Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Audio Problems

2»

Comments

• eemsueemsu Posts: 6
    Mine and other detailed experiences with this problem can be found through google search "gm high pitch noise". I don't know the current status of the service bulletin below but you probably should talk with your service center manager about #PIT5166 and check, hopefully the instruction to service is no longer inaction. I see someone posted on June 10th this year:
    "GM Service bulletin #PIT5166.  New radio installed today and sound is GONE!!!!!"
  • augrisaugris Posts: 1
    Mine is a 2010 model and I also have this problem. Audio makes a pop sound and audio/nav screen goes blank and all audio, to include blinker indicator noise, shuts off. Usually it works again if I park for awhile and restart the engine. Other times it will come back on its own after awhile. It makes a loud clicking noise and then everything comes back on. I have to reset the display clock after each incident.
  • It only happens about 20% of the time, but it is annoying and definitely a safety concern: here is a video, if anybody can help, it would be great:
    https://plus.google.com/u/2/108815216291161197997/posts
    watch ANY of the enclave videos of how the radio and turn signals are somehow tied. Dealership has replaced radio and the entire instrument panel in the past two months...2012 Enclave Blinker Noise Missing
  • It was so refreshing to read some of these posts. My dealer made me think I was going crazy. Didn't think to Google "Enclave radio issues" until now...
    I purchased a 2013 Enclave in May of this year. A couple weeks later I had to bring it in because my radio wasn't sounding right. So they replaced the amplifier. When picking it up from service, I started noticing a very annoying popping sound and I thought it was bad tweets, so I brought it in again. It didn't do it all of the time, and it was more noticeable with blue tooth than any other source. I was told it was a compatibility problem with my phone carrier and the car. So I purchased an mp3 player, and I was still experiencing issues! I brought it in again, and they kept it for three days, only to give it back to me and say that they had not found any issues. Thinking it was just me, I went ahead and upgraded the sound system. It sounds awesome now, but still the popping sound, and now, once in a while it'll do a really loud pop as if it had blown up and it resets, dumps out the DVD, reboots...the works. I don't think is fair that I wasn't helped and I'll potentially end up having to buy a new receiver when I see that related issues have been reported in the past and it appears to be known. What is the next level if service refuses to help me?
  • We own a 2008 Enclave (with 115K miles) and this month have experienced exactly the same problems indicated by tpp123. The screeching sound would be emitted when the blinker was turned on, the doors were locked/unlocked, raised the back hatch, etc. It was completely unbearable and intolerable! Plus no audio features worked at this point. We took our Enclave to the dealer, where we were quoted $2400 for a new replacement or $1700 for a refurb unit! We just had them unhook the radio until we can find a suitable resolution. So for nearly a month, I have had no radio/XM/iPod, no back-up camera, no DVD, no blinker sounds, no door chimes, etc. Since we bought this car used in 2012, we have had close to $12K in repairs - while it's a beautiful car, it has been a lemon. I'm really disappointed in my GM product. Let's see what GM says.
  • dpirkldpirkl Posts: 2
    We have a 2013 Enclave that the radio makes a loud popping noise a scares the #$%^& out of you. We took in to the dealer in June of this year and they said that they changed out the radio but it still happens. It seems that it happens when it is hot out and after you run the car for about 30 minutes. We again took it to the Buick dealer and they are stating that since they have not heard the popping that they cannot do anything about it. I asked the Manager to reach out to GM and see if there is some issue but he refused to do so since he could not make it happen. I guess that since they have not heard it that it doesn't exist...They still have the car (and we have their loaner). I expect them to fix it. Anyone else heard of a load popping noise?
  • dpirkldpirkl Posts: 2
    Correction, it is a 2014 Enclave
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,139
    dpirkl said:

We have a 2013 Enclave that the radio makes a loud popping noise a scares the #$%^& out of you. We took in to the dealer in June of this year and they said that they changed out the radio but it still happens. It seems that it happens when it is hot out and after you run the car for about 30 minutes. We again took it to the Buick dealer and they are stating that since they have not heard the popping that they cannot do anything about it. I asked the Manager to reach out to GM and see if there is some issue but he refused to do so since he could not make it happen. I guess that since they have not heard it that it doesn't exist...They still have the car (and we have their loaner). I expect them to fix it. Anyone else heard of a load popping noise?

We're sorry to hear your 2014 Enclave is in the dealership, dpirkl. If you'd like to send us your VIN, full contact information and dealership name we will gladly follow up with them for additional details. We're available via private message, or email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
2»