Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    That S2000 looks easy enough to spend some time on cleaning/waxing/polishing. However, the reflection of the grass on the S2000 doesn't make it appear any shorter, so you'll still have to cut that grass.

I usually go immediately over the Klasse AIO application with Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray and a MF towel.

-Brian
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    That's a very very nice toy Craig, I wish you all the best with it. As they say in Ireland health to enjoy.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Thanks guys! I like the Irish sayings Pat!

Brian, yeah, the S2K was a breeze to wax because of the small size and no roof, plus lots of flat body panels (the car has a really basic shape). That is a great idea to follow up with the Meguiars Quick detailer, I bet it works even better than the water rub. As for the grass, well, it is getting a vacation from mowing as I bombard it with weed killers. Another couple weeks and it will be time for the usual routine of aeration, seeding, etc...

Two tidbits I forgot to mention about the S2K -- I've been getting 26-30 mpg on the first two tanks (which saves me $70-100 a month when commuting compared to the OB XT) and the car has no room to transport a pizza, won't even fit in the trunk!

CRaig
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Craig,

Very nice detailing job, not to mention one hawt car!

BTW, you've on your own discovered something similar to the WOWO (wipe-on-wipe-off) method of Klasse SG. Over at the autopia detailing forums, one fellow basically came up with the idea of buffing off the SG before it had time to dry. Simply apply SG to a panel and then immediately buff off with microfiber without waiting for it to dry. Lots of OCD fanatics have tried side-by-side comparisons of the traditional apply-dry-buff vs. WOWO method and they couldn't see much difference in both shine and durability.

I do it all the time with my LGT and the resutls are very impressive. Glass like shine without the wait!

I've also found very good results with the Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield spray as well. I use this in between Klasse applications to keep the finish shiny and ultra smooth.

Ken
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Makes me feel ashamed of my Miata. Leaves and debris from the trees are starting to fall so it almost looks polka-dotted right now.

I gotta wait for some repainted panels to cure before I wax it. Had some minor damage recently, so gotta wait 6 weeks.

-juice
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    I haven't washed my car in months...why bother; it rains everyday!
    Serge
  • Options
    dstew1dstew1 Member Posts: 275
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Looks very nice. Enjoy your new ride!

Bob
  • Options
    Congrats! Is that the new metallic grey color?

Ken
  • Options
    But I can't let Sandy see that, she'll be jealous. ;)

-juice
  • Options
    Sweet! That is one fun car to drive, you will love it. I think I like the 03-05 front end better though -- it had more of a sinister look that fit with the XT theme.

Craig
  • Options
    dstew1dstew1 Member Posts: 275
    Ken - Yes, it is Steel Gray Metallic

So far It's been a blast to drive!
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Wow I can see myself in that reflection!

FYI, It'll look even better with a charcoal tint on the windows :-)

-Frank
  • Options
    Here's Dave's (my son) new Steel Gray/Crystal Gray Outback Sport SE.

Bob
  • Options
    Love that color combo. The grays go very well together.

-juice
  • Options
    Bob, beautiful car...you must be jealous, ergo the new WRX wagon....
    P.S. my handle on the other place is short for MCLarenMK8D...love Can-Am cars
  • Options
    Yeah, I just figured that out. :) I'll post pixs of the WRX once I get it—hopefully in a few days. :)

Bob
  • Options
    Just picked up a new '06 black 5-speed WRX Limited wagon!

Bob
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    That's yours?! Cool beans! :D
  • Options
    Yep. :)

Now I have to go clean the snow off, as we got several inches of the white stuff last night. More comments over in the "Member's" thread.

Bob
  • Options
    njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
    black cars look so great when clean but with those salt stains all over my black fxt yuck.........

plus i wonder if those people that dont care about other peoples cars, when opening their car doors, really target black cars cuz as skinny as the fxt is it has a ton of door scratches on it
  • Options
    njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
  • Options
    I know. It will just force me to keep it clean.

Bob
  • Options
    Looks fantastic, Bob! Congrats again.

Any plans to tint the rear windows? A nice neutral smoke metallic tint would look fantastic on a black wagon.

Ken
  • Options
    Hmmm... Haven't thought about that Ken.

Bob
  • Options
    tsytsy Member Posts: 1,551
    Looks good, Bob. Especially with the snow to contrast the black!

tom
  • Options
    Thanks Tom, but the car is no longer black (thanks to the road salt). :) We got some more snow last night, after those photos were shot.

Bob
  • Options
    Oh no -- not evil road salt!

Detail that new ride and put on a protective layer of sealant to keep the finish shiny for a long time.

Here's a link to a website of an LGT sedan owner who knows how to detail. Lots of good advice there.

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks Ken. You can bet I will be at the car wash as soon as the roads clear of salt.

Bob
  • Options
    ocdetailsocdetails Member Posts: 3
    Yeah... I hate salt too. Here's a thread with some pics in it. Not pretty at all... I need to write a winter car care article ASAP because right about now is "bombard Anthony with winter detailing questions" time. lol

• Options
    Hey, Anthony! Good to see you over here on Edmund's also.

How timely of you after I refered Bob to your website!

Ken
  • Options
    :) Yeah, I've been lurking for a long time around here. I saw traffic coming to OCDetails from here and thought I'd drop by. :) Thanks for spreading the word about www.OCDetails.com I've tried to make it helpful for all types of car owners and not just Subie drivers. I still can't help showcasing the LGT though. ;) It's just so darn photogenic. ...well, it is when it's clean. lol
  • Options
    rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820
    Hey OCD. I always find you entertaining on the 'other board'. Welcome to the crew. Rob M, proud owner of a heavily salted 05 ABP LGT LTD.
  • Options
    No problem. Your website has been too informative to share just on Legacygt.com!

In fact, thanks to your input, I think I'll be buying a PC 7424 before the end of this year. I've been itching to detail my GT wagon for some time now. It's long over due for a full Klasse makeover.

Ken
  • Options
    Sweet. We need to get PremiumAutoCare.com as an advertiser over here so that more people will know where to go to get the good stuff. It doesn't get better than the products and service from them. They are one of the best in the industry. I've almost got Dwayne talked into buying a Legacy in fact. lol
  • Options
    Here are some shots I took today:

This is from the top of the mountain where I skied today, at about 3500ft elevation in the Blue Ridge Mtns of Virginia:

And here's a shot in the airlift clearing at the top of the mountain. Not a lot of snow up there now, but there will be in a few weeks! You can see the new Hella FF driving lights I put on the wagon, for better illumination when driving in the mountains at night. They come on with the high beams and really blast out the light.

Craig
  • Options
    Looks good Craig! :) Any legal issues with those Hella lights?

Bob
  • Options
    I sure hope not!! I researched the VA state code and it's OK by VA standards as far as I can tell.

Craig
  • Options
    Nice photos!

How about some close ups of the Hellas and maybe even a photo from the driver's view at night?

Was the installation difficult? Did you mount onto the bumper?

I think in most states having up to four forward projecting lights on at one time is legal.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken, you're right about the four lights max -- that was one requirement I came across. I'll nab some photos of the lights and install next time I get a chance.

I ended up mounting flat aluminum bars to the grille (they stick out about 2"), and the lights perch on the bars. I had a tough time finding a place to mount the lights on the car, and this was the best I came up with. I cant say I like the look, but it's not offensive either! And it is good to have the lights mounted up high at headlight level.

Craig
  • Options
    Nice. I'm looking forward to the photos.

BTW, did you consider wiring the driving lights so they can also be used with your low beams?

Ken
  • Options
    The driving lights are so bright and directional, they would blind other drivers if they were on with the low beams (in fact, the low beams would be irrelevant at that point!). But, they make an ideal pairing for the high beams. Driving lights are perfect for situations where highs are on and you need more light.

The standard fog lights on the Outback pair nicely with the low beams.

Craig
  • Options
    Bigger than life. Substantial. Awe-inspiring.

The mountains are also nice. ;)

-juice
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Ken,

Can you (or Craig) elaborate on the "four forward at a time" rule? Wouldn't you have 6 on with this arrangement (low beam bulbs, high beam bulbs, driving lights)?

Steve
  • Options
    Steve,

That's what I was thinking too. The 05+ OB/Leg uses separate high and low beam bulbs. I believe (and haven't checked yet) that the lows stay on with the highs (just the fogs switch off).

Ken
  • Options
    I need to play with the lights on my OB tonight -- I recall that the "flash to pass" setting (pull stalk back) is brighter than the high-beam setting (stalk forward) which makes me think it's more complicated than highs and lows on at the same time during normal use of high beams. Perhaps the DRLs are on with high beams? On the 05+ models, the DRL and low beams are in the same projector lens, while the high beams are a separate reflector.

Anyway, I believe the factory lights, regardless of how many beams are in each unit, count as a single light source according to my state (they lump multi-beam headlights and single-beam headlights into the same "headlight" category). Some of the exotic japanese/euro sedans already have numerous simultaneous beams per unit which probably exceed four in number if one were to interpret that count to pertain to beams instead of units. It's hard to say -- the rules are somewhat vague.

Craig
  • Options
    From last weekend at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach(thumbnails):imageimageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

more to come..stay tuned for the sequels
    Serge
  • Options
    Very tasty indeed. :)

Bob
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    If anybody has questions about the cars shown, shout out.
    Serge
This discussion has been closed.