Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    frog169frog169 Member Posts: 11
    Not sure where this goes so im posting it in the host section! :-)

K well lets see where to start.. Im thinking about purchasing a car an evo or a charger havn't decided but anyways its going to probably be around 20-35k(depending on year). My big concern is on my credit report i owe credit collector money from a bank issue i havnt fixed yet but i will eventually. Will this effect me in any way? i would be putting aprox 10k down on the car, and i would have a co-signer with a cred score of about 780. what would u recommend? any info will help, Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Here's a place to start: Credit Scores and Vehicle Financing

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Is there a thread somewhere that discusses the best deals currently out there? (Due to incentives or other...)

Specifically, I'm looking to lease an SUV. I'm not particular on the make or model. Just want a good, solid deal.

Unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find a good place for this info. I can browse the various "Lease Questions" forums particular to each car, but that takes a LONG time, and I'm not sure if I'm missing any.

Could we start a new thread in the "Smart Shopper" forum? It seems like an "Exceptional Deal" thread would be a good idea, regardless...

Or is there another forum you can recommend that deals with this issue? Like a fatwallet or slickdeals for cars?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Didn't even see that! Thanks. Looks like there's not much activity... too bad.
  • Options
    Posting a question usually helps stir some up!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Options
    eltonvceltonvc Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 Sonoma with 47,000 Miles and the oil press is low. 10 psi at idle and about 25 at hiway speed. I had the same problem on the 1992 Sonoma and the oil press switch fixed it. I changed the switch on the 2002 and no help. Where would anyone suggest I go next. Thanks for a reply.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There are quite a few discussions in the Chevrolet S-10 & GMC S15 Sonoma group. I think I'd go through the list there and pick one to post in. The Oil Questions one has an oil gauge thread to check out.
  • Options
    md2md2 Member Posts: 15
    i just bought a new azera and ordered a dash kit from edash does any one know if this is a good company also i did get my new azera with tpms [tire pressure system] and the surround sound logic7 audio system
  • Options
    Congrats on the new Azera - one member posted about edash in the Hyundai Azera Accessories discussion so I'd ask in there first.
  • Options
    mikeg13mikeg13 Member Posts: 1
    I recently changed my battery..it apparently changed all monitors to "not ready".
    I have since driven it some 500 miles,and still have 4 ,"not readies" and they will not reset..The two most important is the oxygen and evap modes...
    I cannot pass inspection in NJ without them,and have failed once already...My Saturn is a 1999 SL,manual everything.
    Has only power brakes...no other power options...the readouts also show no codes,so there are no problems indicated on the analyzer...HELP
  • Options
    Check the topics in the Saturn S-Series group. This one may be helpful: Saturn Vue Electrical Issues

Also, Those Dreadful State Vehicle Inspections may help.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    dpribothdpriboth Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2001 Audi Allroad with a Navigation System. However, there was no operating manual for the Na. System. Does anyone have sukch a manual or know where one may be obtained or downloaded. Perhaps you could scan and e-amil me a copy.
    Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    Please ask in Audi allroad. You may also want to try Audi A3 Navigation System Questions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    hankjoeyhankjoey Member Posts: 13
    A couple years ago the passenger window would no longer go down. We decided to just live with it. Now the drivers side window also doesn't go down. The rear windows are fine.

What are the odds that the motor would go bad in both the passenger & drivers side of the same car. The window mechanism was used very little as we use a/c or just the vent.
    Motor?? Help... Other ideas of what the problem is.
  • Options
    What are the odds that the motor would go bad in both ...?

If they went out at the same time I might do a double take but you said the failures occurred a couple years apart so I don't think there is much of a mystery. You're dealing with a 10 year old vehicle and components have a finite lifetime. :)

Check the Oldsmobile Intrigue group for related topics.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    nelt654nelt654 Member Posts: 1
    COOLING FAN WILL RUN WITH AC ON BUT NEVER COMES ON WHEN RUNNING AT TEMP GAUGE TESTED AND WORKS REPLACED COOLANT TEMP SENSOR. RELAYS OK FUSES OK BUT THE CHILTONS BOOK SAYS I SHOULD HAVE 5 VOLTS ON HARNESS I HAVE 2.5 OR SO. OBD SHOWS NO CODES. WHERE SHOULD I LOOK NEXT?? REPLY TO NELT654@MSN.COM
  • Options
    You should post your message in our Electrical Problems discussion. Since we are a message board format, replies will be posted on the boards rather than sent privately by e-mail.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Options
    grm1grm1 Member Posts: 1
    I had to take my glove box out to fix the door latch. I found there is a valve that has something to do with the air conditioning inside at the back left of the glove box. I need to know how does work and what does it do and how it shoud be set. Here in FL air is important, we need all the perfromance we can get. Please help, Anybody. Thanks in advance. GRM1
  • Options
    Check out the MINI Cooper group. There are lots of discussions in there and lots of owners who should be able to help you out. The Care and Maintenance discussion may be the best place to ask.
  • Options
    curious12curious12 Member Posts: 2
    the Maintenance Required Light on my 2006 Prius with about 17K miles started flashing when the car starts and goes off after about 5 seconds. The maintenance manual indicates this means that the oil needs checking; the oil level is fine. Any ideas on why this is happening and any way to correct it?
  • Options
    Try asking in the Toyota Prius: Problems & Solutions discussion.
  • Options
    brittaarninkbrittaarnink Member Posts: 1
    I,'ve got a 2002 vw beetle glx that has had every sensor in it blow. I'm sick of spending $90. for a diagnostic report. My oil light is now on and sometimes blinks even though it doesn't leak and the oil was just changed. The blue coolant light is now on and goes on and off and sometimes blinks. I believe it's the oil pressure sensor and the coolant temp sensor that needs to be replaced. I need to know how to get these, the part numbers, the price, and the know how on how to change them out. If any one can help, it would sure help me from blowing my own head gasket as these constant problems from volkswagon are starting to drive me crazy. Thank you.
  • Options
    Try asking in the Volkswagen Beetle Maintenance and Repair discussion.
  • Options
    msaskismsaskis Member Posts: 2
    We recently bought a 2004 Volvo S40. Soon thereafter, we noticed the radio reception was dramatically worse (barely get stations that otherwise are fine) whenever we plugged something into the 12v outlet such as a cell phone charger (charging phone of course). Dealer was even able to reproduce but has no idea where to start looking. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Thank you.
  • Options
    Perhaps your antenna isn't properly grounded. I would ask in the Volvo S40 discussion. Also, check out the other topics in the Volvo S40 group.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    mba6970mba6970 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a used BMW 325. I came across an auto broker who says that he can help me buy a car at the BMW Financial Lease Returns Auctions for a fixed fee. He also wanted a deposit of USD 2000, in case I back out after the aution.I wanted information on how reliable this channel is and how do I evaluate the broker? How can i check if he is authorized?
  • Options
    It looks like you already founda good place to post your question: mba6970, "Questions About Private Sale Transactions" #54, 9 Jul 2007 12:02 am!keywords=

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    rudockrudock Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 1986 Volkswagon Cabriolet and this past weekend I changed the transmission out. Problem is now the car is very sluggish, it will rev up but not go anywhere. Any suggestions as to what I may have done or not done to cause this problem? I'm a weekend mechanic of sorts so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Someone in the VW Cabrio: Transmission discussion may be able to help if you post in there, but the VW Cabrio Owners discussion is more active.
  • Options
    iggygillyiggygilly Member Posts: 2
    My 2000 Rodeo cruise control cuts off when I turn on the lights. This has just recently begun. I have checked the fuses. Anyone have an ida what else I can check?
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    You'll want to stop by the Isuzu Rodeo Maintenance and Repair discussion!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    zhitnik44zhitnik44 Member Posts: 1
    I was recently offered an internet sales position with a Hyundai dealership in the Southeast. Being new to the car sales experience I have some questions regarding a fair / equal compensation package. I have experience in sales/marketing but not in the car industry. What is considered the "norm" and what would be a great / realistic compensation package?
  • Options
    unhappyowner2unhappyowner2 Member Posts: 3
    Could anyone recommend a good (competitive and aggressive) lemon law attorney in nothern California region? I've been having numerous starting problems with my 06 Kia Sedona minivan. I'm wondering if I can post this question to a more general and active forum rather than a Kia Sedona forum (already asked for help there too).
  • Options
    I think I'd try one of the Smart Shopper discussions; maybe Stories from the Sales Frontlines.
  • Options
    Try asking in the Lemon Law Questions discussion for referral ideas.
  • Options
    joe149joe149 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 1997 4runner limited with 135000 miles. The rear window, wiper, and rear defrost do not work. The rear defrost button in dash will not light up or stay pushed in and makes a buzzing sound when pushed. All stopped at the same time. Also the license plate light will stay on after we turn off vehicle. The only way we can get it to go out, is turn the ignition switch on and back off. All of these problems happened at about the same time. I have checked fuses inside and under the hood, all ok. Any hidden relays that could cause this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe.
  • Options
    roballroball Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Grand Am SE1. Today I attempted to start the car, but all lights came on,maxed out went back to normal, but the car would not turn over. No clicking sound. I was told by a friend to turn steering wheel until it locked, then car would start. I could not get it to lock. Tyied putting in neutral, rocking back and forth, putting in park and attempting to get steering to lock, with no success. I have heard of this problem before, but in all cases the steering wheel would lock, and bingo. No such luck for me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Roball
  • Options
    Try asking in our Electrical Problems discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Options
    Someone in our "No Start" problems discussion might be able to help.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Options
    industryexpertindustryexpert Member Posts: 4
    i do not see the link to make a new posting- i am logged in and registered, I can reply to messages but don't see where to start a new thread.

Thanks in adavance
  • Options
    We recommend that you add comments to the most appropriate existing thread for your vehicle or issue. If such doesn't exist, then you can use the "Add a Discussion" link to start a new topic. This link appears only in the make/model group or overall board listings.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice, I appreciate your quick response.
  • Options
    No prob! :)
  • Options
    caaroncaaron Member Posts: 3
    I hope this is the right place to post this. I recently purchased a dealer installed performance pack for an 07 Legacy GT. It's the turbo/automatic model. The parts consist of new mufflers and an air intake and heat shield. The air intake makes a terrible noise on moderate acceleration. It's a very grinding type sound. I know it's the air intake because you can hear it sucking in the air. On hard acceleration the noise subsides. Is this normal? I wouldn't have spent $1500 for this if I had known this. It's embarassing and annoying. Please help me. I'd like some input before going back to the dealer as I am guessing they don't always tell me the truth. In fact I know they don't. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    I am still do not see where to start a new thread in the repair/ maintenence section. I must be blind.

Thanks again
  • Options
    There are some boards where members may not create new discussions. They are Smart Shopper, Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences, and Maintenance & Repair.

As you get familiar with our forums, you'll see that often a discussion will entail numerous threads and if you post in an existing discussion, you'll be off and running with a thread in that discussion.

There's a bit more in the Help file linked at the bottom too, if this is clear as mud. :shades:
  • Options
    I think I'd start asking in the Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B discussion. Even if yours isn't the spec.B, the Subaru Crew will give you some great feedback in there.
  • Options
    amccabeamccabe Member Posts: 1
    just noticed when switching fm low beams to high, I see the blue light on the instruments display, however do not see it changing fm low to high outside, it stays on low. What can this be?
  • Options
    Congrats on the new CX-9. Try posting in the 2007 Mazda CX-9 discussion.