 MF. Has that changed or maybe gotten better (no likely , lol).

thanks again, I appreciate the help.

Best,
    damon
  • quikguardquikguard Member Posts: 1
    http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/index.jsp

I'm seeing an $8,625 incentive for CTS-V Wagon, and $7,625 for CTS-V Sedan leases!!! Is this correct?! I'm in San Francisco

I've been checking every day...this just came up TODAY!!!
    QuickGuard:

I'm looking at Cars.com (which is imo the most complete in listing incentives for the most part).

However, the numbers I'm seeing on the sedan are $6625 (I'm 400 miles south in Los Angeles).

they list a bunch of incentives, I wonder which are "stackable" so to speak...

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/incentivesModel.jsp?zc=90292&myid=11781-

$6,625 *1 exp. 9/6/11
    ---or---
    $6,625 *1 exp. 9/6/11
    ---or---
    $6,450 *1 exp. 9/6/11
    ---or---
    $2,000 *2 exp. 9/6/11
    ---or---
    $1,000 *2 exp. 9/6/11
    ---or---
    $1,000 *2 exp. 9/6/11

(* notes program, but none are detailed all that well in the fine print - i.e. may be combined... but doesn't list which ones).

Car Man - Back to a question I asked before.

If I'm leasing through a 3rd party bank (say US Bank as example). I'm technically purchasing the car and US Bank is paying the dealer for the purchase, so my lease/loan contract is with the 3rd Party bank. So how or on what basis can GM deny the cash back incentive on what is technically a buy from their stand point. This is the first I've ever heard of this type of practice and I've bought a lot of cars (22 in less years than I've been driving). I've always been able to keep the cash incentive if leasing 3rd party.

Also do you happen to know which (if any) of the incentives can be combined?

Thanks,

Damon
    Hi quikguard. General Motors' cash incentives on the CTS vary by trim level, term, and bank. If you were to lease a 2011 CTS-V Wagon through Ally right now for 36 months, the cash incentive would be $6,625. The cash incentive for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan would be $6,925.

These allowances are $1,000 higher than they were last month, but I haven't seen the higher amounts that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Damon. US Bank is one of the three banks that General Motors has a special arrangement to run special lease programs on its vehicles through (along with Ally and GM Financial). GM is paying to buy down the special lease rates that US Bank is offering on its vehicles so it has the right to not let consumers combine these bought down rates with its normal cash incentives if it so chooses.

Having said this, GM does have large special cash incentives that it is providing on deals through US Bank right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    I understand that the interest on a 24 month lease on a CTS Performance model is 1.15%. Does anyone know what the residual is on this for 12k miles/yr? Thanks!
  • anonguyanonguy Member Posts: 1
    I've seen a gm family first deal for $297 down $297 per mo 30K/36mo on $37K MSRP for 2011 CTS sedan.

I want to upgrade to AWD and thinking it should run about $17/mo more.
    I would like to splurge and get the Red Tint coat and maybe the sunroof for another 23 more.

This would be my first lease... is there anything I should watch out for?
    residual... option to buy surcharge, etc?
  • drsteindrstein Member Posts: 9
    Hi
    What are the exact leasing incentives right now on a CTS Sedan?? I understand that there are $3000 incentives on 2011s through Cadillac off of MSRP. I'm aware that the lease through Cadillac (Ally??) right now is $359/month w/ $999.00 down based on a $37,415 figure. I guess what I'm really trying to figure is, if I wanted to lease a $40,000 2011 CTS, how low could I likely get that car for? What is Ally offering money wise ?? Getting the dealer down to invoice, or less, minus the $3000 Cadillac incentive, plus whatever Ally's incentive is might make for a very nice deal, I just have no idea what it is. How much lower might I get that $359 a month figure?? I may not be asking these questions correctly...I'm not too familiar w/ leasing Any help with the numbers would be appreciated....
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Member Posts: 31
    The 2012 Cadillac Coupe was in dealer showrooms September 1st.
    I ordered my 2012 coupe the first week of August and it was delivered September 2nd. I love it, great lines, comfortable and it handles great on the road.
    Cosmo
  • df55df55 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

Can you help me with the current lease deals on a base Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD. I see incentives of around $6,000 on cars.com for leases. But I have trouble finding residuals and money factors to use with the incentives to come up with a good monthly number.

Around 3 year lease with 12k miles per year is what I am looking for but can be flexible if there are extra incentives on other terms.

Thank you.
    The interest rate that you were quoted is correct, archaicrelic. Ally's 24-month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a CTS Sedan 3.0L Performance is 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drstein. General Motors is currently providing a whopping $7,350 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2011 Cadillac CTS through Ally. this cash is not compatible with the $3,000 incentive that you mentioned.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus the aforementioned cash incentive. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you want I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi df55. Ally's current cash incentive for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD is $4,200. Its base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of tis car are 0.59% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • sanguitosanguito Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hi. I've been haggling with local dealership for a week now. Below is basic figure:

1) MSRP: $ 37,595 (base model with auto trans.)
    2) Invoice Amount: $ 35,486
    2) Cap Cost: $ 34,684

Their latest lease figure (offer) is:
    1) $ 2800 total drive off
    2) $ 311 monthly including tax
    3) 36 months
    4) 10k per year

I mentioned to the dealership about available $ 7650 cash incentive from manufacturer to put towards lease program, but they just wouldn't budge. I am aiming to lower the monthly payment to 280~290 including tax. Am I being unreasonable? I think I need to bump the mileage to 12K. Pls let me know the reasonable price I should set my goal to. There are 5 cars (base with black raven color) left in radius of 200 miles from where I live, so I am thinking about grabbing the car tomorrow.

Pls let me know!

Thanks,
    Sang
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    If that cash incentive is correct, it may be only for a 2011. You don't say the year.

You can get the payments down with a bigger down payment, but that doesn't save you any $ overall. I have leased from GM with just a drive off of the first lease payment, but of course the payment was higher.

Out your trade-in and GM points against the cap cost.

The 10k miles lowers the cost, but you will owe $ if you go over that, unless you want to buy it for the residual.

Get the incentive if it still exists. Prove it to them.
  • tina_louisetina_louise Member Posts: 2
    I need help! This is for a CTS Sedan Premium AWD: MSRP is 51,340, dealership asking price is 41,146. I have a trade-in for 6,000 which brings price down to 35,146. The lease is 36 months, 12k mile a year. They told me over the phone the monthly lease would be $499. I was expecting the montly to be around $350. Lease is through Ally.

They explaineed how they got to the number but it still doesnt click. Can you help?
    First you have to know if they are writing you a check for the 6,000 trade or using it to reduce the cap to 35,146. Make sure they don't steal your trade. GM lease papers are clear on leases I have had.

The $499 sounds high to me. I don't know exact residual for 36 Mo, 12K.
    Using 42%, residual is 21,420.
    35,146 - 21,420 = 13,726 + guessing 700 for lease and
    guess 1000 interest = 15,426 / 36 = $430.

I don't see why they have $499, nor how you expect $350.
    If your state sales tax is high and in there, then maybe it will get to $499.
    Make them show you the lease paper. You have to see it to sign it.
  • tina_louisetina_louise Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! this does help. So, is it better to have them write me a check for my trade-in or reduce the cap to 35,146? What does it mean to "steal my trade"?
    It's up to you if you want a trade-in check to blow or invest now, or have lower payments.

By steal your trade, I only meant to make sure the trade value is not missed in your deal.
  • dannyinomahadannyinomaha Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Would you know the residual and MF on a 2011 CTS AWD luxury, 10k miles per year lease?

How about the same for 2012?

Thanks.
    I certainly do dannyinomaha. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Luxury AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 0.95% and 49%.

When negotiating your lease on the CTS make sure to take the lease cash that is available on it right now into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    Carman, please help. I am in the market of a 2012 CTS- coupe BASE model, MSRP is About $40,000. What is the
    money factor,
    residual,
    any incentives for a 36mos lease 10k miles???
    I want to lease 2012 CTS coupe for 36mos, 10k mi., with ONLY $1500 out of pocket total and tax rolled on to my paymtns (which I think is about $3000, since I live in Texas)

Tell me what are my monthly payments should be??

Also what about 39mos Lease, what would I pay monthly???
    edited October 2011
    ths is the offer I got. I think they are screwing me on the APR

Enclosed is the break-down of the lease:

MSRP: $39,160
    Purchase Price: $34,250
    Sales Tax: $2,217.19
    Total Purchase Price: $36,467.19
    Dwn. Pymt. $1,500.00
    Ist mth Pymt. $474.00
    Total Liability: $34,493.19

38 Months @ $474.00 = $18,012.00
    Residual: $19,580.00

Total Amount Paid by Customer: $19,986.00 Includes Down, First Pymt & Total of Monthly Payments.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    ..with Luxury package, moonroof, etc.. MSRP $44625.

For 39mo/39K lease, quoted $445/mo. + tax, with around $800 due at signing...

This included $2000 in private offer rebate...

Thought that was reasonable, but ultimately, my wife didn't like it all that much.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

how did you get the private offer rebate???
    It came in the mail... I get updated ones frequently...

Not sure how I got on the list.. maybe, I signed up on the web for "future info" or something like that...

But, they definitely keep a list... I didn't have the certificate with me, but the salesperson looked it up on-line...

On a related note... he just called, and offered to use special "coupons" for GM that they had... said they were $250 each, and he could give me two... That would knock about $13/mo. off the previous quote.. Told him that my wife really didn't love the car... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robgoodfellowrobgoodfellow Member Posts: 5
    The dealer told me yesterday that while there are still 2011 CTSs available Ally does not now offer a lease package. He also told me that US Bank was doing them but the monthly rate would be considerably higher due to the bank using a residual of around 35% vs about 41% residual for a 36 mo. lease through Ally.

Seeing that it's a moot point which is cheaper since Ally doesn't offer 2011 leases do you know the current money factor for a 2011 CTS sedan is from US Bank?

Thanks

Rob
    The guy we went to... said don't even bother trying to lease a 2011.. said those deals ended on the 3rd..

Also, checked both Ally and USBank on the 2012 models, and USBank came out lower....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The dealership here in Orange Cty, CA says there are 2011 CTSs available and said that only US Bank is doing them. Is he misinformed? Now, US Bank has withdrawn them as well?
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure you can still lease a 2011... the issue is whether it is cost-effective in comparison to a 2012...

The guy I talked to said the lease on the 2011 would be more than the 2012... because of lack of manufacturer support for the lease...

If you wanted to purchase, that would be a different matter..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

DO you happen to know the 2012 36 month rate. I heard it was .95 with 45%.

Thx
    Hi toyoman8. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 58%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,075 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey toyoman8. If you provide us with this car's MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price, which you can find here, I would be happy to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • bluffsbluffs Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man ,
    I need your help/opinion,please.
    I am in process of getting my next lease.
    Here is the dealers offer:
    2012 Cadi CTS AWD Base, $39,990MSRP
    -Ally, 39mon. , 12k/year ,
    -$309/mon. , $328 with MA tax,
    -$1500 out of pocket (all included - first payment $328, bank fee $475 ?!?,doc fee ~$300, DMV and ect., some is cash reduction I guess ).

What do you think, is there room for further negotiation?

P.S. I'm using $2000 private offer from GM(current lease).
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Carman,
    I was interested in leasing the car for my father who live in Syracuse,NY. The 2012 CTS AWD luxury line, With MSRP of $43,235, I see it has an invoice of $41,745.I was looking for 36mo/12k. He has a $2000 offer from GM, he had a CTS before. Are there other incentives for the car currently? Carman, what is the MF and residual value for this vehicle. I wanted to go with $0 drive off as well. T :blush: hank you very much for your help.
    Carman, I am not sure about the incoive for the vehicle that I requested, I also found $40,898 on an MSRP of $43,235. Thanks
    Msrp is $44625, invoice $42996.25. Selling price $43200 minus $2000 gm targeted,and minus $3650 consumer cash totalling $5650 . Dealer says cap is $37,550. He say's I have to $1853.59 taxes based on $43,200. MF is .00045,RV is 52%. Total out of pocket is $834.16( out of this license plates are 372.5 need new plates) with a monthly payment of $461.66 tax included for 39 months on 12k. IS this good? I am confused.
    2012 CTS AWD, 39,12k. Carman I was also offered 0 out of pocket and 38 months at $489.08 tax included on and MSRP vehicle 44735 with invoice 42875.95. :confuse:
  • bluffsbluffs Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone post all rebates/incentives available from GM for 2012 CTS AWD Base Sedan Lease through Ally, US Bank, GM Finanace,any dealers' cash, etc.?
    Numbers I have are : GMF $1500, US Bank $3950, Ally $3750.

What are the best terms for each program, money factors, residuals?

For a vehicle with $39990 MSRP , where the sale price should be before any rebates?

No presence of car_man in last 10 days. Interesting?!?
    Carman, this is the deal I am going to go with on the 2012 CTS AWD MSRP $44625.: 39mo/12k, $0 out of pocket dealer will cover 1st month payment and I am at $468.86 tax included for the remaining months. Your thoughts?
    Hey nacho2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a massive $5,100 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 CTS Sedan through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bluffs. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively. I don't think that the programs from US Bank or GM Financial are any better than the Ally program.

The cash incentives on leases of this car are $5,100 plus a waiver of the first month's payment through Ally, $4,100 + first payment through US Bank, and $3,400 through GM Financial.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives. You can find this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nacho2. Please see my previous post to the answers to some of the questions that you had earlier. I would be happy to evaluate this deal for you, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,
    Thank you very much for your help. My father picked up the car at the end of October. Thank you for your assistance.
  • raizelgsraizelgs Member Posts: 84
    Carman
    Are the cash incentives that you quoted for leases also offered on purchases of the CTS Coupe?
This discussion has been closed.