Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    danjulieodanjulieo Member Posts: 4
    Carman - Are these good lease deals and is one better than the other? Highlander SE AWD - selling price $32,947.00, lease rate .00125, $20,697.00 residual, 36 mo./12k miles, 7% tax(IL) - $497.99/mo. with no drive off cost and first month waived; and/or RAV4 ltd. AWD - Selling price $27,956.00, lease rate .0007, $18,307.00 residual, 36 mo./12k miles, 7% tax(IL) - $379.41/mo. with no drive off cost and first month waived. Both include free oil/std. maintenance for 2 years.
    My current lease ends 6/30 and I have made the last payment. What is the likelihood that these deals continue into June? Is there any incentive to jump on one of these deals by 6/2 when they supposedly end? Both of these #'s seem to easily beat other current lease deals for cars this loaded. Thanks
  • Options
    apwalshapwalsh Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the new June MF and Residual rates have been posted for yet? If so, what are they? Figures on 12k/yr would be great.

Thanks!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey apwalsh. The Highlander's lease program varies depending upon which one of Toyota's twelve regions you are in. If you let us know what state you are and either myself or someone else will try to give you an idea of what this model's lease program is currently like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    danjulieodanjulieo Member Posts: 4
    I am interested in Illinois. The May quote given to me still stands. I am looking to close on this next week. Thank you.
  • Options
    chi2chi2 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to figure out ballpark ranges for what should be a good deal for a 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited lease, 36 months, 12K/year in California.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi chi2. In all the areas that I have seen Toyota's lease program, it is not currently providing support on the 2010 Highlander Hybrid.

As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time I checked, TFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor was .00255 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Highlander Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year is 61%. Keep in mind though that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it very difficult for individual consumers to work up payment on vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    blockcarblockcar Member Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2010 Highlander SE for the following terms:
    36 Mos
    12K/Yr
    $393/Mo including taxes
    Gave dealer 1st mos lease payment + title/registration + $395 down
  • Options
    irnctyirncty Member Posts: 3
    Hi blockcar, sounds like a great deal.

What region do you live? Was this 4x4? And what was the MSRP, sell price, residual % and money factor?

I'm looking for a SE 4x4 Highlander and would take this deal in a heartbeat.

thanks.
  • Options
    hmarthmart Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm new here and just trying to figure out if I'm am getting a good lease offer on a 2010 Highlander SE 4x4. Sticker is $35,333, I would be trading in a 2007 4-runner sport which they are giving me $21,500 and I owe $18,600.

Offer is $460/month
    3 years/15,000 miles
    I live in WV

If you need any more info, please let me know, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    7titles7titles Member Posts: 1
    Is there any information on the residual values and money factor for a Highlaner limited in Oklahoma? Im playing with .0012-.0015 and 57%, but perhaps I'm too optimistic. Basically looking to pay 400$ a month on a 35000 MSRP with maybe a thousand paid up front on fees and first payment. Then tag/title on top of that.

I appreciate it
  • Options
    shpuntshpunt Member Posts: 9
    Carman,
    I wonder if July residual and MF numbers have been released.
    Was presented with a deal on SE AWD in Westchester county of NY.
    $429 a month (taxes included) on 36 months 12K miles.
    Upfront: first month payment + MV fees - $430 + $250 (approximately).
    According to previous months lease numbers - this is a descent deal - $10-15 more than what my calculations show. But they aren't really open to discussing any upgrades on the car - such as leather, blue tooth system, etc. Nor any complimentary service offers as many dealers advertise.
    Do I have any leverage to squeeze a little more out of this deal?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    dgfellonadgfellona Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to Lease a 2010 Highlander SE 4WD 3.5L V6 36 month 15,000k mile... but I've never leased and I don't know how low I should price. Looking for ballpark numbers I can shoot for at the dealship? What kind of monthly payments am I looking at?
  • Options
    Wisconsin
    4X4
    $35,050
    I don't know the residual % or money factor
  • Options
    eleven03eleven03 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man, you really are the man! We all appreciate the insight you bring and I especially am appreciative of all the information you have given me on my past 3 leases.

I'm onto my fourth and am also considering the Highlander. So, if you don't mind, do you have the July, S. Florida, TFS MF & Residual rates on a 15,000mile/yr SE 2WD V6? And if you wouldn't mind, the effect on the rates if I go with a Limited rather than an SE.

Thanks
  • Options
    basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    HI blockcar,

i'm in the milwaukee area looking for the same exact Highlander. what dealer did you go to and can you tell me what your residual %, money factor and purchase price was. Why did you put down $395? Did you pay and Acq and Security deposit?

toyota is running the special on that same highlander for $419 plus take for 36/36,000 $0 down, $0 first month, $0 sec, $0 acq fee. But your deal sounds better.
  • Options
    I got it from Heisler. I was aware of that promo but figured I'd change up the terms to try and get a better deal- I think I saved a few bucks but not much. I paid 1st mos lease payment plus title and registration plus $395 down. I think the purchase price was $35,050. Not sure about residual % and money factor.
  • Options
    shpuntshpunt Member Posts: 9
    An update - if anyone is interested.
    Put a deposit on an SE AWD in Classic Silver Metallic.
    The deal is $425 a month with taxes and bank application fee included in monthly payments.
    Upfront charges - first month payment + MV fees.
    On the current TFS program - confirmed with 2 dealerships.
    MF - 0.0008
    36 months/12K miles a year residual - 58%.
    This is for Westchester County, NY.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    irnctyirncty Member Posts: 3
    Is MF regional? The best I can find with Tier 1 credit is 0.00115 from TFS for a Highlander SE.
  • Options
    yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35
    Dear Car Man/Forum Members,

Very appreciative for all of the great information!

Looking to get information on August leasing rates (money factor, residual) for a Highlander Hybrid Limited AWD in Northern California/Bay Area.

Would do 12K per year/3 or 4 years. Would also look to add navigation and extra value package #3 (actually would be happy w. just the moonroof).

With 0 money down, wondering what I should expect for a monthly payment.

I had read from an earlier posting that Toyota doesn't provide attractive lease programs for the hybrid versions of Highlander (money factor of 0.00255). Wonder if this is true in all regions...

Thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    riley27riley27 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I live in PA.

I just leased a 2010 Highlander SE AWD 3.5L V6 (model 6953A). the terms of my lease are as follows:

MSRP $35,015
    Neg Price $31,000
    Cash Down $1,999
    Money Factor 0.00115
    Residual $20,358
    36 month, 12k/year
    $372/monthly payment (tax included)

was this a good deal or bad?? let me know....

also, i forgot to mention that i did the above deal in JULY, last Wednesday to be exact...
  • Options
    rneff50rneff50 Member Posts: 1
    Just pulled the trigger on a new Highlander SE in the PA Suburbs.
    4x4, V6, Leather, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Heated Seats

Lease for 36 months, 12k miles per year.

Payment was $415 per month including tax with $1000 out of pocket at lease signing.

Good deal?
  • Options
    scoot84scoot84 Member Posts: 21
    Carman and/or fellow forum members - I greatly appreciate the information this forum provides. Can you tell me the current money factor and residual value on 2010 Highlander Limited AWD with extra value package.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Hi scoot84. Toyota's lease program varies by region. You never mentioned shat state you are in, so for now I will assume that you are its New York region just to give you an idea of what this vehicle's current program is like.

Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Highlander Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

While this residual value looks outstanding at first glance, it is misleading. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes its real world residual values lower than its published percentages appear AND difficult for consumers to work up sample payments on vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    arvanarvan Member Posts: 6
    Is there a differences in the TFS lease rates for a 2010Highlander SE vs. 2011?
    I just negotiated a deal in NY for $430/month for 3x36 lease with first month's down thinking it was a 2011 and then was told it was only for a 2010 and that the rates for 2011 were higher. Coincidently, I got a quote from a different dealership for a 2011SE with close $441/month (without negotiation) for a car with the same MSRP $35K approx.
    Anyone?
  • Options
    dechodecho Member Posts: 20
    Upstate NY
    Highlander Base V6 AWD 3yr/36k
    Mo Pyt 330.00
    about 2k upfront (tax, 1st pyt, 695 acq fee.
    I can also shop in MASS for this car.
    Good deal?
    Thank You all!
  • Options
    gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_man,

Does a reduction to 12k miles per year have any impact on the 2010 AWD Limited numbers you provided to scoot84 in post #481?

Do you have any info on what options are and are not residualizable (if that is a real word)?

Thanks

gperr
  • Options
    vwp1000vwp1000 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Riley,

I think that is a great deal and would love to get one myself. Can you tell me what dealership you leased from? Sure will save me a lot of hassle.

Thanks.
  • Options
    gilamonster1gilamonster1 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Car_Man

Thanks for the all the great info over the years. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking for the toyota lease incentive numbers for a 2010 base v6 4WD for both Maryland and NY.

I am debating whether its worth a trip down south.

PS do options or value packages change the numbers ?

Thank You
  • Options
    sassimizsassimiz Member Posts: 16
    We just priced a 2010 Highlander base 4wd at $375/mth for a 36 month lease- sign and drive (nothing down except first month and fees)

Does this sound about right?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    2010, 3yr, 36k Base Highlander
    MSRP 30,880
    Selling Price 27,773..
    1500.00 total out of pocket upfront
    Mo. Pymt= 319 per month
    should I pull the trigger?
  • Options
    tom2010thtom2010th Member Posts: 2
    2010 SE 4WD
    Western New York
    MSRP 35k
    3yr/36k lease
    2100 total out of pocket
    including all taxes and fees
    350/month
    Great deal?
  • Options
    arvanarvan Member Posts: 6
    Could you please tell me the name of the dealership?
  • Options
    bubbagatorbubbagator Member Posts: 1
    Decho,

seems like a good deal...Where are you located? Did you pick it up?

I was offered same model for 1500.00 total down Monthly payment of $350 per month. I am in VA outside of DC.
  • Options
    tom2010thtom2010th Member Posts: 2
    West Herr
  • Options
    Bubba,
    went in today to close the deal- the car was sold!..i have a feeling they never would have sold it to me...they have sister delaerships 100 miles away, they wouldn't guarantee me the car from the other dealership...i think, they'll take my deposit and my car won't be "located" til after 9/7 and then I'd pay the new lease program rate...call me paranoid, but thats what I'm thinking!
  • Options
    All,
    as an FYI- I just picked up my wifes 2010 6cyl AWD lease.
    1300.00 total out of pocket, 330 per month lease.
    Car has sticker of 30880 (base with cold weather pkg, extra value pkg and mats) and 2yr 25k free maintenance.
    Great car so far-decided against leasing another murano s. Base murano has much less equipment:
    no roof rails
    no heated mirror
    no heated windshield wiper de-icer
  • Options
    mabcmabc Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Can you please provide me the residual and money factor for the lease of a 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, top tier credit in southern California, 36 month 15k miles/yr. MSRP is $48,194, invoice approx $44,207. Thanks.
  • Options
    riley27riley27 Member Posts: 2
    vwp1000 - sorry for my delayed response. i got that deal with Conicelli's Springfield, PA location. good luck!
  • Options
    pacopgpacopg Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man forums members.-

Thanks for all the valuable information so far, if somebody could please provide me the residual and money factor for the lease of a 2010 Toyota Highlander SE V6 awd top tier credit in Scottsdale, AZ, 36 month 12k miles/yr. MSRP is $35,200 Thanks.
  • Options
    pacopgpacopg Member Posts: 2
    I just made the above post, after bringing my wife to check out the HL we decided on a 2010 base 4cyl 2wd. The MSRP is @$28,902. Can somebody please let me know the residual and money factor on this vehicle for 36mos/36k miles lease. I am located in Scottsdale, AZ with top tier credit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 92
    Hi Carman,

Could you please post the MF & residual for the 2010 and 2011 Base Highlander with the V6 engine. This lease would be for 36 months and with 10k per year. I am in KY. As always, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    croatbagcroatbag Member Posts: 21
    Just signed a buyers order here are my terms

MSRP: 39,855
    Purchase Price: 35,900
    Payment: 470/month
    Money Down:1,444.00 which was all fees except taxes plus 1st month payment
    Residual: 20,724.60

3 year 12K/year

Any good? Seemed good to me.
  • Options
    Hey gperr. The money factors for all mileage allowances are exactly the same, but the residual values for 12,000 mile per year leases are 2% higher than the resids for 15k leases.

Unfortunately, TFS is fairly cryptic about what options can be residualized. It is so confusing that they provide dealers with long lists of the dollar residual values for the specific units that they have in stock rather than relying on them to calculate them themselves.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks and you're welcome gilamonster1.

Toyota Financial Services' current New York region buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base Highlander V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The problem with these numbers is that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for consumers to calculate lease payments on their own.

I don't think that you'd be able to do any better by leasing this truck in Maryland. In fact, it might actually cost you more to lease one there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    madtownericmadtowneric Member Posts: 1
    and let me just say, this is a fantastic site. Just got an account tonight to mention that I've used the posts and the CarMan forum here for years. Because of what I learned here, got a great deal on a 2007 Honda Odyssey, and that's what we turned in today, in exchange for a new Highlander. Had a great lease on the Odyssey, got a better one (I think on the Highlander).

Here were my numbers from Smart Motors in Madison (highly recommend this dealership, very professional, low pressure).. they gave me a $2k credit for my Odyssey, the lease expires on that in 14 days.

MSRP: $35235
    Sales price: $32136
    Credit for Odyssey: $2000
    Drive off out of pocket: $469 (includes first payment, tags)
    Payment with tax and GAP: $380.60/month
    3-year, 36k lease

Did have them put on cross bars on the roof rack which rolled in an extra $229.

Very happy to get a $35k (MSRP) vehicle, with leather heated, 3rd row seats, 4WD, rearview camera, for just $380/mo.

Thanks, CarMan!
  • Options
    shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    Enjoy your new Highlander, I just picked up mine here's my deal

MSRP: $35688
    Sales price: $32xxx
    Drive off out of pocket: $750 (includes first payment, tags)
    Payment with tax and GAP: $426/month
    3-year, 36k lease

Truck has pearl white paint,bluetooth,roof rack,mud guards,wheel locks
  • Options
    ejb75ejb75 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Can't find a 2010 in WI so have to go to IL. This is "gift" for husband returning from deployment so need to make sure I am getting a good deal. These are the figures from the dealership.

Vehicle Price/MSRP: $29,145.00
    Theft Protection Program: + $199.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $3,224.00
    Selling Price: $26,120.00

Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $75.00
    Lien Fee: + $10.00
    Title Fee: + $73.50
    Documentation Fee: + $154.38
    Electronic Filing: + $19.50

Residual is $14570.25. With $3000 down (which includes first lease payment, license and title fees), payment would be $301/mo. Adding gap would be about $15/mo mor.

Is this a good deal?

Thank you!
  • Options
    shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    I would say it's high based on my lease. Also would advise not to put any money down on a lease. Also I believe toyota has a military rebate.
  • Options
    ejb75ejb75 Member Posts: 2
    Got most questions answered when the dealership just called. WI tax is only applying to lease payment.

What was your deal shaker58? The $301 included the $500 lease rebate and $500 military rebate. The vehicle has to options of floor mats/radio am/fm/6 cd changer, cold weather package, and 3rd row seat. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Thank you!
  • Options
    marsab73marsab73 Member Posts: 7
    2010 Toyota Highlander v6 Limited 4x4

msrp $38998.00
    neg price $35995.00
    0 zero down
    money factor of .0001
    residual $20015.00
    aquisition fee $650.00
    36 months 12000miles a year
    total drive off $1100.00 (first mo and lic fees)

monthly payment of $453.74 + tax $497.98 total a month

I believe there may be a tiny bit of negotiation left in the msrp, but this is what ive got so far. Im in so cal and dealer is Longo Toyota.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance.
This discussion has been closed.