Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

335xi 2011 1200 miles deal or not ?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what you think about the deal I was offers by a dealer.
335xi turbo automatic steptronic trans. , coupe, white metallic, cold weather pack, premium pack, nav system, satellite radio, ipod/USB adapter,
MSRP 54,100

has 1200 miles on it used by BMW rep. warranty has not been started on this car... but to me it is a used car. their offer $45,500 out the door not tax.
they claim that they lose $4500 on the deal ..
i personally don't think it's a deal since Edmunds.com appraisal come only for 42k even it's BMW certified.. would like to hear what you guys think

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    If it hasn't ever been registered to anyone (no plates issued) then it's not a used car.

Seems like an okay deal as a "new" car, about $3K less than invoice....HOWEVER, although it is a new car, it's still last year's model, so you'll have to consider that when 2012 rolls around, you'll have two years depreciation.

I'd say $42000 is about right but not so sure they'd give it to you for that. You can try.

Why is it left over? Is it a weird color?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,533
    Not to disagree with Mr Shiftright, as I have the highest regards for his opinion. It is true that it's now last year's model. But, it's also true that it could be considered a new car. 1,200 miles is nothing on this car.

It's a sweet car (nearly identical to my 335i except for xDrive and the color).

For comparison's sake, the '12 model will look almost identical to the '11 coupe.

$44K may be a little strong. But, this is a highly desirable car sitting almost at the very top of BMW's 3 series line-up (M series being the top). It has all the desirably options. I'd offer $43K and see if they bite. If not, I'd go $43,500 as a final offer. Walk if they don't take it.

For that car, I'd say it's a great deal.
    2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited March 2012
    We're not disagreeing...I think I said "it's not a used car". :) My point was that say by fall of this year, it'll be competing with 2013 cars and so will definitely suffer some depreciation "inherently"--that is, regardless of mileage or condition.

I also think it's a pretty good deal but needs to be a little lower asking price.
  • Thank you guys for your reply and your input. Car was not registered yet i guess it's "new" but last year. it's white color and why they have not sold it yet I don't know. I agree car is sweet. I want sporty BMW with all wheel drive since i drive to the mountains all the time.
    but i am not "desperate" to have it. I have older 325xi that serves the purpose for now.. I will offer them $40K cash and see how they react. I will keep you updated if you are interested.

PS
    from same dealer i bout in 2010 new (custom ordered) x5 diesel and was able to close deal at $54,200 of course at that time BMW was offering if i remember correctly $4500 cash credit for diesel.