Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    Your trade at $16,000 is fair. I am assuming you have about 100,000 miles on it?
    You can do about $1,000 better on the EX-L base Odyssey though. I have gotten an offer for $30,225 for it.
    I did not shop for EX-L Res, but that should be only $800 more.
    Let me know how it goes. I am still going in on the 31st and try to get a deal right there and then.
  • Options
    ny_dealsny_deals Member Posts: 5
    10/16/2012 - NY Offer for EX-L with RES - $31,000 and EX-L is 30,000, they say they will do better rate if we walk into the dealership.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    1) No soliciting in our forums.. Those posts and the replies have been deleted...

2) No E-mail addresses in the forums.... those posts have been removed..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2012
    this any good? MF seems high..

EX-l Nav
    Price $33,466 money factor 0.320 residual $19,684 , month. payment $416 plus tax with $876.34 to start

I can get the touring for $80 more
  • Options
    ny_dealsny_deals Member Posts: 5
    Is it OTD - $33,466
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No thats the price they put down for the lease, as Tax is added on monthly.

The lowest I have been quoted for EX-L with Nav
    is

I can not seem to get a dealer to drop more then about 4 grand off MSRP
    and even less off a touring
  • Options
    golfersilgolfersil Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a new '12 EX-L for $30,888, MSRP $35,855. Also got All weather mats and mud guards thrown in for that price.

Was happy to still find a Smoky Topaz/Truffle Leather in stock, colors getting hard to find now.
    Also got Honda Care 8yr/120mi for $1600, wanted to pay $1300 since I have seen here for $1295 but Fin Mgr started at $2195 and was not going to discount. Finally he offered $1800 and I got him down to $1600. I am happy with that. Last ODY we had 2002 was fine until we hit 7yr/100Kmi, then needed some repairs so again I am happy with the 8/120.
  • Options
    sansan1sansan1 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone buying 2013 models? How much different folks are seeing between 2012 and 2013? I am seeing difference of ~2k when compared same trim. eg. 34k for 2013 and 32k for 2012 EXL-RES.
    Is 2k savings worth when you can get 1 year newer car? Will I get 32k price for 2013 in end of DEC?
    Any insights/opinions will be helpful...Thanks.
  • Options
    hangover_24hangover_24 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Guys, Please post the best prices paid so far for a 2012 EX-L/ Touring/ Touring Elite.
  • Options
    if you can not get 5k off walk..
    and make sure they don't tack on hundreds for mud flaps and wheel locks.
    they need you more then you need them.
  • Options
    hbcsc153hbcsc153 Member Posts: 27
    Hello!

Got a 2012 Touring for $35,772 (includes destination) in So. Cal (Miller Honda Van Nuys, CA) on the 24th of Sep. All the details were posted previously. Others may have done better.

Regards,

Emil
  • Options
    sandiegoodysandiegoody Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a 2012 Odyssey Touring in SoCal. Let me know if anyone is interested in a group buy.
  • Options
    not sure thats really going to help..
    5 grand is the avg..and refuse to pay for the mudflaps and wheel locks
  • Options
    Hi guys, I am in the bay area please let me know any good deals or rates for a 2012 0r 2013 EX-L with Nav/ Touring/Touring Elite., I amm also in for group buy..
  • Options
    2012 You can get 5 grand off.Walk if they won't,No shortage of them out there.
    Many dealers even have on the web site that discount.
  • Options
    5k off the MSRP ? How do I find the MSRP of EX-L ?
  • Options
    tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    its right around 35..
    i can not post links but poway honda shows discounts on web site for 2012
    and 2013 although they only have 1 2012 left.
    but even on 2013 they are taking 2k off.

and don't let the dealer charge extra for wheels locks and mud flaps
    at max they have $200 bucks in to that stuff and try to charge several hundred more.

if you email dealers that have what you want..tell them the ex-l Say you want it for 5k off msrp and no extra's
  • Options
    jhonnyelitejhonnyelite Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Hi,
    Do you mean 5k off between OTD price and MSRP ?

And also I am in Market for 2012 Odyssey Touring elite in Germantown, MD area. If anybody interested, we can negotiate in group?
  • Options
    oddy2012oddy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Hi I'm planning on buying it from Miller Honda, do you mind sending me the contact person you dealt with at Miller and can I use you as reference ?

thx
  • Options
    hbcsc153hbcsc153 Member Posts: 27
    Oddy2012,

I went through the Internet Department of Miller Honda Van Nuys. I am not allowed to list her name. Please take a look at my purchase details Details

You can print out my details, and take it in. I was already a customer in their Service Department, and even the Service Advisors were pushing her to give me a good deal. :-)

Regards,

Emil
  • Options
    oddy2012oddy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks hbcsc153, I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    aamirhaamirh Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

We got a 2012 Odyssey EX-L in Smoky Topaz with Truffle interior (Leather) on Oct 15, 2012.

We reside in Orange County, CA and had been shopping around for a month and had all the dealerships compete with the pricing - and sent each other the quotes to make sure we were comparing apples to apples. I had quotes from 10-12 different dealerships in Socal and Los Angeles.
    Quotes were from Freeway Honda Santa Ana, Long Beach Honda, Norms Reeves Cerritos, Norms Reeves Huntington Beach, DCH Gardena, Downtown LA, Hardin Honda, Honda World, West Covina, Rancho Santa Margarita....all of them started with the MSRP of 35,855 and then started giving me "internet pricing" of 33,171 ...some going down to 32,800.

When I showed them interest (via phone call/emails) - they started coming down...and I had quotes from Huntington Beach, Freeway Honda, Norms Reeves Cerritos, DCH Gardena and Downtown LA.

The final 2 winners of the quotes were DCH Gardena $32,200 and Downtown LA $30,000 (including destination charges) (I know that was 35 miles away from home) but he was giving the BEST PRICE of $30,000 + tax and fees....sooo OTD our new minivan was $32,989 and we got it on a 0.9% finance...paying ONLY $585 interest in 5 years :D

That was not a bad price at all in my opinion as they are trying to get rid of all 2012's since 2013 is all in.

Thanks,
    Aamir
  • Options
    jhonnyelitejhonnyelite Member Posts: 2
    HI ,
    I am getting offer for 2012 Touring Elite for $ 41,000 OTD price in Maryland. Is that best price ?
    Can anybody suggest if they got better than this price
  • Options
    riceronyricerony Member Posts: 5
    anyone get a good deal on a 13 EX in austin, tx or surrounding areas? Best i'm getting is 33.3 OTD. is this good?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    akrca4akrca4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Aamir:

That seems to be a very good deal, I am also looking to buy a EX-L w/ Nav in SoCal, do you know if they have any 2012's left? Anyone interested in group buy? Thanks.

Andy
  • Options
    Thanks Aamir for your detailed reply. I got an offer for 35K OTD for a '12 EX-L with NAV here in the bay area, what do you think ?

Thanks
  • Options
    jmpjainjmpjain Member Posts: 2
    just got one today. total OTD price at 39100. Got the Touring with dealer options (pen stripe, mats, tint etc). Not sure if it was good deal or not. 2013 was being priced about $3500 higher so I thought might as well get the 2012 one.
  • Options
    gtribegtribe Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Been looking at purchasing the EX model. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I got a quote for the EX model for 27,416. The OTD price would be 30,120. Anyone know if that is a good price?
  • Options
    cavacarcavacar Member Posts: 3
    Received a couple of quotes for $33,000 out the door (including all VA taxes & fees, etc) for a 2012 EX-L with NAV earlier this month from local dealers. Purchased for $33,600 out the door for same model with back up sensors installed at Fairfax Honda, Virginia. Dealers had only a few left with limited colors, but there were lots of EX-L with RES left earlier this month & dealer was sending emails out for < $32,500 out the door for those. Briefly looked at touring model, but supply seemed limited and didn't follow up on any price requests. Received few initial quotes for $38,000 out the door for those. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    kaylee5kaylee5 Member Posts: 1
    $30,120 OTD is a good price. Can you please let me know your dealership name, city. I also live in the Bay Area and want to get one in White color.

Thanks.
  • Options
    djm123djm123 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am getting a price of $34,900 (before taxes and fees) for a 2013 EX-L with Navi. Is that a good price?
  • Options
    tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    figure 2500 off msrp is good for 2013..

look for a 2012 you can get 5 grand off
  • Options
    djm123djm123 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    All the 2012's in the color I want have been sold here in the bay area unfortunately. I was looking initially at 2012 but now forced to go for the 2013. If I wait a few more months like March or so would I get a better deal?
  • Options
    me too in the same boat, did not find the colors i was looking for in 2012, i too will wait another few months for a better deal.
  • Options
    i think it can go down another $500
  • Options
    imtiazalimimtiazalim Member Posts: 2
    I was looking for some good deals to purchase a 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L (without navigation)... I was getting internet quotes for around 30,500+ from around the dealers in Orange County area...Finally I decided to expand my search into Riverside and LA counties.

I got an online offer for $29,715...I negotiated for 0% APR (religious reasons) and got mud guards,wheel locks+trunk accessory included in the price for $30,358. I purchased warranty for $1,400 (8 years, 100K miles, $0 deductible)...The OTD price with all these came to $34,533...I did not get any oil change deal in the process.

Do you think this was a good deal ?
  • Options
    dansue1dansue1 Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking for deals for 2012 models and got $33,500 OTD on 2012 EX-L with RES. I'm tagging it in MD. splash guard and wheel locks are included and 2 year or 8 oil changes. Is this deal good to go?
  • Options
    lz2012lz2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I first checked Costco auto program and thought that they had great discount for the 2012 Odyssey ($1250 off invoice), until I visited this site. I posted an inquiry for EX-L and got quite some replies from dealers within 1-2 hours. I lived in San Diego, but decided to go with the LA dealer (Honda of Corona). The offer is $29,715 including destination charge. I also purchased the protection package for $486 and KARR system (to make wife happy) for $795. The OTD price is $33819.

This may not be the best offer I can bargain to, but I am happy with it. I just don't enjoy the price bargaining that much so I am pretty happy with the experience and outcome.
  • Options
    kraza001kraza001 Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking to buy Honda Odyssey EX-L on 0% APR and am very much interested in the deal you have got and i live in So Cal, I was wondering if you can share the Details for the dealership with us.
  • Options
    imtiazalimimtiazalim Member Posts: 2
    Honda Cars of Corona....Ask for Internet Quotes from KBB and Honda website
  • Options
    twinsabtwinsab Member Posts: 1
    Hi John,
    Can you please tell me which NJ dealership you bought your car from? I am also in the market for a 2012 ex-l with or without RES. I went to a dealer today and surprisingly they were giving me ridiculously high prices.

Thanks!
  • Options
    email and offer 4 grand off msrp..should be very easy for them to take that.
    touring 5k
  • Options
    sachmogoatsachmogoat Member Posts: 1
    2012 EX-L NAV Smokey Topaz
    $32476 + Tax out the door in NJ.

Couldn't find color in PA locally, this color was tough to find.

Joyce Honda in Denville NJ. Mario via internet inquiry.
    Happy with no-nonsense sale.
  • Options
    michmousemichmouse Member Posts: 1
    Michigan
    2013 Odyssey EX Out the door price 31.4K
    What do you think of this price?
    The OTD price of a 2012 EX-L is almost same as the 2012 EX. Which one should I go?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    prasadamprasadam Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for Odyssey EXL with RES. Can you please list the dealers who are offering around $32500 out the door price?
  • Options
    coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    edited November 2012
    You are asking if jumping to the EX-L at no cost is a good idea? Why would you not take this offer and run with it? :D
  • Options
    jenniferinjomojenniferinjomo Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at 2012 Honda Odysseys and cant decide between an EXL w/Res or Touring. What is the difference in options?
  • Options
    bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    I faced this same decision and went with the touring elite. The big ones are you get both RES and Nav and you get HID headlights (love). The touring has a bigger hard drive for the audio system and the wide screen RES (in touring elite) which permits two inputs and hence two different video feeds in the rear so two kids using headsets can do two different things. At least in the elite it also comes a six speed transmisson. Other than that the difference are more minor, bigger nicer wheels, fog lamps, a little chrome, and a couple of exclusive to touring colors. In my experience the touring elites do not move as quickly and tend to be priced at a bigger discount.
  • Options
    I think also with touring you get back up sensor's
    with the 5k discount on 2012 its well worth getting the touring.