Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kscheinbergkscheinberg Member Posts: 1
    Well, we've finally decided on an Odyssey. Our second baby is due in... four days! I *really* want to test drive one first, but am beginning to think that will be impossible. I'm in San Jose and wiling to travel a bit, but not *too* much. Oddynewbie, are you still here? I would love a recommendation. I tried liquidprice.com, got a quote that seemed okay, and they WENT OUT OF BUSINESS before I could reply to the dealer! Recommendations welcome, please.
  • martin318martin318 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to say I'm glad my post concerning my buying experience with Honda Morristown (TN)was helpful to someone! After all, that's what this forum is all about isn't it? Also, I live near Knoxville, not Atlanta, so the driving distance to the dealership was not really an issue for me. However, I believe if your local dealer knows you are willing to travel for a better deal, they will be more willing to work with you. Also, I can assure you that the dealer I worked with was truly on the "up and up". That's another thing I learned during this process: some dealers will try to convince you that there is something wrong with a dealer that offers a better deal!
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Bay Area dealers usually quote $500-$2000 over MSRP. Some of the guys in San Joaquin and Sacramento County are a bit cheaper.
  • tomjavatomjava Member Posts: 136
    Try San Leandro Honda, they offer $500 above MSRP. That's the lowest that I can find after sending emails to all bay area dealers.

Good Luck
  • pacotacopacotaco Member Posts: 4
    In the market for an Odyssey EX in the Virginia Beach Va and Richmond Va area, anyone know of any "good deal" dealers, and what pricing I will expect to get? Thank you, paco.
  • 2boysmom2boysmom Member Posts: 1
    I live about 40 minutes southwest of Philadelphia and am looking to buy an Odyssey. Any recommendations on where to look or the process in general are appreciated. I don't want to get taken!
    Thanks!
    Even some slight discounts, though that is subject to change. Virginia Beach, I don't know about that one.
  • amz997amz997 Member Posts: 61
    check out philadelphia honda. Great dealership and excellent pricing. When I was buying 2001 accord they had 3 Odesseys on their lot for sale. One of my friend bought a van for less than MSRP from them.
    www.philadelphiahonda.com
    They have 4 vans in stock
    Green Ex, White Ex Beige Ex and a ex with nav
  • davidthompsondavidthompson Member Posts: 36
    We are looking to pick up a 2001 EX Nav immediately when we return to the U.S. July 31. Although our U.S. address and our "home town" Honda dealer is down in South Carolina, we are going to be landing in New York City, and would really like to take delivery of the vehicle there.

Does anyone know of a good Honda dealer who has fluid availability and is selling Odysseys at MSRP or less somewhere in the corridor between NYC and New Haven?

Alternatively are there any trustworthy dealers or brokers who might simply deliver to us on a street corner in Manhattan?

In the past we had purchased a Canadian vehicle through a broker, and would be interested in doing that again, but apparently the NAV is not an option on the Canadian vehicles, and we do want that.

Finally, has anyone had any experience with Priceline for buying an Odyssey?

Thanks for any recommendations you can give...

David
    I know someone who knows someone, I'll ask them to look into it. It is my understanding you can get it at MSRP in the area you described.
  • tstehrtstehr Member Posts: 1
    Looking for an EX in St. Louis MO - any suggestions
  • dschmitt1996dschmitt1996 Member Posts: 9
    See message #1332 for a NYC purchase below MSRP. (By the way, for some reason the index is messed up. Go to message #1435 and it will actually take you to 1332.)

Also, I tried Priceline, and it was no help. No one accepted my bid (I think it was $700 below MSRP) and the Priceline assistant I spoke with on the phone told me they aren't getting any deals. Still, it can't hurt to try!

Good luck,
    David
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    It has gotten to the point with us that Priceline.com is just a complete waste of time. I don't know how they are doing with their sales, but all of the Odyssey "leads" that we receive are too far under MSRP to even bother with.

We have sold all of our 2001's. The next allocation that I get from Honda will be for the 2002's. I know there will be a few color changes, but haven't heard anything on pricing.
    Thanks for the tips guys. I will contact that Bronx dealer, and if you do find out anything more, Raybear, please do let me know.

David
  • shellc88shellc88 Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to decide on which to buy a 2001 or 2002. Would like more information on the 2002 models before making a decision, but don't know where to find it. Does anyone have info or a site I can go to to find this?
  • edikamedikam Member Posts: 7
    2002 Honda Odyssey will have two additional colors, plus leathers seats. The news about major changes in transmition and engine are not confirmed by American Honda. Price is going to be increased by $200-2400. A very new, redesigned model is expected in 2003, which will have all major improvements. You can get your name on a list for 2002, will receive it probably in November, but it will probably will be better if you wait 2003 model.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I thought Honda was on a 5 year cycle now? That would make now model in 2004. You know something??? :-)
  • mstaebomstaebo Member Posts: 9
    Hello all! We put down a deposit for a silver EX last month, and it's coming in this week. However, after reading on these boards and others about the rumors concerning changes for 2002, I've been wondering if we shouldn't wait a few more months.
    My mom is Japanese and lives in Ohio. She has a good friend whose husband is an executive at Honda. I asked her to give him a call and see if she could get any information about the 2002. He was very helpful to her, and after making a few phone calls and gathering some documents he was able to give her a full list of changes that have been made to the 2002. She asked him if he would fax her some of the documents he was referring to, but of course he said he could not. Nevertheless, he confirmed many of the things we've already heard, such as:

HP increased to 235 w/ no change in gas mileage
    side airbags
    larger speakers
    rear disc brakes
    leather option
    7" DVD entertainment unit option

But here are a few minor items I hadn't heard before:

van will be slightly larger
    improved interior lighting system
    modified rear seat so that it doesn't flip open/close so fast (I don't own an Ody, so I'm not sure what this means, but apparently it's something they had gotten a lot of customer complaints about)

(I already posted this info on another popular Odyssey boards, so this may be repetitive for readers of both boards...)

Erika
    I would believe if your mom lived in Ontario, not Ohio, otherwise why would you mention where she lives, had friends at Honda Office, you would not need to put downpayment.
    I really don't care if you believe me or not. The reason I mentioned that she lives in Ohio is because she lives near Marysville and owns the only Japanese grocery store in the area. All the Japanese Honda families come in to shop, and that is how she met her girlfriend whose husband is a Honda exec. Since he's in Ohio, he obviously is not directly involved with Odyssey assembly, but he was easily able to make inquiries to people who are. I've never met him or his wife. I live in NH.

And what in the world are you talking about "putting a down payment"? If I want to order a 2002, I have to put down a deposit, just like everyone else.

I posted this information here because I've learned a lot on these boards over the last several months, and wanted to give something in return. I've already received a couple of nice emails thanking me for sharing. Anyone else who thinks I some kind of crackpot, can ignore what I've said. I doubt I'll be getting an apology from you, edikam, when the 2002s appear exactly as I've described.

Erika
    Save your time, and fool people somewhere else.
    You said "We put down a deposit for a silver EX last month, and it's coming in this week." Sounds like 2002 Honda Odyssey is coming in this week, is it right? Because this is what you are saying "And what in the world are you talking about "putting a down payment"? If I want to order a 2002, I have to put down a deposit, just like everyone else." You definitely will not get apology, just like people will not get Erika's version of 2002 Honda Odyssey.
    You guys ought to get together and have a laugh. One of you didn't like Priceline because your offer was too low, and the other thinks the offers they send are too low!
  • mikehaneymikehaney Member Posts: 14
    I believe Erika was saying they put a deposit on a 2001 Odyssey, and they were wondering if they should wait for the 2002. A lot of us are in that position right now - nobody wants to buy a car and have something much better come out a few months later.

Erika's story makes perfect sense and is pretty much in line with most of the rumors that have been floating around here and other message boards. I have no reason to doubt what she is saying. What would her motives be for lying - she would surely be found out in a couple months.

There's no reason to be such a jerk to people on these forums. Your posts and attacks are just plain rude.
  • ttom21ttom21 Member Posts: 2
    I just got SS EX with Navi yesterday using United Buying Services. We waited 13months to get our Odyssey. It was worth the wait for the saving.
    SS EX with Navi $26,151
    Cross bar $199
    Mud flaps $129
    Tax & Tag $94.46
    State Tax 3% $794.37
    Processing fee $0
    Grand Total $27,367.83

mjhoran you had gotten your leather seat from classic soft trim for $1,299. I called them today and they told me $1,599. Did you got a special price from them? And how is your leather seat from Classic Soft Trim? Is it nice? worth the money?

It was too long a wait but my wife is so happy with our Odyssey.
    Thanks everyone here for there input.

ttom
    ... I appreciate your post. Yes, of course it was the 2001 Ody EX that came in today, not a 2002. I wish! (I think someone needs to take a remedial reading course.)

I've been reading this board for several months now and have always found people to be in general quite civil. I was pretty surprised at the rudeness of edikam's replies to me.

Erika
    I agree that there is no reason to be a jerk on forums, Erika and mikehoney. So stop being such ones. Erika, before you make some suggestions about remedial reading class, may be it will be useful you read your posts again and ask somebody else to read it to you, so you would see it applies to you first, plus writing course as well. The bottom line is this false info confuses people. I believe it is wrong information. Nikehoney believes it to be true. If you read all posts by Erika you will think what I think. Erika, you have EX to pick up, and with this info if it is true, please let us know what are you going to do. Are you going to cancel this order and wait for 2002, or just get this one.
    You wrote: "Erika, before you make some suggestions about remedial reading class, may be it will be useful you read your posts again and ask somebody else to read it to you, so you would see it applies to you first, plus writing course as well. The bottom line is this false info confuses people."

I went back and re-read my post, and I still don't see anything false or confusing about it. Of course if you're simply calling me a liar, that's a different matter. Since writing clearly and concisely is a requirement in my career, I'm pretty confident of my ability to communicate effectively. I've posted this info on two Ody boards, and you are the only person I've heard from so far that thought I was claiming to have ordered a 2002 that was coming in this week! Re-read my first paragraph:

I wrote: "We put down a deposit for a silver EX last month, and it's coming in this week. However, after reading on these boards and others about the rumors concerning changes for 2002, I've been wondering if we shouldn't wait a few more months."

You also wrote: "If you read all posts by Erika you will think what I think."

LOL! Are you implying that I have a history of writing false and misleading posts? I've only posted on Edmunds once before and that was to ask a question about destination charges. Once again, what in the world are you talking about?!

Since you asked, we talked to the dealer today and told him we have decided to wait for the 2002. We are number 1 on his pre-order list. We just have to decide if we're going to stick with the silver or change to the red.

I'm not even sure why you're asking, since it's pretty clear that you think I'm lying about everything anyway.

Ciao!
  • bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    Erika:

Thanks for your info regarding 2002 Odyssey. I have read your message last two days. I was not going to post anything at first, but since someone was confused about your message and after mikehaney explained people may have doubt other people is still confused. So here I am.
    Your original message was very Clear to me. I am NOT CONFUSED at all. You said you order 2001 at the beginning then heard about the 2002 Odyssey's improved version. I am just curiously since I read most of the posts that said Majority Problem of Odyssey is EX power sliding door. I talked to 2 friends who owned EX both had dealer fixed their power door. How come Honda doesn't address power door in 2002? I like new rear disc brake and other stuffs.
    Anyway I am in the similar situations. I am currently on waiting list of 2 local Honda dealers for a GG EX ODY @MSRP. You change your order from 2001 to 2002 per your last #1431 post. Do you know when will they (or you) have your 2002 delivered?

bjk.

ps. Thanks to your guys post, I took the leads posted here. I am getting MSRP in So Calif, but I am still on waiting list (my 2nd week), I am not out of the woods yet.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Thanks for your post, Erika. It does go in tune with what the rumoured changes I've heard would be. I'm a little surprised to read about the van being a bit larger though. I would put a question mark on that particular tip since it would mean a change in the packaging somewhere.

Let's stick to discussing the vehicle and not the person(s) please!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    bjk: The dealer said he wasn't sure exactly when they would be receiving their first allotment of 2002s, but said that September would probably be the earliest. Supposedly that's when they got their first 2001s last year.

Good luck bjk!

Drew: I was startled at the mention of a size change too. My mom said he mentioned that Hyundai was introducing a large passenger van to the U.S., but I've never heard of such a thing. I looked on the Hyundai USA website, but there were no vans. I checked out the Korean website, and there is a "Starex" van depicted, but not being able to read Korean, I didn't learn much more.

Erika
    Mastebo wrote "van will be slightly larger," and this is what makes me doubt the information she has. Honda does not make changes in the size in the middle of any model period. It is very confusing for me once again to read your post about Hyundai. Are we talking about Honda or Hyundai? Just imagine, we read your info about Honda, and here is korean Hyundai. Very confusing "Since writing clearly and concisely is a requirement in my career, I'm pretty confident of my ability to communicate effectively."
    why dont you guys use AOL Instant messenger and settle your differences?

Even I am suprised to hear the size increase.. people in my development leave their odesseys outside the garage and with the size increase I may have to leave it on the street:_)
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    could mean something as simple as bigger bumpers. Until Honda lets the cat out the bag all we hear is rumor.
    I'm no longer going to respond to anyone who calls me a liar, so it's not necessary to use AOL IM.

People are welcome to consider the info I posted as noteworthy or to dismiss it as nonsense. I'm just happy I was able to strengthen my resolve to wait for the 2002 with information I gained from someone I view as an extremely credible source.

My mom's Honda friends have been great resources for me in the past, helping me to get some neat little accessories for my Accord. Since my DH will be inheriting the Accord when we finally get the Ody, I guess I'll start right now working on getting some LaGreat stuff!

Erika
    in September. Our last allocation for 2001's was at the beginning of June for an August delivery. I am speaking as a Honda dealer that regularly receives 20-25 units per month.

Yes there will be some color changes, a red and blue to be added. Yes, there will be a leather addition to the EX, there will also be a video system option available. It would not surprise me to see changes in the engine. I don't know the pricing changes at this point.

Ericka, thanks for the posts...they are in line with the 2002's.
  • dschmitt1996dschmitt1996 Member Posts: 9
    Too funny! I thought about that, too.

For the record, I want to clarify what I said about Priceline. I wasn't able to use it to get a deal. Yes, my bid was low. But I also had discussions with the Priceline rep who told me the prices he was able to get outside of going through the bidding process. Checking my notes, best deal he had for EX was $26,800, with another at $27,300, another at $27,935.

I was able to get a better deal, but looking back over my notes, the $26,800 isn't terrible at all. So perhaps I overstated that Priceline isn't useful.
  • johnj62johnj62 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone been quoted more than $300 off MSRP for an EX in the Indy area?
    Best I've seen is $26,800 too. Lots of dealers are over sticker, it has to do with market value as much as anything.
  • gpalmgpalm Member Posts: 7
    Can anybody point me to the post # that references a dealer with a highly competitive Honda Extended Warranty offering.

When the Oddy forum first started you could search the entire thread. With this not possible, your help would be appreciated.

Also, if you can post a URL on a good comparison of Honda Extended Warranty offerings, it would be a great help.
    GP
  • thebaumerthebaumer Member Posts: 1
    first time poster, after looking around casually for a while finally found a deal i could live with. Best quotes in Atlanta area were 28,000-28,500. Will drive to Valdosta (250miles) to get my GG 2001 EX for $26,500 + $239 fee... that plus Tax and Title...there was no wait but he only had one so we didnt get a choice on the color.

Now the search for an extended warranty starts! Any hints? Thanks!
  • gpalmgpalm Member Posts: 7
    Though the above referenced post has some good information in it, the e-mail id has not responded to my request for a bid. At the URL referenced in the post, I also requested a bid - no response yet. 2 days since both requests.

If anyone has a lead on a competitive Honda Care extended warranty dealer -- please let me know.

GP
  • as23as23 Member Posts: 1
    I have a good deal in San Diego. I bought one ex for msrp and I don't have to be in waiting lists.
  • frenettefrenette Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Odysseys purchased in Canada by Americans can be driven without modification in the U.S.?
  • kolli1kolli1 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my SS Ody for MSRP from Ellis Brooks Motors in Yreka. They are about 6 hrs away from bay area. They are selling all thier inventory for MSRP and no waiting lists. If they don't have the color you like, they look around to see if there are any avialable at other dealers and makes a swap. You could go and pick it up yourself or they arange to drive the van down to bay area for a fee ($200 - $300).

I had a pleasent buying experience. You can call up JD, Ellis Brooks Motors @ (530) 842 2755.

I also tried to use price line and was told that most southern california dealers are selling for MSRP, and there is not much waiting. There is a dealer @ Merced that is selling for MSRP, but need to wait for 2 months and pay refundable $2K deposit.

Hope this helps.
    Hey! Good dealer! Your offer would have gone to them also if you had requested it, but you found them on your own.
    Frenette - my 1999 Canadian Odyssey EX was registered and driven in the South Carolina without any difficulties or modifications. Now it is in Europe, which is a whole other story - people won't stop trying to get me to turn off my headlights!

David
  • greydogmdgreydogmd Member Posts: 1
    Placed order for 2002 Odyssey in Maryland for MSRP plus $25 documentation fee. Probable delivery late September.
  • lwaltzlwaltz Member Posts: 1
    Where does one see the 2002 MSRP? My local dealer will probably be the last to get them, and I would like to know the increase from 2001 now if possible.
    Thanks
    you more than likely wont be able to see one before September. We haven't been given the new pricing structure yet. I have seen the new colors and they should all do well...even the Havasu Blue