Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon Hybrid

167891012»

Comments

• Ive had my tahoe hybrid 08' for about 5 yrs with nothing but issues. From door panels falling off to door locks not working and mainly engine problems. Had to be towed twice when my wife was out of state with the kids for lifter problems, on the same trip. First dealership said it was the oil pan filter and sender, and replaced lifters. After about a month she went to pick up and it broke down again, stranding her in the middle of nowhere. Towed to another dealer and they replaced lifters again. We have had it shut off on us numerous times once on highway, the RPM's will climb up until we put it in neutral, it will lunge forward or stutter so bad it almost dies, and during hot weather which is always(we live in las Vegas) it idles very rough it seems its going to die. Every time we take to dealer they say if its not doing it then they can not check it. Now that its 2 month after warranty and 3k miles passed parts warranty for the lifters, they say they can "recreate" the issue at $130 for diagnostics. And that it might be more if they need to dig deeper at a cost over $1k! Not including amount to fix. For a $54k SUV, its a POS. If they don't fix, i will sell it and never buy GM or GMC every again and will tell everyone I can about all issues. Seems to be a very common problem with Chevy the more i read.
  • tlingtling Posts: 8
    diagnostics should show all codes and the way it is running. I take it higher than the dealer right to GM. Hope you kept all invoices and comments from the dealer.
  • I have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid purchased new and now have about 130K miles on it. I am a big fan of my car. I recently have been experiencing stalling issue with my car. It only happens when I am at a stop light or stop sign and I want to move forward. The car does not move forward it has to take moment 10 seconds or more. The most severe situation is a I had to put the car back into park and them back into drive for it to re-engage and move forward. The car does not have issues grabbing gears at higher speeds . I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thank you for your time.
  • rudy2014rudy2014 Posts: 1

I recently purchased a 2008 Tahoe hybrid and I want to change the headlights, drl's, and parking lamps from the stock bulbs to halogen. Is this safe and does anyone have a recommendation on what type, brand, etc.?

• I have had a problem for the past three years. When I am at a stop light the RPM's climb all the way up to even 4000 RPM's and I have to put the car into neutral. There is also hesitation and jerking. Usually it happens once a month and if I make a stop and turn off the engine, the problem goes away. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they can't duplicate the problem. Today it has done it all day. My truck is now past 100,000 miles and diagnostics fees are costly. Any advise as to what the problem may be.
  • Hello

I'm in the process of buying a 2009 Chevy Tahoe hybrid, however i when i went to look at the vehicle and do a test drive i notice it was not showing me the power flow or basically if i am using gas or the battery while driving. I currently drive a 2007 toyota highlander hybrid and it has a display that tells when I'm in hybrid mode or using gas. When i told the dealer, he says that model doesn't come with that display. I looked it up online and there are pics and video showing the hybrid power flow display. And the vehicle I'm sure is a hybrid with the logo and i even looked in the engine and saw the system. We looked at the navigation screen and there was no tab or options to view the hybrid system.

My question is, are there some 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrids that do not show the power flow display? Also isn't the engine suppose to shut off when the vehicle is not moving or in park? Reason being when we stopped, i still heard the engine running, which i had to question.

How can i tell if this is a real Chevy Tahoe hybrid and not just a regular Tahoe?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,965
    edited November 8
    selecta82 said:

My question is, are there some 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrids that do not show the power flow display? Also isn't the engine suppose to shut off when the vehicle is not moving or in park? Reason being when we stopped, i still heard the engine running, which i had to question.

How can i tell if this is a real Chevy Tahoe hybrid and not just a regular Tahoe?

I'm going to have to dig into this since it has me very curious. I can't imagine producing a hybrid vehicle that did not have dashboard displays that, at a minimum, show that the hybrid system is engaged.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,846
    selecta82 said:

Hello

I'm in the process of buying a 2009 Chevy Tahoe hybrid, however i when i went to look at the vehicle and do a test drive i notice it was not showing me the power flow or basically if i am using gas or the battery while driving. I currently drive a 2007 toyota highlander hybrid and it has a display that tells when I'm in hybrid mode or using gas. When i told the dealer, he says that model doesn't come with that display. I looked it up online and there are pics and video showing the hybrid power flow display. And the vehicle I'm sure is a hybrid with the logo and i even looked in the engine and saw the system. We looked at the navigation screen and there was no tab or options to view the hybrid system.

The hybrid has badges that indicate it is a hybrid. If those are there, it is a hybrid.

Note that on this model, the start/stop is the biggest help. That particular hybrid was maximized for providing 110V power at the worksite, not driving. It is completely different from the Toyota scheme.
    stevedebi said:

The hybrid has badges that indicate it is a hybrid. If those are there, it is a hybrid.

Note that on this model, the start/stop is the biggest help. That particular hybrid was maximized for providing 110V power at the worksite, not driving. It is completely different from the Toyota scheme.

Ah, so it's sort of a hybrid that really doesn't emphasize its "hybridness"?

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,846
    PF_Flyer said:

stevedebi said:

Ah, so it's sort of a hybrid that really doesn't emphasize its "hybridness"?
    The target market was contractors who needed the power tools at the work site.
    stevedebi said:

The target market was contractors who needed the power tools at the work site.

So it all makes sense... sort of. I would wonder why they would leave out dashboard displays, but then I remember that most vehicles are down to one physical key lock on the outside to save money (I assume that's the logic)

167891012»