Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GLK-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    The sport appearance package is a stand alone option. My GLK has metallic paint ($720), heated front seats ($750), keyless go ($650), Nav + 4 ($1290), Premium pkg ($3200), and sport appearance pkg ($990). The total MSRP was $44,355 and I paid $39,700 but I also got first two payments made for me ($1300). So, net cost was $38,300. They gave me 66 months @ 1.9% financing as well.

The keyless go and sport appearance pkg were definitely worth it, but the rest is just fluff.

Good luck!
  • citimorgancitimorgan Posts: 7
    Thanks vinnyny! It seems appearance package is factory installed option and dealer does not do it usually. But thanks for sharing the info!
  • rywu2012rywu2012 Posts: 4
    With 2013 coming, can anyone share recent quote/ purchased price for 2012 GLK350 near CA Bay area? Sharing any experience in getting the best deal is appreciated.
  • cjbrowncjbrown Posts: 19
    Use AAA's buying service. Best deal you can get.
  • citimorgancitimorgan Posts: 7
    I just bought a base GLK in south bay, I shopped SJ peninsula and Fremont benz, let me know if you need dealership info.
  • jacmyoung2jacmyoung2 Posts: 20
    edited May 2012
    We leased a GLK350 4MATIC, $7k off the $48,015 MSRP including conquest. I used Edmunds to build the car, then contacted Edmunds nearby dealer list. Berberian European Motors in Stockton CA came through with no haggle Internet deals, then delivered both the car and papers to our door.

I would imagine puchase deals are similar.
  • rywu2012rywu2012 Posts: 4
    Hi citimorgan, do you have to order the base model or was it in stock, appreciate if you can share how much you paid (otd) and which dealer you bought this from, and do you recommend the dealer? thanks!
  • blackglk350azblackglk350az Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    MSRP $44,355 (Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Heated Seats, Keyless Go)
    Invoice $41,312
    Purchase Price $38,900 (discount of $5455 inc Conquest)
    60 month loan, 2.99% (Dealer discounted 1 point from their typical Mercedes rate here in Arizona for credit scores of 760+)

Traded-a 2008 Infinit EX35 with $55k miles for $19,000. EX35 was in Very Good Condition, but not Outstanding.
    KBB Trade-in is $16,800k Fair - $20,275 Outstanding.
    KBB Private Party Sale Value is $19,200 - $22,600
    Here in AZ cars generally go for about 10% back of book on Trades, Private Party and Dealer Retail. I probably could have sold the car Private Party for $20,000+/-
    Trading-in for $19,000 also saved me $1672 in sales tax. So, I would have had to sell the car for $20,672 to do better than I did trading it in for $19,000.

I actually believe the dealer pumped the Trade-in value up $1000 to make it look better and to not make it look as though they discounted their car so much.

Meaning the deal could have been structured like this and cost exactly the same.
    MSRP $44,355
    Invoice $41,312
    Purchase Price $37,900 (Discount of $6455)
    Trade $18,000
  • phxsuns1phxsuns1 Posts: 7
    Hi Blackglk350az,

Which dealership in AZ did you buy your GLK? We looked in Chandler last weekend. The model metallic grey we looked did not have the multimedia package. So thinking about going for one with Multimedia package and i think there are only 2 colors , white and black.

So what was the total OTD cost on the vehicle?
    Will appreciate your response.

Thanks
    Sri
  • It is the same dealership - Chandler
    $19,855 due after trade + the usual non-negotiable items:
    Tax ($1747),
    Title/license ($750)
    Doc fee ($489)
  • phxsuns1phxsuns1 Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
  • blackglk350azblackglk350az Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    I actually took delivery of the GLK350 yesterday. All the fugures I gave were based on what was agreed upon. There were no surprises yesterday. All went smooth.

A couple of additional points.
    1) They credited the unused portion of the Registration on the EX35, so it ended up being $422, not $750.

2) Ther Finance Manager offered 66 months at the same 2.99% rate, so I took it.
  • trblmkrtrblmkr Posts: 7
    Any idea how long this conquest incentive is good for?
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Posts: 14
    What is everyone hearing about the 2013 GLK?

I am hearing they'll be showing up at dealerships in mid-August.

I also e-mailed Mercedes and asked when the "Build Your Own" 2013 GLK would go live and they said mid-August.

We are shopping at 2013 X3 against the new GLK... and are waiting to see the car before deciding.

Thanks!
    A minor facelift, same basic car. Where did they put the shifter????? LOL!

20 months and 15K, mine has never been back to the dealer. Just a fantastic car, still love it to death. Would love to have a crd diesel. We may end up buying ours at lease end - 39mo.

The bimmer is a nice car, probably a little more performance oriented (we have a 325) while the benzo is more luxo oriented. To me that's the basic difference in philosophies of the two companies, not that either is completely one way or the other.

Our 325 'vert is a '01 with 106K and is still a very nice solid car. Not recommended though unless you can do your own maint and repairs. It has been said that owning any of these cars out of warranty is suicide. I survive as a shade-tree mech.

My money would be on the GLK. BTW, lots of leases coming back, so if you want to save about 40% and get a great car, a CPO might be something to consider.
  • leeshuckleeshuck Posts: 73
    I dropped by a dealer here in SoCal yesterday and they had just received a few 2013's in the past week. I took one out for a short test drive and thought it drove pretty well. It was very quiet, handled road transitions well and felt solid. I'm not sure about the steering feel - seemed a little vague. They only had the RWD versions on the lot.

I will be comparing this to the X3 and Q5. I drove the SRX but didn't like the overall driving position and size. I'm driving a BMW 135i convertible now but am thinking about getting into something higher off the ground and more versatile for carrying things around and going into the mountains during the winter, etc.

Let me know what you think after you've had a chance to test and compare.
    Wished I could talk the wifey into a 1-35i. She's stuck on the 3-series.

Keep in mind the GLK is not a sports car. Definitely a smallish SUV. It drives like a Mercedes Benz, good or bad. I would guess both of the others are going to handle a little better.

Personally I would not own an Audi. I will never forget the 100LS or the 5000. Will never forgive them for those abominations.

The bimmer is a great car. You really just have to decide if you're a Mercedes guy or a BMW guy. For me it was a no-brainer, I'm a Mercedes guy. The wife? She's a BMW gal, so that's what she would choose.

They are both great cars. You really can't go wrong either way.
  • leeshuckleeshuck Posts: 73
    edited August 2012
    I must be a BMW guy as that's what I've been driving for the last ten years. The Mercedes would be a first for me. I'll take a look at the X1, too.
  • I purchased a 2012 GLK350 (2 wheel drive) with Premium 1 Package (the MSRP of which was $41,425) at $32,100 (this included the destination / freight and it included 3 years maitenece package $700 value). The car is Iridium Silver with black interior. I bought this from Mercedes dealer in Alexandria, VA. Please talk to the management straight for a better deal. They have 1 more left but with more options. Dont know if there is better out there but I am pretty happy with the purchase deal.
  • MSRP $41,000 (Heated Seats)
    Purchase Price $35,500 (discount of $5500)

Traded-a 2010 GLK with $12k miles for $23,800. KBB Trade-in is Excellent: $27100 Very good $26600 good $25700