Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    kicks66kicks66 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a new 2010 Corolla LE with All-weather guard package, package #1 (cruise & remote keyless entry), & floor & trunk mats. The car also had body side moldings that were added on at the dealer (their retail price for the moldings was $300, but I know their cost is around $40-ish).

MSRP: $18249 + $300 moldings = $18549
    Purchase Price: $16500 + TTL and I got the dealer to throw in window tint & a trunk cargo net. That price included the $500 rebate.
    Cash for Clunkers: $16500 - $4500 = $12,000 plus TTL

They were going to charge me $350 for a dealer processing fee but then said I could pay the tax (here it's 3%) and license fees at the DMV myself and not have to pay their $350 fee. I paid cash for the car so no financing was involved.

I brought print-outs from True Car that they debunked. Then I showed them print-outs from fitzmall.com and an email from a salesperson there verifying the price. They were shocked at the low prices and said different regions get better incentives, but I think they finally believed that dealers were selling this car for much less in other parts of the country. I walked out on the first day because they wouldn't come down any further, but then they called back the next morning and we were able to come to an agreeable price.

I'm in NM.
  • Options
    nniuqnniuq Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    We were considering waiting to buy a new Corolla until after clunkers finishes. But I'm wondering what time of year the Corollas will stop being available because the 2011s will be near?

thank you for your knowledge!

Quinn
  • Options
    bigbouncerbigbouncer Member Posts: 8
    My son just bought an "S" sedan.
    $18,988 sticker
    $17,200 out the door.
    $4500 CFC ('94 Infiniti J30)
    $1000 college grad.
    Balance: $11,800
    Financed at 1.9% for 48 mos (I co-signed).
    Could probably have done better on the price, but with the CFC, college discount and low rate...hard to beat it. No cash out of pocket.
  • Options
    enxagaenxaga Member Posts: 30
    Where are you at? This seems like a good price.

I'm in Bakersfield California. I need a good deal for this weekend since the C4C is over on Monday
  • Options
    bb700092bb700092 Member Posts: 16
    Trying to buy:

2010 Corolla LE Auto $16,750
    (CK) All weather guard package $150.
    (QA) Extra value package #1 $100
    (CF) Carpetd floor mats (5 pc set) $200
    Destination $750
    MSRP $17,950

Here are the two best quotes I received:

Fitz Gerald Auto Mall
    Selling price $16,945 (no incentives/rebates included)
    Tax at 6% $1,016.70
    Florida tags $225.00
    30 day temporary tag $10
    Doc fee $120.00
    Total: $18,316 out the door (no incentives/rebates included)

CarsDirect
    Selling price $16,902 (no incentives/rebates included)

I am trying to get $18,000 OTD before any rebates/incentives but it seems that is not easy to get. Let me know what you think about the above offers.
  • Options
    dmxcrbdmxcrb Member Posts: 2
    Thats a great deal...Which city was this?
  • Options
    $17,200 OTD before any rebates on a 2010 with $18,988 sticker... that seems like an unbelievable deal

I can see that your calculations are not perfect because

17200 - 4500 - 1000 = 11700

and not 11800 as you stated. Can you please confirm that your figures are right?
  • Options
    home_rainbowhome_rainbow Member Posts: 3
    When you less the C4C rebate from the OTD price, the tax is getting lower in the final price. My two cents.

We bought a 2010 Corolla LE on Aug 23:
    standard equipment 16750
    LE value package 100 (keyless and cruise control)
    destination fee 750
    Total manufacturer's sticker price: 17625
    dealer add-ons: car moldings 499 (thus making the MSRP 18124)
    OTD price (we asked them for an OTD price before talking about the rebates): around 16800
    C4C rebate: -4500
    graduate rebate: -1000
    Price paid after rebate: 11117 (including TTL and dealer fee)
    The dealership throws in floor mats (they give floor mats for all the new cars they sell).
    We had to finance through Toyota because of the graduate rebate, so we may end up paying a few hundreds more than the above price, very very tricky incentive...
  • Options
    You got an awesome deal... which state are you at? how much is your tax? would you mind sharing the dealership name?
  • Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    The biggest industry beneficiaries were Japanese automakers Toyota, Honda and Nissan, which accounted for 41 percent of the new vehicle sales. That outpaced Detroit automakers General Motors, Ford and Chrysler, which had a share of nearly 39 percent.

Toyota Motor Corp. led the industry with 19.4 percent of new sales, followed by General Motors Co. with 17.6 percent and Ford Motor Co. with 14.4 percent.

The Toyota Corolla was the most popular new vehicle purchased under the program. The Honda Civic, Toyota Camry and Ford Focus held the next three top spots. All four are built in the United States.

MNF

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32567404/ns/business-autos/?GT1=43001
  • Options
    zin22zin22 Member Posts: 15
    Stick to your price you could get it. I can't see them losing the deal over $300.00 but you are right @ invoice which is 8%.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Great price on the "S" model. Oh, when you post in all capitals it's called "shouting"...it's like you're yelling & it's also difficult to read. Please use lower case when typing...reads much better.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    tipper1tipper1 Member Posts: 5
    My daughter just graduated college and we did all our homework and narrowed our search for a new car to the Hyundai Elantra SE and the Toyota Corolla LE. We used Edmunds and these forums which are a great help! We shopped last weekend and have been going back and forth with three dealers this week. First, we only found ONE Hyundai Elantra SE in all of Indianapolis and the dealer would not negotiate. We found only a FEW 2010 Toyota Corollas, SE model, no sunroof. We found our best deal at Andy Mohr Toyota in Avon, $18,200 sticker, $17,000 PLUS Tax, (7%) Title, Docs, etc. Out the door price of $18,420. She would qualify for the 0.0% financing and $1,000 new graduate rebate which would make it $17,420. The dealers here have VERY few in inventory and we have been to 6 Toyota Dealerships! VERY little negotiation and the %0.0 financing and student rebate end this Tuesday, September 8. Any ideas? Also, why is it so difficult dealing with a car salesperson? It is so juvenile the "tricks" they play?
  • Options
    Good Deal Great Price..... just FYI you have three posts now with the same information ;)

MNF
  • Options
    tipper1tipper1 Member Posts: 5
    23 yr old daughter just bought a new, 2010 Toyota Corolla. She was offered a 2 year extended warranty which will extend the 3 yr/36K mile warranty to 5yrs/60K miles. It is $1500. That's pretty steep, is there a way to figure the dealer's cost? What is a good price? Purchased at Butler Toyota in Indianapolis, difficult dealing with salesperson, always too many games.
  • Options
    NO Way back away you can get a 7 year 100k Toyota care warranty for $500.00 less. Here is a link that you can get some quotes from.

http://warranty.actontoyota.com/

Good Luck

MNF
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    So you gave him your business anyways...rewarding bad behavior? Why would you do that and spend your hard earned $ at his store? Unbelievable what some will do to buy a car at what they think is a fair price. That kinda unprofessional treatment shoul never be tolerated...period!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    bandulabandula Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2010 Corolla S w/ auto transmission in SoCal w/ the options below.
    QC - special value package
    CF - carpet floor mats
    CK - all weather package

MSRP of $18705.

Paid $17,550 (incl. destination fees) w/ 0% financing for 36 months plus tax, title and registration. I also had additional $1000 taken off that price for college grad rebate.
    Paid $16,550 w/ 0% financing plus tax, title and registration after the $1000 rebate.
  • Options
    ramohioramohio Member Posts: 15
    Just leased 2010 Corolla LE MSRP $18,190. 3yr 36K 0down $220/month. wow!
  • Options
    dmxcrbdmxcrb Member Posts: 2
    How are you guys getting such good deals?

Every dealership here in houston won't go below $18,100 without the $500 incentive.
  • Options
    marxsdmarxsd Member Posts: 1
    The current $1500 cash to dealer expires 10/5. Any idea if there will be an additional rebate or incentive?
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    No one knows until it happens. Toyota corporate keeps this info secret until the day the new incentives start.

I have heard that some dealers will give you whatever is better if you are going to pick-up the car on the Monday the new incentive starts, in this case 10/5. I don't know for a fact that this is true, but I do know that the dealers don't know until it happens. The $1,500 sounds good to me, even though the 2010s are out, but I'd still see if you can get the dealer to go really low on their price due to the old model year car you are considering.
  • Options
    karthikeyankarthikeyan Member Posts: 2
    IRA Toyota of Milford
  • Options
    tory77tory77 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in indianapolis area and I got a deal 2010 Corolla LE for 17200 (OTD). It includes my college graduate rebate 1000. So without the rebate it would be 18200.
    The car I made a deal has cruise and 6 cd changer but not floor mats and other things.
    Should I go for it or is it bad deal?
  • Options
    asieg7asieg7 Member Posts: 1
    Oh my, yes you can get them to go lower. I have only been negotiating with two dealers over email, and i play them off against eachother to see who is going to go lower than the other. It is a buyers market right now, they are desperate, you should be able to get them to go down to at least 16,000. i know a lady whos deal started at 17,559 and she got them down to 13,999!!! Im hoping i can get down to at least 14,999. you just gotta keep haggling them to go lower, to them, some money is better than no sale at all so if they just wont budge, just say that another dealer you know is going down (say 500) less than them so you are going to go there if they cant go any lower. even if its not true, they dont know that and they arnt going to want to lose your sale. hope that helps, just be confident, dont let them screw u over. the features you are getting are fine though cuz they come standard but they should be able to go lower if they really want the sale.

Amy
  • Options
    corollafan2corollafan2 Member Posts: 6
    I am set to purchase Corolla within a month. I am looking for feedback in a couple of areas such as:

How effective is submitting online quote requests to several dealerships in terms of price? Does online shopping produce their "final" answer or must one still negotiate a price? I am curious if some dealerships are aggressive and see this as an opportunity to reap some rather quick and easy sale potential via this route.

I live north of Boston, MA. I am trying to decide between a 2010 LE with MSRP of $17,950 and Corolla S MSRP $18,705. My best online deal to date for LE is $16,157. Corolla S $16,837...

Then, I got a little full of myself and decided to include a sunroof. LE model had an
    increased MSRP of $18,840 and price at $16,878 with sunroof. Well, that inspired me to really consider splurging for heated leather seats. I realize they are installed after market, and want feed back from anyone who has gone that route. Was it worth it and did any problems occur given it is an after market item.

I would appreciate feed back on my quote for LE at $16,157 since that was my original comfort level and best price quoted. If possible, can some one out there guide me in terms of negotiating for sun roof and/or heated seat option and how much extra I should pay for these options based on the LE quote of $16,157 for a very nice car, but no fun stuff included ie. sun roof or heated seats ??

Finally, what is the verdict for 2010: A Corolla LE or Corolla S ??

Best # for Corolla S MSRP of $19,595 which includes options CF,CK,FE,QC,SR is
    $17,732. Quote from another local dealership for a loaded 2010 Corolla LE w/ Moonroof MSRP: 18,840 including adding leather heated seats option was $19,081
    That sounded expensive to me and brought me back to reality.

I am hesitatant on S model since 16 inch tires translate to higher expense down the road in terms of replacing. Should I let the 15 vs. 16 inch tire dictate my final decision? Thanks!! I keep my cars 7-10 years so I end up replacing tires three times at least..
  • Options
    zaheerzaheer Member Posts: 23
    Online quote requests through Edmunds are quite effective in getting you in touch with the Internet Sales Manager at local dealerships. You can decide which dealers to get the quotes from and work with them via e-mail and phone. I have done this with 2 recent car purchases. You still have to negotiate the price but it is a lot easier doing it on your terms from your home or office than going to the dealership and having them manipulate you. Make sure that you don't get any Salesman involved in the negotiations; otherwise, his commission will have to be added to the price of the car.

I leased a 2010 Corolla S a few weeks ago and am happy with it so far. My son wanted manual transmission and leather which is an odd combination and was very difficult to find. For this reason, we could not negotiate a lot on the price but we were able to take advantage of the special lease rate with a MF of 0.00038. I posted the deal in a previous message.

I would recommend going with the Corolla S vs the LE. The S has better looks, nice rims, better handling, and larger tires. The price difference between the 16 inch vs 15 inch tires will not be significant.
  • Options
    Amy,

I am curious if you were able to find a great deal since I am pricing 2010 LE with sun roof. MSRP $18,840-- then adding optional side/trunk moldings. I am getting mixed advice on whether moldings really prevent those door dings...

I have an internet quote which includes all of the above for $16,200 which is $1000 less than any quote received to date for the How am I doing ? I would appreciate feedback since I am doing this all alone... not to be sexist. I guess I need a confidence boost or some honest feed back to keep plugging away. I live north of Boston. Thanks
  • Options
    hhjanehhjane Member Posts: 9
    Amy,

Is the 13,999 OTD or before all taxes and fees? And what are current manufacture incentives available right now? Thanks!
  • Options
    LE Base + LE Extra Value Package #1, no 6CD changer, no floor mats,..., etc. $16,000 OTD, but I will need to pay for the tag registrations since this dealer is out of state(400 miles away), the dealer will collect the sales tax for me, though. Is this a good deal? Kind of afraid of travel 400 miles and find out everything changes.

In addition, does anybody know what's the difference between QA (LE Extra Value Package #1, $100), the separate CL(Cruise Control, $250), and KE (Keyless Entry, $245)? Seems like since QA includes both CL and KE, it should be more expensive or at least as expensive as the separate CL or KE. Are there less features in QA for cruise control and keyless entry?

Also, I have not discussed with the dealer about the $750 cash rebate yet, I am not qualified for the $1000 college graduate rebate. However, I noticed that different website has different results for this dealer area(Georgia), edmunds has $750 listed, but other websites do not have $750 for Georgia. Does anyone know whether $750 cash rebate is valid in Georgia, and are there any other incentives going on right now?

Thanks a lot for all your help!
  • Options
    leogleog Member Posts: 4
    What do you think of this deal. Sent out e-mails two days ago and this was the best one. Corolla LE, equipment codes: CK EM LE QA CF, MSRP $17950. My price is $15997 plus TTL. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    aquaswim47aquaswim47 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in Toyota, Ford, and Honda. I was wondering if the Focus, Corolla, and Civic were the least expensive versions of those three automakers. I am trying to get a deal, but the most important thing is durability. I am not needing a car with much, but I would like one that is reliable.

If I was to spend $16K on a car, is that in the ballpark or am I asking to pay too little for a 2010 Corolla? I saw $17,900 in my area but an MSRP of $16,900 for an automatic transmission. Shouldn't the price be less than MSRP? Thanks.
  • Options
    socal_lilysocal_lily Member Posts: 4
    hi bandula, how much was the OTD price? and which dealership did you buy from? thanks!!
  • Options
    flowinproseflowinprose Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2010 Corolla LE with EVP #1, PV (vehicle shield package) and CF - premium carpeted floor mats:

Toyota's MSRP on the website is $18,204. The dealership sticker price was 18,203. The dealership claimed their "invoice" price was 17,650. Its probably really more around $16,700.

I ended up getting a price before rebate of 17,332. OTD price with college grad rebate of $1000 was $16,332 - Wrapped the state sales tax back around with this for a financed amount of $17,372 at 0% for 60 months.
  • Options
    leogleog Member Posts: 4
    I thought the 0% financing was only for 36 months. Can you confirm that the dealer was able to give you 0% for 60 months.
  • Options
    flowinproseflowinprose Member Posts: 2
    The terms probably vary by geographical region. I can definitely confirm that I got 60 months at 0%. I bought in Little Rock, Arkansas.
  • Options
    beepinajeepbeepinajeep Member Posts: 2
    I looked back in August & was quoted 15988 OTD on a 10 LE automatic + power & weather package & 1 mile on the odometer. (I only care about the power package)

I am going to talk to a sales manager tomorrow that I know has to make a couple sales tomorrow for end of the month numbers. What would be a good deal now?

this would be a cash sale (no financing)
  • Options
    I recently purchased an LE auto transmission, with LE, CK, CF CM EM, QA, plus SR option- sun roof- along with moldings for figure you mentioned. I live in suburbs north of Boston, MA. I found a large discrepancy between local dealers and did 99% of my shopping online. Two dealers were willing to sell vehicle in $16,000 range, all others were about $1200 higher....my final price was $15,988 which was in responce to best previous quote of $16,200. As stated, this includes a sunroof. The price does not include sales tax, title fees or title prep fee of $125. Plus, dealership charges $295 for registration prep fee.. all MA dealers do that. It used to be $400 until word got out a few years back.
  • Options
    almichalmich Member Posts: 11
    I am in the market for a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE and I just received an email from my local Toyota dealers (Orange County, CA) that Toyota is offering a factory rebate of $750 or 0% APR for 60 month.

It seems like it is pretty difficult to get a deal as good as the deals before the Cash for Clunkers program, but I think this offer combined with a grad rebate is decent. If you can get them to quote around $15.3K (before tax and fees), 0% APR minus $1000 for the grad rebate would ultimately cost ~16K OTD.
  • Options
    mynextcar1mynextcar1 Member Posts: 1
    corollafan2,
    May I ask which dealer you bought from?
    Is this 2010 model?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    sparklinkssparklinks Member Posts: 18
    Can any one please share what was the least price paid for 2010 Corolla LE... I am waiting on around 14,500+TTL.

MSRP: $17,950

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Good price Bandula. I also want to know from which dealership you purchased.
  • Options
    greatlakesjrgreatlakesjr Member Posts: 109
    Anyone deal with Fitzmall.com? The dealers here in Michigan won't budge much (why, in this depressed state, I'm not sure) but looking up Fitzmall for a 2010 LE Auto and had many choices for about $15,100 and they say that's ALL I would pay (their "Internet Price"). That would save up to $2,000 from what these clowns want here. I could make the 8-hour trip for about $3-400. Why would I not make such a journey if their price is legit? The locals, while not happy I didn't buy their car, have to do the warranty work, right?

Thanks,
  • Options
    sdridesdride Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a Toyota from them this summer. I would buy from them again in a second. it took all of 30 minutes from the time i parked my car to the time I drove off the lot. They will press you for an extended warranty and the price is good but they are not pushy about it. So the internet price is what you will pay and you can setup 90% over the phone or web. The only reason it took 30 minutes was they went over all the details in the manual and to type up the paperwork.
  • Options
    mame600mame600 Member Posts: 3
    I am in Dallas, TX and there are still a few 2009 models around. How much less should a 2009 go for as most new cras sold are now 2010? I have no idea and not very experienced in buying cars so would welcome advice from more experienced buyers. Looking for the best deal and intend to keep the car for as long as possible so resale value not a big concern.
  • Options
    Hello mame600. I am surprised that your area has not cleared out the remaining 2009 models. But to give you perspective on what you can receive, I was offered about 14K OTD for an LE after factory and grad rebates during the Memorial weekend.

If you are unsure about the differences between the 2009 and 2010, the 2010 has additional safety features that come standard in lieu of optional on the 2009. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    gteegtee Member Posts: 179
    I would like to share my buying experience of a new 2010 Toyota Corolla in Atlanta. I did all of my negotiations over the internet. The best price was from Bill Reilly of Union City in Atlanta. The whole deal took just about 1 hour and the car and the price was exactly what we negotiated over the internet.

The car is 2010 Corolla S with extra value package and Toyoguard package.

Sticker was $19011
    Purchase price was $15111
    Dealer fee $700
    Tax (6%) $950
    Total $16800 (there were some fees for license and such)
    College rebate -$1000
    Total Out the Door $15800

This is the best price I could get in Atlanta.
  • Options
    gtee, is this a manual or auto Corolla S? And does the keyless in extra value package opens the trunk as well? Thanks!
  • Options
    gteegtee Member Posts: 179
    This was for Automatic Corolla S. Yes the remote control which is on the key does also open the trunk.

Its a very nice car overall.

The only thing that I am not happy with the car is the sports seats which come with the S package. The seat bottom is too small and it gets to be uncomfortable to sit in the seat for a long period of time. Perhaps the seats which come with the LE are wider. I guess that I will get used to the seats after a while.
  • Options
    stella7stella7 Member Posts: 4
    You guys get such good prices but what about financing? Did anybody get a good deal and also 0% financing?