Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jetzzsjetzzs Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2010
    Hi,
    I am thinking about buying a 2010 Odyssey EX-L (no options) to replace my 2007. Does anyone know what the going price is in the Omaha, NE area? Also are there any incentives other than those listed on Edmunds? Thanks for any info!
  • Options
    cheppicheppi Member Posts: 1
    Hello shrivish, The best quote I have received in chicago is 30700 for EXL with RES. If you would be so kind, can you send me info on whom you purchased from.
    thank you chepulis(at)excite.com
  • Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Hi hostile,

Can you expand on your comment "$32,078 on a 2010 EX-L w/ RES and NAV out the door price, but did not have the color I wanted. "?

Is "out the door" includes taxes or before taxes. If the taxes are included than this is one sweet price.

Thanks,
    pmpatel
  • Options
    nbk301nbk301 Member Posts: 9
    Just wondering did you take the $1500 cash incentive or special financing?
  • Options
    lcdc01lcdc01 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2010 EX-L in Silver Spring, MD for 28,500 plus tax and tags. In black. Very pleased w/Sport Honda.
  • Options
    scooter99scooter99 Member Posts: 1
    What is the name of the dealer? I live in Charlotte and want a hassle free experience.
  • Options
    odysseymom1odysseymom1 Member Posts: 1
    Is $38600 drive out price (including TTL) for 2010 Odyssey Touring model and 0% financing a good price in the Houston area?
  • Options
    hershmeisterhershmeister Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2010 Black Touring for $35,000 plus $400 "doc fee" plus all the various govt. taxes. Splash guards and pinstripes were included. Sorry I missed the Chicago post before I finalized the deal - might have saved another $400! Took the $1500 dealer cash.

Was going to write a check, but dealer was willing to offer the 35k deal only if I would apply for Honda financing (It seems they get a finders fee from Honda) So I have 3.99% financing for 60 months but will pay off ASAP.

good experience with Economy Honda and much gratitude to this board for the info - incredibly helpful. Its interesting to note that the Destination charge on the sticker says Destination and Handling. I wasn't born yesterday but wth all of the alleged price transparency on the internet, it seems like the car manufcturers and dealers are trying to place profit dollars into what would appear to be non-negotiable structures such as Destination, Doc Fee and other such pricing buckets. I mean seriously - I'm supposed to believe that it costs $780 to "Deliver" a car on a truck? Its a profit line - pure and simple - which is probably why they must say handling now....

Otherwise a pleasant buying experience with the expected upsell attempts for various things you don't need but often get sold on at close - Gap coverage, extended warranty, paint "sealant", etc etc. I didn't buy any of these products of course.

PS: Nashville Honda dealers are charging higher prices than dealers outside the city - seems demand for cars is up since the flood (why I was buying), and supply and demand result in higher prices. Economy Honda in Chattanooga offered the Touring at $1000 less than I could get in Nashville. For any Nashville folks, you can take the Groome airport shuttle to Chattanooga for $39 one way. I did this and had the Economy Honda folks pick me up and drive me to the dealership where I closed and drove back to Nashville. I'll spend $39 to save $1000 every day of the week!
  • Options
    iautoiauto Member Posts: 8
    What's the best deal that you have got for EX-L model (no RES, no NAV)?

So far the best quote I got was $28,495 + T&L.

Does anyone know when the 2011 model is going to arrive?
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Good price. We paid $28,510 + TTL 3-31-10 for EX-L.

If they have the color you want, might want to jump on it. Inventory choices will only get slimmer.

Have not heard a definite date for 2011 model.
  • Options
    bala78bala78 Member Posts: 7
    I got one for 27,343 + TTL in Boston during the sales event on 5/31. which part of the country do you live?
  • Options
    kufookufoo Member Posts: 4
    I have got a quote about 2010 Odyssey LX,
    The OTD + plate = 26510, I live in detroit.
    Could you tell me if the price is good or not?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Bay Area : EX-L (no RES/NAV)

$28,495 + TTL

Shall I wait for a better deal, since 2011 model is coming soon? Dont know exactly when...
  • Options
    hongdoubaohongdoubao Member Posts: 2
    Hi Rangersace,

I live in NJ and also look for an odyssey, my email address is babytanshopping@gmail.com and it would be greatly appreciated if you could forward me a copy of your excel file. Thanks!
  • Options
    28,495 is a good price - no doubt about that. On the question of whether or not to wait - it is a difficult call to make. If Honda is left with 2010 stock when 2011 comes out, it is likely that the price will go down by $1000 more. If they are sold out, you will be left with no option but to buy 2011 which may cost at least $4000 more. It also depends on how open you are to considering other brands.
  • Options
    oregoncustomeroregoncustomer Member Posts: 1
    I have received a quote for $33,974 with RES and NAV for the 2010 Odyssey EXL. I have seen others get quotes for $28,500 w/o RES and NAV. $5,000 difference for RES and NAV sounds too high.

What price should I be paying in Orgeon for the above model. Oregon does not have any sales tax.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    RES = $1500
    NAV = $2000
  • Options
    alepcalepc Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an LX in Florida for $25,820 OTD. Went through Zag, but you can also go through overstock.com, the cars section and it takes you to the same "drive your dream car" site. Got my best quotes there. My lowest OTD price was $25,252 from a dealer 50 miles away. Tried negotiating with closer dealers, who were all willing to work with me on the price. However by the time I started setting up appointments everyone was calling me back saying they no longer had the LX. Apparently a Disney company had just bought a couple the night before. Found one dealer who had one in a color I did not want and was given a price of $25,526 OTD, including some options (mudguards, door edge guards, bumper guards, trunk tray and pinstripe). Negotiated with the dealer who promised he could get one in the color I wanted (silver or dark grey - not too difficult I thought), placed a deposit and after days the dealer returned my deposit because he was unable to get one. In the end I spent a week trying to locate an LX and finally found one 150 miles away. The OTD price I paid included free delivery right to my door. I do not know if the prices are higher in Detroit but I do know Honda is phasing out the 2010 models and there aren't too many LX's left. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    odysfanodysfan Member Posts: 5
    hi Rangersace

Will highly appreciate if you could share the excel also with me. i am also shopping around and really appreciate your help. my email is nandinidadATyahoo.com

thanks
  • Options
    Thank you very much,
    Your reply helps me a lot.
  • Options
    alumiu90alumiu90 Member Posts: 7
    Have a price in the Southwest Michigan area - 90 miles from Chicago as follows:

2010 EXL-RES $30,517 before TTL. Adding 1 extra headset, all season floor mats and splash guards brings the final price to $30,861. This price includes the manufacturer to dealer incentative already applied plus I have been offered 3.49% for 60 months.

Is this a respectable price? The Chicago area dealers have not been willing to go below the above numbers.

Thanks
  • Options
    alumiu90alumiu90 Member Posts: 7
    Shrivish: Best quote I have gotten out of Chicago area on EXL-RES is $30,900. Can you also provide me with dealer info.

alumiu@yahoo.com
  • Options
    inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    I would like to say that people were saying the same stuff for Toyota - however the economy at the time forced them to sell the vans at 1000 $ above invoice. I am not experienced enough to say that is what will happen with the 2011 ody - but I have decided to wait for the 2011 model.
  • Options
    Currently we can buy $2500 below invoice. Even if we pay $1000 above invoice for 2011, the difference is $3500. Since the invoice price is likely to increase, my statement of having to pay $4000 is valid. In fact, I think it is optimistic. We may have to pay well over $4000 at least for first few months.
  • Options
    newstargazernewstargazer Member Posts: 6
    I had gotten a quote of ~$29,950 for an EX-L w/RES about a month back from the Honda dealer in Joliet that was matched by another dealer in Elmhurst. Let me know if you the contact info. I am not sure if the quote is still valid or not.
  • Options
    dfwhondadfwhonda Member Posts: 45
    I have seen a $1500 cash to dealer incentive on edmunds.com earlier today. Has that incentive increased?

Was offered $35,500 from a dealer here in DFW area for a 2010 EX-L Nav/RES due in part to dealer add ons (anti-theft wheels, splash guards, paint/leather protection, etc.). Seems to me that price should be much closer to (if not equal to) $33,000. I'm going to have to contact some other dealers in the area tomorrow to see if I can get a better deal.

If anyone has any experience with recent purchases of this model Odyssey in TX, please let me know.
  • Options
    odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    When people here say they have contacted dealers, does that mean they are not seeking online quotes from several dealers at once through overstock.com, edmunds, or something similar? I highly recommend that, but, also remember that those quotes are likely before all of the dealer's "rip off" add-ons, docs fees, etc.. Most importantly, you cannot really compare apples to apples to know which is the best deal unless you are demanding the out the door (OTD) price, meaning that is the amount you have to write the check for the leave with the car. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    I have not contacted several dealers at once using overstock or edmunds before. I generally just contact dealers through their websites.

Another dealer in DFW area quoted me $32,400 (+ TTL, etc.) for an EX-L w/RES and Navi on their lot, but then informed me that for just about any such optioned Odyssey, the dealer add about 7 add ons (splash guards, darker tinted windows, wheel locks, etc.) totaling close to $1700, so the price of the car before TTL is actually around $34,000.

Still, this dealer is about $1500 lower than the quote I received from another dealer for a similarly optioned vehicle last night in the showroom. I think I'm going to stick with internet and phone negotiating before heading to another showroom.
  • Options
    No. The incentive is still $1500 only but there are other hidden incentives like dealer holdback. The invoice price for EX-L is around 31K but many dealers all over the country are selling at 28.5. For EX-L with RES/NAV, good price would be 32,000 + TTL. I would avoid all dealer add-ons which are normally rip offs.
  • Options
    I'm not necessarily thrilled about the dealer add ons, and some can clearly be removed (splash guards, cargo tray, matching color molding on front doors, wheel locks), but what about window tint and protection package for interior, etc.? If they've already included them, I do not know if I can get the dealer to agree to receive nothing for them.

As an update, the first dealer I visited has now brought the price down to $33,250 + TTL, and has "thrown in for free" all dealer added options I've mentioned, including the 7 year 100k mile powertrain warranty (needed for the Odyssey if this forum is to be believed). This is much more competitive, but still slightly high in my opinion, especially since the dealer wants an extra $500 (so $33,750) to go find the actual color combination I want. Will have to see if we can live with the colors available or push harder for a lower price.
  • Options
    andagaandaga Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2010
    I was quoted this price in March and it still stands + TTL. What do people think? OTD will be 33,800 w/o extras.

But the '11 Ody is coming out and so far looks really fantastic! I worry though about buying the 1st new model because I got the 03 CRV and lots of little things went wrong with it + one big thing (the A/C). The dual screen DVD looks very appealing as well usb ports. :confuse:
  • Options
    If that was the price in March, it ought to be lower now if it did not include the $1500 that Honda is giving the dealers on Odysseys through June. Seems high to me, but I have not shopped for Nav and RES.
  • Options
    Maybe it was not high after all. Here is a link to where someone recently paid $35,000.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=0cd12bc5922de77806360c21ee10b3f0&- threadid=59031&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=9
  • Options
    newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    Hi,

I'm so sorry for not responding since I haven't been on in a really long time. They wanted $29,800 for the EX-L last year.

Again, I'm so sorry for not responding in a while. Did you get one?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok so just got off the phone with Jersey City Honda (Metro Honda). Curiously they have all the colors available but when pressed to provide the vin # the dealer hung up. I am beginning to seriously enjoy this game.
  • Options
    andagaandaga Member Posts: 23
    I love the new dvd player on the 2011 ody. is it possible to put one of these in the 2010?
  • Options
    microallhymicroallhy Member Posts: 15
    That's funny, I have similar experience with them when I was in the market a month ago. First email she send me with the quote which was kind of high compare to 5 other dealerships. Second email asking me to come in for an appointment to buy the car (WTF?). I email back to her and told her that her price is way too high. She then told me that they will beat anyone's price when can I come in for an appointment. I gave her the lowest quote I got from Garden State Honda, she said she will beat it but never gave me the actual number. Every email she send me at the end is asking me to come in for an appointment. She also told me that they have the vehicle I want in stock. I mentioned to her I checked the Honda website for inventory, it didn't show that they have the EXL with the color I want. I asked her to give me the vin#, I never hear back from her again. I think they have an internet department, who ever gets the customer to come in even by lying to them, gets a bonus. What a waste of time with them!
  • Options
    Judging purely by looking at the speaker setup (right next to the screen) and the width of the screen - I suspect that there might be some cutting involved. Also - if the quality of the screen is anything like Sienna - you will be much better off with ipads. Also - the wide screen would be so ridiculously expensive - about 3000 for the original honda screen. For that price - i would go with oled screen from Sony - pure bliss !
  • Options
    neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    Paid 17K even for new exl-Res with extras (lock nuts, mud flaps, cargo liner, mats, backup camera....traded 2006 ody 90k miles... Saw invoice and was 400 below. No one in dealership....then negotiated Hondas extended care separately 5/100000 zero deductible...they tried to sell me their policy....I said no...(fidelity)...I thought was pretty good deal...jax/fl
  • Options
    4odysseyex4odysseyex Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    I have been fishing for an EX for about 25500 including destination and doc, but no luck yet. Only quote I have that matches this price is from Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA, about 3 to 4 hours away, their Truecar.com price is 25102+399 Doc fee (25501 total). I confirmed this over the phone with them and that's when they disclosed the 399 doc fee. No local dealer (within 50 miles) is willing to match this deal, not even close. The lowest offer I have is from Burns Honda in Marlton, NJ, who quoted 26378. Does anyone know any dealers in Philadelphia/ Reading, PA area who can do better than this?
  • Options
    4odysseyex4odysseyex Member Posts: 8
    I am getting the same nonsense from Metro Honda Jersey City, NJ and also from Honda Universe (Lakewood, NJ). They do not have colours (as per their web inventory) but want me to come-in and select one.... I reminded them that their inventory shows only reds and whites, that's when she said I was right, but they will get one in very soon and that is why I should come-in. Why do they treat you like you were born yesterday.
  • Options
    familyguy123familyguy123 Member Posts: 4
    i m also shopping around for Odyssey ex. the lowest quote i can get is from a honda dealer in jersey city, nj. I told htem my friend got EX for 28,000 OTD. they didn't believe me. and the OTD price they gave me is close to 30,000.
  • Options
    So far the best quote I've got on 2010 Odyssey EX-L was $27,495 from on of the northern calif dealers. I'm contemplating whether to wait for the 2011 model to arrive to get more aggressive deals.

Do you guys know when the 2011 Odyssey will be at the dealerships?
  • Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    IT IS UGLY! UGLY! UGLY!

Folks better start buying remaining 2010 models or you will have to buy 2011models.
    My opinion is subjective.

http://automobiles.honda.com/2011-odyssey/?SP_RID=MjA0Mjk0NDIzNjcS1&SP_MID=30386- 48&PROGRAMID=RPODMY11&CAMPAIGNCODE=AT2496&OFFERCODE=AT2496&CELLCODE=OB&PID=A3090- 3314&FROM=EMAIL
  • Options
    nbk301nbk301 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2010
    Oh my. I have to agree, that is one ugly looking Japanese car. (My opinion Only)

I'm glad I got in on my sexy 2010 Ody!

Edit: The interior looks great. But the exterior :lemon:
  • Options
    I just got 2010 Odyssey EX for OTD $28000. I live in Detroit aera.
  • Options
    I would not go to their dealership without a quote in writing and most importantly a VIN #. Ask for those two and see how their tone changes.
  • Options
    wantahondawantahonda Member Posts: 1
    Which Nor Cal dealership? I'm also shopping for one but likely looking or EXL RES NAV to replace my 05. I've been told by Nor Cal dealerships that they're expecting 2011 Ody's to arrive late Sept or Oct.
  • Options
    mythreesons3mythreesons3 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered 36,125 plus 780 destination charge for a new Odyssey Touring in Queens NY, is that a fair price?
  • Options
    cilcia96cilcia96 Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a EXL-RES for $31,800 OTD over the weekend. Not many colors available in the area so ended up with our third choice. Two other dealers matched that OTD price but didn't have any colors we wanted or the value for our trade-in was too low. It was about a 2 week process of emailing 7 dealers and letting them fight it out for the best OTD quote. After that it become a little more time consuming to visit the dealers with the best quotes to get a trade-in value. The dealership also got us a 3.2% rate for 72 months as well. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the price of the car and what we got on the trade-in.

We also looked at the EX-RES and the lowest OTD quote we got was $28,600.