Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    That's a good deal; I'm in Oakland; can you share with me the dealer name;

The 2011 does not seem that much better to me; and it sure as hell won't be nearly $6K off.
  • Options
    ricky_bobbyricky_bobby Member Posts: 4
    That's a killer deal! None of the dealers in Ohio were willing to go that low because we've got extremely low inventory on 2010's - several in Columbus don't have ANY Odyssey's in stock regardless of the model. The best I was able to get was $32,900 OTD from a dealer in Cleveland area. Base price was $30,538, which included destination, $250 doc fee, $33.50 title fee, 6.75% tax = $32,900 OTD.
  • Options
    twintouringtwintouring Member Posts: 6
    Bill Page Honda, it's in Northern Va., they had to bring the vehicle in from another dealership.
  • Options
    charncharn Member Posts: 17
    Did you purchase any extended warranty's? If so, which plan did you get and how much did you pay? Thanks.
  • Options
    ray_ohray_oh Member Posts: 3
    ricky_bobby, I am also looking for EXLRes and haven't contacted any of the Col dealers yet. Not sure how soon you want to buy, maybe we can try a "group buy"?:-)
  • Options
    twintouringtwintouring Member Posts: 6
    They tried to sell us interior/exterior warranty packages...we politely declined these. :) Day 3 of being a first time minivan guy...nobody has pulled up and started laughing, yet.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    With so many Odysseys on the road -- no one even notices yours. Enjoy all that room and good luck. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    hehe yeah we politely turned down the same offer. Thinking of buying the extended online. Enjoy your mini. Today is day 1 for me. Still trying to mentally accept the thought that I'm a minivan owner:) Very happy thus far.
  • Options
    shiboskishiboski Member Posts: 7
    I'm in Atlanta. Debating between getting an EXL w/ RES or an EXL and installing an aftermarket DVD. What do you all think of these prices?

EXL RES - $32,800 OTD
    EXL w/ aftermarket DVD installed - $31,906

At this point I'm leaning toward the aftermarket DVD to save the ~$1,000. Are these good prices? Should I seek a better deal on the aftermarket DVD model given the deal they're giving me on the EXL RES?

THANKS!
  • Options
    thomasshithomasshi Member Posts: 3
    I just got a quote on the phone: 25,000 + TTL on a 2010 Odyssey EX w/o extra package from a volumn Honda dealer.

Is this a good price?
  • Options
    bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2010
    Just got a quote for 2010 Odyssey EX-L w/ Nav & Res in central NJ for 31,545+ Doc, Dest, DMV, NJ 7% sales tax.

Has anyone done better? Should I pounce on it? looking to close on deal today.
  • Options
    hythonhython Member Posts: 5
    I was in the same boat but after talking to friends with minivans, none of them recommended to go aftermarket. Nav is a different story. RES is cleaner intregrated (can mute, stop, wireless headset and change movies) - yes, some aftermarket have some features. If $1000 is a deal breaker than go aftermarket but I wouldn't. Go talk to your friends. I'm sure they will say get RES.
  • Options
    pjt4pjt4 Member Posts: 7
    If you can get the vehicle for that price, its a VERY GOOD deal. But I think its a dealer false promise to get you to dealership.
    where are you located?
    I am in bay area and is looking for an EX. One dealer quoted me the same exact price last week. I went to dealership. Then the price changes to 27k + TTL.
    Thanks,Prince
  • Options
    thomasshithomasshi Member Posts: 3
    yes, I just got the price on the phone, and I worried it was just dealer's trick.

I am in Boston area. That Honda dealer is one of the largest in the country. Bad thing is that it is 1 hour away (I have a couple within 20 minutes)
  • Options
    ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Purchasing 2010 Touring for 36,315 OTD and trading in 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE with 35,500 miles. I paid 27,996 OTD for Sienna with JBL and roof, they are giving me 23,000 in trade which is 13,315 difference.

I say it is a no brainer but wife would like some other objective opinions. Sienna has about 500 in damage on a comp claim, but I have a 100 deductible.

What do you think?
  • Options
    Your pretty much getting the same deal I got yesterday. I paid 32,300 (including destination) for EX-L w/Nav&RES before taxes/tags and thought it was a great deal. Have a look at truecar.com and you'll get a feel for the type of deal your getting For my zip code (Northern VA), I smashed the Great Price category by $1100 so I'd say go for it. Cheapest I found in my area was for $700 less than what I paid but that dealership understandably ran out of Odyssey's fairly quickly. Enjoy!
  • Options
    desi_bandadesi_banda Member Posts: 3
    Thats a wonderful deal man... I bought exl res and nav in 32000+ standard fees... you are beating me by 500... great going.. I would suggest to finalize the deal .. beware of extra fees dealer tries to put on when you are at dealership.. good luck.. do post your experience
  • Options
    ssaravanssaravan Member Posts: 1
    Odyssey EX-L w/ RES for 32100 OTD - took financing from a credit union..
  • Options
    autobuy1autobuy1 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Boston area dealers are saying their net cost including destination on the EX-L is $28,372. For those who bought below that price, was it with or without a trade? Also, has anyone in the Boston area recently purchased an EX-L and if so, how much?
  • Options
    mama2girls2mama2girls2 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Atlanta... call around more for the best price and e-mail people... I've just started e-mailing and talking on the phone (haven't been into a dealer yet), but I've gotten as low as 28,840 on the EX-L and 30,186 with RES (plus 596 Doc and 21 tags/title and 7% tax...) I of course haven't done the deal yet, so I'll post after we finish... I've gotten a written quote of 29,140 for EX-L and 30,586 for the RES (plus 587 doc and 21 tags/ttl and 7% tax... Some dealers have more inventory than others, so that may be the difference in price...
  • Options
    shiboskishiboski Member Posts: 7
    Hey Mama...Isn't my deal better at $32,800 out the door? I actually just got an offer for $32,500 from another dealership too.
  • Options
    It looks like the EX-L would be 31,400 out the door with no trade. We're planning on trading our '04 odyssey with 60K miles for about 11K... so, that should lower it by about 700 on taxes, so around 30,700 out the door. But, we'll see!!! Haven't done the numbers on it with RES, but may be asking for your dealer for the RES:) Either way, these are great times to get an Odyssey!
  • Options
    Sorry ATL, just realized your original message was for with RES vs aftermarket...was thinking you were talking about EX-L no RES vs EX-L w/ RES... I think I can get w/ RES for 32K out the door, but that's with our trade... So, w/out a trade, the 32, 500 sounds great!!! Ours w/out the trade would be around 32, 700... Go for it! I'm thinking this weekend, or even next Sat the 31st will be the best times... Where abouts are you in ATL? I'm in Roswell...got my '04 at Honda Carland (Roswell), but they don't seem to have much inventory left...
  • Options
    kurtandhisdogkurtandhisdog Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all for the information here. Anyone purchased in the Portland, Oregon area (or Washington state) recently?
  • Options
    floridain33543floridain33543 Member Posts: 2
    I had a bad experience at Honda of Wesley Chapel.

I driven honda for the last 16 years (had used 91 civic, 94 Eg Si, 97 Civic HX, 06 CRV).

Went there to purchase 2010 Odyssey EXL. However, I have bad credit (around 620). They offer me a "deal" for full sticker 36xxx price. And they wanted me to put over 20K down in order to qualify since I was a bad risk.

Was mistreated by finance dept. Saleperson was fine and very professional. However the finance dept took many low blow at my "poor" credit. Dude raised his voice since I told him I was not paying full MSRP for any car. He made it sound like he was doing me a favor for letting me buy a car from him.

He even responded with saying, "we sold one earlier at full price" as he answer me rejecting his silly offer. I told him that I not that type of customer and I'm not paying 36K for an EXL. They were unwilling to work with me. Wasted 3 hours of my life to get insulted by an employee of Honda.

So I walked out and purchased a Toyota. I don't need to buy a Honda.
    As a current Honda owner, I was very upset at this situation. I even know one of their employees from a local soccer league.

If you have bad credit, beware of how you will be treated at Honda of Wesley Chapel.
  • Options
    nikunjnikunj Member Posts: 5
    which dealership did you get the quote? what's the OTD price for NJ?
  • Options
    ray_oh - I actually already made the purchase, although I'm still awaiting delivery since the color we wanted was not in stock (gray). If you're in Cbus area, good luck to you because as I said, many of the dealers don't have ANY Odyssey's in stock, regardless of the model. Seems like our area doesn't have the inventory of some of these other postings so don't expect to get quite as good a deal. I heard John Hinderer in Heath may be a good option from a couple friends of mine who wanted to stay local. I got mine from Rick Roush in Medina. Good luck!
  • Options
    nikunj,

Freehold Honda. The Odyssey was $31,545 before Doc ($780),Tax ($1,668), DMV fees ($91 transfer plates).

We had a 9k trade in also

If you need any more help just let me know.
  • Options
    odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    It seems like about $26,400 or so for an EX is not too hard to come by here in Alabama. I have been given that price by more than one dealer. But, watch out for dealer add-ons, fees, etc.
  • Options
    etownsearchetownsearch Member Posts: 3
    the best quote if seen is 27,961for EXL
  • Options
    odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    Only $1500 more for the EX-L over the EX? Yeah, I think that would be worth the money.
  • Options
    Are folks seeing discounts to move 2010 models to make way for 2011 Odysseys
  • Options
    Just purchased White Touring in Kansas City for 36,000 OTD. Watched vehicle being unloaded from factory. Received 2,000 over blue book for my trade even with 900 in damages. I did not take Honda financing but got 2.94% for 60 months through Chase.

The dealers are very low on EX-L but I found one for 32,121 but the dealer was not as aggressive on my trade. He said I could keep trade and sell it myself.

Out of 5 dealers in area, 2 were very aggressive and 3 were take it or leave it. Remember the trade was a major factor in the final price. (2008 Toyota Sienna XLE with 35,500 miles)
  • Options
    shamlishamli Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Got a quote - 33,500 OTD. Is it a good deal? Anybody got it for less than that?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Because of wide variations in sales tax rates and dealers fees, total OTD figures are essentially meaningless and virtually impossible to compare.

Those wanting to know how good a deal they got or are considering should list the vehicle price (including the destination charge) and any dealer fees to arrive at a total vehicle price for evaluation purposes.
  • Options
    hisholinesshisholiness Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Just bought an EX-l for 29,350 which includes destination but not tax and tags. Thanks for all those who posted. I've been reading this for 3 months and finally pulled the trigger on a deal too good pass up. Worked through Zag and Amex. Located outside of Philly
  • Options
    My 2010 Touring was purchased for 35801 + 199 doc fee = 36,000.In Missouri we have 30 days to pay our taxes at the license bureau. Before I get into the finance office I ask that the vehicle be reduced by the amount of the doc fee. This is a BS fee and if more people would walk out it would disappear.

It is printed on the sales contract so you think you have to pay it. I was a finance manager and know the sales person would kill me if I lost a deal in the finance office over a doc fee.
  • Options
    It's the same in Ohio - the doc fee is considered part of the price of the vehicle and is, accordingly, taxable.

I'm shopping for an EX or an EX-L and received an excellent number on the former today following an internet quote request - $25,750 plus $250 doc fee.
  • Options
    32,865 OTD all taxes and fees Inc in that price.
    In central NJ.
    Let me know if you need more info
  • Options
    shiberbershiberber Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I am also in central NJ but just put down deposit for a 2010-EX-L with just res and some upgrade (remote engine starter) for 33,100 OTD. Please let me know where you received such a great quote so I can try price match before I pay full on Monday. Thanks!
  • Options
    OTD was $34500
    Sorry
  • Options
    Just got a new 2010 EX-L today, using TrueCar.com here in the ATL area. Some dealers don't have much inventory, but some have a selection... Went to Hennessey Honda of Woodstock, but Curry Honda and Milton Martin Honda both were competitive.

$28,875 inc dest
    489 "dealer processing"
    title, tax, 7% Fulton County tax
    $945 for 7 yrs/75K miles (told him we don't use the miles)
    $250 roadside asst (wasn't going to pay it, but had a couple tows and a couple battery charges with our previous Honda, so thought it might be worth it:) Definitely negotiate the warranty! With the 8 yr, roadside, tire/wheel, etc., they started at over 4K!

Several dealers here were giving pretty good prices for the '10, but they gave us $600 under private party value on our '04 Ody trade (60K miles), so we were pretty happy. Got the color I want (slate green/olive leather) and love it!
  • Options
    kevinmasonkevinmason Member Posts: 1
    Wow. What dealer gave you that deal for an EXL?
  • Options
    OTD for 33,500 does not seem right. That price would assume the dealer is giving you all of his holdback + 300 more. Something is wrong with that price.
    There would be a net loss for the dealer. Odysseus are now starting to be in short supply all over the country. It makes no sense. Please make sure the dealer is telling you everything and get it in writing.
  • Options
    Not necessarily but this is precisely why OTD figures are so useless.

It could be a correct figure if, for example, no sales tax is being assessed due to trade-in credit. Just such a thing happened to me on an '05 Odyssey Touring where the OTD was about $34,500.
  • Options
    rajnyrajny Member Posts: 2
    which NJ dealer gave this price? thx
  • Options
    What's the differential that folks are seeing with pricing?

Or at what point would an aftermarket DVD make senes?
  • Options
    kotamrajukotamraju Member Posts: 5
    Hi Bigdozer, I am also in NJ area. Can you let me know which dealer gave you this price and salesman?

Thx.
  • Options
    ray_ohray_oh Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, do you mind sharing how much you ended up paying for it?
    A month or so ago I went to couple dealerships in Col and they don't even a van on their lots to show me:-(
  • Options
    Check out the details in post 25732