Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti I30/I35

Comments

• txt1txt1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi everyone, What is the selling price for Infiniti I30 in southren Californina ?
    How munch above or below invoice?
    Thank you in advance!
  • mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    ljester: Owner loyalty requires registration card or pink slip proving ownership.

ruok007us: Without owner loyalty you are not going to buy an I30 for $1000 under cost as was suggested by an earlier poster. If you think the car is not worth $31,500, offer less, but $300 over is a hell of a deal.

razteo: If you want a smaller, underpowered, expensive to maintain, dangerous in the snow, less luxurious car, by all means buy a stripped down 528i.

scuderi: All I30's are prewired for a trunk mounted CD changer. Although a good aftermarket shop might be able to fit one under the passenger seat or in the glove box.....for a price of course
  • mmcbride1mmcbride1 Member Posts: 861
    Usually, you have very well-thought out posts, but that last one seems to be a bit of a cheap shot at BMW. BMW gives free maintenance for 3 years, and they most certainly are not 'dangerous' in the snow.
  • philw2philw2 Member Posts: 36
    $400 dealer incentive out of the gate. Invoice is a good fair price. However, you can do better.
  • sasmith95sasmith95 Member Posts: 13
    Just bought an I30 for $220 under invoice. No haggling whatsoever-- I figured at that price I would not have saved significant dollars by haggling, and the dealer experience was good. The other local dealer's price was $1400 more (including a $225 documentation fee, which the other dealer did not charge), though, and he was unwilling to negotiate until I told him about the better offer I got a few days later. Big difference between two dealers in close proximity to each other.
  • mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    Without owner loyalty you honestly can't do better than a few hundered under invoice because thats all the money there is. I was just making the point that $1000 under invoice just is not going to happen.

And yeah I must admit that was sort of a cheap shot at BMW. However, once you get past three years BMW's do get quite costly. I've seen customers who are quite suprised at how inexpensive the scheduled maintenance is on their new Jag compared to what they had been paying for a BMW.
    I am looking for a good price Infiniti dealer in So Cal. Please advice.
    Thanks
    Can I change my Login Password,Thanks!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Go back to the Town Hall welcome page - there is a link to "Town Hall" just under the last message on this page. (Also in the upper left of the white part of this page.)

Look in the upper part of the blue sidebar on the left of the Welcome Page and you will see a link to "Change Password" - of course you have to be logged in to see that. The link is under the Logout button.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
    !!!!!
  • jji7363jji7363 Member Posts: 33
    I've read the thread comparing the I30 to the Acura TL and it sounds like it is a matter of personal preference. But what about the new Type S from Acura? Sounds like it's pretty impressive but I haven't actually driven one yet.

Can anyone shed some light? Will Infiniti match this salvo from Acura with an improved I30 in the near future? I tend to buy and hold when it comes to cars.
    Rumor has it that the I30 will get a 260 hp V6 in either 2002 or 2003. I wouldn't wait, though. If you're a drag racer, there are better cars to buy out there that the I30 or TL. The current I30 has plenty of giddy-up (for me, at least). I think the 260 hp version will undoubtedly be faster, but the current I30 is far from a slug. It goes plenty fast for everyday driving.
  • tgif888tgif888 Member Posts: 351
    In Acura, the only option is the Navigator. But the Infiniti you have more options. In Infiniti you need to get the I30t to get true compare to the Acura Type S. In Acura, you get the heated seat, Traction control, and 6 disc CD-changer standard. In Infiniti this is an option. Infiniti housepower is 225, Acura Type S is 260. You get an analog clock in Infiniti, digital in Acura. On the other hand, Infiniti have a 4 yr./60000 mile basic warranty. Acura only have 4 yr/50000 mile basic warranty. With all this Infiniti MSRP is 33265. Acura is 31350.

I just get the Acura 2002 TL Type S last week and I was able to knock down $500 from the MSRP and get the dealer throw in the mug guards for free. Now, mug guards ($82 invocie $110 MSRP) also is an option for Infiniti.
    You can get the fully loaded I30 for right about the same as your TL-S (Infiniti will discount the I30, you only got $500 off your TL-S). So it just comes down to a matter of preference, not to mention the Infiniti Bose system sounds better than the Acura system, IMO.
  • tgif888tgif888 Member Posts: 351
    Well, you are right. It is because I already get a Maxima, there is no point for me to get another similar car (Infiniti I30t).
  • redskin024redskin024 Member Posts: 110
    The I30 is a slug, 8.4 seconds is nothing special for 0-60. Considering the regular TL goes 0-60 in 6.7 and the heavier Aurora in 7.6. Now thats "giddy-up".

My father wanted the TL, but to lease it would have cost him $100 more a month than the I30.
    Have you driven an I30? It is not a slug. It's not a dragster, but it goes quite nicely, thank you, esp. once you're underway (passing someone). It has plenty of passing power.

Like I said, if you want 0-60, neither of these cars fits the bill. How about a BMW 330i at 6.1? How about an M3 at 4.6 sec? How about an Audi S4 at 5.5?

Those are fast cars, neither the TL or I30 is in the same league.
  • kimj1kimj1 Member Posts: 32
    I am currently shopping for a new car. One that I am looking at is the Maxima GLE fully loaded. It has been suggested to me to look at the I30 Luxury. I did check this car out back in October of last year and I did like it, but that was so long ago that I forgot most of what I liked about it. I plan on taking a second look this week.

Can anyone tell me why I should choose the I30 over the Maxima.

Thanks.
    The following are items standard in the I30 that you cannot get in the Max:

-One-touch up and down driver and passenger windows (I believe Max offers driver only)
    -One-touch open/close sunroof (I think - Max may offer this)
    -4 year/60k b-to-b warranty
    -rear sunshade (we actually use this a lot in the summer - it keeps the heat off back seat passengers or little ones)
    -memory driver seat with 2 memory settings (very nice - I'm 6'2", my wife is 5'3")
    -free loaner car for service
    -better treatment at dealer (this may vary, but on the whole, Infiniti dealers provide very good service)
    -neat looking analog clock
    -more soundproofing materials (quieter car)
    -5 more hp unless you get the Anniversary Edition Maxima, but then that will cost you over $30k
    -lose the ugly rear styling of the Max for the nice looking I30 (I don't like the way the Max looks from the rear)

Like I mentioned earlier, through the NVPP (I'm assuming this is what your husband will purchase through), the I30 came out to $1,000-$1,500 more than a fully loaded Max GLE. We got our I30 for $27,700, the Max was right about $26,500 or so (also through the NVPP), both prices were calculated using the worksheet provided by Nissan.

We thought the small price difference was well worth it when we saw what we got for the money.
    I30 has auto-dimming rear view mirror (I have no idea if the Max has one or not, but it's nice when you get someone with a misaligned headlight behind you).
    Bought a new I30 Lux last week. I went to Nissan with the car and pulled up next to the Maxima. The I is much nicer, more refinded, better warranty, service, etc. If you are in Texas, I can find you new I30 for abt $27.5, that is $300 under invoice. Send me an email, pwein@hotmail.com. BTW, I am not a dealer or salesperson.
    That's the beauty of the NVPP (Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan - what Kim's husband qualifies for). You actually get the car for a little under invoice at any dealer. Our I30 had traction control and heated seats/mirrors as options, and we paid $27,700. So we would have been close to $27k through the NVPP on an I30L with no options.

How are you liking the I30?
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    I own a 98 I30 which has less Hp than the current model, but had faster test times in the magazines. I also have a 90 Q45 which does 0-60 in 6.7 seconds (about the same as the TL Types).
    The I30 is quite quick from a standing start, but on the highway the passing acceleration is pathetic compared to the Q45. I dont know how the TLs is, but it should be better than the I30 considering the almost 2 second faster 0-60. My wife drives the I30, but I make sure to take the Q when we go on a highway trip. Night & day more power on the highway. The closest Acura dealer is an hour away, but right now the TLs is the only car I would consider short of a GS430 or the new Q (both about $20K more $$ MSRP).
    Also my I30 is definately NOT quiet on the highway. The Q45 is supposed to be noisy for it's price range, but it is 10X more quiet on the highway than the I30. My I30 seems to have noise that comes from the trunk via the parcel shelf (at highway speed). Test reports say the new one is noisier than mine.
    So far, I like it. I owned a lexus es 300, for the $$$ the I30 beats its by far. I have Titanium silver, it looks great. hope you enjoy yours.
  • mhammy84mhammy84 Member Posts: 167
    tom17: I have a 97 I30t which is an adequate sedan with regard to power. My I30 with only 27K doesnt seem to feel as powerful as the beat-up 2000 loaners I get from the dealer. In fact, the loaner I have had for the past few days is a 2000, and is very powerful compared to my I30. I also noticed that it is only SLIGHTLY more quiet than my 97, the largest difference between the two being at idle ('00 is very quiet compared to '97). I also own a 2000 Acura 3.2TL which is much quieter than any I30, and is also much more powerful (even at highway passing speeds, slide it into the triptronic, and passing is a breeze). Also, the TL is much stiffer, less bouncy than the I30, which can get annoying over coninuously bumpy roads (feels like my old LeSabre). The TL and my "t" model I30 handle the bumps much better. I also drove a GS430 recently, but I dont remember much about it for some reason. The most striking thing with that car is that it is just as noisy as the I30s on the road, not quiet at all (the LS is VERY quiet on the other hand). Just today, I drove a Passat V6 4Motion (2001), and was disappointed. The car has no power, and doesnt express luxury with the VW nameplate. The engine doesnt even spin the wheels at full throtle from complete stop. I hopped back into my I30 loaner and was surprised that VW could charge similar money for their passat when buyers can turn to the I30 or TL which are FAR better in performance and equipment. The new Q runs around 50K, and I have never driven one so I cannot comment. I am sure that car will definately please you if you bought it (probably worth the money). LS430 is very similar.
    To answer your question, yes my dad leases an I30 and compared to others ive driven, it is a slug. The TL would toast it in passing power. So would an Aurora with a V6 or a V8. And a 300m. and others probably too. I guess I may think it is slow due to the fact im used to faster cars. Maybe your used to slower cars, as you said it was enough power for you. Anyways....
    My point was that it may not be as fast as other cars out there, but it is far from a slug, that's all.
  • jji7363jji7363 Member Posts: 33
    I visited the Acura dealer last night and was terribly disappointed that my head was practically touching the ceiling on the 2002 TL. I'm only 6'0". With the seat reclined a bit, I had some head room, but when I got back into my Saab, the greater head room was quite noticable. Must be the moonroof consuming an inch or two.

I'm planning to drive out to the Infiniti dealer (about 30 miles from home) next week. Is the head room better in the I30?
    I'm 6'2" and have a long torso, and i have no problems in the I30, even with the sunroof.
  • vtgtvtgt Member Posts: 30
    I took my '01 I30L to the dealer and complained about the noise. The customer service guy told me that I30 is always noisy as it is. He said he couldn't do anything with it. He also let me test drive another I30 to compare with my car. He said the wind noise came from the side mirrors and it works as design. It sounds to me that Infiniti knows the problem but has no solution at all. Do you have any info/solution about this issue.
  • abadi1abadi1 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in the process of purchasing an I30. I live in Orlando FL and I am speaking with Orlando Infiniti and Clearwater Infiniti. So far, Clearwater is giving me the best deal, but I need to know how you are getting the heated seats and traction control for $27,700. I am currently looking at paying $$27,665, plus $376 spoiler, $196 mud guards, and no heated seats or traction control. Please help me.
    Unless you can use the NVPP (which is reserved for Nissan employees and employees of companies that do business with Nissan), you probably won't get that deal (that's how I got it). Just do the best you can and be happy.
  • vtgtvtgt Member Posts: 30
    I bought my '01 I 30L at 28K with every option (traction control, heated seat, CD changer, mud guards) but NAV.
  • asherhusainasherhusain Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased an Infiniti I30 through the VPP as well. For a brief period from Mid-January through Mid-February, there was an additional $1000 incentive (beyond the $400 customer cash). I was able to take advantage of that.

This was my first time using the VPP ( I work for a Nissan supplier). For anyone else who uses the VPP, I have a question:

Are most Infiniti models always available thru VPP? For example, when the XVL comes out next year, will Nissan allow VPPP sales on it? Right now the new Q is excluded, but the old Q isn't. (According to the website for VPP)?

Are the special VPP incentives always higher in the slow winter selling season, or can they spike at other times of the year?

Finally, does anyone buy and sell vehicles using the VPP every 6 months to a year? Are you able to sell on the used car market close to one's new car purchase price using VPP, thereby being able to drive a new car every year for close to the cost of the sales tax paid?

Thanks in advance.
  • ruok007usruok007us Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking of buying an I30. It states that it uses premium gas, can anyone tell me if this is recommended, and if it is necessary? Does anyone out there use 89 or 87 octane gas in their I30? Is it a problem?
  • zeliforpzeliforp Member Posts: 44
    Read back a few posts about the problems first-run I30's in 2000 had with TCB's. After changing out the TCB, 0-60 times are in the mid 7's. As I mentioned earlier a friend of mine took her 2001 I30 down to the track a while ago and rang in at "an average of" 7.7s. Weather was a bit cold, but other conditions were pretty much on-par for a decent measurement.

Keep in mind also that the difference between an 8second 0-60 time and a 7.0second 0-60 time is about 3/4 of a car-length, IF both cars start out at exactly the same moment and nobody does any strange brake-shifting on an automatic. Unless you make your living racing teenagers at stoplights, I don't see what the fuss is all about.
    Im 19 years old. im into fast cars... i drive an 87 Monte Carlo SS, and a lot of my first driving experiences were in fast cars... thats all, no big whoop.
  • 96_i30_5sp96_i30_5sp Member Posts: 127
    a 1 second difference in 0-60 times is more than 3/4 car length. Maybe you meant .1 second? I used to have a 96 I30t 5spd and I could easily pull several car lengths on equally equipped automatic I30s, reflecting the 0-60 differences.
  • djrunnerdjrunner Member Posts: 46
    I have been having the same problem with my 2000 I30L. I took the car in for service back in December and the Service Manager acknowledged the problem with the rear wind noise. They kept the car over night and said that after looking into it "it was considered normal, as a matter of fact the new 2001's on the lot had the same problem". I was told that they would log the information with Nissan and that the manufacturer would have to come up with a solution. I was also given a reference number for calling consumer affairs to see when the problem would be resolved. I check periodically with C. A., but the result is always the same - they are still trying to resolve the problem. In the meantime my dealership won't change the seals to see if that will help eliminate the problem. I know others have been successful with their dealerships though. You might try pressing your dealership again to get your car logged as a problem with the manufacturer. The more complaints that they get, the more likely they are to fix the problem. Maybe they should have used better quality seals in the first place. I have also went so far as to call dealerships over 200 miles away to see if they have had the problem and they have. Let me know if you find a solution.

B.T.W. - Don't believe that mirror excuse.
  • ljester1ljester1 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an I30 (not t, no options) for 26,780 plus 400 doc, taxes and title. No rebates no loyalty program, no trade. Just straight deal.
  • jaki30jaki30 Member Posts: 73
    Have opportunity to purchase I30 w/ heated seats, mud guards, trac and 6-cd.
    List is $31,300. Dealer wants $29k- $1k loyalty for total of $28k plus tax and
    license. Is April going to increase rebates or should I buy now? Dealer claims
    I only have to sign by 3/31 to get rebate. Need help ASAP. Thanks.
    ljester1: That's the same price I just got mine for. My dealer charged $400 more for the car, but no doc fees.

jaki30: Your dealer should be coming down $1000 on the model with heated seats, mud guards, trac and cd changer. I was offered this car for $28 without customer loyalty.
    Where are you located? The three dealers I have visited here in the Northeast
    are all within $350 of the price. And none have the color in stock. They will
    locate it for me. The doc fees around here are $200 to $250.
    I'm in NY metro area. The dealer located a car for me as well.
    Find out dead invoice, ask for a copy, offer $200 under, stay firm, they will do it. If you have loyalty $$$, don't mention until you make deal. I got $800 under, however they wanted my trade REAL BAD. Good Luck, stay strong.
    Thanks everyone. Dealer wasn't budging from the $28k price. It is $540 under
    invoice. I wanted an Acura 3.2 TL. Wife wanted the I30 (I can live w/the I30).
    TL was 27,250 for a leftover 2001. We should have the I30 on Tues or Wed.
    Thanks again.
  • rsmbobrsmbob Member Posts: 13
    Hi all,

My orig list of 22 cars to look at and shop for got narrowed down to 6, then 3, and now 2. I feel both of these are great $30K cars,and each has distinct advantages and disadvantages. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

I am a current G20 owner and it is on its last legs (1991, 189000 miles), but it has been a wonderful automobile to own and drive. WHat is this Infiniti owner loyalty program? How does it work? Is the $$ above and beyond any other incentive or rebate? Is it automatic or do you have to ask for it? Does it expire? Should I mention it up front or negotiate everything and then spring it on them at the end?

All info and advice is appreciated.

- Bob in SoCal (new Infiniti dealer in Mission Viejo only 5 min from my house!)
    The loyalty money comes from Infiniti after you make your best deal. Its $1000 for I30. between I30 and 300m, I30 will hold resale better, better reliabilty, and better warranty. You can get I30 lux model for abt $27.5m which is a few hundred invoice. There is $400 back from infinti as dealer rebate. See my previous post. Good Luck.
  • swcarguyswcarguy Member Posts: 1
    Easter Bunny came early and put a I-30 in my basket....Just bought a 98 I-30t with 44,000 on the clock. Great Car! I drove the ES300/Aura 3.2TL and this one back to back -each for about 40 miles... no doubt the I-30 has more stability on the road. It is quieter than the Acura--look out for the wind noise at 70mph on the 3.2TL and has better seats....and has a much better suspension and price than used ES300's...all and all a good car...

I: Does anyone know of a Infiniti dealer willing to price the Infiniti service contract aggressively?

The local dealers ( only 3 in town) say the contract will take me out to 7 years 100,000 bumper to bumper ... list is $1875 ( total rape job) and will sell at $1400...still seems high--wholesale cost is supposed to be about $875-$900

Any help is appreciated....
  • mhammy84mhammy84 Member Posts: 167
    May I ask how much you got your 98 for? What color is the vehicle...and are there ANY problems with the operation of the vehicle (vibrations with headlights, windnoises, tranny issues) or have you not been able to observe the car's operation that closely yet? Are there any aftermarket modifications performed on the car?