Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    tnsc_300mtnsc_300m Member Posts: 76
    Folks, I've been reading the posts here and as we all have following the events that has befallen our country in the past two days.

I'd like to let you know about two of our fellow 300M enthusiasts.

Phases78 is, as many of you know, a solider in the US Army, who also drives a very fine 2001 300M.
    I'm proud to have met and get to know this young man and know what he is going thru right now. I am a US Army veteran who was once stationed at the same post and have gone thru the drills and preparations and deployments he is currently experiencing. It very frustrating and somewhat nerve racking waiting and preparing for what our Leaders are yet to decide and execute. the "hurry up and wait" every veteran is familiar with. Please pray for him and his young wife and their families. I am sure he would rather be with us all posting and chatting about our great cars. He has chosen and has trained to do what he and others must do when called on. I know he will do so with same energy, enthusiasm and pride most of this forum only knows thru his exploits with the 300M he proudly pilots.

Avalanche165, is other excellent young man I have met personally and we are all familiar with his posts of modding his 300M. As he has already posted he is muslim which is a group that has been identified in the media as having followers who are or may be directly responsible for the horrofic tragedy of Tuesday. Av is a talented, creative, energetic, young man with dozens of ideas about making the great car we so enthusiastically post about and drive, a better experience for himself and shares those with the rest of us in this and other forums we all participate in.
    He is in New York City to support his family and to help others with his skills and energy. this is a caring, spiritual person with many good qualities we could all learn from. Yet he has been attacked by what can only be defined as a Fool. In another senseless act of hatred and anger against an innocent who is trying to make his and our world a better place. I hope not but probably, I would imagine, in the name of America.
    It is to the deep shame of whoever did this to him.
    What Av is doing with his energy and talent and other attributes described above and unselfishly doing to support his sister and the victims is the model of what an America is about.

God Bless You Phases and AV! For being the outstanding people that you are and for the sacrifices you are both making.
    I pray for safety for both of you.

To Doc and Fuzzy and all the others who have been so personally touched by this tragedy. We pray for you and all the people who were victims of this indescribably brutal attack.

Thank you pat and edmunds for allowing me and all the others in this club to communicate in this way with one another to express our support for each other and our countries and all affected by these events.

Mike Edmonds
    tnsc_300m
  • Options
    silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Avalanche-Everything I wanted to say you has been said. Thank you for the quotes from your holy book. Remember the emotional overload and frustration so many are experiencing. Bad things can, and did happen to you in this situation. After Pearl Harbor thousands of Japanese-Americans were rounded up and placed in concentration camps, regardless of their loyalty to America. They were singled out for their ethnicity, not their religion.

Peace,
    Silver
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    My girlfriend is a first generation American of Iranian parents, and is Muslim (I'm just a dull, pasty Blandinavian :-).

I worry for her safety, given some of the hateful, ignorant, and knee-jerk comments made by some of the thumbheads (e.g., beady-eyed guys who wear baseball caps, swill cheap beer in sports bars and yell at televisions) I work with, here in "Minnesota Nice" country.

Years ago after, I believe, the Iranian hostage crisis her father's restaraunt was torched.

If I encounter anyone harassing any Middle Eastern-looking people because of the recent terrorist acts I will personally interject myself in no uncertain terms to stop it.
  • Options
    OK, just one on-topic post from me. This morning I started up my car and was greeted by an eerie whistling, whirring noise like wind blowing through a cave. It was definitely coming from the rear, and only when I had on the A/C. It was driving me nuts, so I pulled over and got in the back seat to try and isolate the source. It was coming from the inside of the left door! I ran the window down and up, and lo! the noise went away. Could the window switch be shorting out?
    Was the motor running the window up against the stop and a clutch was making the noise? Why only when the A/C was on? Stay tuned.

Silver
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    ..when my lights are set to auto-mode. This has never happened before. It started just after the trip to my 5* for my tranny input speed sensor. Coincidence?

IGNORANCE is not bound by race, religion or geography. The pinheads who attacked AV probably never thought to attack US citizens after one of our own performed such an incredible act of cowardice in Oklahoma City. That would have required thought... This stunning act of cowardice was not just an attack on the U.S. but an attack on the civilized world. The entire human race has been greatly diminished. I am trying to take comfort in the belief that the majority of the people on this earth are thoughtful, caring and intelligent people. Bless us all.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    If your AC was on high enough it could have been sucking air in through a slightly unsealed window. Not sure exactly of the noise, but that would explain why it would go away when you opened the window.
  • Options
    On Monday someone posted about spoilers and asked where I got mine. I haven't responded until now because...well...because it didn't seem like the right topic for a while.

I got my spoiler at California Dream (based in Wisconsin or a similarly non-california location). They can be found at www.california-dream.com. The spoiler wasn't cheap ($279), but the quality of the spoiler is excellent, and the paint is a perfect match and well done. Here are some pictures of my installation.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1620463&a=12998422&f=0

• Options
    Wish me luck, all. I'm on my way home for the first time since Sunday. I'm going to drive instead of waiting for the airports to re-open fully. I turned in the Mustang last night and got myself a nice Maxima for the drive.

Talk to everyone soon. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
  • Options
    What kind of bike did you buy?
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    sorry to hear of the discrimination you are experiencing. Don't for a minute think that all Americans hold a grudge against ALL Muslims. That is just not true. Most Americans want to make the people responsible for the recent nightmare pay for the suffering they have caused. All efforts should be made to avoid any suffering of innocent people while inflicting retribution on the guilty.

Osman, I have Lebonese and Armenian friends. I judge people by who they are and how they present themselves, not by their race or religion uhless they show outright condemnation of me, my religion, or my values. Just for the record I am of Jewish decent raised in Boston, MA. I have seen much discrimination against people of my religion and consider those expressing such attitude to be of low intelligence and low moral values. United states is a melting pot of many races and religion and slowly has learned for the most part to respect the backgrounds and beliefs of others as long as they dont individually cause harm to others.

This is a difficult time for the entire world. Hopefully time will begin to heal the wounds caused by a few deviants who hold no regard for human life. America and the world are being tested. Hopeful, our country will take the right course and prevent any reoccurences of the recent nightmare while respecting the rights of the innocent. God bless all of us.

Easyrider
  • Options
    Huh, I never thought a slightly lowered window could set up such a racket. The noise definitely seemed to be coming from inside the door. Oh, well, that's the least of our problems this week.
    It was so weird having that strange noise coming from the rear, like a bunch of bees nesting inside the door. I will be alert to a reoccurance. Can you imagine what your n* DC dealer would say if you brought it in for that problem? "Well, the window does work within tolerances". Did anyone with a bad regulator hear a noise like I described before it failed?

Silver
  • Options
    mboomgardenmboomgarden Member Posts: 39
    I am disturbed by the knuckleheads who have shown their ignorance on this board and elsewhere by physically or verbally attacking our Muslim brethren. I've spent more than twenty years in the military; I'm currently a Lt Col in the Air Force Reserve and have been notified that I should prepare for a short notice recall. In my time in the military, I've worked alongside men and women of every imaginable race, creed and color. What unites us is that we are--first and foremost--Americans.

The very foundation of the United States of America is found, quite literally, in the words of our founding document, the Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

These words are remarkable, particularly when you consider that the entire experience of humanity to that point had never embraced the notion of human equality. We were, after all, declaring that the notion that to be governed by a monarch defied the natural order, as foreseen by the Creator. A shocking notion, even as recently as the late 18th century.

We have often, as a nation, fallen short of meeting the promise of those words, but we have, for more than two centuries, moved ever closer to realizing the vision of our founding fathers--the Emancipation Proclamation, the constitutional fight for women's suffrage, and, most recently the civil rights movement. At every step of the way real Americans--those devoted to our founding principles--have been confronted with those who would define the right to participation in our democracy by race, religion, or gender. Those who define Americanism by those criteria are the most unamerican of all.

Being a real American, in my view, means being absolutely devoted to the principles of our democracy. If you fail that most fundamental test, you are no true American. If you stand by and do not act, you are a coward.
  • Options
    When you roll the window up and down to you get the same noise from inside the door while the motor is running. If so, maybe the solonoid freaked out and kept the window motor running on ya.
  • Options
    jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    Av-

Please accept the heartfelt sorrows of a 2nd generation American who deplores what happened to you in the strongest possible terms. You are a very talented and intelligent man who is deserving of our respect and admiration. Unfortunately, the national news illustrates that you are not alone in suffering these UNAMERICAN acts of anti-Arabic intolerance. I spent 12 years of my life in the US armed forces fighting for the ideals of this nation, and those few irresponsible bigots who commit these acts are as dangerous to those ideals as any foreign power.
  • Options
    phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    av: man, i dont even know what to say, your one of my best online friends and it kills me to hear all this.... people like that, are what causes wars...

well, guys, im home for tonight, i go in tomorrow for a 24-36 hour work day. we're gettin ready for any possible course of action.

we were briefed today by our BC. all i can rightfully say to you all, is this:

The military EXPECTS further terrorist attacks, in the form of land attacks. dismounted terrorists, and car bombs. we're doing everything we can here at ft. campbell to prevent that. if any one sees anyone or anything that seems suspecios enought to be looked into, notify someone.. and for those of you that are very shook up right now, this isnt meant to be scary, just a fact that needs to be addressed. be safe, take it easy guys..

p.s. thank you everyone for your kind messages to me, yes, this is a bit nerve racking and quite a change of pace, but i chose this, and im glad i did.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Phases - I wish you all the best.

I work at the largest naval installation in the world, the Norfolk Naval Base. I have had the same experiences you related earlier about getting through the gates in the last couple of days, and way worse than that inconvenience is the thought of what is to come.

I am seeing security measures at this base that I have NEVER seen anything close to in the 20 years I have worked there.

To be honest with all of you, I personally am pretty frightened - I work in a building with upwards of 5,000 employees, and we are right on the water by the piers and the ships. We've always known we - as a building, not to mention as a base - would be an attractive target, but never had a reason to think that might be a problem until Tuesday.

And then there is the Joint Forces Atlantic Fleet Command Headquarters which is a couple miles from my home, and a couple miles from my place of business - halfway in between.

Phases, you have my sincerest best wishes and prayers. This is a very frightening time; it seems to me that what we have seen is only the tip of the iceberg.

Avalanche are you reading any of this? I do hope we have managed to make up to you the offenses you felt last night - please let us know - and please feel free to email me if you'd rather.

Pat
  • Options
    guesswho1guesswho1 Member Posts: 209
    tomorrow has been designated as a national day of mourning. i would like to ask all my friends here in townhall to show your pride, wear as much red white and blue as you can, fly a flag on your car your house your mailbox, and please change all the flags here in townhall to American flags. thank you. i would also like to send out my condolences and prayers to all my friends and their families at Morgan Stanley. sincerely racefan9
  • Options
    phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    thanks for posting my few messages. thanks for your comments for me. it must be scary working where your work, just know, that the military is working hard to keep you safe, and absolutely nuthing will get thru by air or see, im confident of that. our concerns now are of the terrorist still in the states, and i dont think they'd take themselves or carbombs to a stucture as big as yours sounds, nor near a naval base. im at a loss of words on what to say about the Joint Forces Atlantic Fleet Command Headquarters, thats a primary concern of the military, im sure.. anway, be safe, take it easy..

u dont have to post this if you dont want, its directed to you
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    phases78-

It sounds as if things are starting to move forward. Stay safe and thank you.

fastdriver
  • Options
    lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    I'm one of the people who made an untoward comment yesterday. I meant it for the perpetrators of the atrocities of Tuesday, not for ANY law abiding people no matter what their background. I'm sorry if I worded it poorly enough that it could be taken as an affront to anyone of any ethnic origin who was not part of the awful plot we were discussing.
    I work with a number of gentlemen of the Muslim faith and have no problems with any of them.

Being an atheist myself, I have great difficulty understanding how anyone can believe in any religion devoutly enough to kill themselves and others in the name of their god.

Again, I am truly sorry that my comment was so poorly worded that it offended anyone, especially anyone who participates in this forum that I follow regularly and enjoy greatly.

Lynn Flowers
    McKinney, Texas USA
  • Options
    dubbeddubbed Member Posts: 33
    im sorry to hear about what happened to you, i'm very sorry. there are many f***s in the world that take their hate to the fullest, and i think that is bullsh*t. i know cause i dealt with it for years. i am a white male and lived on the west side of chicago nearly my whole life. i was brought up in a mainly minoriy neiborhood "ghetto" where i didnt fit in at all. i was beat up many times, but then i learned to adjust. i have no prejudices against anyone, because there are good and bad people of every race. even though i dont know u in person, i still consier u a friend online. u will always be my "brutha" no matter what happens. i just wanted to post this to tell people that one person doesnt account for a whole race, there are bad people every where. mixed races too. dont hate on someone because of their race. people are people no mtter what happens. again ava i feel for you an i am terribly sorry for what happened. i hope you get back in the swing of things and finnaly get your car done. jk my reagards go out to you!!! as well as everyone else suffering from the biggits around the world

later "bro"
    take care of yourslf
    TOM
    (dubs)
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I think of you as a kindred sprite. It saddens me to think that there are people out there that would do this. Just when I was started to get uplifted by the persons found alive. It is too bad everyone doesn't act as our club members do to each other. Maybe we should have the government buy a 300M for everyone, so we will all get along. I pray that your emotions will heal as good as you physcal injurys do. Keep the faith, your friend (at least I consider myself your friend).
  • Options
    tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Mike, I was after a all aluminum 24 speed dual suspension mountain bike by Pacific. It was $200 at Target and I waited for it to go on sale before I bought it. Sale price was $139.

It is not a Lance Armstrong class bike, but I am not in Lance Armstrong's pro class either. But, I am enjoying it just the same! I am just novice at biking.

BTW Mike, I saw the pics of you biking. Tell me about your bike.
  • Options
    mannaeimannaei Member Posts: 4
    hi there can any one open the speed lock on my 300 m 1999,if so how and how much
  • Options
    dubbeddubbed Member Posts: 33
    sorry my message was sol ame but im sorry. this whole "war thing" is really gettin to me. i hope everyone survives and makes it through all the hard times we are all having. again my heart goes out to all!!!!!!!!!!!

tom
    (DUBS)
  • Options
    mykemmykem Member Posts: 203
    Deep down, I know that second plane was not for Wsahington or New York. Why did they wait until Cleveland to turn around? It was clear they turned around after the first plane in DC did not hit its target.

I believe it was destined for one of the other tallest buildings in the world ... three of which are in Chicago... and the tallest of which is probably not even 200 feet from my building.

Maybe not one of the most heroic stories or fantastic stories of survival or lucky stories (like people who slept late), but it makes me think.

And that's all I have to say on this.

-m
  • Options
    denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    My daughter's high school physics class assignment was to build a car powered only by a mousetrap that will travel 5 meters. Here it is (she takes it to school tomorrow for the big road race).

It reminds me in a very small way of some of the qualities that make this country so great: our ingenuity, creativity, determination to solve problems, resourcefulness. History is full of humans with black hearts who have found it all too easy to kill and destroy. They have not prevailed, and they never will, because most people strive for good and light. Let's find strength in that spirit that we share.
  • Options
    I wish science was that fun when I was in school!

Is the prize a new M? :)

-m
  • Options
    Here's an interesting piece that no doubt fell between the cracks due to the tragedy.

Some charts
    Cover picture
    Can This Man Save Chrysler?

Dieter Zetsche's resume
    Chrysler's family of cars
    Possible Chrysler troubles

-m

• Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Too bad you don't have one of those 1/24th scale 300M bodys to put on it. I'll bet it gets better gas mileage then your M. The big question is will it out accelerate your M :) I hope she has fun.
  • Options
    ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Hi all , well you have another Canadian who agrees with Mr Sinclair. You guys help the world but when you need help few come calling. The USA and Canada are the two best countries in the world ,thanks for everything you have done. God Bless America ,from your brothers to the north
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    just wondering: did you build that model or did your daughter--after all, it was HER asssignment---but I bet you ended up doing her homework
  • Options
    cmyers300mcmyers300m Member Posts: 206
    After checking the emails I missed last night, has anyone heard from Avalanche?? I noticed there was nothing posted from him yesterday. Just wanted to make sure everythings okay..............
  • Options
    fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Friday Night, September 14, at 7:00 p.m., in your time zone, step out of your door, stop your car, or step out of your establishment and light a candle. We will show the world that Americans are strong and united together against terrorism. Please pass this to everyone on your e-mail list. We need to reach everyone across the United States quickly.

fowler3
  • Options
    Before I got involved at all, my daughter chose to build it with tinker toys, had the basic chassis assembled, and set up the power transmission method (when I first heard about the project, I was stumped trying to figure out how to transmit power to the rear wheels). I helped secure the mousetrap, drill a hole in the rear axle, test it, and make some refinements.
  • Options
    It just occurred to me...

Did you use the M for a measuring stick to be sure it went five meters?

After all, the 300M is five meters long! Heh.

-m
  • Options
    I got email from Av yesterday at about 2:00. He's still in New York helping out others.
    I'm sad to report he has had to get stitches 3 times in the brief time he's been there. :-(
    Please pray for his safety with all the others we offer up today.
    He indicated he may stay longer.
    I'll include one quote from his message.
    "there's one thing that is nice up here in NY....everyone is covered in dust. you can't tell who is black white asian or anything"

Even in tragedy life has a way of making us all appear as we were created. humans, people.

be careful AV.

Mike,
    tnsc_300m
  • Options
    Otto-Thanks for the kind words about America. Sorry about that invasion thing back in the 18th century. :>)

Silver
  • Options
    Hi Folks,
    As a request/reminder to those here who post regulary and have "modded" their edmunds profile to show a "Country" which displays a flag next to our nicknames on the board. Today I and many others, I think, are modding their country/flag to the USA stars and stripes to show support for the wonderful country so many of us call home and to show solidarity with us all as a nation and people.

Many of us chose a different "Country" in our profile to add some individuality, color and extra fun to what we all enjoy here, not in any way to show we are not proud of the flag and nation we proudly honor and many of us have defended. The same way most of us picked differnt features and colors in our choice of 300M. We fiercely defend our car choice in this and other forums. We also fiercely defend and support our country, our fellow Americans and our friends and Allies and the innocents of this world from the type of horror we all have experienced this week.

I respectfully request those of us who call this land of the USA home to use our flag proudly. At least today or thru the weekend. I will probably change my choice back next week. Because I enjoy the freedom to do so. I encourage us all to make our own choices and respect the choice of those who may not. To our many friends here from Canada and other nations, you are of course free to keep your choice to honor your home nation. I do not mean to either exclude or include others from other nations in the request. I'm adressing primarily my fellow coutrymen, but I'm sure we would all be appreciative of any support shown. I hope I'm not appearing to be coerceive or overly nationalistic to any one, It's not my intention in any way.
    Thank You and God bless us all.

tnsc_300m
  • Options
    Seems to take a while for it to change. image
  • Options
    grunschevgrunschev Member Posts: 106
    You know how sometimes, under some circumstances, when you stand up quickly you can get a "head rush"? Late last night on my way home, I accelerated quickly from a stop light and managed to give myself a head rush. It was quite odd, but it gave me a big grin.

Igor
    ps I'm glad all my "internet buddies" are okay.
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    from drpixel. First, to Pat thank you so much for the undertsanding you have shown as administrator/voice of reason on this forum. I'm sure that this is not an easy job, given the way people have been posting, especially in reference to Muslims everywhere. As you have already done so, Pat, I too apologize for those postings-whehter or not they were members of our club-- as Vice President of the 300mClub, and as a human being who has witnessed this horrible tragedy firsthand (first-eye?...). To avalanche, I say Malik Salaam (<--pls forgive spelling....), my BROTHER, and to all people everywhere, put aside petty greivances, put aside our dislikes of
    peoples who are not the same color as we are,
    who do not speak the same language as we do,
    or dress the same way that we do, or believe in the same God that we do; for no matter what, when you cut any one of us, we all bleed red, and that makes us all alike; and literally brothers--and sisters -- under the skin.
    My heart is heavy with sorrow for the people who have perished, and burdened with pain for what av and his family, and innocent Muslim people everywhere are no enduring. While not old enough to actually have witnessed this, it DOES remind me of the Japanese interment camps during WW2..., and to hope that we, as Americans do not stoop to that level.
    >>>I will now get down off of my soapbox<<<
    To laurasdada.....I too am suffering from a blinking lightshow when the lighting switch is in the AUTO position.. To all posters, is there a TSB from DC on this, or is it an 'undocumented feature' of the dashboard? I did switch to full Manual position of lights, but I miss the SAuto function....

As to the Fed....some operations have been switched to an alternate Contingency Site for the time being. I am doubtful that I will have to report to work to that site; but am extemely concerned that we may have to report back to the Main Building in NYC. They have been srolling info ascross bottom of screen that the asbestos levels in the air are toxic, and ppl should wear a breathing mask,etc. Many trains are not running, little or no traffic below a specific street...I wonder how-if at all I'll be getting to work.... will try to keep you all posted as to whats going on.....

Doc
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    ...................................................(@¿@).......................
    /******\
    Sad Doc...
  • Options
    funroadsfunroads Member Posts: 49
    Has anyone dealt successfully with any glove box rattles? Mine rattles constantly, even when empty. I can stop the rattle by putting my finger on the upper left corner of the closed glove box and pressing down towards the floor.

Any input would be appreciated.

G.B.A.
  • Options
    You have to log out and back in for it to be effective.

I'm seeing Americans change their flags back to their real country of residence all over Town Hall. It's very nice to see.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • Options
    That's a very interesting article, thanks scotian.

On another note, some of you might like to read this from Chicago Sun-Times: The spirit of America: bowed, but unbroken.
  • Options
    gillss1gillss1 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry Folks, I am new to the board. If someone could give me message #'s or some advise on my 99 m's windows I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it home safe and sound today. Long drive, but the Nissan Maxima made it tolerable. Nice car.

-M
  • Options
    Andy - tell us more about what exactly about your windows you need help with, and I'm sure the folks here will be happy to tell you anything they know.

Welcome to Town Hall.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board