Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    ciara1ciara1 Member Posts: 25
    Congratulations!!!

We're absolutely loving ours, too, and we all love going places in it at every opportunity. The kids never want to ride in the van anymore -- they want to ride in the 'pretty blue car.' When I told them we were going to have to take the van for one particular trip because it was larger, they insisted the Fit is a van, too, because it's so big inside despite looking small on the outside!

We're getting around 34-35 mpg already, despite the cold weather. :)
  • Options
    tguntgun Member Posts: 20
    Hey fitluver!

Congratulations, you finally got it!! FYI- I just got back from Vegas with the wife... get this, my Honda Fit Saleswoman and her boyfriend sat right next to us on the outbound flight. She told me that the wait is now 6+ months for new Fit's and that her dealership has stopped accepting deposits. Glad that I got mine last Summer!! Had to wait about 8 weeks, which is what she told me when I gave her my deposit.

I bet the wait for MT Fit's is even loooooonger than the AT version.

Can't wait for that new Honda factory in Indiana to get cranked up and start producing 200,000 Fits per year for the North American market to help meet the demand.

Getting 32-33 MPG in the bitterly cold weather (-20F to +5F), otherwise it's consistently 36-38 MPG. Just had it in for maintenance "B1" which is tire rotation, oil-filter-lube and some other inspections. Only got dinged $84 (had an internet coupon from dealer). This is only the second oil change since new. I have 14,215 miles on it now. The service advisor said that some Fit owners are not following the "maintenance minder" system. They are in the old habit of changing the oil at 3,000 miles. Unnecessary with the computerized maintenance minder which logs engine operating temperature, time running, revelutions per minute, throttle position, etc. All variables fed into a calculation to determine oil life.

Good luck with your new Fit, and be sure to report to us your reports!!
  • Options
    fitman548fitman548 Member Posts: 172
    "I have an ipod shuffle that i use in the car all the time, and you can adjust the volume both ways, either on the stereo or the ipod. i usually have to turn the stereo up very loud, so be careful when you go back to the radio, and turn it down first or you may burst an eardrum"

this is not true. the Fit will remember what volume level you have set for each input, and will return to that volume when you switch back.

I keep my volume at 30 for the aux jack. there's a bit of niose, but my ipod battery lasts longer not having to psuh out at 80%.
  • Options
    nthomasnthomas Member Posts: 40
    I'll be picking up my black Fit Sport AT tomorrow morning. I'm really excited about having the car, but was not happy with the purchasing experience.

We visited a couple different dealerships. The first one wanted $2000 above MSRP for a red AT Sport, with the only "extra" being pinstripes. We took a test drive and loved it, but weren't willing to pay that much.

Ended up making our purchase from Tamaroff Honda in Southfield, MI. I had talked to someone from their Internet department, and they quoted me a price of $16,365, which is actually below MSRP. When I got to the dealership, they weren't really happy about it, but they stuck by that price. They refused to give us anything for our trade, however....they said they'd "take it off our hands" for free. No way! It's a 1997 Saturn SL2 with about 158,000 miles on it, still runs great. We haven't decided whether to sell it or donate it to charity yet. Anyways.....

I did at least get them to throw in floor mats for free. Price breakdown is:
    Vehicle: $16,365
    Doc Fee: $180
    Cargo Cover: $173
    Cargo Mat: $109
    All season Floor Mats: Free
    Taxes (Michigan 6%) $1009.62
    Title: $23
    Grand Total: $17,859.62

I wanted a red or white one for me, and they said they could get me one in a day or two by doing a dealer trade with another local dealer. After a week of phone calls ("I think we have one for you....Oh, wait, nope, sorry...") they found a white one, which we were supposed to pick up tomorrow morning. Then I called the dealership to get the VIN # to set up insurance, and was told that they won't have the white one until Tuesday. :cry: I'm just sick of the run-around with them, so I decided to take the black one since I can get it now and be finished dealing with them.

I know I'll be happy with the Fit....I just wish our experience at the dealership had been a little better.
  • Options
    fitluverfitluver Member Posts: 198
    I bet the wait for MT Fit's is even loooooonger than the AT version.

I ordered my MT on Aug 1. Thats one longass wait.

We have had some pretty damned cold days lately too.

I am pleased that I was able to get 38.1 out of the first full tank of gas. :)

Now I just need to take time for a road trip. I cannot wait.

A friend of mine bought a MT and got delivery right after I got mine. I had fun showing her all the cool stuff the cars can do that she hadn't gotten to yet. :)

Thanks for the well wishes.
  • Options
    nascartrashnascartrash Member Posts: 33
    well how did it go? did you really get it for that price when all was said and done? sell that sl2 yourself and make some $$$, hope you enjoy your new fit....... :)
  • Options
    It went pretty well. That was our official out-the-door price. They didn't try to sell us any extended warranties or other add-ons, either. I think they wanted to be finished dealing with us ALMOST as much as we wanted to be done with them ;) We financed through an outside lender, and when we went and talked to the finance lady, she was impressed with how good of a rate we got, so that made me feel even better about the whole thing.

We did notice that there was a tiny little dent on the front hood. Ticked me off a little that they didn't notice it at final inspection. We have to take the car in on Tuesday to get the airbag computer reprogrammed anyways, so they're going to fix the dent then, too. Everything else was perfect....drove it around a little last night, and it's so much fun. I'm a little nervous about driving to work Monday morning, though....we're getting dumped on with freezing rain at the moment, so the commute might be a bit rough. Hopefully things will clear up before I have to leave. If not, I just figure I'll leave really early and drive very, very carefully :)

We ended up donating the Saturn to a charity that discounts cars and sells them to people in need of transportation. Made us feel good that we're helping someone out, and makes for a nice tax write-off, as well.
  • Options
    kaputnikkaputnik Member Posts: 7
    In early December I ordered a silver sport manual. Got a call on Friday that it had arrived so I picked it up today. I bought my car from Earnhardt Honda in Phoenix. They were great to deal with and didn't give me any pressure for any add ons or the extended warranty. They kept their word on the price and when the car was expected to arrive. My sales guy was great to deal with, he gave me periodic update calls to let me know the status of my car and he was a really nice guy. Overall I'm very happy with my experience with them.

I paid msrp:

car $15,765
    doc fee 369
    tax 1,229
    registration 274

Total price : $17,637

It's an awesome little car!!

On a side note, does anyone know what's up with car dealers requiring a social even when you don't finance? I was told they had to "run me" to make sure I'm not a terrorist. I guess the man is keeping track of where I spend my hard earned cash.
  • Options
    chatis2chatis2 Member Posts: 1
    We also picked up one today in Southern California. Silver Sport Automatic. Confused about the price. Honda themselves MSRP is just above $15,900. I am seeing MSRP’s of 14,100 on some web sites. Anyway here is what I did:

Invoice: $15,255 – I insisted on seeing it.
    Agreed above invoice: $200
    Destination: $595
    Mud Guards: $150 – they got me - they were already on.

Total for the car: $16,200

Document: $55

Taxes (CA): $1,262

License and Registration: $180

Total out the door: $17,735

Paid Cash

Car seems great – haven’t really driven it.

Did I do Well??
  • Options
    b4wrnb4wrn Member Posts: 10
    If it was a sport model then the Mud Guards does not fit on the sport body-colored underbody kit. The mud guards only go on the basic model and I believe are black. If you do not have anything black behind the front wheels then you do NOT have mud guards on your vehicle.
  • Options
    ringo3ringo3 Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering about the same thing.
    I have White Sport and was told that mud guards do not
    go on Sport model. Does anybody know if Honda will ever
    offer ones for Sport model?
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I knew the So. Calif market was horrible but I didn't realize it was THAT bad!

200.00 over invoice? At that price, we would happily take ten truckloads!

"Did I do well"

I'm sure someone will come along and tell you they paid less!
  • Options
    racerskiracerski Member Posts: 17
    I ordered my Lunar Mist MT Base Model Jan 27, 2007 and haven’t even gotten the start build date. Dealer says the wait is 6 – 8 weeks from the start build date. I don’t make the wait but I would like to have the car by May of this year. Do you know why it took so long?? Was it color or MT or just because the Fit is in such demand?

I’m about to pull the order and find it with some phone calls.

Any response to this would be helpful.

Thanks
  • Options
    caracraigcaracraig Member Posts: 6
    I put my deposit down on a Vivid Blue Pearl Fit Sport AT on January 3rd and it arrived 2 days ago! I love it, I smile every time I get in to drive it. Like others have said I am finding things to get at the store just so I can drive it. The only thing that bugs me is the road noise on bad roads and it seems we have a lot of them, no bother though, just turn up the radio. We had financing already arranged and although the dealership was extremely busy the day I went we were in and out in an hour after the test drive. Price paid was $17495 and the only extras I got were a cargo mat and all weather mats. Even though I've only had it for 2 days I wouldn't get rid of it for anything! :blush:
  • Options
    dntidweldntidwel Member Posts: 2
    After reading some good positive reviews and looking at Edmunds pricing, I went to the dealership in Decatur Alabama and made and offer of 16,500 out the door for a fit sport; they offered 17,700 plus t&l. I moved up to 17K out the door and stood firm. I ended up walking and the sales mgr called me 3 days later. He acted like I was trying to shut the doors of the dealership. I paid 17k for the sport and picked it up that afternoon. I went to WalMart later and bought some floor mats. I haven't put many miles but I would like have daytime running lights; does anyone know of any way to get this accomplished? I would also like and arm rest and a dead pedal. But, all in all, I am very satisfied up to now, I am 6" 1" and 270 pounds and have adequate room.
  • Options
    check out fitfreak.net for tons of ideas for our honda fits,also zeta products makes a dead pedal...
  • Options
    I love these "out the door" offers.

We have zero control over taxes and license fees but some people seem to think we do.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Evidently, you've never been hit with a $399 document fee or $199 dealer prep fee in the F&I office..

There are hundreds of reasons to make an OTD offer.. the buyers aren't worried about what the state is taking.... they are worried about the dealership..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    That is because we charge 35.00 for doc fees.

399.00 is ridculous.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Amazingly.. not every one buys from your dealership.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Imagine that!

There are those who DO and those who SHOULD! :)
  • Options
    fittmanfittman Member Posts: 7
    After waiting since November, when I finally managed a test drive in an auto (didn't care for it) I stated that I just WOULD not "settle" for what cars the dealer had coming (especially since this is my first new car purchase!!), I'm getting my VBP Sport 5MT!! I have A VIN, and will pick it up on Monday!!! Drive out price: MSRP $15,765, Documentation $199, 7% Tax $1, 117.48, Title/Tag $41.00, Total $17,122.48. Plus, got a set of all season floor mats! Approximately 52hrs:30mins and counting!!!
    AND I bought an oem cargo tray for $55, free shipping!!! YeeHaa!!!!!
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Where in So Cal? My fiancee is interested in them but a local dealer - Pacific Honda of San Diego - wants $700 over MSRP. I about died laughing.

She still hasn't driven one but oddly she's enamored with the Fit and the Audi A3. I know, apples to oranges. Regardless, whatever we get, I'm not paying more than a few hundred over MSRP. Actually, we'll get a used A3 as they depreciate so fast it makes no sense to buy one new. I'm seeing 30k 2006 A3s going for 22k on Vortex. Yikes.
  • Options
    I bought my Fit a couple weeks ago. We took it in to Victory Honda to get the air bag computer reprogrammed this morning. While we were there, I looked to see if they had any Fits in stock. They had 2 Sports- one blue and one white. I checked the prices, and the blue was marked at almost $18,000, the white at almost $19,000 (I think one might have been an auto, one a manual...not positive, though). There was the actual sticker price, plus a charge for wheel locks and a "Market Adjustment". I don't know if they could be talked down from that price or not....just wanted to pass on the info.

I did some searching around before I bought my Fit, and I got my Black automatic Sport for under $18,000, and that included all fees, cargo cover, floor mats and cargo mat (purchased from Tamaroff Honda in Southfield). We didn't have the best experience with their sales department, but still, I felt I got a fair price.

I also know that LaFontaine Honda in Dearborn had 2 Auto Fits in stock yesterday, one white and one blue. I talked to them before I purchased mine, and they were willing to sell for MSRP. So if anyone in Michigan is looking for one, there's a few around. Do some checking and see what kind of deal you can get. For some reason there doesn't seem to be as much of a shortage here as there is in some other places.
  • Options
    mrssmith1mrssmith1 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: We have to buy a car quickly (our car was in an accident and it's not worth fixing, basically) and I love teh Fit--however, all dealerships around us have none in stock or a bit of a wait...except one, who got two sports in stock (orange and red). They just got them the other night, and we put a small deposit on the red one.

I do want to negotiate on the price, since it is quite a bit higher than what I see posted here, but how can I do that considering the wait and the fact we need a car ASAP? Any advice is appreciated. Here are the price details we have been quoted--we have not started negtiating yet as I want to get all the financing in order beforehand.

$16,565 + $495(Pro-Pack) includes Rear Bumper Applique, wheel locks and cargo tray = $17,060 +

$1194.20( 7% TAX) +

PA New Tag Fee is $177.95 includes a $55 Documentary Fee( fee charged for doing ALL paperwork) =

$18,432.15 TOTAL.
  • Options
    anahita61anahita61 Member Posts: 110
    I've had my heart set on a Silver Sport MT, but was told I'd probably need to order it, and then I was having trouble getting outside financing, so I temporarily gave up. One of the dealers I was dealing with went ahead and found the car for me and had it delivered, exact except no cargo cover as I'd said I wanted - it has no extra options on it and I test drove it today. I think it was just my mood, but I wasn't immediately in love with it, and when we sat to negotiate I hedged and ended up leaving. Their doc fee is $599 and I couldn't get past it.

They wanted the MSRP: $15,765 plus approx. tax of $958, the $599 doc fee and $21 for tag/registration. They finally raised the offer for my trade-in to $500, which knocked the price for car down to $15,265, and lowered the tax, making the out the door total, with the outrageous doc fee they say they simply cannot waive, to $16,801. Compared to what other people here say they are paying, I'm thinking this is actually pretty good, and if they haven't sold it by tomorrow I should go back and get it. Right? Should I be figuring in the price of the trade-in, or should I fight that doc fee until they lower it or waive it, on top of the trade-in? Is $16,801 about the best I can do? (I tried to at least get them to throw in floor mats, but they wouldn't do it - is there anything else I should see if they can throw in?)
  • Options
    take it looks like a cool deal
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Take the deal but keep your old car.

$500 for anything that runs at all is insanely low. You can get it to pass smog and sell almost any running car that isn't literally full of bullet holes and rusting out in a dozen places for $1000 on Craigslist or in the local paper. If your car is newer than ten years old, it's worth probably $1500-$2000 if you sell it yourself. Their upping the offer to $500 is an insult. What is it, a 1985 Buick Century? Shoot, even an old running Buick could sell for $500 in 24 hours to some local college kid.

Plus, the doc fee - they're gouging you, plain and simple. Just on principle, I'd say no. The DMV charges them something like $35-$40 for registration. This violates the #1 rule of buying a car. Sell your old car yourself or keep it as a second backup car if it's paid off. Never trade anything in as you'll be eating at least $1000 or more AND it gives the dealer tons of wiggle-room to mess with the numbers.

Rule #2 is to get financing set up beforehand if you can. Walk in, negotiate with the fleet manager(bypass the salesdroids if they give you any BS), and get out in an hour or two.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input, plekto. First of all, I was unable to obtain financing on my own, and I tried several lenders for the past month and a half at least. I have a matter of public record in my history, and no loan history (I paid cash for my car 22 years ago), so most lenders were unable to help me without a co-signer, and that was not going to happen.

My trade-in was a 1984 Tercel, one that just broke down in January. I did pay to get it repaired so I could drive it while I shopped for a new car - it does run pretty well... right now. The blue book value on that car is barely over $100, and it spits oil. I'm certain it needs a new fuel pump, and a new timing belt, and the a/c doesn't work, and the sun roof is rusted through and now has a piece of old shower curtain taped over it on the outside. Trust me on this, $500 was a great price!

I went for it! Of course the finance manager tried to gouge me on a bundle of extended service plans and warranties, but I refused. He seemed peeved that I did so too - overall, the finance portion of the sale was very unpleasant. However, I got the car for the $15,765 MSRP, plus that ridiculous doc. fee they said they could not waive. I hated it, but they had the car, and it's a manual, and I knew I wanted it. Plus... I see what everyone else is paying, and I think I did pretty darn good. :)

By the way... I drove it away yesterday, leaving my old Toyota behind (that was hard, after 22 years!), and I LOVE MY NEW FIT!!!!!! :)) :D
  • Options
    generalistgeneralist Member Posts: 1
    chatis2,

I'm currently interested in purchasing a Honda Fit Sport Automatic as well. Since I live in So Cal as well could you tell me which dealer you visited to get the price?

Thanks!
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Nice to hear. I guess you *did* have an old piece of junk, then ;) 1984 Tercel... wow - that's a seriously nasty heap. Lol.

Glad it worked out, though - compared to an old Tercel, the Fit must feel like it's from a different century.
  • Options
    If I were a mechanic, or if I knew one I trusted, who would be willing to work on the car, and I trusted him/her, I could have kept that car forever, I know, but the most I ever did was change the oil on it. Without a good mechanic relationship, it was not cost effective to keep the Tercel. Everything on the Fit is nice and new, but it will need maintenance too, and one day it will also be old.

Old Toyotas can keep going and going and going, and mine went along pretty well for 22 years (it was a year old when I bought it, so really it was 23 years old), but I got tired of spending money to fix it when it needed it, especially since I went to mechanics that routinely ended up overcharging me - the one mechanic who didn't grew tired of working on it. I think he just wanted me to get rid of it.

I'm very happy with my Fit. It's got 100 miles on it as of today. ;)
  • Options
    I ordered my Lunar Mist MT Base Model Jan 27, 2007 and haven’t even gotten the start build date. Dealer says the wait is 6 – 8 weeks from the start build date. I don’t make the wait but I would like to have the car by May of this year. Do you know why it took so long?? Was it color or MT or just because the Fit is in such demand?

I’m about to pull the order and find it with some phone calls.

Any response to this would be helpful.

Thanks

Would a late response help?

I waited much longer than that for a MT. It is a very individual thing. My thoughts are, what have you got to lose by making some phone calls? Are you willing to consider another color? I really wanted the blue but if I had to get one in a hurry, I might have gone for something less.

Just my thoughts.

Calls are free and autotrader.com is great.
  • Options
    By the way... I drove it away yesterday, leaving my old Toyota behind (that was hard, after 22 years!), and I LOVE MY NEW FIT!!!!!!

I mostly hated my old car. It didnt leak oil, it had a leaky radiator and I hated it with a passion. I bought it used and put too much money into it.

It feels so incredibly good to be rid of it.

And it is incredibly liberating to now be planning road trips, travel further away than the safe hour distance that AAA would tow the old one, freedom from parking over top of a collapsed cardboard box (catching my drippings.)

Ahhh....a liberating ride.
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts. Read on

Well I decided those 6 weeks to wait for a lunar mist base Fit was far too long and decided to do an internet pull on all Honda Dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home. It worked; at about the 19 caller (40 miles from my home in NYC) a Honda Dealer had my car in the inventory. The Lunar Mist Base MT for 14,445 plus tax and License fees. The same deal my ordinal order from my neighbor Honda dealer except he thru in the mud guards. To make a long story short I got my wife the car exactly the way she wanted it in a few days after making my phone calls. My original dealer was not a happy camper when I asked for my $500 deposit back. Give me a break, enough in enough, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I wanted very much to buy from the same sales man I purchased my Pilot a year ago with a price $1000 below invoice. After all, I am paying MSRP for the Fit where I pick the car up makes no difference. I felt like a moron after the dealer told me I would get an e-mail from them within a week giving me the start built date. I didn’t get a phone call from the guy in five weeks. I have since found out the car was never ordered and he was waiting to get one in but would try to sell be a different color in a base model. I wanted the car for the spring March time frame not the end of the summer.

The car was build in Japan on January 27, 2007 and arrived at the dealer March 2.

I purchased the mats and mud guards on line with shipping for $100 and just ordered a set of wheels that will make the car awesome. The color was worth waiting for since me never did see it in person, and felt a little uneasy about the look in pictures, but it way nicer in person. The hub caps are Okay but really didn’t give the car the look I wanted especially when I saw a picture of the jazz with the wheels I wanted. My Honda Pilot is in the garage and we are having a great time driving the fit. Pure fun, and a car that has everything we wanted in a small car.

Good luck to all those looking for the Fit. Get the car you want with the color you want.
  • Options
    The name of the dealers I finally purchased my Honda fit was Huntington Honda in Long Island New York 40 miles from New York City where I live. Supposedly they are the 4th largest Honda dealer in the US. I believe it, since they were the only dealer that had 6 Fits in stock with two Lunar Mists, one AT and one MT. Most dealers had one or two with many not having any in stock. Since I looked at all the cars within the class of the fit I will rate them as the best. The salesman was not pushy and very nice and accommodating with personnel e-mail where I could send him messages. The others dealers only had one e-mail address for the dealership. When I picked up the car they had roses for my wife and a big red bow on the rear view mirror. Since the car was for her birthday present it went over very big.
  • Options
    its good to know some honda dealers still care about the customer and not just the bottom line.........
  • Options
    fitrnfitrn Member Posts: 47
    I placed an order for a Nighthawk Black AT Sport on Feb 20 for $16,245.00 from a local dealership. It was due in on Mar 20 but seems it left Japan around that time and is due by the first week of April. :surprise: The dealership charges $75 prep fee preprinted on the deposit sales receipt. They have assured me no dealer add ons will be thrown on. I must say I googled Fits for 100 miles and not a single dealership had one on the lot. Last week I tried again and two fits were found, 1 blue woth lots fo "sprty stuff" as I was told for $18,500 AT Sport.. and another dealership was asking $17,500 AT sport. I have done my hoemwork with Edmunds and Im obsessed!! I have prearranged financing so the dealership can't toss in some extra fees... Im on edge! :P :shades:
  • Options
    so sorry for my spelling it's been a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnngg day! :sick:
  • Options
    Getting this car is like a test of endurance and determination to get the one you want. I was so determined to get this car I would have gone farther than 100 miles to get this Fit.

Did you get an actual start build date?? Did you get the VIN number along with the actual start build date? I was told by my first dealer that I would get a VIN number so I could track where the car in transit. The one I got was build January 27, 2007 and was at the dealer March 2 the day I called the 19 dealers to find a Lunar Mist MT Fit. I purchased it March 3. This car is in such demand I can’t believe how lucky I am to get the color and the Manual Trans I wanted at MSRP. Totals were $14,445.00 plus sales tax $1,246.00 printed on the sales slip $12.50 waste tire management fee and $45.00 for processing license and registration total out the door $15,758.50. We are very happy with the deal and having a great time.
  • Options
    Yes Racerski, I second that on determination!! I googled over 100 Miles (I think Im obsessed at this point)! :P You got a great deal on your fit and I'm soo happy for you after the long wait, it gives me hope ;)

I finally go the vin last week.. How can I track the car?? I'm going to check out honda websites to see where I can track it but if ya have any ideas please let me know :confuse: I actually test drove a scion xA today just in case the fit doesn't work out... going to test drive a Yaris soon too but I do have my heart set on the fit. :blush: Hopefully all will work out. Hopefully it will be in this week.
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Is the Fit worth the price or wait? I can get a pretty loaded sport Ford Focus for $12700. I haven't priced the yaris or the Nissan offering and The Scion XA seems about the same price.

--jjf
  • Options
    bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    make sure you check the prices with all the safety features the Fit offers standard.
  • Options
    fitrn, Please get the car you have your heart set on. I looked at every car within the class of the Fit and always gravitated back to the Fit. This car was for my wife and she would not settle for any other car color and neither would I. My car is a Honda Pilot and we are driving the Fit over the Pilot that sits in the garage. My wife did have her 21-year-old Honda Civic Wagon that she loves. Maybe if we were desperate for a car like so many other people we would settle. Maybe my area (New York City) has bigger dealer with more cars. The dealer I finally got the car in was the forth largest in the USA with 6 fits in stock. Most of the dealers I called didn’t have any and some with one or two. What State are you in?

Good luck and don’t give up!
  • Options
    take my advice for what its worth,after 30 yrs as a mechanic,hondas are the best economy cars.toyota is a good choice also, nissan not bad,stay away from the ford unless you want to keep paying for my nice vacations.
  • Options
    I will definately do that, Thanks for the heads up! :shades:
  • Options
    Sounds like you got a great deal on your Focus.... I'm looking for something with a little more room for cargo. The Scion drove nicely but it doesn't come close to the extras that are standard on the Fit SPort. To try to include ADD ONS to the Scion to meet the Fit brings the cost of the Scion above the fit price I have been quoted. I also feel the interior of the Scion is a bit cheep compared to the fit. If the Fit doesn't work out then I will move on to the next best thing I guess and just give up some of the Fit Perks or wait it out until supply meets demand. The new 2007 Scion doesn't include the xA and is a sedan verses the hatchback which I like alot.

Im glad to hear so many people are happy with their Fit.. If I could only join your ranks! ;):blush:
  • Options
    Racrski, I am located in RI. There is only 1 dealer with a fit on the lot and it has been there for a few weeks because they "Pimped" it out and the price is outrageous (why would they do that to a beautifu little fit! :cry: ) I have googled into MA and CT and called all dealers within 100 miles that advertised a fit to hear " we'll be getting some in next month" meaning 5 weeks or more. I have a 2000 Mits Eclipse that runs well but Im a Homecare Nurse and after driving it 8 hours a day 5 days week for 4 years now Im going bonkers! Not the most comfy car but I loved it and was working in the Hospital setting when I bought it several years ago.
  • Options
    fitforlessfitforless Member Posts: 5
    A dealer in the Bay Area is offering the Fit Sport Automatic at:

Selling Price $16,565.00
    Tax (CA) 1,454.25
    License fee 161.00
    Doc fee 55.00
    County fee 10.00
    State fee 8.75

Is this a reasonable price? Are the Fits REALLY that hard to come by? I have about 20 dealers in the bay area & they all have at least one or two. Seems like a good selection to me.
  • Options
    Doc fee not bad though that is 100% pure profit for the dealer. I have heard people pay up $350 for doc fees so that's not bad. License fee?? That sounds off the wall but Im not sure. Did you do the math to check the State Tax for CA? If so, and all is kosher, than you are getting a reasonable deal that is about what the average Fit buyer is getting. The Doc fee at the RI dealer Im using is $75 and Temp plate fee and reg fee is $20 per item totaling $95 in extra fees. I guess I could try to dicker the doc fee but I feel it is reasonable and Im getting a good offer so Im not gonna worry about those small fees. I tried several MA and CT dealers about 2 weeks ago and they all told me "we don't have any now but they will be in by May" Yikes.... Best of luck! :)