Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

High End Luxury Cars

1457458459460461463»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter for a men’s lifestyle publication is interested in interviewing a male who has saved up enough money to indulge his goal of buying a luxury car. She wants to interview such a person to find out what unexpected benefits came his way, or how his life changed following this purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please respond to [email protected] with your name, phone number and the make and model of the car you purchased by Friday, September 9, 2011 .

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ecurryecurry Member Posts: 3
    Ok I've had this car for nearly 20k miles now and I'm loving it. When I first purchased the car, the dealer had to update the software for my bluetooth to work with my phone. Not long after that, Sprint/HTC sent an update and now the phone is perfectly integrated with the car.

I had an issue with the sunroof making a "popping" noise when I hit a bump or entered or left my driveway. Jaguar sent the dealer a kit and now the car is perfectly silent other than the lovely noise from the exhaust when I lay down the accelerator.

I've owned 3 MB. Two were S 500's and one was a 2003 SL 500. My wife now drives a 2010 E 350. All were purchased new. The S Classes had their issues when I first purchased them as well. The SL would "pop" when I lowered the top after owning it 6 months. Turned out that the little black panel on the back wasn't installed properly and would catch on the trunk while the hard top was lowering into the trunk area. It seems to me that all "luxury " cars are quirky. I know a person who own's a Maybach and that thing has so many gremlins it should star in a horror movie.

Bottom line is this. Buy what you're comfortable with owning. There is no such thing as a perfect machine. Even if there were, it would be less perfect within 3 years after a newer version is introduced...lol.

To me this Jaguar is a home run. When I bought mine there were only 4 in my local area. Now I'm seeing them more frequently. It seems the smart money is looking for value these days and Jaguar delivers in luxury, power and value in spades. Look out MB and BMW. Jaguar is for real !!!
  • anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860

First year check in---nothng

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    edited March 2014

Hi, Tony: A bit like the Stock Market thread. Has somewhat faded away. Well, I'll post here, not quite HELC, but;

Due to circumstances, I traded in my beloved Jag XK for a becomming beloved Jag XF. I think for emotional reasons, as well as the fact that it was just a fabulous GT with an intoxicating V8 engine note, that the XK will be my all-time favorite ride for some time. I'm still a bit saddened by the trade. But, the XF is a nice piece of work in its own right. More modern and practical: four doors, big trunk w/fold down seats and AWD). Entertaining with the pulsing starter button, rising shift knob and rotating vents. Yes, all gimmicks, but if I wanted staid and rational, I would have gone E, 5 or A6! Too each...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Man this is like fishing a bite :-) I always enjoy your writing and descriptive skills, and as for myself I got a ford energi to tide me over til either a Mercedes or other higher end car comes along....I find I like the challenge of using the battery vs just gas, and due to the weight , the car drives and feels like a real luxury car--alas not all that nice of an interior, but o k....The cost was a non event as I leased it :-) first time for me, but Len was right :-) ....Take care Tony

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674

Enjoy the Energi, I'm intrigued by plug-in hybrids. A good solution for me, my daily commute is ~20 miles round trip. So, I could do that electrically. Maybe Santa will get me a BMW i8 for Xmas?

The XF is no economy car, but I'm getting ~20mpg/tankful so far. Mostly local driving. For a large, heavy, powerful car, not bad.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Yep I get a little more than 20 miles range on battery, but overall on a trip of forty to fifty miles , the average is well above fifty mpg much as sixty two, that includes the elec.....The real thing is I dont fill the fourteen gal tank up maybe once every month.......I use way more gas in the small truck on the farm, so I just fill the two five gallon jugs up and then put maybe six gallons in the car , which really means I dont have to stop for a gas fill up.......
    I am concerned , for a owner further down the line , as I don`t know how efficient the battery will be, say after a few years.....I was thinking to the Porsche, but their battery cost twenty five Tony