Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Questions - Ask Here

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I have a couple of e-mails out to Mazda dealers asking:

1) What is the net cap cost for this deal ?
    2) What is the money factor for this deal ?
    3) Is this deal available on other RX-8s besides this base model ?

I will post if I hear something back.

Dennis
  • jphillipsjphillips Member Posts: 3
    Carman, can you tell me what the latest Residual and Money Factor is for a 2005 Lexus GX 470 including Navagation and 3rd row seat? I am looking at both a 48 Month 15K/Yr Lease and a 36 Month 15K/Yr Lease?

Thanks,
    - Jimmy
  • captchaos145captchaos145 Member Posts: 6
    CarMan I am responding to your questions regarding the 2005 Acura TL lease. Here are my answers. By the way my girlfriend, who is up my you know what, just wants this done even though we only actually started looking this past Sat. Please tell here this takes some time!!!

Anyway.... She wants the 2005 TL auto w/Nav. The full MSRP is $34,650 with a dest. fee of $545. The invoice is $31,575. I checked on line and I believe these #'s are correct. I would like to get this car for $32,000. 48 month lease with 12k a year. We took her trade (2002 Toyota Camry LE with 45,000 miles) to 1 of the local dealerships and they "appraised" the car for $10,500 and her buyout is $14,500. I assume they are rolling $4000 into the new lease. From what I gather the buy rate is .00220 and the same dealership quoted me a buy rate of .00230. I am doing my numbers and I am coming up with a total monthly payment (with $2,500 down) of $485 - $500. I want to do the very best though without looking like a pain in the [non-permissible content removed]. I am in sales too. I was also wondering if the Dest. fee of $545 is negotiable or again am I being a pest. The car is on the lot. DWYNN gave me a residual rate of 59% w/Nav but that was for a 36 month lease. I don't know if that changes for the 48 month lease she wants. I knew nothing about this 5 days ago so this is all a crash course!!!

I hope I have given you all of the necessary info you need.

Please help
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    The alarm through the dealership is being marked up as mentioned in an above post. What year is your Civic? Reason being most Honda models since 98' have what is called transponder bypass keys, also referred to as chipped keys. The BCM reads the code emitted from the key itself. Your car can not be stolen with older methods, the actual key is needed to start the car, when you need replacement keys you have to go threw the dealership or others that code keys, not your local Home Depot.

Now if you want the contents of your vehicle protected an aftermarket alarm will do this. The bypass modules as referred above are needed for remote start functions. Honda's require only one, additional protective modules such as radar or glass or almost useless.

Regardless go aftermarket to a reputable shop, the dealership does not install these, they are sourced out, most likely you'll end up at the same place the dealership uses, less the mark up.
  • frank310frank310 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks Car_man, I appreciate your time and effort. So far the lowest pricing I have gotten is the one I posted above, all other prices were in the high $800's with anywhere from $1,800 to $3,800 down. Again these were based on April rates wonder if May rates will be better or worse and if I can still get an 05. I wanted a 2006 530 but the rates on those were $100 per month more than an 05 545.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I see, gwarrenfl. I thought that your ordered car was still in transit. If it is already physically at the dealer then yes you would have to sign your contract on it before the 5th to take advantage of the April program. Given the fact that April's program is fair and we are approaching convertible season, I probably would sign a lease using the April program if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Hello ae5555. Acura is still not providing any sort of lease support on the 2005 TL. As a result, if you were to lease one through American Honda Finance Corp. in May for 3 years you would have to use its standard lease money factor of .00240. I have not seen this car's new May residual values yet, but should be able to give you an idea of what they are like if you post a reminder in this discussion for me tomorrow. For now I can tell you that AHFC's lease acquisition fee is a whopping $1,095 in New York.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Greetings eva3b. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact Honda Pilot that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    No problem, d_nyholm. I think that BMW's lease program on the M3 is pretty similar in May to what it was like last month. If you were to lease a 2005 BMW M3 Coupe through BMW FS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00200 and 57%, respectively. Its numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease should be .00200 and 62%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Hello Doug. In order for me to give you an accurate idea of what this car's current lease program is like, I need you to tell me the exact model that you want (its money factors and residual values vary by trim level, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    HA, that was very poetic, Dennis ;). Very true indeed.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Hi rosales1. You are making a $2,500 security deposit on a Mazda RX-8?!?! Something does not sound right here. Banks' normal lease security deposits are equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment. The only way your vehicle's security deposit would be higher than that is if you were putting multiple deposits down. Many banks, especially the captive finance companies for luxury brands, allow consumers to make multiple security deposits on leases, with each additional deposit reducing the money factor that is being used to calculate their car or truck's monthly payment by a certain amount. I am not sure if the bank that you are planning on leasing your RX-8 through offers this sort of program. If the $2,500 is indeed a function of making multiple security deposits, then yes it will be fully refunded to you at lease-end, provided you do not owe any money for excess mileage or excess wear and tear. More likely, the $2,500 consists of your car's first month's payment security deposit, acquisition fee, and some sort of down payment. If that is the case, then you will only get back the security deposit portion.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Hey Jimmy. Unfortunately, Lexus is not providing any sort of lease support on the 2005 GX 470 right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services at this time, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I saw its standard factor it was around .00225 for Sign and Drive Tier + customers who pay a security deposit. LFS' 3 year, 15,000 miles per residual value for a 2005 GX 470 with navigation should currently be around 56%. The residual for an otherwise equivalent 4 year lease should be 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, captchaos145. I will make some calls and see if I can find out what this car's new May lease program is like. I will post a message containing answers to all of your questions on this subject tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    You're very welcome, frank310. BMW Financial Services' May lease money factor and residual value for a 3 year, 12,000 miles per lease of a 2005 BMW 545i are .00100 and 59%, respectively. As you seem to have found out, BMW is not currently providing much in the way of lease support on the 2006 530i. Its May numbers for a 3 year 12k lease of this car are .00250 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Are the new MF and Res numbers out yet for May on the Altima and Maxima? SE models.
    Also, In NY,When you trade in a vehicle its value is used against the purchase price of the new vehicle when figuring sales tax....DOes this benefit extend to leasing? I have not traded in on last few cars I leased and don't remember..Planning to trade this time.
    I am debating between a Max for 3 or a loaded Altima for 2 years. THey come out with similar payment using Aprils numbers..
    ALso..Does the Altima SE lease program include the SE-R model?
    Thanks!!!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    Hi Carman,
    A friend here at work is looking to lease an '05 Pacifica Touring FWD (with the 26T package). We get preferred pricing, so it works out to the following:
    MSRP $30,940
    selling price $25,531

He wants to know what it would cost to lease at this sell price. So if you could provide money factor and residual at 36 and 48 months, I would be appreciative.

Thanks!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• madhu2madhu2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,
    Last night I signed Accord LX lease.
    Here are the detail:
    Accord LX 4 DR 4 Cyl Automatic (comes with standard options, so no further additions needed)
    3 years/ 15000 miles per year
    0 down $260 per month for 36 months. (this includes NJ sales tax, Motor Vehicle fees, documentation cost etc)
    If I was willing to hunt more I could have got 250 per month at some other places.
    After signing the lease, finance dept asked me whether I was happy with the service and how I would rank the dealership in the manufacturer survey. I told I would rank it high. He gave me 2 years of oil change, 3 years of roadside assistance, 3 years of tire/ trim assistance for free.

Thanks Car_man and Dennis for hosting this valuable forum. Thanks fellow drivers for keeping this forum uptodate with the latest information. This is my first lease and without help of all of you I would not have dared to enter the process.

In fact before reading this forum I was thinking of Altima / corolla. But I came to know about Accord LX deals here. So I started getting quotes from edmunds. Checked inventory/ prices by calling internet managers (same as sales managers/fleet managers in many cases). Also since Accord LX has all the options factory installed, it is easy to compare prices.
    Thanks again.
  • lookin4adeallookin4adeal Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car_man,

My lease on my 2002 VW Jetta is coming up next month and I need to get into something else. I have been looking and looking, but cant seem to find a decent deal on a higher end sporty car. I have looked at the A4, G35, and 325i. Yesterday, Infiniti said the lease would be 579/ month for 36/15k. Which i thought was craziness because I too can do the math. What would you reccomend that you can get a good lease deal on right now? Im looking to stay in the low 400's if possible. Thanks for your suggestions.

John
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    Saab 9-2X Aero? A clone to the Subaru WRX wagon.. You can probably do about $370+tax for one that MSRPs for around $32K...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You want a "higher end" car and pay $400 a month? That may depend on how low your "higher end" goes :D

The G35 is a nice car and leases REALLY well. You should be able to get the sedan for just a few hundred (maybe $500?) over invoice and maybe a little higher for a coupe. With its high residual and a decent MF the lease would not be too bad. Of course, it all depends on how many options to put on the car, but with the premium pack it will be upper $400s to lower $500 + tax.

I have my eye on an RX-8, it is a hoot to drive but does have some issues (poor mileage and does not lease well). But it IS a four door, legit 4 seat sports car. Did I mention it is fun to drive? They do have a 24/24k lease deal for $299/month right now, but getting one with some options is going to run more money.

The Subaru Legacy GT is an appealing car, not has high end as a G35 but might meet your criteria.

One other to look at is the Lexus IS300. Lexus can't seem to sell them (454 last month and only 1,774 YTD) so I would THINK you can get a deal on one - and maybe some promo lease money as well. The new re-designed IS is coming soon and will really make the old ones hard to move. Same is true if you look at a left over GS300, the new GS is a ton better - but a lot of dealers have the old ones on the lot and need to move them.

Dennis
  • eva3beva3b Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the reply mvs1, you are correct I have decided to forgo the alarm system, since the EX-L comes with a standard security system. The finance guy is giving me the BS about how aftermarket installation can void the warranty or AHFC will not accept back the lease with any modifications??

I know this is not the case according to a federal law, I believe the Magnusson act. Do you think there is any chance an aftermarket shop installing an alarm can cause any electrical damage to the car, really not proficient with alarm systems. Any help would be appreciated, thank you again for your reply.
  • eva3beva3b Member Posts: 6
    Car_man thank you for the reply, I am doing this across two states with my dad so it is taking a while to get all the information. Do appreciate all your help, I will find out the MSRP or selling price, can you tell me what is considered a reasonable amount over invoice of $29,589 on an EX-L in which the dealer makes a profit and I get a good deal??

Also do you currently know what AHFC is charging for residual and money factor for the month of May on an EX-L, since I will be leasing within next few weeks, in NY area.

I saw your previous post that AHFC's lease acquisition fee is a whopping $1,095 in New York for an Acura. Does this apply to Honda also and is this price negotiable ??

Thank you again
    Hey Dennis how about an opinion,
    I have a trade which is about 1000k-3500k equity depending on the dealer and the deal... I have an offer of 379 15k 36 for a Maxima SE with DPP MSRP of 31850(April offer..if lease extended I could still negotiate maybe a bit more). They get the trade and no other cash.
    I would love a G35x but don't think I could get same terms. I can't spend any more with the wife approval factor figured in cause I just bought her a Pathfinder LE in February.
    I am considering getting an Altima SE-R or loaded SE 3.5 instead for a bit less a month but only 24 months so I can get into another car sooner.
    Which car would you reccomend in this price zone?
    Also , do you know if Trade value affects sales tax in NY when its a lease?
  • captchaos145captchaos145 Member Posts: 6
    Guys I have put out some questions and I have a cpl more. I am plugging in the #'s into the lease calculator and my numbers and the dealer's numbers are not the same. I am putting $2,500 down but the sales guy is saying that approx. $1,400 is going towards inception fees so only $1,100 is going towards the cap cost so in my mind a negotiated price of let's say $32,000 minus $2,500 should be a net cap cost of $29,500. Thay are saying it is only $30,900 $32,000 minus the $1,100.) Is this correct? Also the destination fee is $570. Can this be waived or should it be added to the invoice price in my mind prior to negotiating the sale price?
    Sounds like BS to me. The truck already has the "Immobilizer" stuff, and the EX models have an actual alarm - not just keyless entry. It is listed here:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_full_specs.asp?ModelName=Pilot&Category- =ALL

and if you look at the Handa web page (the alarm for the LX is just $254.40 but you have to put it in yourself) it says:

Security System
    Genuine Honda Pilot security system kit. Remote operation, door ajar warning, auto relock function, lights dome light on disarm, sounds horn and flashes lights when triggered, glass breakage detector, door and trunk sensors. Also adds Keyless entry feature. Includes everything necessary for install including fully integrated wiring harness.

2003-2004 LX Models Only (EX model comes from the factory with an alarm)

http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilelect.html

So the dealer is blowing smoke - besides that is why you pay the big bucks for insurance.

Dennis
    The fee is likely the same for a Honda or an Acura leased in NY, only $595 for the rest of us. You should work with your state representatives to get the Vicarious Liability Laws repealed. This is non-negotiable no matter which state you live in.

Dennis
  • ch7656ch7656 Member Posts: 22
    I always thought the residual value was based on a % of MSRP...now that I am getting close to closing a deal on a Honda Odyssey I see that they are calculating the residual based on our negociated purchase price...is this typical...have I been wrong all along? Is this a trick up the dealers sleeve? Is this something specific to Honda leases?

TIA

Chris
    Repealing them is highly unlikely. THe way I figure it, it discourages leasing..whcih means more balloon note deals..which means more Tax revenue per new car sale for the State.
    A Maxima is a nice car, as is the new Altima. With the 3.5 in the Altima I don't know that I look as much as the Maxima :D

$379 sounds like a round number that a dealer came up with. I prefer to negotiate a really low price on the new car, negotiate a fair deal on the trade, then get the buy rate on the lease. This will almost never come with a $379 or $399 a month price - more like $341.17 or something. Generally if you just go by payments you are paying too much.

If they bring back the 24 month lease deal that can be a good deal, but that is normally not as sweet a deal as 36 months since so much of the depreciation happens that first year. Now when they have those special really high residuals then 24 months lease make "sense".

Does NY make you pay tax on the whole purchase price? I think they do, so then you should only pay on the different between the purchase price and trade in allowed. $30k new car $10k trade = tax on only $20k. If they do not, then there may not be much tax benfit from the trade - so you might come out better selling the car yourself.

Dennis
    Destination fee is the charge for delivering the car to the dealer. The dealer cost and your cost on this are the same, so no room to negotiate it.

A lot of dealers are now leaving this out of their quotes, since this makes their deal sound better VS someone else. When comparing prices you have to get a quote that includes the car, destination, and any dealer or doc fees. If you don't, you can't really compare deals - or like you can't the number to work out since your price on the car does not include these fees. You negotiated $32,000 for the car (only) is seems, then they add the lease acquisition fee, the destination fee, and any dealer fees on top of this number. So your money does not go as far towards the cap cost reductions.

BTW, most folks recommend against paying any money down on a lease.

Dennis
    Every properly done lease I have ever seen the residual is based on % of MSRP, not your negotiated sales price.

Dennis
  • leroybrown71leroybrown71 Member Posts: 26
    Hi,
    I posted a question regarding a lease on a 2005 Lincoln Navigator , post # 19705, and I haven't heard a response.
    I was wondering if I could get a bit of help.

Thanks.

LB
  • woof167woof167 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering leasing a Nissan Pathfinder in NY state.
    I don't now the various lease options.
    Can you help?
  • ny2jeterny2jeter Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: Are there still dealers out there who offer 24 month leases programs? Why would a payment be more for a 24 month lease as oppses to 36 months if you are leasing less of the car?
    24 months leases are still available just about any place.

Lease payments are based on the projected residual (worth of the car at the end of the lease) and your low negotiated selling price. Unless the captive lease bank has a inflated residual the REAL residual drops a ton the first year, less the 2nd year, and still less the 3rd year. With 36 payments you have more to pay for, but the first hit is spread out over more payments.
    For example, the 24/24k residual on a G35 coupe is 69% or $25,033 (ALG) and the 36/36k residual is 59% or $21,405. This is on a 6m coupe with some options with an MSRP of $36,280. Say you negotiate the price down to $34,500.

On the 24 month lease you have to pay for $9,467 worth of car or $394.46/month not counting interest or taxes. On the 36 month lease you have to pay for $13,095 worth of the car, but paying it out over 36 months is $363.75 per month. Given the same MF (0.00215) the difference in the payment is $38.50 a month CHEAPER for the 36/36k lease.

What Nissan and other captive lease banks did/do is make a 24 month special with an inflated residual to get the lease payments low and roll the cars off the lot. In two years they will then have to figure out what to do with all the lease returns that are worth thousands less than residual. But the March and April numbers for this year look better, and that is all that counts (now).

Dennis
  • ny2jeterny2jeter Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Dennis.
    I am interested in a 24 months lease on a GC Laredo. I know in 2 years I am going to need something w/ a third row and by then the Jeep Commander should be available. I need to keep my payments down and now w/ your input I don't know if that will be possible. I do not think I could get by w/o the third row for a year. Too many kids :-). Any suggestions?
  • sickedssickeds Member Posts: 5
    Anyone have information on Saab leases for May? Can't find any May info on Saab's or GM's web sites yet. I'm interested in obtaining 24, 36 & 48 month lease pricing for:

2005 9-3 Linear Convertible (New)
    Black
    Parchment standard (cloth) interior
    Options: Automatic + Heated seats
    MSRP: $39,670
    Selling Price: $32,319 (before taxes, title fees, etc.)
    My location: Lake County, IL

Have never leased before, but last month Saab appeared to advertise some subsidized lease specials, so I definitely want to consider the option.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    You never know, if Chrysler/Jeep run a promo lease you could still get a good deal on a 24 month lease. The recent ones for Altimas were < 1/2% interest and an inflated residual = really cheap payment. If you lock into one car or truck then you are at the mercy of their captive lease bank or 3rd party lease banks for deals. If you look at other similar options you may can find a better deal.

Honda had some promo lease deals on their Pilot with 3 row seating, and I (personally) would take one over a Jeep any day - but I don't drive off road and neither does 99% of the SUV owners either.

Either that or perhaps tubal ligation or vasectomy would eliminate the need for the third row :D

Dennis
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I'm not sure about the specific law regarding aftermarket installations, but I have heard the same, they will not void the warranty. Honda's lease programs, regarding altering the car, I'm not familiar with either. I have in the past leased vehicles that I installed remote starters/alarms and window tinting on and have never had to pay any additional fees when turning them in.

I own an aftermarket shop that dealerships subcontract work such as this to. They often use scare tactics like this in order to mark up the accessories they want to sell and not have you cut them out. Customers no longer want under coat protection although convenience features such as these are often times an additional revenue stream. A post above refers to a Honda alarm, remember Honda corp. does not manufacture alarms, this is most likely a product of DEI or Audiovox (the two biggest names in aftermarket products such as these). Dodge for example offers a similar accessory remote starter, priced around $299 plus installation. The dealers do not install these, the work is subbed out. This dealership sounds suspect to say the least, have you visited another dealership to compare pricing and add-ons?

As far as damage is concerned, yes a shop that is not reputable can damage your vehicles electronics, usually in the form of blown fuses. In some cases when installing radios, other functions are lost, such as steering wheels controls. With that being said, a reputable shop can install products that will last the life of the car and do so without compromising the integrity of the electrical system. They are usually higher end independent shops, not the local Best Buys or Circuit City's that employee 18 year olds with little training or experience.

PS: Car_MAN sorry for the long post regarding a none lease question. But it is related to a deal....I'm sure this will be back page in about 1/2 a day.
  • kntknt Member Posts: 4
    Here's the "special" offer, which seems like a good deal to me but I need some feedback from the experts here!

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4 V8
    Extras: FE, CK, EJ, AA, JC, JZ, KE, LD, LF, PG, TO
    36 months/15,000 mi per year
    Money factor: .00011
    Residual: 19,192
    Money due at signing: 1299
    Monthly payment: 339

This seems like a great offer, but am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any input.
  • ct1211ct1211 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Carman, It looks like I am leaning towards a G35 Infiniti coupe lease.

the car I am looking at has an MSRP of 38,410. I will probably do 36 months at 15K miles per year and 3,000 down. I am going to try and negotiate a price at 1500 - 2000 over invoice.

Do you happen to know the May residual and money factor for this car at 36 months and 15K miles??

Thank you so much for your time Carman :blush:
  • chigirlintexaschigirlintexas Member Posts: 73
    Car_man,
    You said to give you a reminder on residual/money factor figures for an FX35 RWD Touring pkg, 42/48 mos, 15k miles, MSRP 38440, sales price 35,482 plus 6.25 sales tax (thank you state of Texas).

Also, Dennis--if you are reading....do you think I could get a Lexus IS300 manual w/nav & leather for 36 mos for around/under 400/mo? I know they are coming out with the new body style so these are sitting on the lot, wondering if they will heavily discount....

Thanks to you guys for your advice and info....love this site...it's so much help!
    Chigirl
  • delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Hi Car_man

I am in the market for this same Envoy XL Denali.

Would you confirm your residual for the 48 month lease?

I'll do a 4 year at 61% in a heartbeat....

Thanks....
  • swampwizswampwiz Member Posts: 5
    Of course a dealer is going to try to price the lease so that the initial cost of the car is maximized and the residual be maximized. Is it common for a dealer to price the initial cost as MSRP, and then the residual at wholesale (trade-in), or at retail?
  • jdg345jdg345 Member Posts: 21
    Wow ... if you can negotiate a better selling price, you won't have to put as much down to keep the same payment. Is the G35 that hot these days? I figured you could pick them up for $500-1000 over invoice ... dealers have tons of them here.
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_Man,

Car is no longer at the dealer, it's in my garage now :D
    I decided yesterday that it wouldn't make sense to wait and take a chance. The deal was fair, and the salesman honorable. No tricks and no attempt to renege on the deal. Drove the new Cabriolet home yesterday and really enjoy the ride and feel of the car. Big difference from my previous Chrysler Sebring Convertible. I ended up with a car that has lots of gadgets with the Nav integrated in the radio. :surprise: It will take me awhile to learn all of the computer features, but that should be fun. Payment is higher than I wanted, but the car has $4,000 in additional options / features. (The only way I could get a car in the colors that I wanted, with the Sirius radio built in)

Also wanted to let you know that the early termination of my lease on the Chrysler Sebring went very well. I ended up with Carmax paying the Lease company for the car, and I walked away from the lease five months early with out any liability. I can't say how anyone elses experience has been with Car max but, my transaction was efficient, painless, and quick. :surprise:

I believe that you have now assisted me with my 7th lease. I know that each time I have gotten a very fair deal, with the knowledge that you share.
    THANKS AGAIN :)

Gary W (gwarren)
  • wallstreetwallstreet Member Posts: 1
    Weve never leased a car before and need some help. My girlfriend is looking at leasing a 2005 new beetle convertible GLS 2.0L w/ leather package. The best deal she has heard from a dealership is for a:

$24,500 capitalization cost
    .00034 money factor
    55% residual value
    36 months @ 15,000 miles per year-$359 per month

If any of these factors look out of whack please give suggestions.

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    Quote: "Hi Dean. While many banks increase their lease acquisition fees for New York residents, I think, but am not positive, that Toyota Financial Services does not charge a higher lease acquisition fee for New York residents. You are right about it being a long drive from New York to Florida though. I drove from New York to Miami once and definitely would want to avoid doing so again unless it was completely unavoidable ;)."

Hi Car_Man,

I'm finding that the SE Distributorship is very low on inventory especially for the Limited. :(

While I can order a car from the factory...that would be 8+ weeks.

I was really hoping to get something off the lot, but all Limited Avalon
    s are basically pre sold. I even told dealers I was willing to drop down to the XLS- and even then it's a 2 week wait.

So, as odd as this question is- what are some states that are best to lease outside of FL?

Meaning, states that are favorable to car leasing...tax just on initial payments, noit the whole vehicle.

BTW, when I get my FL Driver's license I'll be an 'out of state' buyer to NY.

Is there anything favorable about leasing a vehicle outside one's home state?

Aside from the obvious mileage- anything to look out for when leasing from oustide your home State?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dean
  • alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    Toyota has 12 regions, huh? Which one is best for leasing? ;-)

Which get the most inventory?

Thanks.

Dean
This discussion has been closed.