Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    mslinehanmslinehan Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an LE with Cruise, remote entry, and the cold weather options for $16,500 plus tax in Northern Ohio. The rebate more than covered the taxes and fees.
  • Options
    kawautarkawautar Member Posts: 8
    Stadium Toyota Tampa on Dale Mabry
  • Options
    aerodynamics37aerodynamics37 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Cryptkeeper! Where did you find this deal? I would pay 18,300 for that Corolla S.

I couldn't get a dealer to go under 18,400 out the door for a car that didn't have the XM radio
  • Options
    TheCryptkeeperTheCryptkeeper Member Posts: 5
    Stadium Toyota in Tampa. Chuck Achenelli was my salesperson. He's a real nice guy and will do what it takes to get your business.
  • Options
    aerodynamics37aerodynamics37 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply TheCryptkeeper.

I'm trying to get a good deal in Virginia...anyone have experience buying a Corolla S here?
  • Options
    timlbtimlb Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where (what country) Corollas bought in the U.S. are made? I couldn't find this information through a google search.
  • Options
    fliptrangerfliptranger Member Posts: 1
    13,850 + 55 doc fee, did this also include the tax on the newspaper ad corolla?

I am going crazy wondering, I just purchased from Toyota San Diego towards the end of December and got the $1000 rebate. 09 corolla base model no options 14,871.58 OTD.

I would really appreciate a response thanks
  • Options
    ggddggdd Member Posts: 3
    Where did you get it? Could you give me the salesperson's name?Thak you. yuqi08@gmail.com
  • Options
    rahilrahil Member Posts: 4
    bought ikt at landers toyota on col glenn..I do not remember the sales guys name. But bargain hard...just tell them you would buy for anything more...Do research and also talk to north point. North point toyota gave me almost the same price,but i found the rude... even these people are smart Asses...if they do not agree to your price just leave.. i bet they will call u back..
  • Options
    wildetoyotawildetoyota Member Posts: 5
    85% of the Corollas are built in the US. If you look at your VIN the first character tells you where it was built. If it is a digit, then it was in the states. If it is a "J" then it was in Japan. Each digit represents a plant in the states.
  • Options
    ram_kram_k Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2009 LE with 'Remote Keyless', Cruise Control, Carpet Floor Mats for $16,000 OTD.

($15888 + tax + license) - $1,500 rebate.

The dealer is Fremont Toyota in SF bay area.
  • Options
    tx_icetx_ice Member Posts: 22
    Got 2 quotes for LE's with MSRP's just above $18K. Dealers are quoting just above $15K which includes $1K discount off MSRP + $2K rebate.

Wondering if anybody is getting better quotes in Houston?
  • Options
    carguy94carguy94 Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a new Corolla LE with Cruise and keyless entry. Does anyone have experience with purchasing from a dealer in or near Miami, Florida. Please give dealer experience and price paid. Thanks
  • Options
    hjchichjchic Member Posts: 1
    I did a lot of research (here and elsewhere) before purchasing, so I just wanted to return the favor and share the numbers on my new Corolla S.

The vehicle had an MSRP of 20,330 and we negotiated to 17,350 OTD. Sales tax in TN is very high (9.25 %), so I think we got a great deal! We bought the car from Performance Toyota in Memphis, TN and I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership and the sales staff. We were in and out in under 2 hours (paid cash) and the whole process was very painless.

We had to try a few dealerships to get this price, so just be persistent--it can be done!

P.S. if you live in the Memphis area, I would highly recommend Performance Toyota on Winchester over Wolfchase Toyota on Germantown Pkwy. We had a really negative (very high pressure, uncompromsing, generally rude) experience with the sales staff there.
  • Options
    gblaneygblaney Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I was quoted $15,500 for a very basic model (Corolla CE) (no power windows etc just base model). I have top credit score and being offered 5.5% APR. Is this a good buy?

Thanks.

GB
  • Options
    barb13barb13 Member Posts: 7
    Last Saturday, I purchased a Corolla LE for $16,420.97 OTD. My brother pulled the Edmunds invoice pricing and we called the dealer to make sure he would give us the deal. Since my brother had already bought a Tacoma fully loaded from Hayward Toyota, they agreed to the deal. So, I got a car right off the truck with cruise control and keyless entry for $14,787. MSRP was 17,950 with those two options. i wish now that I had insisted on the floor mats too before I paid them with check for the ful amount.

I hope I got a good deal. The tire pressure light was on but my son adjusted the tires which were over the spec limits and the light went off. That was probably why the car drifted a bit on the freeway.

It's a dark metallic gray and bigger than what I am used to driving but I am getting used to it. So, did I get a good deal? (I wish I had also shopped around and gotten a quote from Fremont Toyota too).
  • Options
    barb13barb13 Member Posts: 7
    Well, I think you can do better. check this out: ">http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/78386/page002.html and get price quotes from the dealers. I just bought a Corolla LE with cruise control and keyless entry for $14,787 before tax, license, doc fee, etc. OTD price was $16,420.97. I heard Sunnyvale Toyota is a good place to shop as is Fremont. But I got my car from Hayward Toyota. Check them out. Good luck.
  • Options
    pandawolfpandawolf Member Posts: 2
    Just helped a friend get a 09 Corolla LE with keyless entry, cold weather package, cruise control, floor mats for $17,000, the invoice on the car is $17,040, so after the $1500 rebate from factory, she walked away with the car by paying $15,500. This is at Lincoln, NE Performance Toyota Dealer.

I think these days, if you just work a little bit harder, purchase the car at invoice is doable due to the economy.

On the side note, we were at the dealer until around 5:30pm and it only sold, including the one to my friend, 3 cars for the day. Things are really slow these days and the dealer will work with you.
  • Options
    pumas123pumas123 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 09 corolla LE with Cruise, Remote entry, toyoguard protection, floormats, satelite radio, Classic Silver for 16400 OTD (no trade-in;7%sales tax in florida). Did I get a good deal? I felt I could have done better if I tried hard. Their sticker on it was 19,200.
  • Options
    calvin8calvin8 Member Posts: 5
    I just got a 09 corolla LE with Cruise, Remote entry, floormats for 15700 OTD in houston. Is it ok Price
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like a good deal, where did you purchase it from? The base Corolla's here are going for right around $14,000 (automatic).
  • Options
    Bought from Mac frad ( sorry the spell may be wrong). It is in Houston TX, I-45 N 67 or 66 exit
  • Options
    pumas123pumas123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - Does your remote entry has a remote trunk release button? I bought a 09 Corolla LE with cruise,remote. It has lock, unlock buttons on the front and panic button on other side. I do not see a toyota logo on it. Just checking if it is a OEM remote or third party manufactured dealer installed remote.
  • Options
    justdoehjustdoeh Member Posts: 4
    I went to Millenium Toyota in Long Island, New York. They wanted $17,900 (OTD, @ 2.9%) for the LE. I told them my best offer was $17,600, but they wouldn't even hear me.
    Later that day I went to Honda dealership and got a Civic DX-VP for $17,500 (OTD, @ 2.9%).

All I have to say is that I am not complaining and I am happy with my purchase. The Millenium Toyota simply lost a customer, their choice. Btw i purchased the Honda at Paragon Honda in Woodside, NY.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Is that Fred Haas by chance?
  • Options
    You are right. I was mistake with other dealer.
  • Options
    I have the same thing as you have. Do not have trunk open button. I bet it is the third party install. I do not care keyless, I really just want to have cruise control, but I can not have it by itself. sucks
  • Options
    shawlunshawlun Member Posts: 4
    I stopped and looked at a 2009 Corolla S. It was an automatic with all weather guard, sunroof, sport package, VSC, and carpet floor mats. The sticker was $20,954. The salesman rather quickly offered me $1500 off the sticker plus the $1000 rebate($18454). The invoice is $18877 before the $1000 rebate. Does this sound good? I feel I can probably get a better deal.
  • Options
    gblaneygblaney Member Posts: 2
    hi - I have been quoted (from a San Jose Toyota Dealer) $950 for

(1) security system
    (2) adding power locks for four doors

Is this reasonable?

thanks
    GB
  • Options
    samgreensamgreen Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

Received offer from dealer near Boston on LE for 15,300 including delivery with mats, heated mirror, cruise, and remote lock. They started at invoice, and subtracted $500 and $1150 rebate. Can I do better? Should we be able to buy an LE without mats and cruise control?

thanks
  • Options
    This sounds like a good deal. What was the MSRP on your LE?

I got a quote from Demontrond in Texas City for $14,700 + TTL for LE with cruise, keyless entry and cruise. Probably works out to the same OTD price.
  • Options
    ktc48ktc48 Member Posts: 2
    We bought the same car with the addition of the JBL stereo/Bluetooth and we ended up paying $18000 after a $1500. rebate or $19500 before the rebate. The MSRP was $21764. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    What was the price for the car without the rebates and tax and title fees?
  • Options
    I just bought my 09 LE with cruise, Vehicle Shield and Extra Mile Option A for $15,600 OTD. We have a $2000 rebate in Texas.

Did my negotiating online and had several dealers bidding against each other.

From what I have seen on this forum, this price looks pretty good. :)

Good luck to the others still shopping.
  • Options
    ktc48ktc48 Member Posts: 2
    We paid $19,500 for the Corolla before adding in taxes, fees. Then took the rebate off that...($1500.) and got down to $18000. plus then we had tax and fees on top of that. The MSRP on the car was $21764. so we got $2264.00 off the car and another $1500 off for the rebate for a total of $3764.00 total off the car including the rebate.
  • Options
    Thanks ktc48 !!! That will help me out alot. Good luck with your new car.
  • Options
    solarjonsolarjon Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 09 LE with cruise, keyless, weather guard and floor mats for $16,600 OTD. MSRP was $18,314. Orange County, Califonia.
  • Options
    sollusollu Member Posts: 1
    Can you please let me know the salesperson you worked with? I am looking to buy this car and am being quoted $18,000 OTD in San Diego.
  • Options
    solarjonsolarjon Member Posts: 2
    The salesman was Kevin O'connell (Toyota of Orange). My first visit (at another OC dealership), I got down to $16, 700 but walked out after the salesman made some unprofessional comments as to our $300 difference. With Kevin (very personable), I started at $16,400; got the work with us line; went to $16,500; settled at $16,600. Good Luck
  • Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    Thats funny a few years ago i was buying a 2006 Honda CRV and trading in my 2004 Forester and had a similar situation. We were $300.00 off on my no budge price from my trade in and the sales manager said are you going to walk away for $300.00. I said no you were going to let me walk away. While de=riving away he ran out in the street to chase me down and tell me Ok OK lets do it. Remember 80% of the customers that walk away never come back the ones that do could not find a better deal or will eat crow and return.

MNF
  • Options
    frostbyte3964frostbyte3964 Member Posts: 30
    I bought an 09 Corolla last year and get emails from the dealership. larryhmillertoyota.com and they just sent me an email saying they have 60 Corolla S type at around $14900. That's a great deal from everything I've found. Most sticker at $18k+. I sold mine due to leaving the country, but can't wait to get back. I will likely get another, but cheaper. I paid $17900 for my base model CE.
  • Options
    georger1georger1 Member Posts: 1
    Scanning through these posting appears $14K is a good price on a new LE with minimal options. Anyone have prices in Virginia?
  • Options
    ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    80%? You're too nice; I bet it's more than that.
  • Options
    You may be right the salesman who i was dealing with and I laughing about the situation he said 90%. I gave it a 80%.

MNF
  • Options
    SonataShopperSonataShopper Member Posts: 9
    How is this deal? Please advise.

New 09 Corolla LE with VSC, Cruise control, Keyless entry, All whether guard package, 5 pc floor mats.

16.5K out-the-door cash payment (7% sale tax in NJ)
  • Options
    frostbyte3964frostbyte3964 Member Posts: 30
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Good find!
  • Options
    That sounds good i received the same price back in may with no sales tax or rebates so i would say you did very good.

Good Luck

MNF
  • Options
    SonataShopperSonataShopper Member Posts: 9
    Thanks both...Glad to know. I was not sure if its a good deal with cash payment.
  • Options
    jbratterjbratter Member Posts: 15
    can I ask what dealer? I'm looking for exactly the same deal (cash).
    thx!
  • Options
    acme76acme76 Member Posts: 6
    new 2009 corolla LE+cruise+all weather+floor mats
    MSRP 18314
    Paid 14600+ 298 (doc fee)+75 (plates)+tax (650 - mass)

How does this deal sound ?
    thanks