Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Serge,

Grand pix.

Amon & Lauda's cars... brings back memories...

Jim
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    Jim,
    The other later 312(T5?) was Gilles Villeneuve's car...also brings back lots of memories.
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That exhaust is a work of art.

-juice
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    juice, being close to that is amazing...it's like being in a plumbing factory.

The owner of the FXX turned it on and revved it...what a deafening sound, but nice...800 HP makes a lot of sound.
    There was a car there that used to be owned by Steve McQueen, a 250 GT Lusso in brown; the owner said McQueen used to order all his cars in that color.
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    I feel the turbos actually simplified the plumbing. You should see the tuned exhaust systems from the late '60s and early 70s. Looked like a bunch of tangled snakes!

Jim
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Very nice, Will! They give it a very distinctive look.

Steve
  • Options
    Wow, that looks great!

I should try to get bigger rims for my wife's car. She has 15" alloys right now from an older Legacy Turbo.

-juice
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Those are good looking wheels. Subaru does a pretty good job with their wheel designs (except US-spec Forester wheels).

Those Legacy GT wheels are similar to my '06 WRX wheels, which I also think are great looking—and easy to clean!

Bob
  • Options
    alaskanwillalaskanwill Member Posts: 28
    The thing about big rims is they look nice until you hit a pothole.

In other news, putting on summer tires directly triggered 6 to 9 inches of snow on Sunday. Everybody in the Anchorage bowl hates me!!
  • Options
    bat1161bat1161 Member Posts: 1,784
    I agree - nice looking wheels. And they defintely get scratched/banged up easily :( .
    "In other news, putting on summer tires directly triggered 6 to 9 inches of snow on Sunday. Everybody in the Anchorage bowl hates me!! "

I thought Anchorage would have snow until at least April. Guess I have a lot to learn. Have fun in the snow!

Mark
  • Options
    rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820

• Options
    Looks nice, especially on a nice spring day. :)

Bob
  • Options
    Sweet, if you get tired of it I'll take it off your hands. ;)

-juice
  • Options
    tsytsy Member Posts: 1,551
    Nice Rob!
    I'm glad you're not flooded!
    Is it nice in Boston? 1 month in spring and 1 month in fall- best 2 months of the year!

tom
  • Options
    bat1161bat1161 Member Posts: 1,784
    Went away for a few days to the Berkshires and finally took a picture of my Bean Wagon and myself.

Mark

Not sure why the links are working. I copied it from my Carspace here at Edmunds.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The URLs in the properties of those images from your CarSpace don't quite look right. Here's what one from my page looks like:

http://www.carspace.com/pf_flyer/.59954d7b!v=

Put it in the IMG tag and you get:

Open your photo album, then open the photo you want to link to. Right click on it and choose Properties and copy the URL. You can paste it into a browser window to be sure it's going to display before you put it in a post.
  • Options
    Had to take down that last post because of the size of the image. Oversized images case the right margin of the message area to move undere the right side videos and cause us a few problems.

So please remember to check the size of the image you wish to share before you add it to a post. If it's larger than 500 pixels wide, just post the URL to the pic. That way, others can still see it full size in the new window that it will open in and we avoid the margin issue.

An easy way to "resize" images is to put them in a CarSpace photo album and then link to them from there. They come out just the right size for posting that way!
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Question to moderator Bob: Couldn't you have just surgically removed the IMG links rather than brute-force removing the entire post?

Anyway, here's a link to some photos.

Ken
  • Options
    Sometimes when I post an image I get the "link," and have to click it for the image to show. Other times (if the image is really small), it will show up fine.

I can't post an image the size Ken just posted, and have it show up like that. It will be a link that I have to click on, then it will show up. What's the deal here? Anyone?

Bob
  • Options
    Sorry, don't have surgical tools to edit within a post. That's not something the hsots are likely to get the ability to do. It's the BIG hammer or nothing.
  • Options
    lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    well, here she is, with her new kicks

and with big sister

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    and there's a last glimpse at your XT in the first one.

-Brian
  • Options
    Looks good Loosh. I like the wheels. Those tires look larger than stock. Is that the case?

Bob
  • Options
    Prevailing opinion over on the RS25 boards (where old schoolers go to escape turbo madness ;) ) was that GF's don't get along too well with alternative tire sizes, so I played it by the book- 205/55/16. It's a wide 205/55 though, compared to other makes on TireRack. And lastly, the polished lip on the SSRs make them appear smaller than a 16", and create the illusion of a bigger tire, IMHO. *shrug* They're light, strong, and I got 'em cheap.
  • Options
    Nice pics, Loosh. The OBS looks clean. The similar color to the OB makes it look like a "mini-me". Any suspension mods in mind?

Oh, and is that your house in the background? Looks like a charming area.

Ken
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    Maybe it's time for a quick lesson in model generations, one might mistake GF for girlfriend :P There very well may be some girlfriends that don't get along well with alternative tire sizes LOL

I don't know them all but the Impreza has GC, GD, GF, GG, and the Forester has SF and SG.

-Brian
  • Options
    Yes, yes it is the house. And it is a charming area, more charming than the Forester payment. So there it is.

Suspension mods? Eventually. It has a Saabaru 17mm RSB on there already, which is a nice upgrade. I made the mistake of browsing through Racecomp Engineering's 1997 OBS project car thread in the suspension forums on you know where.....wowie. Right in Paisan's wheelhouse. As parts need replacing, I am for sure going that route. In the Spring I'll do WRX front brakes at a minimum.

Thanks for the primer Brian, I forgot that GF has a double meaning around here ;)
  • Options
    Very clean and I love the matching set you now have. Big smiley :) for not having a car payment!

-juice
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    I need help, how do you link photos from carspace to the photo gallery?

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    When you go into one of your photo albums and click on a picture, underneath the pic and next to the description/caption, you'll see a box labeled "Embed image: (put picture on your page)"

Just copy what's in that box and paste it into your post

• Options

Just a couple of Pics of the Titan and the wee car after getting a good detailing,

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    As always, nice work Pat! The GT really looks hot.

Craig
  • Options
    Yeah Craig the Titan looks good for five and a half years old. The little 323 is pretty nice also for 13 years old.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820
    Can you do my GT next? Rob M.
  • Options
    Rob, your's needs more help than simple detailing.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Nice work, Pat. Did you clear the GT's corner lights? Looks good.

Ken
  • Options
    Yeah Ken I cleared the corners shortly after I got it.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Ditched the "Outback Sport" decals on the rear doors today...

...and gave it a Klasse All-In-One treatment too. Looking less and less like a 9 year old car with 140k on it. Ran out of time to do the Klasse sealant, and it's going to rain tomorrow. Oh well.
  • Options
    That's a good looking little car Loosh, I much prefer that body style to the new ones. That for sale sign is not on your place is it?

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    I've always had a soft spot for it too, so I'm pretty happy.

That there is the house next door for sale
  • Options
    Oh, was it something you said. ;)

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Looks like a picture from a new car brochure. Very clean.

I like those rims, too. Plenty of void space for air to cool the brakes.

-juice
  • Options
    ..and they're 11 pounds each. A noticable difference swapping to them from the steelies. Thanks!
  • Options
    Seriously? Wow, that's light.

My Miata's wheels weight about 12 lbs, IIRC, and they're just 14"x6".

The BBS rims on the special edition early Miatas were just 8.9 lbs, but those are the lightest I've ever heard of, and still just 14" diameter.

-juice
  • Options
    yea, they are 16" SSR Comps, originally $350 or so each. 11 was what Tire Track's descrption said, anyways. I bought them from a very nice guy on the forester site for $700 a set. Back when I had money :P
  • Options
    Peaks and valleys, buddy, peaks and valleys.

We're having a good year so far. If my brother pays me back we'll be golden. Wifey has good consulting prospects, too.

Last year was horrible for us. We could barely afford the bills after the holidays.

-juice
  • Options
    :D Oh, I know it. Not unhappy at all. It is what it is, ya know? :shades:
  • Options
    bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
This discussion has been closed.