Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

1389390391392393395»

Comments

• I just brought my 2000 Pathfinder in to get checked for the recall yesterday. They tell me that the rust from the strut tower has also eroded the frame of the car and it is un-repairable! Next step is to call in some "expert" from Nissan to make the determination. Then they will apparantly "buy me out". This sounds like they want me to buy a new car. (which I'm not). I loved this car and can't afford a new one. Anyone else have this happen? They said this could take weeks and they have given me a rental at no charge. I'm in CT, by the way.
  • 99accent99accent Posts: 232
    there is a recall on that strut and they must by law of the national safety counsel fix it , I checked under my fender wells and on top at the strut I'm lucky they Are like new on a 2003 pathfinder,

Owners of model year 1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder and 1997-2003 Infiniti QX4 SUVs should be expecting a letter from their dealerships or Nissan/Infiniti next month.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has determined that road salt and melted snow can build in the strut housing causing it to corrode and possibly crack. This can result in grinding noises, increased steering effort, and even the loss of steering.

About 225,650 Pathfinders from model years 1996-2004 and about 45,330 Infiniti QX4 SUVs from model years 1997 to 2003 are affected in the U.S. and Canada.

A notification letter will be sent to customers affected by the recall on or before May 16, 2011, or owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261. Nissan will inspect the strut housing and repair the problem free of charge.

Read more: http://blogs.automotive.com/strut-housing-corrosion-leads-to-nissan-pathfinder-i- nfinite-qx4-recalls-12344.html#ixzz1p2B7OpGA
  • poapoa Posts: 2
    I HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE UNIT OF THIS JEEP FROM TEXAS AND THE FIRST PROBLEM NOTICED WAS THAT THERE WAS A MIX OF WATER FROM THE RADIATOR TO THE TRASMISSION SYSTEM.
    THIS WAS DRAINED AND THE REPAIR WAS MADE TO AVOID THE LEAKAGE OF WATER.
    WHAT I NOTICED WAS THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS ALREADY BAD .
    I AM IN NIGERIA AND MY LOCAL MACHANIC ADVICED FOR A COMPLETE CHANGE OF THE TRANSMISSION.
    HOW DO WE MANAGE THIS PROBLEM.
    IT WAS ALSO DISCOVERED THAT MAJORITY OF THESE MODEL HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM.
    THE INVESTMENT IS ALREADY MADE .
    HOW DO WILL RECTIFY THIS.
    KINDLY ADVICE.

PIUS
  • poapoa Posts: 2
    NISSAN SHOULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY AND ADVICE CUSTOMERS ALREADY HAVIVING THE PROBLEM ON THE WAY FORWARD.
    THIS IS REQUIRED TO RETAIN CUSTOMERS LOYALTY.
    THANKS
    PIUS
  • jcirinojcirino Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and your saying that P255/70 R16 will fit the pathfinder SE with no problems?
  • 99accent99accent Posts: 232
    they are hoping your warranty runs out first so your stuck with the bill
  • Hey All,

Looks like next year I'll be looking to replace the original tires. Just wondering what fellow PFers have chosen. Likes or even dislikes after a purchase. The factory tires are Dunlop Grandtrek TG35. I'm interested in same size, all season replacements (P245/70R16). Started checking some online reviews of major brands, but too many mixed messages; one says they're great, the next says they're no good. Thanks !

2003 PF in Toronto.
  • Does anyone know when the 2014 Pathfinder will be for sale?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,947
    edited June 2013
    It's supposed to be on sale now. But when I try the Inventory link under the New Cars tab above, I can't find any in the couple of zip codes I've tried.

We don't have the 2014 on the new vehicle pages yet either but there's this
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder Starts at $29,545 story that says it's out there.

Anyone?