Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Hi mboja,

You actually did better than me buying from same dealer (Brilliance Honda) with same model (EXL with NAV & RES). Ofcourse, I purchased it with $1250 rebate and perhaps you must have done it with $1500 rebates. You should get rebate and holdback as they may not list it in your detailed bill. Here is my breakdown...

MSRP: $37,915.00
    Base Internet Sale Price:$31,445.00
    + Destination Charge: $710.00
    Internet Sale Price: $32,155.00
    + Whl lock, cargo tray, mud guards: $299.00
    + Fog Lights: $419.00
    + Documentation Fee: $150.00
    + Electronic Filing Fee: $25.00
    + Registration & Plates: $194.00 (New Plates)
    + Extended Warranty: $900.00 (7 yr/75000 miles 0 deductible with Continues coverage warrenty)
    + Maint. Pkg (12 oil change, 6 tire rotations, etc): $279.00
    + Non Honda Remote Starter: $350

When I contacted the Internet sales manager about understanding if $1250 were factored in since I did my own financing. He explained to me in following ways as the rebate amount wasn't listed in my detailed bill.

The dealer do not list the rebate price (explicit) on your bill as following occured..

invoice was 34405
    minus Internet Sale Price:$31,445.00
    = $2960 // Discount so far.
    minus $710 destination
    = $2250
    - $1250 Dealer Cash rebate
    $1000 //<==== THIS IS YOUR TOTAL DISCOUNT as the dealer get reimbursed for rebate but was applied for consumer. I was also told that if I had finance through Honda with their special rates, my base price would have been $1250 higher.

Of course none of this matters as long as you feel you received a good deal. My neighbor purchased same vehicle last year (2009 model) when Honda had $3000+ rebate and he got his odyssey exl with navi and res for 30K out the door in DuPage county.

Hope I helped clarify what the fuss is about rebate.
  • Options
    e800e800 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2010 Odyssey EX in Northern NJ for

$36300 including destination charge
    + $249 doc fee + $320 DMV + tax

Is it a good price?
  • Options
    microallhymicroallhy Member Posts: 15
    Going to close a deal this afternoon in nnj. EXL/RES black pearl

Base 30100.00 (incl dest)
    Sales tax is 2107.00
    7.50 tire tax
    199.00 Doc Fee
    384.00 NJ dmv charges
    OTD 32797.50

Plus they will give me a free I-pad (it's worth about $499) if I close the deal today. Somehow I feel this is too good to be ture but I have nothing to lose since I am going that direction anyway for dinner anyway.
  • Options
    rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    That's a great deal go get it! As you know I paid $30,600 w/dest and $33438 OTD in N NJ. I know incentive is $250 better now but still a better then add the iPad, wow!

Just picked up the plates yesterday and DMV receipt showed $384 for title and 4yr reg.

I'm jelous!
  • Options
    billikidsbillikids Member Posts: 10
    We bought the weathertech all weather mats and really like them. Plus for us they have a grey that matches the interior much better than the Honda mats. We didn't do the cargo mat. They definitely weren't that cheap, but looked a little more robust than the honda mats too. Anyway, I'm very happy with them and would recommend.
  • Options
    billikidsbillikids Member Posts: 10
    You'll get the rebate from the dealer. If you have an out the door price, that would include the rebate. If you are comparing quotes, however, make sure that both dealers either include or don't include the rebate. I had some that sent me quotes without and some with.
  • Options
    hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    I assume this is a Touring model? (you said "EX")

if its EX, then no, you got completely screwed
  • Options
    erunnionerunnion Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to go the same dealership tommorrow night Friday for either the EX-L or EX. What was your impression of the dealership?
  • Options
    e800e800 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I put the wrong number, the car price is $26300

2010 Odyssey EX in Northern NJ for

$26300 including destination charge
    + $249 doc fee + $320 DMV + tax
  • Options
    nbk301nbk301 Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone else find it really wierd for a dealer to offer both the special HONDA financing AND the $1500 cash incentive? All dealers state that this is an either/or thing, but one dealer supposedly states that they offer both...is this even allowed? Seems sketchy hmm
  • Options
    jc12171jc12171 Member Posts: 13
    ...really liked the cherry exterior and ivory interior color combination. In fact that is the main reason we opt for Odyssey EX instead of the new Seina LE.

But here is my story: Sunday, after test drove a EX at a local (western MA) Honda dealer, we asked for Cherry+Iovry color combo and, after negotiation for 1 hr, agreed on price ($26,7000+TTC). At the time, they told us they've found a van with the right color and will be delivered next day, so we paid $2000 deposit use credit card and expect to finalized the deal on Tuesday. Then on Tue, was told they couldn't find the original van but they located another van and will arrange it delivered Thursday. Now, they told me the color combination does not exist...it was discontinued due to the Ivory is too easiy to get dirty. I have to order it and wait 6-7 weeks to get the Cherry+Iovry combination. Of course at this point, I'm a bit pissed off, I don't believe what he is saying. ..I just saw, on the web, another local Honda dealer seems have the right color combination in both EX and EXLwERS model. I'm pretty angry, I want just cancel the order and go buy a Seina LE instead. :mad:

Any thoughts guys? Any suggestions??
  • Options
    I finally p/u my Honda Odyssey EXL/RES Crystal black pearl last night. This was the price we agree on before the appointment:

Base 30,100.00 (incl dest)
    Sales tax is 2107.00
    7.50 tire tax
    199.00 Doc Fee
    384.00 NJ dmv charges
    OTD 32797.50

Free I-Pad (worth $499 plus tax)

We have disagreement on the doc fee, the manager told me they always charge $299 for doc fee. Therefore, I have to paid $100 extra on this deal. I am extremely moody, since I am 8 months pregnant. I walked out immediately, the sale person chased after me in the lot. I walked really fast didn't look back. I was so pissed off, I didn't want to buy any car at this point. I open my car door, the sales person was almost in tears, begging me to come back. I feel really bad for him, he was an older men. I went back in and told him that your manager better not play anymore games, this will be the last time I am coming back. This is the modified version of our deal last night.

Base 30,000.00 (incl dest)
    Sales tax is 2100.00
    7.50 tire tax
    299.00 Doc Fee
    384.00 NJ dmv charges
    OTD 32790.50
    Free I-Pad (worth $499 plus tax)

I arrived the dealership around 4:30pm, we finished paper work around 6pm. They asked me to pay in full, and p/u the car later. NO WAY, I put down deposit of 790.50 on my credit card. The remaining balance will be on a cashier check which I showed them with their name on it when I first walked in the door. It was a bit strange that the sales person asked me if I need the special financing from Honda for 1.9% APR 24-36 months or 2.9%APR. I thought I am not qualify for the special financing because of the price I got. He said you still can get it if you want. I don't know if he made a mistake, we didnt' need it anyway. I made the sales person wrote free I-Pad with purchased on the sales order.

I came back to the dealership around 8:30pm, after dinner. At the end, I asked the sales person "did you forget something?". He said the manager told him the office with all the I-Pad inside was lock by mistake, I have to come back tomorrow. "Fine, unlock the door and OPEN THE DOOR". He said the person who has the key and combo is gone for the day, and they cannot reached him. "You got to be kidding, I am not leaving here without I-Pad TODAY. The sales person had to drive to their other dealership to get one. We left there around 10:15pm with I-Pad and new car. By that time, I am pretty famous in that dealership. I don't care, it's my money, a deal is a deal. I am not asking for something they didn't promise me. Over all the experience was OK, I was not too stress out. I send approximately 25 emails on 5/24/2010, close the deal last night. I truly used the Hogan method (end of the month, no phone), the only phone call I made was to make an appointment to close the deal.

Special thanks to hogan773 and rangersace. I don't think I can get this kind of deal without reading this forums.
  • Options
    ccdeviccdevi Member Posts: 5
    microallhy, can you give the name of the dealership? thats a great deal you made. Best I have been able to get so far is $32,700 for EX-L with RES and NAVI and of course no IPAD (I told the guy by email I was willing to pay $32k, when I spoke to him he said so at $32 we'd have a deal, I said I just want to come in and sit in the car, next day I spoke to him and now he said $32,700 was the best that he could do, so infuriating).
  • Options
    It was Garden State Honda on rt 3 West in Clifton. Good luck!
  • Options
    jwpt03jwpt03 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted and offered a demo with 3400 miles on it used by the dealership owner and were asking $28,526.00 for it plus taxes, titles, fees etc. Should I jump on it? Pls help. Thanks!
  • Options
    joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    Hey!! Great Choice! LOL.
    I just picked up the EXL in that exact color combo and I love it. Great contrast between the car and the rims, and the interior looks SO much better with the Ivory than that cheap looking grey.
    I almost canceled the deal though. DEaler told me he can get that color, then told me he might have to order it. Complete [non-permissible content removed]. I found one in a matter of minutes and secured the pricing over the phone. Called the original dealer and told him to cancel the order, and refund the deposit. THEN within a few days my car magically appeared. It was amazing. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    :shades:

Congratulations! I've spoken with other dealers...EX is in short for the Cherry+Ivory combo. but they do have it for EXL. I was offered EXL for $29,600+doc+TTC, will need to make a decision btw this and a Sienna LE (Red Pearl+Bisque) in next 2 days.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    That is a good price if you like the color for an EX-L with RES. We paid $28510 for an EX-L 3-31-10, and that was a good price at the time.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Cheap looking grey, huh? To me the grey looks so much better than the Ivory, which reminds me of baby poo. It is good we have choices, we can have grey, or olive, and you can have baby poo, er, Ivory. :P Whatever. Enjoy.
  • Options
    baruchadbaruchad Member Posts: 6
    I offered my guy at Paragon Honda (NYC) for EX of 26500 and he countered with 26988 as his 'best price'. I'm looking to go to PS Honda or Hillside Honda with a figure of 26600 - and see what they say. Hope to use that with my guy and get him to match that price - thoughts? I'll also ask for him to throw in the floor mats.
    Anyone know if the 1500 incentive will be offered in June?
    I may have to 'wait out' these dealers.
  • Options
    inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    were you able to get the 1.9 % interest rate?
  • Options
    are the incentives available with the special financing?
  • Options
    jwpt03jwpt03 Member Posts: 3
    we actually got financing thru my Credit Union at 3.0%. anyway, I already made the deposit and will pick up the car soon. The van is in excellent condition.
  • Options
    davidachoidavidachoi Member Posts: 1
    I spent nearly the past week researching and negotiating the purchase of my black 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L no RES/Nav. I used Edmunds dealer pricing and bought for $14 the Consumer Reports lowest price service. I was able to get the Consumer Reports' lowest price from two dealers. The first dealer that offered me the bottom price (including destination, dealer incentive, and dealer holdback) of $28,873 was Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. That was a no hassle deal with Vu. But he didn't have black, he had silver. I then tried Metro Honda in Montclair. After some negotiating, Shiraz at Metro Honda offered me the same deal on three colors, mocha, slate green, and silver. Again, I'm looking for the black. I had Honda World of Downey promis to match the lowest price, but they never confirmed the price I wanted over the phone. They said to come in and they'd match it or beat it. I'm not much of a talker. I like taking care of business in the comfort of my home and not the comfort of their dealership cubicles. I got the same deal from Hardy Honda in Anaheim, and Goudy Honda in Alhambra. Diamond Honda in La Puente had Jerry Ng who would talk prices over the phone. They had the black in stock and after some negotiating, we got the price down to $29,145, plus tax. The price includes destination, the dealer incentive of $1500, and some of the dealer holdback. When I got to the dealership, there was no change in price and the car was washed and ready for me with only 4.7 miles on the odometer.
    They tried to sell me the Honda Care warranty 6 years/120k miles for $2300!!! No way!! I got too much info on this board and told him about Curry Honda. The finance guy would not match it and was annoyed with my refusal to negotiate. I walked out a $32,506.75 total bill with tax, license, fees, etc. I'm happy. I paid an extra $275 over the lowest price, but the silver color was available at several dealerships, and the black was more difficult to get, so I'm fine with it. I think I worked for my price by staying informed and reading this board. I wanted to contribute to the board that helped me get the price I wanted. Good luck to you all and may the force be with you.
  • Options
    staypuftstaypuft Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2010
    Just closed deal on an Ocean Mist Ody EX with Res for $27,090 + $250 doc + TTL. Dealer offered $25,430 on an EX, but we decided on a Res model. Best price from email quotes. The van just rolled off the carrier, with 3 miles and all the plastic in place. In all of our searches the EX models are basically gone in Ohio. Glad we jumped on the incentive.
  • Options
    jscreenjscreen Member Posts: 6
    Hi Rangersace,
    We're also looking in NNJ / NY area. Any possibility of getting that spreadsheet too for email addresses, etc.? It would be very helpful!

Also can anyone tell us if any difference for taxes etc. if lease in NY vs NJ (NY resident) or any other fees or things to watch out for?

Thanks!
  • Options
    bay4bay4 Member Posts: 3
    After emailing over 15 dealers and getting their quotes and then re-emailing them with the lowest quote etc., I cannot get them to budge below $32,400+TTL (this is with the $1500 rebate inculded in the price).

I still think it's a little high and am in no rush. Color choice/inventory seems plentiful. Should I wait another month or two and then do the hogan method again? All dealers told me that the 2011 would not be out until SEPT/OCT.

Has anybody done the Hogan's method, not been happy with the price and then re-tried a month or 2 later with success?

Do you think Honda wil come out with better financing or rebates to clear the 2010's as it gets closer to the 2011's coming out?

Any help would be appreciated. THNX!
  • Options
    Sure jscreen just give me your eemail address.

Regarding NY/NJ there will be no difference in tax as it based on the state the vehicle is registered in. However, NJ does not regulate what dealers can charge for doc fees and I saw it as high as $399. I paid $249 which is on the lower side I saw. Lowest was $199.

Other fees to watch out for is window etching which can be as high as $299. Just tell them you don't want it and some may say we do it to all cars when the come in, tell them to reduce the cost by that much. If not, walk. They will try to tell you it will save you on insurance but I called my company and they said the odyssey already qualified for the max discounts based on their safety features.

There will be a $7.50 tire fee in NJ which I think is mandatory and title/4 year reg in NJ is $384 (what the state charges)

So in NJ the summary of fees are:

Tire fee: $7.50
    Doc fee: $199 - $399
    NJ title/4 year reg: $384

The fees they are allowed to charge in NY should basically be the same but I know their doc fees are regulated at $75.

Good luck!
  • Options
    nbk301nbk301 Member Posts: 9
    I've been searching through the forums on this site of the Honda odyssey, and man were there alot of complaints for older models about transmission, brake, etc. Anyone know if these are all fixed in the 2010 model? I'm assuming there fixed because usually the problems are in the redesign and then the fixes are in the model year after, am I correct?
  • Options
    magilladkemagilladke Member Posts: 15
    We're looking at buying a vehicle in the next week. Any ideas what the June incentives will be? Last year they were 2500, but that does not mean this year will be as good.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Just closed the deal on EXL (cherry):

$29,200 with all weather mats, and TTL
    the final OTD price is $31,482.

BTW, I noticed all the dealers I visited all only have 5-6 Odysseys on the lot and color choice is limited. The sales told me Odyssey is kind of short in supply because of Honda cut back on production, but seems they will go up production given low inventory.
  • Options
    Thanks Rangersace - good info! Email is joeltcc@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Congrats. THat's what I got. EXL- Cheery, with the ivory leather. Great Color combo.
    That seems like the bottom line price out there. I paid $29k but no all weather mats. They're worth $160. I had to get the weathertech on my own.

Enjoy. I am. well.....my wife is.
  • Options
    For your sake, I hope that's true. For my sake......I HOPE IT"S NOT. Just got my ODY last week. I've read the board for a few weeks now and people are saying that there might be possibly an extra few hundred next month.
    Everyone I speak to says that Honda always does a GREAT job and depleting their inventory when a totally new model comes out. I had a hard time getting my color for example. Red, w/ ivory leather. So who knows......feel the dealers out.
  • Options
    petes999petes999 Member Posts: 5
    I would expect them to stay at 1,500 ... that's why I just bought an Ex-L Res for $30,600. Remember last year's 2,500 was after May's 2,500. If they do increase, it will only be by the $250 they did from April to May.
  • Options
    Sorry don't know why but email address didn't post well. Is there some way other than posting that you can communicate directly with another person on forum?
  • Options
    I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's input. We ended up pulling the trigger and getting an EX-L RES & NAV for 32,200. This board has been GREAT! We actually wanted the EXL RES, but nobody had the color. We went the next level up and got a great price. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Is it just the "at" symbol that's missing? I think I know what the email address is. I'll try to send it tonight.
  • Options
    Yes - thanks.
  • Options
    mk_danmk_dan Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Picked one up today for OTD price $29,900 at Raleigh, NC - includes everything 3% taxes, $74 tags and $398 dealer fees; best vehicle price I negotiated was $28,577 (which was lower than truecar $29124 in my zip code) which would leave me $29906 OTD but before I went to buy I challenged another nearby dealer who was willing to win my business by beating OTD price by just a few $ at last minute and throw-in splash guards, pin stripes, mats + free service (which they say is worth $500 - but I didn't check as they still got me the best price). Final paperwork showed $28445 has my honda's price which left dealer with a little bit more fees, they may have done this to better their books but I felt leaving really good as they made my day!
    I definitely recommed the dealership Crown Honda in Durham - closing was no-nonsense no surprise (only pleasant ones) no upselling unnecessary services! I was out in approx 1.5 hrs though most of waiting was just to get vehicle ready and filled up not at paperwork.
  • Options
    stlminivan10stlminivan10 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased 2010 Honda Odyseey Touring in the St. Louis area on May 29 2010 from Bommarito.

MSRP = $41,465
    Invoice = $37,800
    purchased = 35,688

The $35,688 included:
    Destination fees
    Mud flaps
    first 2 year no charge maintenance
    5 year paint and leather protection
    non Honda remote start to be added later = $400
    rear cargo tray = $100
  • Options
    ccdeviccdevi Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong, went to 2 dealers today who gave quotes of bw 32.9 and 33 over the phone, saying they would negotiate if i came in. I go in and one came down 100 and the other zero. Best price 32.9 including destination but not doc fee. I was shocked that on memorial day, the last day of the month, they just let me walk out. This is in the NYC area.
  • Options
    stlminivan10stlminivan10 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring in the St. Louis area on May 29 2010 from Bommarito.

MSRP = $41,465
    Invoice = $37,800
    purchased = 35,688

The $35,688 included:
    Destination fees
    Mud flaps
    first 2 year no charge maintenance
    5 year paint and leather protection
    non Honda remote start to be added later = $400
    rear cargo tray = $100
  • Options
    Just to clarify, my price did not include the doc fee, tags nor taxes. The doc fee was a little higher than I'd like $120, but everything else was standard price (6% taxes, etc).
    HTH
  • Options
    flashningflashning Member Posts: 3
    Purchased an Odyssey EX-L in Metro Atlanta Area, GA. for $30,000 drive out price on May 29.

The price includes :
    $27,799 with destination fee (the lowest quote I got from 12 dealers)
    $199 dealer intallation fee (back splash, securye etch, pinstripe, free tire rotation)
    doc fee $587
    title $21
    6% tax

And 2.5% APR with $0 down payment.
  • Options
    pj00pj00 Member Posts: 1
    Great Deal and Congratulations! Could you share the name of the dealer that you purchased from? Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi rangersace - I live in NJ and am in the market for purchasing the Odyssey - may I get the spreadsheet ? My email address is westcottbrian5225@gmail.com - thanks mate... :)
  • Options
    pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    Does anyone have any info on what Honda is offering for June?
  • Options
  • Options
    hitoravihitoravi Member Posts: 7
    I saw 7/6/10 expiry date for $1500 last week on edmunds. Is it something Honda extended? All honda dealers I talked to said that this deal will expire by 5/31.