Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Kia Sorento

12346»

Comments

• agnathaagnatha Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    How efficient is the new 4 cyl engine? What kind of a load can it carry?
  • harvittharvitt Member Posts: 9
    We just got the 2013 SX and love the 3rd row. But, i don't mind helping to move the 2nd row seat for them. We have a 6 and an 8 yr old, and they like riding back there, and I like having them a little further away! We plan on mainly using the 3rd row seats locally, when we are taking along friends of theirs. For trips, it might not be practical because then you don't have much cargo space.
  • winter2winter2 Member Posts: 1,801
    I am new to this particular forum. I am interested in purchasing a new Sorento to replace a fourteen year old Chrysler Concorde.

I am interested in hearing what you as owners have found to be the strong points as well as the weaknesses of your vehicle.

I am interested in a FWD, four cylinder version. Have any of you done long trips, say greater than 500 miles? How comfortable did you find the seats and ride? Is the interior noisy?
  • benson10benson10 Member Posts: 15
    I find my 4 cylinder FWD 2011 Sorento to be a superb combination of fuel mileage, manageable size, price, and warranty. The one thing that I have noticed is that the ride is a little firm, but some like that sporty feel. JB
  • preform03preform03 Member Posts: 1
    We live in NW Pa and we have snow and during certain conditions like when the surface has not yet forzen we just can't get the Kia stopped. The anti lock don't help. The tires are now 3 1/2 years old but passed inspection with tread to spare. Our other car is a Honda Ridgeline and we have no issues. I'm not sure new tires will help but we are actually thinking about trading.
    Your & other Kia Sorrento owners thoughts
    Trade your Kia Optima? Why.
    Just get new tires.
  • derindadderindad Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I had the same exact problem last night. I have a 2011 Sorento also. I had to have my car towed from work last night. It turned out to be a break switch with has something to do with the break lamp that caused it. $ 180.00 to fix. It took less than an hour. But my mechanic did tell me this switch was recalled April 1 2013. I hope this helps you.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2013
    Kia should cover that fix and pay for your tow charge because you're under Warranty. Make Kia pay for it. You're not over 60,000 miles on the odometer yet, are you?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    brake light switch has just been recalled and you should be reminbursed. if it ever goes out again you can still start the car (see manual for procedure). i think it is push button twice to get into on mode then hold button for 10 seconds. also as for traction in snow its the worst car ive ever owned in snow but it is the tires. when tires are replaced it will be much better. newer sorentos have different tires.
  • jfm27jfm27 Member Posts: 1
    Regarding the 2011 ex v6 Sorento. I have owned one for 3 years and have 79,000 miles on it . I have to say it has been a joy to own. Only two negatives. Would like a little better mileage and the ride is a bit stiffer than I prefer. Other than that, it is a fine automobile. It is as tight as the day I bought it and the quality is worth every penny. Very responsive engine and transmission, and very comfortable on any trip. No fatigue at all, even after 10 hours on the road. The fact it is built in America, makes it all the better. I am looking at a new sxl now, although, it is really crazy, since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have now. Just feel its time to upgrade.
  • csuf1csuf1 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    I am very sorry to hear that some of you have not been happy with your Kia Sorento.

I have over 40,000 miles on mine and have taken long trips, as long as 11 hours in the driver's seat, with no complaints. Mine is the 4 cyl., LX and it has been all that I expected and more.

For those that are claiming that Kia is a poor choice or that their dealer is not that great, let me tell you that, that is not my experience. My sister bought the same 2011 Sorento, after riding in mine and my son just bought a new 2013 Kia Optima. We all 3 love our KIAs and our dealer in Dana Point/San Juan Capistrano, Calif. has been fantastic.

All of our KIAs are so much better than ANY competitor for price, equipment, technology, comfort, design, warranty, service, etc.

I HIGHLY recommend that you test drive a KIA and compare what you get for your money and I bet you will be very happy. I have owned 2 new Mercedes, a new Lexus, a new Cadillac and 3 new Toyotas and KIA has been as good, if not better them some, for the money I spent.

So don't believe that it is impossible to get a very good KIA automobile.
    Hard to beat a Sorento for value and styling. Mine is perfect. And the bumper to bumper and drivetrain warranties are the best in the business. Still can't believe mine cost only $21,500. Yes the suspension is a bit on the "sporty" side. I'll bet they have changed that in later models. Also have an Optima which I love ... another stylish bargain for only $20,400. Wow!!!
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    my 2011 is now almost 3 1/2 years old. just took 3 trips in 3 weeks with it. 400 miles, 3400 miles and 350 miles. 44k on it and runs like the day it was new. excelent mileage (with v6) and very comfortable. no problem at all except bent shock which they replaced and i did it by hitting huge pothole so cant blame the car for that. and to make it more amazing it was built the first week of a brand new plant in a new country and an entirely new vehicle. built 10/29/2009.
  • joyce1007joyce1007 Member Posts: 1
    I only had 51,000 miles, just had the 50K work done, inspection, etc to the tune of $500. Within two days I was fortunately driving slow coming up to a red light and it sounded like I ran over a large rock or as if the something was falling out. Very loud and then power drop. My friend in the car was a witness. Pulled off the road, had it towed to the dealer where they said they could not reproduce it and nothing wrong. A friend found all these postings - I should have looked prior to buying! when I told the service manager about all the other postings he just said 'we can't go by what people write'. I said that this many can't all be wrong. They know this -and they just don't want to correct the error. I was fortunate to trade it in immediately!
  • dee1963dee1963 Member Posts: 1
    I am the orginal poster of this.. I also have something to add. My daughter had wrecked my Sorento and it was a mess. I was very upset about none of my airbags deployed. So I called KIa and their customer service person was very rude when I asked about the airbags she got very defensive and sent me a form for a recalled part... Next thing I know along with the form she enclosed a brouchure explaining how to properly use my seat belts and airbags. PISSED ME off. Since this call KIA has called 6 more times since after I complained to them about this woman. They said they would investigate it and asked to send pics I had some from 24 hours later at the body shop. Yes they only removed sheet metal before the pics..I told them to please call the body shop because they were the ones who said with the damage there wasn't any excuse for why they didn't deploy..She said we can see anything from the photos my car had been tampered with...I said I am not trying to sue you I just want to know those airbags are going to be there when I need them. The only thing she said was if my airbag lights go out after I start it then I'm fine. I told her what ever... I will never buy another KIA ever. I am going to trade it in for a Ford Edge. Oh well!! Did I mention this was my second KIA!! They lost a repeat customer.