Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• Before August 3rd you got both, zero for 36 months plus a $500 rebate, "Toyota Summer Clearance Days." I signed a form to have the rebate go directly to the dealer and he took off the $500, which made the bottom line 16398. . Don't forget, this was before Cash for Clunkers and the inventory was much higher than it is now. The deals are not as good now because of low inventory.
  • zin22zin22 Posts: 15
    Very interesting I didn't know they ever offered both together that would be a sweet deal.
  • Special Summer Drive SALE on the 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA S!
    Offer will expire Monday August 3, 2009

Thank you for considering Boch Toyota South for your next vehicle purchase. Here is your Summer Drive Sales Event pricing special. I can sell this 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA S with an MSRP of $18,705 and Your Final Price will be $15,852 after the rebate and 0% financing. This is stock # XXXX.

We have this vehicle in stock for immediate delivery. Take a look at the vehicle inquiry report below for the details. We also offer all our online customers home test drives and free delivery any where in the New England Area!!

This price is valid for 72 hours. So, please call or e-mail back and let me know when you can make it in to finalize this deal. Or I can secure the vehicle and price over the phone with a credit card deposit if it is more convenient for you!

Once again, we appreciate your consideration of Boch Toyota South and look forward to hearing back from you!

Make Boch Toyota South your local dealer!

(I blocked out my name and stock #)
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,022
    Yea, I hate that "after rebate"clause though. Basically all that's doing is jacking up your cost by $500.00 because he's keeping your rebate. That's why I say in reality you paid $16,898.00 His price would have been $16,898.00 without your $500.00 he's keeping.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 4,319
    Coffee got the car for $16,898 but paid the dealer $16,398 to drive it away. He got the rebate on the car which lowered the price he would've paid by $500 dollars. Time to put this issue to bed now. Terceltom, agree or disagree, but Coffee is telling you what his drive away price was...end of story...time to move on guys!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

"Coffee got the car for $16,898 but paid the dealer $16,398 to drive it away"

Yea your correct, all that's been established already. Isn't that what I've been saying all along? Had the dealer not kept the buyers $500.00 rebate the buyer would have paid $16,898.00 .
  • zin22zin22 Posts: 15
    I still have to say there are no deals like this I have seen except @ Bochtoyota .
    Great deal and thanks for sharing.
  • I bought a 2010 Corolla XLE in beginning of August 2009. It has larger/wider factory alloy rims/tires than the CE and most S models. I am sure this makes a huge difference in steering feel in comparison to the narrower tires on the CE and most S models. This is why XLE owners do not notice the wander as much.

On my first 2 hour driving trip between Los Angeles and San Diego, I noticed the tendency for the car to drift. When I returned, I checked the tire pressure and found one rear tire to be a 1/2 lbs lower than the other tires. Letting the car sit overnight in a garage, I carefully adjusted the tire pressure to 32 lbs using a tire gauge to exactly the same visual spot on the gauge on all 4 tires. Steering confidence increased significantly. Now I check my tires weekly and I find I have to make minute corrections using my 12v cigarette-lighter electric tire inflator I carry in the trunk.

I have always hated an out-of-align front-end. I think mine might be slightly out-of-align and I think this is what some car owners might be experiencing. I am not saying that the steering has the best characteristic, but exact tire pressure and out-of-alignment will magnify the tendency for the steering to have that wandering feel. Let's not forget wider tires can make a big difference on steering feel also.

I am getting 39-40 mpg+ combined city/hwy, if I accelerate gradually and cruise at a leisurely 62 mph in the slow lane on the freeway. I think that if I drove all highway miles, my mpg would be higher. I use cruise control and take my foot off the gas and naturally de-accelerate if I know I will be decreasing speed for a turn, off ramp or stoplight. If I am in a hurry, drive quickly and cruise at 70mph, my mileage can drop to 36+ mpg. If you drive it like a Prius, you will be rewarded. Reset the trip gauge and the mileage computer settings at each fill-up and see if you can get 400+ miles per tank.

I plan to use the 0w-20 synthetic oil for fuel efficiency, and maximum oil flow in the engine during start-up. Personally, I wouldn’t use the 5w-30, because the dealer said it was OK. Factory fill and Toyota’s bottled Ow-20 is a full-synthetic made for Toyota. I hear the additive package was specially developed. What could be better than a custom full synthetic oil.
    I think I would have to agree 100 % with what you have said. I have a 2009 XLE with the larger/wider tires and with alloy wheels and I have been defending the EPS steering for over a year now. I experience none of the drift that I hear about on this forum. In fact, I just love the light feel of the steering and find it to be a wonderful innovation.
  • I took a test drive in the 5-speed. I noticed the stick goes back to a "neutral" position after shifting. My other manuals, the stick stays in the position of the gear. On the Corolla, it looks like it's in 3rd, even if you're in 4th. :confuse: Is this normal? It felt weird at first, but I got used to it quickly. Other than that, shifting was smooth and easy.
    Thanks.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,680
    HUH? If the shifter is moving, there is a big problem. I don't think it really was going back to a "neutral position" - I think you were just used to something different. If you got used to it and it felt fine and drove fine, then it is just that you are used to something different.

The only complaints about the manuals are rev hang, and from what I read all manufacturers' manual transmission models have it to get the emissions better. Rev hang is when you take your foot off the accelerator to shift to the next higher gear, but the rpms still do not drop for a while, kind of like if you did not take your foot off the accelerator.

Nice to see someone interested in manuals - I thought I was the only one!!!!
  • I bought a 2010 Corolla S on 11/14 with the 4.9% APR deal. Now this week they moved to a 0% APR for the car. Do I have any leverage to go back to the dealer and request the new APR?
  • Thanks for the reply. What I'm used to (in my Jetta and Ion) is that when I go to say 4th or 5th gear, the shifter actually looks to be in 4th or 5th. In the Corolla it looks like it's in neutral or maybe 3rd, but it runs like it's in 4th or 5th. The shifter also moves freely back-and-forth once in gear, but that doesn't seem to mess up what gear it's in. Just a little confused, don't want to buy a new car with gear issues!
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,680
    I have not heard or read about any problems with manual transmissions in Corollas or Camrys. As I said, the rev hang is there, but it is with all new manuals due to the emissions controls, from what I read. My new 2010 Camry 6 speed manual has the rev hang, but it is not a problem, especially once you get used to it.

OK, yes, I understand what you are asking about looks, and that is just the difference in cars - all cars have different shifter set-ups, and they can feel different than others (and I'm sure look different too). I am still confused about "shifter also moves freely back-and-forth once in gear, but that doesn't seem to mess up what gear it's in." It should not move by itself at all, or maybe just a tiny bit (like a 1/16 inch or less back and forth as you press on the gas and then release it).
  • mnfmnf Spokane WaPosts: 405
    Check with TFS as soon as possible and tell them your story it cant hurt.

http://www.toyotafinancial.com

Good Luck
    MNF
  • I'm going for another drive in another car on Monday. If it's the same as this one, I'll assume all is fine.
    It's just that I've driven manuals all my life (here and in Europe) and have never encountered anything like this before. I was a little confused about how it felt.
    I'll keep you posted.
  • The original dealer called today, saying what I'm experiencing is normal. It's the same as in the Rav4. It's designed that way to easier go from gear to gear. I had a look at another S today (no time to drive), and the stick behaves the way I'm used to. If it's in 4th gear, it looks to be in 4th gear, not neutral.
    Going back to the original dealer tonight. I'll have another feel/look and see what the story is
  • 2010 Corolla with 4500 miles. I notice that the idle is rough when I first start the car and when I stop for a traffic light. However, the idle is only rough when the headlamps are OFF (regardless of 'auto-on' or manual) With the lamps on, it idles right around 800 RPMs. When off, it drops to 600 and will sometimes fall below 600 for a second and then surge back up. Any thoughts. I'm brining it for an oil change next week and don't want the service writer to think I'm off my rocker when I tell him the problem. Thanks
  • I jsut got 2010 Corolla, and was bit confused when the color option came. There are so many cool color. But in my case I couldn't choose my color..which was black. Dealer reduced the price and made the deal with a Red one. I've never thought of Red..not even in dream. But saved money and when I saw the can next morning on my driveway...loved it.