Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S5 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
Ask your S5 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Can someone please post the money factors and residuals for 2011 and 2012 S5 coupes, prestige & premium plus? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi richz. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Prestige are .00163 and 56%.

The numbers for otherwise identical leases of the 2011 version of this car are .00164 / 52% for 36 months and and .00164 / 51% for 39 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks!
    You're welcome richz.

Car_man
    Host
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    Hi Car_man,
    Can you post the October rates?
    Thanks!
    Jennifer
    If you are looking to lease immediately I was told by a dealer that the September rates are in effect through Monday.
  • mpk444mpk444 Member Posts: 9
    Is it realistic to expect that I can receive the 0.00163 as stated or will the dealer attempt to negotiate a much higher money factor?
    Do you have the 39 month money factor and residual? Thanks for your help.
    You need good credit to qualify for that money factor. Beyond that I don't know if Audi dealers can mark up the money factor, I know BMW dealers are allowed to do that. I spoke to a few Audi dealers and all were giving me the base rate of 0.00163. If they don't, just tell them you want the base rate.
    Thanks, richz. According to dealer, they are not charging me the refundable deposit and instead, built that into the payment. Not sure if that makes sense.
    If you don't put down a security deposit then they bump up your money factor by 0.00015. I would pay the security deposit but it's your call.
    Thanks for your help. Seems like a waste of money to just pay the higher money factor and not receive the deposit back at the end.
    Do you know anything about the maintenance care package? I am trying to figure out if it is worth rolling it into the monthly payment. It will raise my payment by approx $45.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    $45 per month!!

I've always seen AudiCare quoted at $895 MSRP... It used to raise the residual by 1%, offsetting much of the cost.. But, even if that isn't the case any more, full price would only add $25-$30 per month...

I'd ask them exactly what they are selling you....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Definitely go for the Audi Care, as kyfdx mentioned it increases the residual value of the car by 1%. I just negotiated a deal and MSRP is $850. You need to know how to compute your monthly payment yourself so your know exactly what kind of deal you are getting. Use this calculator to figure it out: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    Ok, spoke to the dealer. The Audi basic care adds about $20. The additional $25 was coming from a multi shield package, which covers windshields, tires, and wheels. I am going to decline that portion as it seems costly.

I have been using the Leasing Guide calculator, which is a great tool. Does anyone know what a realistic expectation should be for price over invoice on an S5? Also, there are charges, such as Tri-State Dag ($300) and inspection ($195). Are these legit?
    $1000 over what Edmunds lists as the invoice price is a good deal. Depending on how many dealers you have in your area this may or may not be possible. I negotiated that on a 2012 S5 recently but you have to contact a bunch of dealers, give them your offer, and if they are far off just politely decline. I'm not sure how much time you want to spend negotiating a deal, check out truecar.com for a more hassle-free sales experience.

As far as the fees, every dealer will charge a documentation fee which is really a bunch of bs in my opinion and in some states are capped for that reason. I consider that profit in the deal and won't pay more than $200 for that. As far as the other fees I don't have those in my state, not sure if they are mandatory for you or just dealer profit margin.
    Hi Jennifer. The October lease program for the S5 should be exactly the same as its September program was through November 1st (.00163 and 59% for a 36 month / 15k lease of a '12 S5 Coupe Premium Plus).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mpk444. On a low volume vehicle like the S5 you may very well see dealers attempt to mark your vehicle's money factor up. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you should be able to avoid this by telling the dealer that you want them to use the buy rate to calculate your payment.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00183 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    This may be the wrong forum for this question, so I apologize if it is. Do you know if the sports rear differential is an important option on the S5? Curious if that is more for track and/or road racing.
    richz and carman, thanks a ton for all of your help. I appreciate it and it was extremely impactful on me getting a deal done. My final decision is whether to pay for sport rear differential. Thanks again.
    I personally don't track my car or race but I decided to get the sports rear differential. Apparently it is fun when driving on winding roads or through turns. I'm not sure if you're ordering or getting a car off a dealer's lot because most of the cars I've seen on the lot have the sports rear differential option. Personally, I figured on a 60K+ car what's another 1K. You can find a lot more opinions on the sports rear diff on various audi forums.
    I am buying off a lot. One dealer has a car with the sport differential and one has a car without it. The price difference is not significant. The car without it is much closer to me, but I am going to go with the one with differential. Seems like it can't hurt to have it. Thanks again for all of the info. Do you live in a cold climate? I am trying to figure out how to handle tires/wheels in the winter. I live in Pittsburgh, so we get a decent amount of snow and the summer tires won't work here in the winter.
    edited October 2011
    Yes, I live in Boston. Everyone with an S5 around here puts winter tires on in the winter, you definitely can't use summer tires in Pittsburgh. You can get away with all season tires but winter tires are always a good idea in climates like ours.

Regarding the sports differential, if you say the car without it is much closer to what you want then I personally would go that way. For the type of driving you do it seems the other options will be more important to you on a daily basis but it's obviously your call.
  • loops5loops5 Member Posts: 3
    Car man , what would a 60k S5 prestige run , by your estimates, for 36 mos or 39 mos, and 12k per year;
    your posts have been very helpful , thanks
    Hi loops5. Is $60,000 this car's MSRP or selling price? I need both to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    The selling price is 60750 as lease , 60000 as a purchase ,I was told I get 750 loyalty
    And 1500 off on the purchase, appreciate your opinion
  • pddesertguypddesertguy Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 S5 Prestige coupe this month. The car that I am looking for is:
    Phantom Black Pearl Effect$,Carbon fiber decorative inlays, 19” 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer tires, Power rear window sunshade. The MSRP on the Audi web site is 64,850.

What is the best deal that I can expect for a 15K/36 mo lease? Or would it be better to buy the car? I had top tier credit and am not a current Audi owner. I'm willing to pay security to buy down the MF to the base rate or anything else that is needed to secure the BEST deal.
    The residual for the prestige is 3% less than for the premium plus so I would rather lease a premium plus with the options you want. You need to figure out what the best sale price you can get on the car is then use a lease calculator to figure out the monthly payment. I just worked up a quick number and if you negotiated a price of $1000 over invoice and with 6.25% sales tax you'd pay around $950/month.
  • sire1066sire1066 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking at leasing an S5 Premium Plus with six-speed manual transmission and quattro: Sports rear differential, Audi MMI® navigation plus, Carbon fiber decorative inlays, Rear acoustic parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen® Sound System, 19” 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer tires, Audi advanced key. Price as built was 61K. I briefly reviewed lease option and the 3 and 4 year leases were most attractive. I would like to know what is reasonable for the least down (e.g. nothing) with the lowest monthly. I am working with the dealership in Concord California. Can you give me an idea of this?
    Thank you for the help!!
  • sire1066sire1066 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking at leasing an S5 Premium Plus with six-speed manual transmission and quattro: Sports rear differential, Audi MMI® navigation plus, Carbon fiber decorative inlays, Rear acoustic parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen® Sound System, 19” 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer tires, Audi advanced key. Price as built was 61K. I briefly reviewed lease option and the 3 and 4 year leases were most attractive. I would like to know what is reasonable for the least down (e.g. nothing) with the lowest monthly. I am working with the dealership in Concord California. Can you give me an idea of this?
    Thank you for the help!!
    Don't keep posting and use a lease calculator to figure out what you expect to pay.
    Hi sire1066. This car's lease payment will depend upon how large a discount you are able to negotiate. For example, a 36-month, 15k lease of this S5 Coupe with a $1,000 dealer discount would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $824. A $2,000 dealer discount would drop this car's payment to around $794. A $3,000 discount would result in a payment of around $765...etc.

Car_man
    Host
    Not sure what numbers you're using but first of all the MSRP as equipped is 61,825 assuming non-metallic paint. With $1000 off MSRP it is pre-tax of 875/month.
    I assumed that "Price as built was 61K" meant an MSRP of $61,000 and I worked the payments from there.

Car_man
    Host
    Your math is still significantly wrong.
    Richz, the payment that I calculated is right on the money for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with an MSRP of $61,000 and a selling price of $60,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • jkp543jkp543 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a 2012 S5 Prestige coupe and my husband is making me do the leg work because I'm making him do the negotiations :-).
    I'll take whatever they have on the lot in terms of options. I've got MRSP and invoice prices on the car and all options to factor that in. I did find a leasing cash bonus of $750 and 1.9% finance. To the best of my knowledge there are no other major incentives or holdbacks but I'm looking for the residual and MF, and anything else I need to know in order to get a good deal. In general is the end of the year a good time to lease, can I expect a better deal? I plan to prequalify at my bank before I go to the dealership. BTW, I'm in Atlanta.
    Help!! Thank you in advance.
  • willie2lwillie2l Member Posts: 14
    I am looking at a new 2011 S5 coupe, auto with prestige package, etc. Dealer is offering at his "cost." I suggested he take a few thousand off given that the new S5 is coming soon and this one will be quite dated, especially considering the new interior styling that will be in the next model. I would also think there is money from Audi to help clear 2011 inventory.

So, the question is, what is a reasonable deal to look for on this car and/or is it smarter to just wait for the new model, even the A5 with the sweet 3.0 engine.

Thanks very much.
    edited December 2011
    LOL, ok, why don't you tell me this, do you understand how Audi Financial Services handles the gas guzzler tax? It is not residualized. That is the first of your problems.
  • willie2lwillie2l Member Posts: 14
    No, haven't a clue. I would assume there is no residual on that. Actually, I think I posted in the wrong forum as I am looking to purchase, not lease this vehicle. So, I guess residual issues are not in play. That said, I would still be very interested in your opinion of what a fair deal, lease or purchase, would be on this car.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and opinion, i really appreciate it.
    Hi richz. That is why I stated that I was calculating a "pre-tax" payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • cashmandoocashmandoo Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Car man or anyone else on this thread... Do you have current Money Factor and residuals for 2012 S5 Premium Plus Convertible?

Thanks!
    Here you go cashmandoo. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Convertible Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cashmandoocashmandoo Member Posts: 10
    thanks Car Man... sorry for the delay.
    No problem at all cashmandoo. You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • sk77sk77 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car man and everyone --

Do you have current Money Factor and residual figures for a 2012 S5 Prestige Coupe, automatic, with 10K and 12K miles per year?

Thanks in advance!
    I certainly do sk77. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Prestige Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Member Posts: 17
    Hello carman -

I asked about the 0.00099 mf for the prestige described above and was told it does not exist - I am getting a mf of 0.00122.
This discussion has been closed.