Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• Options
    rollbarrollbar Member Posts: 297
    <<<btw- haven't noticed any issues with the tranny as you describe.>>>

If you don't mind, and get the opportunity, try a hard acceleration from a low gear and then let off the gas just after the change to 3rd gear, (or 4th) and see how it reacts. I'd like to know. My car will tend to overrev and so the next shift is sloppy. It doesn't seem like the tranny is slipping...it's more like "lifting" does not produce a crisp throttle back, instead the engine continues to rev. Hard to explain but if you try it I think you'll understand.

Roll
  • Options
    petew4petew4 Member Posts: 71
    roll- I tried it several times on the way home from work yesterday (and actually, I do accelerate pretty hard most of time - love the feel). My throttle drops the rev evenly when I back off of it under those conditions. Sounds like an adjustment is in order. Has the dealer checked it out? BTW- I have a 2003 FX45 - there may some differences between the 35 & 45 in the way they behave. Maybe some of the 35 owners could chime in.
  • Options
    rustygrustyg Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy an FX35 this week in the Chicago area. Any hot tips on who is the best dealer. The dealer in the city is a very cramped mufti-unit facility and not the luxurious Lexus place (McGrath) I am used to. I am being lured in to going with the Tech package just for all the bells and whistles. After sales tax (8.75) etc. etc I'm hitting the $47,000 mark. Am I crazy?
    Also is the brick/black available with the sport package? The web page won't allow me to design it that way.
    Thanks,
    Russ G
  • Options
    jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    Well, after one year of ownership, my 03 FX35 finally got the dreaded hatch warp. Have preached to my wife about it so when she noticed the binding, she did not force it. Made a small indentation in the hatch, but didn't hurt the roof. Had it checked out once and they said all was OK. Weird, didn't do it after setting in yhe sun on 100 degree days, but did it today and it was only in low 80's. How do the new hatches look after repainting. or do thay ship them painted.
  • Options
    wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    They're shipped painted so it should be an exact match. Did you get a recall letter for this issue? You should have been able to get it replaced before it warped.
  • Options
    jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for the info. I remember taking it in for the brake recall and the hatch check and supposedly everything was fine. Can't believe it took 16,000 miles to rear it's head. I don;t remember getting an actual recall letter, though. I've owned it over a year.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • Options
    dutch47dutch47 Member Posts: 8
    I've had my FX35 for about 3 months and 3500 miles and this is the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. I've never had a car that gets so much attention. Getting gas or getting in or out of my FX35 at the grocery or mall usually brings someone over to ask questions and they always comment on how much they like the way it looks. I love the way it rides, handles and the accerlation is wonderful. I find the seats to be very comfortable with everything within easy reach. I'm getting around 18mpg city driving and 25mpg on the highway. For an SUV it does not have a lot of room but I don't find that a problem. Anyone looking for a SUV that handles like a sports car look no further. There is simply nothing our there that comes close to the FX35 as a crossover SUV.

Bob in Nashville
  • Options
    huma2huma2 Member Posts: 24
    hi all, i have an fx45 . i developed back pain and when i was trying to figure out what i did to hurt myself, the only thing that had changed was the car i was driving. i traded with my wife and after 2 days my back was better. i am a chiropractor ,and believe that the placement of the seat controls is the culprit. it pushes my thigh up and i feel uneven in the seat. i am not overly big, 5'10 185lbs. has anyone else had this problem. i am very disappointed but my wife has never been happier. any time i get back in the car my back pain returns. let me know what you all think.
  • Options
    petewat3petewat3 Member Posts: 83
    interesting..... I've read one other complaint about the seat controls and I just assumed it was a big person because I've had no issues at all with them. I'm 5'10" & 170lbs and have almost an inch between my thigh and the controls when seated normally. I find the seats very comfortable and adjustable. I wonder if there is some variation in the installations that may effect how the controls are positioned? I assume you have experimented with the adjustments but maybe you should get the dealer to let you try another FX to see if you have the same issue...... or contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs (1-800-662-6200) - maybe there is a fix.
  • Options
    hogheaven14hogheaven14 Member Posts: 3
    I too had back pain for the first couple of weeks with my FX35. I am 5'11" and 165. I made continuous adjustments until a found a position that feels great. I needed to raise the height of the seat but keep it level to the floor and then just adjusted the back. I was frustrated for awhile, but I just kept at it until it solved itself. Most people's backs will adjust to positions, given enough time, just like on a new mattress. I'm glad a got a model with the seat memory, so now I won't need to fiddle any longer. Good luck!
  • Options
    pacargirlpacargirl Member Posts: 2
    I purchased an FX35, sport pkg + chrome wheels, black/black ~ 2 months ago.

There are 2 issues with the car which the service dept of my dealership (West Chester Infinity of SE PA) tell me are "normal". I'm having a hard time accepting the diagnosis of "normal" (I can't find anyone who thinks these issues aren't actually problems) and very interested to hear if anyone else has experience with the following:

1. While I normally wash the car by hand, sometimes I do take it through an automated car wash (brushless, medium pressure jets only). Whenever I do this, my sunroof leaks - not just a few droplets of water, but a steady stream of water drops from 3 different areas. I checked with the car wash folks and they tell me that the pressure used is not high enough to cause this (in contrast to what the dealership claims) - we have a convertable as well, and water does leak in around the sides of the windows, but that's not unusual.

2. When the weather is cool/pleasant (75oF or lower), I prefer to have fresh air flow into the cabin rather than using the A/C. However, once the car is warmed up, if the A/C is off (regardless of outside temp), the air flowing into the cabin is very warm (it's hot). This is true under all combinations of vent postion, temp setting, circulated or fresh air setting, etc.

I am close to accepting this as a result of the FX design given that the default for this car is A/C on, and I can't help but think they did that for a reason, but...

Before I got the diagnosis of "this is normal and is due to the design of the air intake filtration system in the FX", I was told "oh, you're probably just pushing the wrong buttons"!!!

I love my FX - in the last 2 years I've driven a BMW X5 +sport and Audi A6 2.7T + sport and never really felt happy about either. I've been feeling love for this car from the minute I test drove it. These 2 problems don't really affect how I feel about the FX, but the way the dealership service department addressed my concerns has given me a really bad taste regarding Infiniti.

If anyone has any experience or information regarding these two items, I'd be ever so grateful to see your feedback!!
  • Options
    fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    I take my fx through the carwash and my sunroof does not leak. Others have complained about the hot air with no a/c; I live in Texas so of course we always want the a/c on :) I have heard that it is normal due to the location of the a/c intake. I have the same FX except mine is an 03 and I don't have chrome wheels.
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    the first is not normal I have been through quite a few car washes and it has never leaked.

The second is a design flaw of the FX and every FX suffers this. My Pilot will blow air close to the outside temp. The FX will only blow warm air when the ac is off or if the whole climate control is off and only fresh air is selected it will come out warm even when it is 60 or less outside.
  • Options
    ffb13ffb13 Member Posts: 181
    after looking for a new car ,many weeks ,and including the mb500,phaeton,bmw 745 and 530 witht the sports pckg. i settled for the fx35.
    i had driven this car when it came out and hated the ride.too harsh.

my 04 has the tech,sports,tour.awd,premiun and the dvd.--all except the chrome wheels.
    after 1500 miles in 12 days all ok .
    listed at 46,900.
    paid 43,000.
    actually,have not paid a penny yet.
    at 1.9 % i financed everything.at a cost of 440 a year, for 3 years .not too bad with my money earnning 6 % in a cd.

i bought this car because it is the only thing out there that gives you a direct connection to the road,it is a sports car,and does not have the lack of reliability of the mb and bmw.or the new vw phaeton.
    and yet it has room inside and a higher sitting position.
    i do run tire press. at 44. it does wonders for handling and feedback.

the lexus 430 is just too bland even with the sports susp.

so far ave. mpg is 17.6 overall
    on a trip to vermont got 19.8 going up and 21.1 on the return.---same speed .less climbing returnning.this translates into a 400 mile range.

on day 6th a rock made a bullseye. fixed by geico at no charge ,and a good repair. it is in front of my nose. only a small shinny area left.cannot even see it.
    no water leaks even thou went through a serious storm.
    and the vent system blows clean cold air when not in a/c mode.---REMEMBER WHEN YOU GO ON A/C MODE YOU HAVE TO LOWER THE INDIVIDUAL TEMP.SETTINGS TO THE MINIMUUN OF 60 DEGREES. otherwise you will get hot air.
    or,mine is a newer car with a fix.
    so ,so far happy.
    leaving for florida next week.1400 miles .lets see.
    also,trying to figure out a way of getting rid of the spare tire and fitting in a full size spare 20 incher.i think that it will fit. but it will potrude out by 8 inches or so.
    has anyone looked at this ?

also the only major problem so far is forward visibility when turnning left or right. the big rear view mirrors block the view to the sides when turnning and it will obscure a motorcyclist or pedestrian and even a small car.
  • Options
    srr3306srr3306 Member Posts: 12
    I too, bought my FX35 AWD Touring from infiniti Of WC PA in December. I have had no problems with the roof and go through all car washes indiscriminantly. I noticed the hot air issue, but mostly have my windows open if the AC is not on. I have also experienced some back pain, which I solved my readjusting the seats. I must say, however, that the seat controls are misplaced. If I have something bulky in my pocket like a cell phone, I will move the seat accidently if I twist to look behind when backing up.

The memory function kinda sucks too. I am 6' tall with long legs and put the seat almost all the way back. When my wife drives the car, she moves the seat up. The minute I get back the car and insert my key it reverts to her position until I can use the memory to get my settings back, not a pleasant process. Is there any way to fix this? this is the ONLY thing that makes me miss my old RX300, otherwise this car has the Lexus beat in all aspects.

One other thing, I get around 21-22 MPG on the 75mph cruse (good). I keep the tires up around 36lbs (I highly recommend this), but my mileage in town can be as bad as 12mpg. Is this normal?

Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    Inflating the tires for better handling and mpg was a topic on this board a few months back. Then there started to be a lot of complaints about excessive tire wear. I think several posters would agree that inflating most tires past their recommended inflation is an invitation for abnormally high center-wear on the tread. These are fairly expensive shoes on your car so be aware of this side effect of overinflation. If you do the math even a 2-3 mgp increase in fuel economy is not justified relative to the shortened tire life. For 18-inchers on a 2004, the recommended inflation is 32 psig front and rear.

ssr3306 - I get 24-25 mpg when I drive the 65 mph limit in the Houston Metro area. Bump it to 75 mph and the mpg drops to 21-22. Around town, I usually get 16-18, but it will go down fast if you have a little jackrabbit in you.
  • Options
    socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    When my wife drives the car, she moves the seat up. The minute I get back the car and insert my key it reverts to her position until I can use the memory to get my settings back, not a pleasant process. Is there any way to fix this?

I had the same problem. It is really a safety issue since you can get jammed into the steering wheel.

I use two workarounds: you can disable the automatic seat adjustment; check the owners' manual; it is not obvious but the instructions on how to do it are there. I have the navigator and I had to adjust one of the menu settings to deselect the automatic seat feature. (2) you can sit sideways with your legs out the door before you start the car so that when you turn the key you won't smash into the steering column. You can then hit the seat control button to go to your setting. (Not an elegant solution, but it beats being smooshed against the inside of the windshield.)

The problem is the controls: there's no way to select the seat position you want before the automatic seat takes you involuntarily to the last position used.

The third alternative is to not let your wife drive the car. Didn't work in my family, although I tried.

================
    Mileage: 16 in the city. With gas in the $2.40's, we're looking at a $40+ fill every 300 miles.

================
    Leaky sunroof: if your dealer says it's normal, first call the zone manager for Infiniti, then get a new dealer.

=================
    seat position: I've never had a problem. Its trial and error.

=================
    replacement tire: you're talking $200 for a replacement Bridgestone Potenza 18".
  • Options
    pacargirlpacargirl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry - your input and advice is much appreciated! I'm following the advice given and will provide an update on any results.

again, thanks!
  • Options
    norrienorrie Member Posts: 1
    same problem with sunroof. i've purchased over 400,000.00 in vehicles from infinity (personal and company) in the last 2 years. had it in 4 times for them to correct the problem. they keep trying to adjust roof to seat better. last time in they totally replaced sunroof, still leaks. none of the others owned leak. now they don't respond to my calls.
  • Options
    i had posted that the fresh air in my fx35 worked fine. i thought it did .
    i was wrong.
    but today i drove it with all the windows down and an open sun roof witht he temp at 69 outside.
    the controls were set for fresh air,3 notches on the fan and air circ.to top /bottom-------

well,i got hot or warm air through the vents and nothing that i did would prevent it.

has anyone contacted infinity on this ?
  • Options
    twilliatwillia Member Posts: 29
    Hi all, I'm new to the FX45 / FX35 forum and a new Infiniti FX35 RWD owner. So far I love the vehicle. It's great! After around 200 miles I have my first question for which I'm hoping someone here can help. When driving on the freeway at around 80MPH in automatic mode, if I shift the gear lever over to manual mode, it says that I'm in 4th gear. I would think that at 80MPH the car would have been in 5th gear. I've done this several times and each time I move the lever to manual mode, I'm in 4th gear (when going over 60MPH). Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

Tony
  • Options
    stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    My FX45 shifts down to 4th gear as soon as I flick the stick over to the Manual Gate. I think this is normal. It's handy for slowing the car a bit when you unexpectantly come up to the car ahead of you.
    Since my car was new, all I get out of any non-AC mode is warm air. It's a result of the underhood air intake which would seem to drop AC efficiency. Seems like poor engineering as well as poor economics as here in San Diego, we have gobs of cool outside air I cannot use and it forces me to use the AC needlessly. But I guess it's great at the North Pole.
    Maybe a long hose from the intake point to the front of the vehicle would work?
  • Options
    sdavis44sdavis44 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at the FX35...like what I've seen so far. But can you shed a little light on interior space. I'm 6'-5", so very few cars allow me to stretch all the way out. But I sat in a 35 briefly, and I was pleased at how much space it had. However, I have two growing boys. Do the rear seats provide much room?

Also, this car would stretch my budget. What are the must-have option? Which options aren't so great? Any help appreciated.
  • Options
    twilliatwillia Member Posts: 29
    sdavis44,

I can't help you much with your first question, since I'm only 5'6", but I will say that even which my 6' friend in the passenger seat, there's a reasonable amount of room in the rear seat behind him.

As for the must-have options, I bought a FX35 RWD with the Touring Package, Splash Guards and Cargo Area Protector. I don't think the Sports Package or Technology Package are absolutely necessary but they do have nice features. The only option I think is absolutely necessary is the Touring Package. With that the vehicle retails for $38,040, has an invoice price of $34,860 and a TMV of $36,002.

Here in Arizona there were a lot of FX35s/FX45s on the lot and I got mine for $750 over invoice. Depending on where you live, you should be able to get one for $500 to $1000 over invoice. They also gave me a good deal on my trade-in site unseen.

Tony
  • Options
    lmsylvanlmsylvan Member Posts: 10
    Hello,
    I am considering the purchase of an FX35 and was wondering if there has been any word on potential changes for the 05 models. I usually wait a few years before buying a new model, and am hoping that Infiniti has addressed some of the nagging issues that I've read about here.
    Thanks,
    Denver
  • Options
    barolenrbarolenr Member Posts: 6
    I just bought the fx35 and drove a quick trip to the beach and I love the car. I have a few days to make a decision on buying the extended protectionplan from Infinity for about $2,500.00 I tend to keep my cars for about 7-9 years, give them to the kids or just trade in. Any suggestions about buying the plan? I have the touring and tech package and I am concerned about the cost of the computer problems I may have down the road. This is my first Infinity.
  • Options
    lmsylvanlmsylvan Member Posts: 10
    Hello,
    I am considering the purchase of an FX35 and was wondering if there has been any word on potential changes for the 05 models. I usually wait a few years before buying a new model, and am hoping that Infiniti has addressed some of the nagging issues that I've read about here.
    Thanks,
    Denver
  • Options
    re: extended warranty

$2500 is much, much too high. I was offered a price of about $1450 for 7 yrs, 100,000 mile protection. I think it had a $50 deductable. This was about $100 over dealer cost. (2004 RWD FX35 w/ Touring and Tech).
  • Options
    cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    "The memory function kinda sucks too. I am 6' tall with long legs and put the seat almost all the way back. When my wife drives the car, she moves the seat up. The minute I get back the car and insert my key it reverts to her position until I can use the memory to get my settings back, not a pleasant process. Is there any way to fix this? this is the ONLY thing that makes me miss my old RX300, otherwise this car has the Lexus beat in all aspects."

I have the same issue - I'm 6'3", she's 5'4". I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe the memory settings can be tied to each key transmitter - if you unlock the door with yours, it will automatically go to your presets. I've never actually tried it, as we interchange keys all the time. My lazy man's fix: before I turn the ignition switch, my left hand is waiting on the memory button to stop the seat.
  • Options
    cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    I'm 6'3", with longer-than-average legs. I always put the seat all the way back, but stay comfortable by periodically changing the tilt of the seat bottom cushion and back rest. The back seats are kind of hard to get into - the door opening in front of the seat is very small. Once you're in, there's a surprising amount of knee- and foot room due to the notched front seat backs. Should be no problem for kids until they start getting close to your height.
  • Options
    well,i just got to fla. after 2 days on the road.
    traffic moving at minimun of 80mph.
    through some states 95 t0 105 sustained for the length of the state. but mostly 78 to 86 mph.

i am not sayimg i did this .only traffic.

anyhow my mpg for the entire trip was 20.4

and,regarding tire inflation you are right. i have more wear in the center groove than sides.
    took press. down to 36 for the trip.
    but think will go down to 32.

in europe you usually increase tire press. according to load and,or speed.and it works.
    i got 62,000 miles out of michelin xmm using 42 psi versus recommended 28 to 30.

i guess this does not apply to the fx35,or to these tires.

by the way,anyone out there knows how much these tires,20 inch go for ?????
  • Options
    fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    I keep my pressure at about 34lbs cold and after 18,000 miles and rotation every 6,000 I have no uneven wear. I have RWDFX35 sport. Tirerack has the OEM 20" tires for $189ea.
  • Options
    thank you fxfan.
  • Options
    otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    Christian,

I'm trying to decide between a PilotEXLeather (my 7 yr. old daughter wants it) and an FX35Touring (I want - my wife doesn't care which one we get). I know they are 2 completely different animals (with a $6K spread), but given everything and what you know about each, which would you buy again??

The practical guy on my right shoulder says get the Pilot, the value guy on my left shoulder says you get much more with the FX. I've test driven many SUVs, but never liked them because of the corner lean...until I test drove the FX. The Pilot is softer, but has that lean.

Thanks,

Ralph
  • Options
    petewat3petewat3 Member Posts: 83
    "I have the same issue - I'm 6'3", she's 5'4". I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe the memory settings can be tied to each key transmitter - if you unlock the door with yours, it will automatically go to your presets."

I too remember reading this (I'm the only driver of mine so I've not tested it)....the memory settings for #1 or #2 are keyed to the individual fob. Just don't use the same fob as your wife.

Tire pressure: I have 33K on my FX45 and have experimented at three levels.

1. the recommended 32 cold/34 hot - no abnormal wear but didn't feel as good as higher pressures.
    2. 37-38 cold / 40 hot - great road feel but after a couple of K I was getting uneven center wear.
    3. for the last few K, I've run 35-36 cold / 38 hot and I'm not getting any abnormal wear and I have better feel than the lower pressures. This is where I keep it now.

When the FX first came out a lot of them required sunroof repair to fix leaks. There never was a recall but the dealers should be well aware of the issues and fixes. Mine has never leaked & I take through an automatic no-touch (high-pressure) wash at least once a week. Don't let the dealer tell you that it is normal to leak under high pressure - they know better.
  • Options
    That is a tough question two very different vehicles. I guess the question is what would the new vehicle be used for. Primary family hauler or commuter vehicle or a little of both. Do you have any need to carry more than 5 people on occasion.

If you have a small family (1-2 kids or dogs) and don't need to seat more than 5 get the FX. It was our primary vehicle for 6 months and we took a 2300 mile trip with the family of 4 and it worked wonderfully. We actually traded in a Honda Oddysey on the FX and have not looked back.

However we on occasion need to carry more than 4-5 people (reason we bough the oddysey). So when it came time to trade in my sedan the Pilot was a no brainer. It is a terrific bang for the buck. It can seat up to 8 in a pinch. My daughter is 4'10 at 8 yrs old and sits very comfortablly in the back row with room to spare. It has a huge cargo area and at about 30k for one with leather and dvd is a screaming vehicle. It also has awd while my FX is 2wd. So it is my "up north" vehicle.

If I could by only one again for my needs I would by the FX. The compliments, style, power, handling, bose system and gadgets (if you opt for the tech packagae) cannot be beat. I have still to find a vehicle that offers everything the fx does and is fun to drive under 50k. the lexus is nice but has no keyless go and is too feminine and soft for my wife even. The touareg while nice doesn't have the dvd nav, camera, in dash bose system etc. The X3 handles as well but is low on features and content for the price.

So I would get the FX if I could only pick one. However if utility and space are high up on the needs list the Honda is a very good vehicle. I think it is the best midsize 7+ seater out there for the price. The volvo and mdx are up there but they are both significantly more expensive while not much more fun to drive and offering less space.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! Just as I thought. We don't need the space. It's just the 3 of us, so it seems the FX is the way to go. The only negative I've found is the hard ride... but if I want no lean then I can't have a soft ride, too. It's really one or the other. Other negative is I'll be ObsessiveCompulsive with the FX (parking far from other cars, etc.) but less so with the Pilot.

Do you get tired of the FX's harder ride in comparison to the softer Pilot.... or does the awesome handling and grin overcome the harshness?? The Pilot handles well, but has the lean I'm trying to avoid.

Our other car is a LLBean 6cyl. Outback, so that will be our utility car. I think the mid-life crisis is going to win out here. We live a frugal life so I guess we deserve to splurge on a nice car...

Now the bargaining stage begins. Do we drive to Boston for $5K off MSRP or find a willing dealer in the NY area. Golden sand or black (w/ willow interior).

Thanks again!

Ralph
  • Options
    For those interested there are going to be two new exterior colours for 2005. One is a blue called Sapphire and another a silver called Platinum. The Platinum will only be available on the FX45.
    The DVD option will also include the lane departure warning system too.
  • Options
    aas5aas5 Member Posts: 50
    where did you find this out? Any way to see the actual colors online?
  • Options
    The ride doesn't bother me at all I keep my tires at 32 psi and unless I am on cobblestone or really bad pavement it is totally bearable. The pilot is softer but I much rather ride in the FX. Get the FX youwill surely enjoy it. Just don't let the subie nuts know or they will try and talk you into an XT :)
  • Options
    huma2huma2 Member Posts: 24
    why would you ever let a 7 yo decide what car you are going to buy? just wondering
  • Options
    The info is from the Infiniti 2005 model guide. Unfortunately no colour chips yet though :(
  • Options
    The last two cars we narrowed it down to were the FX35 and the Acura MDX (essentially the same as the Honda Pilot). We figured our daughter and her friends would outgrow the third row seats pretty quickly. We bought the FX with tech and touring and our daughter loves to watch the navigator maps and adjust the rear seats. My advice: get the FX... much more fun to drive - whether your daughter is in the car or not.
  • Options
    Some FX35 owners with XM satellite radio are experiencing problems with lost signals, requiring the owner to turn the car off and reset the radio or call 1-800-XMRADIO and refresh their units.

The problem seems to be that part of the satellite unit is installed behind the rear seat, and the unit overheats, causing it to lose the signal (poor airflow?). They're working on a fix, but right now the fix is to replace the unit - altho some replacement units experience the same problem (which is why they think the problem could be the location of the units).

My dealer didn't have any experience with Sirius units as they haven't installed that many.

Anybody else with a similar problem?
  • Options
    rhcp66rhcp66 Member Posts: 2
    I'm so excited - my husband & I are picking up our new FX-35 tonight. We test drove over the weekend and were both totally impressed with the handling. We're both looking forward to the 2 hour ride home from the dealership. Our salesman offered to drop the car off to us, but we want to drive it!!
  • Options
    LOL! Yes, I'm very familiar with the Subie crew. Very helpful group - learned a lot over the past few years after buying an LLBean 6 cyl. Outback and joining in the discussions. But, to be quite honest, I think they need to get lives...

At 60K miles, the LLBean has been flawless, but we want a wider car that doesn't lean when cornering. I'd consider the Subaru SUV...but is it ever coming??

My 7 year-old is not choosing our car - just voicing her opinion. :-)

Thanks,

Ralph
  • Options
    petew4petew4 Member Posts: 71
    LOL! Yes, I'm very familiar with the Subie crew. Very helpful group - learned a lot over the past few years after buying an LLBean 6 cyl. Outback and joining in the discussions. But, to be quite honest, I think they need to get lives...

haha..... ya think?... they are a rabid bunch. I traded a 2001 Outback VDC for my FX45 & spent a lot of time on the Subie boards. You'll love the FX if you choose to go that way. Compared to the Outback.....well, there is no comparison. The Pilot wasn't on my short list when I bought the FX (X5, Cay, MDX, & RX330) but it's core competence is very different. They aren't really comparable.
  • Options
    fxsportfxsport Member Posts: 13
    OK, am I the only one who thinks the back seat rides incredibly rough? I have a one year old who wakes up at every bump, and when one of us sits back there we get nasueas form the ride. Is this an every SUV thing or just mine?? I'm thinking of taking the hit and trading my 5 month old FX in!
  • Options
    fzara2003fzara2003 Member Posts: 12
    My mom just got the FX35 and she's not very happy with the car. The entire family went one day to our local church 35 minutes away and my dad and aunt hated the ride in the back.

The back is VERY rough. Do not buy this crossover if you have children. Instead, consider a Lexus.