Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    carskumcarskum Member Posts: 12
    I called Dave Mungenast St Louis Honda and got the higher price as well (not the 27K). Curiously HueyHonda across town quoted an identical price (28,753+159doc+TTL).
  • Options
    cj31cj31 Member Posts: 21
    Can you tell us exactly what she paid before TTL? If possible, a breakdown would be great.
  • Options
    wise8wise8 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Mikesch,

Thanks for sharing. It's great news! Based on my calculation, it reflects the $1700 incentive the Yahoo article indicates.

I am looking for a EXL as well. How did you get such a good price? I am thinking about asking for similar price via emails. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    kimba2kimba2 Member Posts: 3
    your e-mail is not correct. I am trying to get the number of the sales guy. please contact me
  • Options
    do you have more info about your email addess?
  • Options
    jli1jli1 Member Posts: 5
    eyemd2,

can you tell me which car dealer ship in roseville offer you that price? autowest??

thanks,
    jli
  • Options
    honda4me1honda4me1 Member Posts: 7
    Which dealer?
  • Options
    bunker5bunker5 Member Posts: 2
    I have had a couple of people email inquiring about my purchase. You can email me your address and I will tell you the dealer and who to talk to. I paid 26600 for an EX-L and this included the destination charge. My wife is an excellent negotiator and it took about 4 hours, we never gave them a price, they just kept lowering the price until we took a test drive in the car and then we offered them our lowest price. Overall the experience was great and the dealership was fantastic. A good tip is that in my area, the EX are selling like crazy, the EX-L and better will not sell like crazy until all the EX are gone, so the dealerships here are willing to give a great deal to get them off their lot. I had a lot of time and no money so I spent a lot of time visiting dealerships and negotiating with different salespeople the last few weeks, I feel this helped me to get a good deal. This was my wife and my first time every buying a new car.
  • Options
    intradeintrade Member Posts: 11
    Bunker5,

Could you please email the dealer and the quote you got,

The quote I am getting for an EX in Florida is $26174 +TTL, and dealers do not want to go any lower

My email is ylee@tqs.com

Thanks
  • Options
    mikeschmikesch Member Posts: 5
    We called with another offer that we had gotten thru the internet. We asked if they could beat it. when we talked we said it needed to be in the low 27's out the door. He made the price 27000 out the door by dropping the price to 26543
    mud guards 199, pin strip, 99, prcess fee 159. for a total of 27000
  • Options
    Out the door for 32000. Did that price include the TTL? thanks
  • Options
    bunker5

I'd appreciate if you can forward me the purchase details and dealer contact. My email is carskum@yahoo.com.

Best :)
  • Options
    playtrumpetplaytrumpet Member Posts: 2
    today i got a quote of $28,065, this is the out the door price, from brandon honda, for an EX. I want to buy a vehicle in teh next couple of days, but, I'm not sure if this is the BEST price. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Tampa, FL
  • Options
    mikesch: who did you deal with at the dealership and when did you finalize the purchase?

THeir internet manager won't come down on the price.....my email is carskum@yahoo.com if you's rather send the details to my email.

Thnx :surprise:
  • Options
    intradeintrade Member Posts: 11
    I am not sure if this dealer (autoway honda, in clearwater) will honor the price.

The internet sales guy offer me the following price

$27,499 o.t.d. and beat any other dealer by $200, before the end of July.

So I guess if you can wait the end of august the dealer might want to bargain again.

The only reason I did not take it is because of the distance.

Now the same dealer is sending the next quote

Selling Price: $26,290.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,663.79
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $250.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Documentation Fee: + $599.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $28,812.24
  • Options
    mvspeed2007mvspeed2007 Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations engel.

In my case, I was looking for EX. The best price in San Diego is $25995 from Mission Valley Honda, then I got Santa Ana quote for $25500. Mission Valley match the deal immediately. I got my EX with protection package at $27775 OTD at Mission Valley Honda.

Poway Honda quote me 26446, they don't want match even the Mission Valley's first quote. Maybe I deal with a wrong salesperson.
  • Options
    gmaygmay Member Posts: 5
    Hi, could you tell me what invoice was for teh EX-L Odyseey you purchuased for 26,600 including destination. The best I have seen is $650 under invoice. THANK YOU
  • Options
    dlh25dlh25 Member Posts: 5
    Mikesch,

Please send the dealer / salesman info for the Ody you purchased to dlhaggard@charter.net

Thanks!
  • Options
    bunker5,

Please send the dealer / salesman info for the Ody you purchased to dlhaggard@charter.net

Thanks!
  • Options
    tiger275tiger275 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry this took so long to post but I figure "better late then never" This site certainly helped me, so maybe my post could help another.

I compared prices across about 15 dealers in south central KY (Lexington, Richmond, Somerset, etc) and eastern TN (Knoxville, Chattanooga, etc). Ultimately, I ended up purchasing from West Side Honda in Knoxville. Not only did they have the best price, but their service was great as well. Internet Sales Manager was easy to deal with and very straight forward.

Here is the deal I got. On June 30

34100.50 - Vehicle(incl 595 dest charge)
    1310.00 - Honda Care(6yr 120,000miles, $0 deductible)
    299.00 - Tire & Wheel Protection(5yr)
    399.50 - Doc prep(T&L)
    2417.94 - Tax
    5.50 - TN fee for some BS like battery or tire
    ---------
    38532.44 - OTD

(incl protection package, cargo tray, wheel locks, mud flaps, pin stripe)

Good luck,
    Ed
  • Options
    cowdesignercowdesigner Member Posts: 6
    Anybody in So Cal area have any good deals recently for EX-L with RES and NAV? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    minivanseeker7minivanseeker7 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Mav8, Can you please email me the name of the sales person at AutoSport, I want to buy a EX and it looks like they have it in stock. My email address is raosu2@yahoo.com. Thanks!
  • Options
    ncbuyer1ncbuyer1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in NC and all of the quotes from the online Web sites seem to be directed to one dealer -- Crown Honda of Southpoint (in Durham, NC). We are looking to buy a EX-L with RES and NAV and the quote from this dealer is:
    32,302 as their internet deal -- this does not incluide $399 processing fee, tax, or tags.
    Seems like lots of folks getting quotes below invoice ($31,592).
    We are willing to travel for a deal.....
  • Options
    brad30brad30 Member Posts: 5
    I have seen some around the ATL that are lower than invoice. Some make it back up with a processing fee that is higher than competitors. But what you are seeing in NC is pretty close to ATL.
  • Options
    vkuttyvkutty Member Posts: 25
    I am new to this site and I don’t know the same message is here? I am looking to buy 07 EX-L, so that anyone can help me to get best price.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    amounteeamountee Member Posts: 11
    Best price I got was at Grand Blanc was 31842 out the door (6% tax, $180 doc fee, $23 title) Is this a good deal or should i hold out for something better? Anybody have experience with dealers in Detroit or Saginaw? Ann Arbor & Lansing nearby too. Thanks.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    ODY-LX MSRP $26,240 In Boston MA, you do the math ...
    Lease 3 yrs + buy out at end of lease 14,950.00
    2,500 down
    148/month for 36 months
    12K mi per yr.

If you add them up $22,778 is wicked cheaper than the MSRP $26,240

Boch Honda is running this special on paper 2 silver color available. Go to its website click "promotion" to view the paper ad.
  • Options
    truthseekrtruthseekr Member Posts: 5
    OK everyone,
    I read back a few pages, and I have a few questions for the seasoned negotiators.
    1. If it was true that there was a dealer incentive of $1701, how much of that would the dealer give up?
    2. Is there a possibility that the dealer would give up some or all of the 'holdback'?
    3. How do you start the negotiations with the dealers when you know the invoice price, and already have some good figures?
    4. I have an offer of this:
    28100 invoice (actually is less than all other dealers invoice of 28686)
    400 processing
    Is there a better offer in NC within 250 miles of Greensboro NC?
    I'm looking to buy this weekend, so could use more of this amazing insight!
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    1. My guess (and it is nothing more than that) is that if the quoted incentive is true it is an average based on sales volume and/or geographic location. Inasmuch as these vehicles have been selling for less than invoice many places, dealers are giving up some of this and/or holdback (your #2).

2. See #1.

3. There are reams of threads here on this topic but if you've got a good number, just see who, if anybody, will beat it.

4. You can find this out on your own by seeking email quotes. It shouldn't take many to find out your local market.
  • Options
    nil22nil22 Member Posts: 20
    For these occasions, where an EX-L was purchased for $26500+fees+taxes, I have talked to the Internet Sales Manager of the dealers(Indiana/Missouri). They either told me that such a sale did not occur at all or there was a trade in or some sort of last minute Honda sales quote fulfillment award. Moreover, they are not able to offer me the same deal.

Anyway, at least that tells me either there is that $1701 incentive or they are able to make money on $26500, perhaps with doc fees. So, I made up my mind to wait for that $26500 ish deal for an 07, whenever it may be September thru December. If I can't get it that sweet enough, I will go for an 08.
  • Options
    Here is my opinion for whatever it is worth(may not be much).

(1) There may be some truth to it though almost all dealers' quotes and responses that I got seem to strongly refute it, so it's a myth at this point. Or as the other poster said, could be dependent on some sort of condition, volume, quota, location etc

(2) Holdback yes, incentive maybe, yet again they say what incentive -:)

(3) My experience is, getting an Internet quote is nice and improved the process a bit. But I agree with a previous poster that it is only a way to lure you to the dealer. It only saves you to drive around from dealer to dealer. I felt that they don't actually believe that you really are a buyer, especially if the dealer is not from local area. I am willing to travel for a deal but dealers don't think so. Actually, one dealer sent me an e-mail pointing out to some market research study saying that most people get Internet quotes, use that quote to negotiate but eventually buy locally. So, I felt that non-local dealers are not taking some potential buyers seriously. I'd guess that most dealers prefer you to come down and haggle/negotiate there on their turf rather than negotiate over e-mail.

(4) Best I found is in Greensboro Crown, $28000 + 400 doc. If you are willing to go Northern VA, you can do few hundred better.

See my previous post of waiting this out. If you end up buying this weekend, let me know how it goes.
  • Options
    vkuttyvkutty Member Posts: 25
    Hi Mav8,
    Can you please email me the name of the sales person at AutoSport, I want to buy a EXL. My email address is markosege@hotmail.com.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ncbuyer1ncbuyer1 Member Posts: 2
    I can't find where Edmunds explains whether the TMV price is OTD, or if it excludes or includes taxes, title, tags. They've got a detailed description which omits any mention of taxes. I'm having major difficulty getting close to the prices people seem to be discussing here, so I'm thinking of hammering my salesman with the TMV value-- but I know the first thing he's going to say is that it excludes TTT.

Does anybody know? Also, does anybody have a link?
  • Options
    I've emailed all the south Florida dealers. The quotes I've received so far hover around 28200 before TTL. I haven't counter offered yet.

I mentioned the 27000 deals to some dealers and they told me they couldn't do it. One said there is no incentive at all. But another mentioned that there is $750 incentive.

One suggestion I read on line is to request quotes at the end of Month or even better at the end of a quarter. If you can afford to wait, you may give it a try. The labor day long weekend is coming up soon. I hope the dealers will offer some incentives. I saw from this Forum some people got good deals around last Independent day.

But I am ready to buy if the price is close to 27000...
  • Options
    odysseyfan1odysseyfan1 Member Posts: 33
    See my posts 15207, 15217.

I am in RTP,NC and bought EXL from auto park honda. This is after lots of emails exchanged with internet guys (with auto park, burlington, sanford, leith capital blvd), auto park guy was not helping in the beginning. I was set to buy from burlington honda for 27300+TTL (3% tax, 300~400 doc fee , and registration), but after talking to auto park honda (on phone, and quoting him price from burlington), he agreed to sell me EXL for 28500 OTD. This was in Late May, so not sure what's you are going to get now.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I have a question and I hope it doesnt sound too stupid. Lets say I purchase today and then in two weeks there is an incentive offered. Is there a time-frame window in which I can get a "price adjustment" or is it a done deal? A lot of people are seeming to imply that there will be some offers around Labor Day but dont know if I can wait that long to purchase.
  • Options
    dino18dino18 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the Los Angeles, CA area and got several quotes for a EX-L model. I just want to compare my pricing with everyone. the best i got is $27300 (include dest.) + TTL.
    is that good?... i have till september to return my current lease... just want to see what will be a good time to buy.

thanks
  • Options
    Of necessity, TMV does not (indeed cannot) include title, tax, doc fees, or anything else that might vary by location.

"Hammering" a dealer with TMV may or (more likely) may not have any affect as the figure is, I believe, an average which may have little correlation with local market conditions.
  • Options
    No, it's a done deal when you sign. Really, all one can do is make the best call at the time and not worry about it.
  • Options
    You'll not likely do much better than $27,300. As you can see from recent posts, there are some folks here that would like to find such a deal.
  • Options
    My experience has been quite to the contrary with out of town dealers (ranging from 50 to 300 miles from home) who were VERY happy to have my business. Now, admittedly, the several purchases I've so made were of relatively low volume vehicles and involved smaller stores.

My impression was that they felt they had gotten a "bonus" sale in having a buyer come from out of their area.
  • Options
    Hi Dino18,

$27300 is much better than what I got so far.

How did you get dealers to offer this price? Did you give them your asking price?

Thanks
  • Options
    vchourasvchouras Member Posts: 10
    I got mine (EX-L w NAV/DVD) in August 5th from Diamond Valley Honda, Hemet CA. The OTD was 33,265 with Wheel lock, Cargo tray, splash guard and all season floor mat. I paid 140 extra for all season mat.
    Sales person was Andrew Buam.
  • Options
    I think this is a good deal just want to double check with everyone else here

Internet Sales- Yvonne
    Tamaroff Honda (Southfield, MI)

Selling Price is $26,753.00
    doc fee of $180.00
    tax of $1,615.98
    title and plate $23.00
    Out the door $28,571.98

Should I go for it??
  • Options
    I just got an email from a dealer in TN about a new cash incentive that was announced today. The cash incentive cannot be combined with the special APR. I don't know the exact amount of the incentive, or whether or not it's a regional or national deal.

The new quote (EX-L: $27,800) was ~$1000 better than their previous offer, and $500 better than any other dealers that have quoted me in TN and surrounding states (AL, KY, GA). Unfortuanately, the quote is still not as good as mentioned by others on this forum.
  • Options
    playtrumpetplaytrumpet Member Posts: 2
    Brandon Honda in Tampa, FL, I feel I could have done better, but, I paid:

$25,696 vehicle price
    $1628 tax
    $699 Dealer charges
    $28035 out the door. NOBODY should pay a penny more than this. If you paid less, I'd like to know how.

I took advantage of the 2.99% 36 month finance. This was the best part of the deal.
  • Options
    :surprise: One of the best prices I have see thus far. Go for it.
  • Options
    aiwerksaiwerks Member Posts: 2
    I got a deal on an EX-L at the end of July at Borman Honda in Las Cruces, NM. They phone quoted me $5000 off MSRP which was $26690 + TTL. I had called 8 Honda dealers around the state for phone quotes and talked to the sales managers and this was the best deal by far. The 4 dealers I got ahold of afterwards and quoted the price to said they couldn't come close. When we went to go pick up our EX-L (it was a 3 hour drive away) the salesman said that they had someone fly in from Hawaii the previous day and buy an Odyssey at the price.

So, my price was $26690 plus TTL. That was 27,714.10 OTD. A fantastic deal, especially since we were only going to get an EX in the first place.
  • Options
    So, that 2.99% APR can not be used with this new cash incentive ? If so, that does not sound that hot but just a mathematical game. Because if one has 28K cash, he/she will get $2300 interest (assuming 5.25%) in a CD in three years. Instead, if one takes advantage of the 2.99% APR, he/she will pay $1300 interest on the same balance. So, the difference is $1000. Surprisingly, that's the new cash incentive amount -:)
  • Options
    Were you allowed to take advantage of the special financing 2.99% APR with this deal ?