Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Camaro ls vs infinity g37x, my friend is lying or some thing?

arkaimarkaim Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet

Hello Guys,

Here is a little story which left me puzzled.

I leased my Camaro ls in February 2014, new, paid no inception fee, only paid like 100$ i believe for registration transfer. and i believe no more than another 100$ for document fee, if even that, no other inception been paid. Lease is for 39 months, MSRP of the car i believe 24k. monthly payment came up to 347$.

My friend a month ago leased infinity g37x for 39 months, with 1500$ inception fee, the car is also 2014, new, MSRP i believe 34k. his monthly payment he said is 319$.

So my question, how he got 319$ monthly payment on car which has MSRP of 34k even with his inception?

I really feel like, either Chevrolet ripped me, or my friend is really lying. I did some calculations and there is just no way his car should cost him 320$. Can some one clear this debate for me?

Comments

• Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

There are some variables missing from the equation. Two things I suspect are different about these deals:
    1. The vehicle's residual value (as a percentage of MSRP), and
    2. Money factor

That's just a guess.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

Camaros don't lease very well. I think that's because they don't have any trouble selling them, so there is little need for lease incentives. Also, a car like the Camaro will, on average, get a little more abuse than your typical luxury sedan. The bank needs to make a little more on the lease to compensate for that. (after all, they are getting the car back at lease end).

In 2011, I leased a G37X with an MSRP of $42K for $357/mo.+ tax... with about $700 due at signing.... The G37 has historically leased for a very low payment, so your friend's story is believable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator